The No Complaint too Trivial Complaint Thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593
    edited February 2018
    ps1borg said:

Morning. Dentist. Two fillings. Ouch. That is my complaint nao :)

...ow indeed. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited February 2018

...was up well into the early morning hours playing around with lighting and surfaces in 3DL, didn't finally doze off until almost 03:45.  Didn't wake up until almost quarter past 11:00 this morning.

Page 97

...The I Got To Stop Pulling All Nighters Complaint Thread.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    kyoto kid said:
    Mistara said:

here's a NVIDIA Titan V 12GB HBM Memory  for yoo  lol

adds $3,744.00  to build  dohhhhh >>.<<

https://www.maingear.com/boutique/pc/configurePrd.asp?idproduct=2793

fantasy building, is fun stuff

..yeah it is. Someday when I hit the Megabucks, I'll have that dual 22 core 2.5 GHz Xeon 128 GB render box.  88 threads for Carrara or Iray rendering, who needs a GPU?

Expensive place and no W7 Pro upgrade.

no, but win10pro option is there

my dayjpb announced they rolling out win10pro, dragging me kicking and screaming to have to learn it, lol

• NVIATWASNVIATWAS Posts: 1,242
    kyoto kid said:

...agh 03:17, up late (early?) again messing around with lighting and materials in 3DL in another scene redux experiment with IBL Master.  Still need to adjust a few material but loving the much quicker render times, 10 min compared to well over 2 hours when I originally rendered it with UberEnvironment.

Heh, interesting, made another big batch of dead bird in yellow curry myself for dinner, this one including celery, green onions, baby corn and daikon in the mix topped with hand chopped fresh ginger.  Tasty.  Need to keep that flu bug away.

Food sounds good, but I'm avoiding curry for a few days...

kyoto kid said:

...agh 03:17, up late (early?) again messing around with lighting and materials in 3DL in another scene redux experiment with IBL Master.  Still need to adjust a few material but loving the much quicker render times, 10 min compared to well over 2 hours when I originally rendered it with UberEnvironment.

Heh, interesting, made another big batch of dead bird in yellow curry myself for dinner, this one including celery, green onions, baby corn and daikon in the mix topped with hand chopped fresh ginger.  Tasty.  Need to keep that flu bug away.

ps1borg said:

Morning. Dentist. Two fillings. Ouch. That is my complaint nao :)

Oww oww oooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww. Very complaint-worthy! Feel better soonest!!

Up and somewhat at 'em.  Still not feeling too happy, and now muscle spasms in the neck to top it off.  Hooray for aspirin and miso soup! :-)

NVIATWAS said:

Up and somewhat at 'em.  Still not feeling too happy, and now muscle spasms in the neck to top it off.  Hooray for aspirin and miso soup! :-)

Miso souuuup!!  heart

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,189
    edited February 2018

No miso soup here. (What's a miso?) But I did bake a cake today.  Mmmm..., chocolate.  Not a usual thing for me, to bake a cake.  But I do it about once a year.  I eat the first quarter in about a day but then I get sick of it or start feeling guilty about the sugar or fat intake.  So, about the second day my intake tapers off.  About 10 days later I finally finish up the last dry stale piece and remember why I only make a cake once a year. indecision

Non-complaint:  The stars aligned.  My landlord plowed the driveway last night.  It didn't snow overnight.  The weather was sunny this morning.  The 6 inches of snow on my long idle car was still light fluffy stuff and easily removed.  I made it out in the car to do my weekly chores (prescriptions, mini-adventure lunch at Wendy's, post office, groceries).  And I got home just as the snow started coming down again.  Yea!  Another week fighting cabin fever.

Complaint:  Weather on Sunday still looks iffy.  "Wintery Mix" frown  Which means possible black ice, my nemesis.  So, it looks like no 60 mile trip to Buffalo for the symphony Sunday afternoon. sad

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

...none here either, some of the batch of homemade burrito stuffing along with whole black beans I made the other night instead.

Nice when a day comes together like that.

No miso soup here. (What's a miso?) But I did bake a cake today.  Mmmm..., chocolate.  Not a usual thing for me, to bake a cake.  But I do it about once a year.  I eat the first quarter in about a day but then I get sick of it or start feeling guilty about the sugar or fat intake.  So, about the second day my intake tapers off.  About 10 days later I finally finish up the last dry stale piece and remember why I only make a cake once a year. indecision

Non-complaint:  The stars aligned.  My landlord plowed the driveway last night.  It didn't snow overnight.  The weather was sunny this morning.  The 6 inches of snow on my long idle car was still light fluffy stuff and easily removed.  I made it out in the car to do my weekly chores (prescriptions, mini-adventure lunch at Wendy's, post office, groceries).  And I got home just as the snow started coming down again.  Yea!  Another week fighting cabin fever.

