The Complaintnado Complaint Thread

:-P

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:

...It's also National

...day

Oh my gosh, that's looks so tasty.

at first I thought your sig said stay away from foods, blah blah blah and then I realized the rest made no sense with foods.

hehe. sorry, i did make the print tiny to try and make it unobostrusive.

Stay away from foods? Sounds like one heck of a harsh diet!  Almost as bad as that Diet of Worms U read about in history class... :-|

Unless you're a bird or a fish. smiley

• The "Complaints 'R' Us, complaint thread"

• NVIATWASNVIATWAS Posts: 1,242
    edited February 2018
    Tjohn said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:

...It's also National

...day

at first I thought your sig said stay away from foods, blah blah blah and then I realized the rest made no sense with foods.

Stay away from foods? Sounds like one heck of a harsh diet!  Almost as bad as that Diet of Worms U read about in history class... :-|

Point well made!!! :-)

The "Complaints 'R' Us, complaint thread"

Another good one! Lots of creativity flowing in here!!! :-)

Post edited by Chohole on

Yecch.  Overcast has turned into a cold, silent mist. Definitely hot tea time.  Took out trash and my poor footsies got cold, had to turn on the foot heater.  Ah well, beef and bbq pinto beans cooking awaym added a splash of hot sauce to warm me up. :-)

I'd kill for a bag of potato chips or a package of tater tots... really need to get off my rattle and sell stuff.  I do have a bag of change and there are 2 convienence stores within 3 blocks, but I'm not going out in the cold damp mist in my prosthesis... :-/

• Non-complaint:  Weather is looking slightly non-iffy for a Sunday afternoon drive to Buffalo.  Rain and temperature in the low 40s.  Yea!  I might get to go to the symphony after all.  Fingers crossed.  I still don't trust Western NY weather forecasts more than a few hours so I'll wait until tomorrow morning to decide.  I'll just have to trust that tickets are still available.  But last night the web site indicated that there were plenty of seats still available. 

Non-complaint:  Weather is looking slightly non-iffy for a Sunday afternoon drive to Buffalo.  Rain and temperature in the low 40s.  Yea!  I might get to go to the symphony after all.  Fingers crossed.  I still don't trust Western NY weather forecasts more than a few hours so I'll wait until tomorrow morning to decide.  I'll just have to trust that tickets are still available.  But last night the web site indicated that there were plenty of seats still available. 

Crossing fingers, remaining toes, and eyes for you.  I hope you get to go!  If so, have fun for me...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited February 2018

..making an offering to the weather gods for just liquid water from the sky and mild temperatures.

...The Weather Forecasters Never Get It Right Complaint Thread.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited February 2018
    NVIATWAS said:

Wow! I found two USB3 powered hubs in my gear pile!  Going to sell those and my fancy Hawaiin shirts, which turned out to be heavier than my light cotton short-sleeve shirts.  Weird... :-|

Still dishwater gray skies looming overhead like hugry vultures.  But no rain, just... drear..

...are the shirts made in Hawai'i?

...and what size?

kyoto kid said:

..making an offering to the weather gods for just liquid water from the sky and mild temperatures.

...The Weather Forecasters Never Get It Right Complaint Thread.

I'd send you some Central Texas weather but they say it might sneaux in the Hill Country... :-/

...ended up having a 5 cheese (all italian) pizza for dinner In celebration of National Pizza Day.

kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:

Wow! I found two USB3 powered hubs in my gear pile!  Going to sell those and my fancy Hawaiin shirts, which turned out to be heavier than my light cotton short-sleeve shirts.  Weird... :-|

Still dishwater gray skies looming overhead like hugry vultures.  But no rain, just... drear..

...and what size?

No, these are just Hawaiian print on silk, I think.  XL too.  I'm a fat snake. :-|

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    DanaTA said:
    Mistara said:

g8f ktarya in carrara smiley

couple more things to solve before i can use g8f in my carrara movie.

g8m does not have the toe morph problem g8f is giving.

She has quite the underbite!  laugh 

Dana

hickee  >.<  lol

NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:

...and what size?

No, these are just Hawaiian print on silk, I think.  XL too.  I'm a fat snake. :-|

magnum PI ?

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,166
    edited February 2018

NVIATWAS mentioned the "FIrebird Suite" the other day.  It is also one of the pieces I've known and loved since I was young.  Disney's recent treatment of it in his "Fantasia2000" movie was very good, but it's just 10 minutes of it.  Perhaps short enough for modern people to sit still for and as an introduction to it, but the long version is almost an hour and has its own flavor.

Disney's animated short version of Stravinsky's "The Firebird":  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu4lbpJFpqs  Lots of flutterbys at the end. smiley

Full version;  "The Firebird":  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZkIAVGlfWk

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

..one of my favourite works

Mistara said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:

...and what size?

magnum PI ?

I thought they would be nice and lightweight for an Austin Summer. Much to my surprise, they were pretty darn warm!

And worse, they didn't make me look like Tom Selleck (sp?)!

NVIATWAS mentioned the "FIrebird Suite" the other day.  It is also one of the pieces I've known and loved since I was young.  Disney's recent treatment of it in his "Fantasia2000" movie was very good, but it's just 10 minutes of it.  Perhaps short enough for modern people to sit still for and as an introduction to it, but the long version is almost an hour and has its own flavor.