Complaint:  Weather on Sunday still looks iffy.  "Wintery Mix" frown  Which means possible black ice, my nemesis.  So, it looks like no 60 mile trip to Buffalo for the symphony Sunday afternoon. sad

a miso is a small Japanese mouse that. when drowned in hot water, produces a memorable broth.  Just ignore the squeaking...

Dinner was a nice bbq chicken thigh with crispy skin, I think I finally figured out how to get well cooked chicken and crispy skin without cremating anything.  Need to cook beef n beans tomorrow, finally have storgage containers free.  Wheeee!

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited February 2018

Will survive but ouch. Hot, humid day meh...

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

kyoto kid said:

...was up well into the early morning hours playing around with lighting and surfaces in 3DL, didn't finally doze off until almost 03:45.  Didn't wake up until almost quarter past 11:00 this morning.

Page 97

I've worked nights all my life, by choice. Even more than ten years since retiring, I still can't keep normal hours. I might adjust to days for a few, but within a week I'm back to the Vampire Life.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,276

https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-the-best-miso-soup-at-home-236341

Petercat said:

kyoto kid said:

Page 97

I've worked nights all my life, by choice. Even more than ten years since retiring, I still can't keep normal hours. I might adjust to days for a few, but within a week I'm back to the Vampire Life.

..I have a friend who partakes in the Tuesday evening RPG nights I attend who has to work nights afterwards.

...The Vampire Life Is Not For Me Complaint Thread.

4:15 am!  Time to wrap up and sleep before the Big Bright Thing ruins my life.  Hooray for insulated blackout curtains, the Bright Face can't get in.

IT BURNS! Well, without my SPF 5000 sun block...

...02:30 here.  Mostly been discussing GPUs and Cryptomining tonight.  Did take a nap a little earlier before dinner so kind of threw my sleep rhythm off.

Yeah I have thick blinds which shut out the light pretty well.

• nemesis10 said:

https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-the-best-miso-soup-at-home-236341

Thank you.  But I was fascinated by the squealing mouse recipe given earlier. devil

kyoto kid said:

...02:30 here.  Mostly been discussing GPUs and Cryptomining tonight.  Did take a nap a little earlier before dinner so kind of threw my sleep rhythm off.

Yeah I have thick blinds which shut out the light pretty well.

I've found the blinds to be a godsend.  Heat stays in, cold stays out in the Winter, Summer, heat stays out and cold stays in.  Nice.  Saves on electric.

• Arrrgh!

I took a PTO day today (scheduled it a month ago) so that I could run some errands I've been putting off and what happens? Six inches of snow so far and still coming down hard.

So not only can I not run my errands, but the office is closed anyway because none of the execs can get in, so I totally wasted a PTO day.sad

MDO2010 said:

Arrrgh!

I took a PTO day today (scheduled it a month ago) so that I could run some errands I've been putting off and what happens? Six inches of snow so far and still coming down hard.

So not only can I not run my errands, but the office is closed anyway because none of the execs can get in, so I totally wasted a PTO day.sad

That blows goats.  Very complaint-worthy. :-(

tee hee

The Blows Goats Complaint Thread

can't believe we up to page 98 and no one is trying to grab the thread 

The Bubblegum in the Grout Complaint Thread
    The Unreadable Go Ahead Complaint Thread
    The Gargle Blaster Complaint Thread
    The Slinkie won't Slink Complaint Thread

Ludicrous speed

well, i ordered the pretty 1. 8 cores. tee hee.  says it has 2 empty slots for ram. i could add 16gb to it later.
    now i gotta hope carrara isn't quirky under win10 home edition.

Mistara said:

can't believe we up to page 98 and no one is trying to grab the thread 

The Bubblegum in the Grout Complaint Thread
    The Unreadable Go Ahead Complaint Thread
    The Gargle Blaster Complaint Thread
    The Slinkie won't Slink Complaint Thread

...I put in a few a couple pages back.

...The I Keep Trying to Grab The Thread But Always "Miss It By That Much" Complaint Thread
    ...The Argleblargle Complaint Thread

..hey Kid's It's FishFry Day!

...It's also National

...day

• The Starman "Don't Panic" thread.

...The But We Lost The Core Booster Complaint Thread.

• k410k410 Posts: 75

It's threads like this that make me want to actually watch "Snakes on a Plane."

This discussion has been closed.