Disney's animated short version of Stravinsky's "The Firebird":  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu4lbpJFpqs  Lots of flutterbys at the end. smiley

Full version;  "The Firebird":  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZkIAVGlfWk

I heard 'The Firebird' done by the San Francisco Symphony, back when I was rich and cultured.  Spent tons of cash on the symphony and the San Francisco Opera.  Many a goo memory.

'He dies, she dies, EVERYBODY dies'! :-)

• Makeovers cost extra.

edited February 2018

my 8 core is currently in redwood, wa
    starting its transcontinental journey

i slept 12 hours in a row, woke up at 2:47pm  mike gulf
    1 martini can zonks out so much?

still struggling withe victoria 8 morph in carrara.  
    can understand a rigging prob, but! this is just a plain old morph
    why o why o why would a morph miss verts,
    every g8f morphs miss the same few nailbed verts on 3 toes

erc's another hit or miss.
    pose control erc on genesisesesess work fine, but not on incantoo skeleton,
    my creaky watery old eyes arent detecting differences in the file syntax. rotationY

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited February 2018

I enjoy animations set around classical music.  I know some music purists think it's sacrilege but anything that gets people to listen to the great music is OK with me.

There's a set of six animations in a film called "Allegro non Troppo" that appeared around the time of Disney's original "Fantasia" (late 40s).  The plot of the live action part of the film itself is stupid and sucks royal swamp water, but the six animations are gems rarely seen.  The one for "Bolero" is one of my favorites, but the one with the cat remembering his family in the burned out house brings a tear to my eye.  Here's Sibelius' "Valse Trieste". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APSEYn7CqzQ

kyoto kid said:

...ended up having a 5 cheese (all italian) pizza for dinner In celebration of National Pizza Day.

loll

edited February 2018

On my mini-adventure last Thursday I stopped in at Dominoes and picked up one of their 3-toppings for $7 large pizzas.  I eat one piece and freeze the rest individually for meal or snack later.  I can make one cheap pizza last for two or three weeks. enlightened  The trick is knowing how to cook a frozen slice of pizza without turning it into cardboard.  (microwave:  instead of 1 minute on high, cook it for 6 minutes on 1/5 power) experiment with the time until you get it right.  But don't increase the power or you'll turn it into tough cardboard. no

But for heaven's sake don't cook it for 6 minutes on full power.  The oil bursts into flame generating thick oily black smoke that lingers in your home for weeks and turns the inside of your microwave an ugly streaky dark brown.  (The voice of experience).

edited February 2018

...much of the music of the laet 19th  and early 20th century was "programmatic" in nature in that it evoked images, even noted so in the titles of the works.  Scores from operas and ballets in particular are programme works as they directly support the "on stage" visual action.

I too have no issue with much of it being used as soundtracks (as long as it works with the scene being depicted). When I entertained thoughts long ago of an animated film of based on my SF story I was working on, I considered going the Kubric route adapting existing music for much of the film's score. I was looking at works by composers such as Jongen, Messiaen, and Chip Davis (the latter for the title theme link below).

35 years ago as a project for a course I was in, I arranged and edited together a demo soundtrack with existing music that told a story, where I just gave short one paragraph descriptions of each scene. Received an outstanding evaluation for it.  I still have it somewhere on an old cassette tape.

I also do find it somewhat sad that well crafted film soundtracks don't often get the same consideration as ballet/operatic works do

On my mini-adventure last Thursday I stopped in at Dominoes and picked up one of their 3-toppings for $7 large pizzas.  I eat one piece and freeze the rest individually for meal or snack later.  I can make one cheap pizza last for two or three weeks. enlightened  The trick is knowing how to cook a frozen slice of pizza without turning it into cardboard.  (microwave:  instead of 1 minute on high, cook it for 6 minutes on 1/5 power) experiment with the time until you get it right.  But don't increase the power or you'll turn it into tough cardboard. no

But for heaven's sake don't cook it for 6 minutes on full power.  The oil bursts into flame generating thick oily black smoke that lingers in your home for weeks and turns the inside of your microwave an ugly streaky dark brown.  (The voice of experience).

...yeah I still have half that pizza left over. I do a similar thing in that I put it in the MW for about a minute then heat the oven to about 175° - 200° and put it in there for about 5 min.  Not enough to cook it as to just warm it to proper eating temperature without turning the crust to rubber..

edited February 2018

Every now and then I get a bee in my bonnet and consider stringing images to some music. 

The 2nd movement of Saint-Saens 5th Piano Concerto ("The Egyptian") fascinates me with its varied cultural themes (oriental, middle eastern, european, african).  I always envision it as the composer while visiting Cairo, leaving his busy European style hotel and taking a walk at twilight down by the Nile and hearing flavors of local cultural music from the various residents, then at the very end of his walk climbing an outdoor stairway up the bank of the river back into the bright lights and music of his European hotel when the piece enters the 3rd movement (not in this video).

Saint-saens: Piano Concert #5 "The Egyptian" 2nd movement:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDgXkbsnamM

...hmm how do you just get a link instead of the image?

• kyoto kid said:

...hmm how do you just get a link instead of the image?

I just copy the link URL and paste it into the forum text.  How do you get a picture link instead of just a URL?

edited February 2018

...I do the same.

Wonderful piece however, I still need to get a new set of headphones.  Did what I could to fix the old ones but only getting mono output and have to keep my head very steady or they cut out.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
    edited February 2018

I sometimes give my fish worms to eat.

Tjohn said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:

...It's also National

...day

ontinued here     https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/231756/the-complaints-r-us-complaint-thread

Post edited by Chohole on
This discussion has been closed.