DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.0.18 General Release, Now Available!

Comments

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

with the update of 3Delight does this mean our old shaders will need to wait for an update ?

could someone confirm if pwSurface 2 is working, please?

Works just fine
  • bwise1701bwise1701 Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

Sorry if this was covered elsewhere, but I currently still use Studio Pro 4. If I install 4.6 will version 4.0 still be functional?

Thanks

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Ran into some errors while getting this newest version installed. Seems there was some issue with getting the themes installed? When I opened up DAZ Studio for the first time my old settings where there and all seemed just fine. THEN I had to shut down DS and install the Essentials Content. Well, that went OK but sure hope since there was no way to uninstall the old that the new overwrote stuff correctly. Letting DIM install the Genesis Starter Essentials PoserCF files as well as some other product updates.

OK... started up DS after all of it was installed and it's fine. No dup ID's when loading up Genesis. All seems fine despite the bumpy ride!

• ken_7dac5ac5a2ken_7dac5ac5a2 Posts: 54
    edited December 1969

I seem to have updated successfully, by just downloading DAZ Studio 4.6, 3D Bridge for Photoshop, and Decimator for 4.5+, then getting the rest from DIM (Genesis Starter Starter Essentials, Genesis Starter Starter Essentials PoserCF, and Subsurface Shader base). I had previously updated DIM to 1.0.1.59. I didn't manually uninstall anything nor do anything with the CMS. (I didn't do anything about GoZ, but probably would have had to download that too if I wanted it.)

Studio appears to be working _except_ most of my DUF scenes don't load correctly. They get "Some assets needed to load the file were missing". The assets are in data/auto_adapted/xxx. On my computer they are located in my Scenes directory, and they are still there. It is my understanding these are assets for Poser content. They were added automatically (as far as I can recall), and worked in DS 4.5.

I guessed that I could fix this by adding my Scenes directory under Poser Formats in the Content Directory Manager, and that appears to work. However, it would be nice to know what is the recommended way to handle this problem and what is going to happen the next time it auto adapts such content.

Thanks in advance.

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

How do I set up the Spot render to new windows?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655
    edited December 1969

Look in the Tool Settings pane with the Spot Render tool active.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,505
    edited December 1969

Select the Spot Render tool, then open your Tool Settings panel. You'll see a button to choose New Window there.

edited December 1969

bwise1701 said:
    Sorry if this was covered elsewhere, but I currently still use Studio Pro 4. If I install 4.6 will version 4.0 still be functional?

Thanks

No, or at least it's strongly recommended that you have only one version of DS4 installed (at least one 64 and one 32 bit, but I think 4.0 and 4.^ are different enough that they would clash even there).

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,298
    edited May 2013

Can someone kick the server in the backside. Up until now 5 tries to download the Genesis Starter Essentials and it keeps stopping.
    The furthest i got was about 380MB :grrr:

And now the Install Manager can't download its own update either :ahhh:

I want to cry :down:

It doesn't seem to be fixed yet. Ok, then I'll try again tomorrow... (sigh)

Update: Now it worked. Thank you, DAZ!

Post edited by caravelle on
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,269
    edited December 1969

Thanks for giving me the specs link.

Am I to understand that Daz will eventually stop supporting 32bit computers and that I will have no choice but to buy a quad core computer to run the program?

edited December 1969

CalieVee said:

Am I to understand that Daz will eventually stop supporting 32bit computers and that I will have no choice but to buy a quad core computer to run the program?

You don't need a quad core for 64 bits, at least on Windows. I ran Win 7 preview 64 on my Core 2 Duo system, with 6GB of RAM, before upgrading to this machine three years ago.

edited December 1969

bwise1701 said:

Thanks

With a different user, possibly. Otherwise no, they will conflict with each other.
    edited December 1969

bwise1701 said:

Thanks

No, or at least it's strongly recommended that you have only one version of DS4 installed (at least one 64 and one 32 bit, but I think 4.0 and 4.^ are different enough that they would clash even there).They will.

edited December 1969

CalieVee said:

Eventually stop supporting 32 bit? Possibly, but eventually can be a long way off. :) Your experience is much enhanced using 64 bit though. :)
    edited December 1969

I seem to have updated successfully, by just downloading DAZ Studio 4.6, 3D Bridge for Photoshop, and Decimator for 4.5+, then getting the rest from DIM (Genesis Starter Starter Essentials, Genesis Starter Starter Essentials PoserCF, and Subsurface Shader base). I had previously updated DIM to 1.0.1.59. I didn't manually uninstall anything nor do anything with the CMS. (I didn't do anything about GoZ, but probably would have had to download that too if I wanted it.)

Studio appears to be working _except_ most of my DUF scenes don't load correctly. They get "Some assets needed to load the file were missing". The assets are in data/auto_adapted/xxx. On my computer they are located in my Scenes directory, and they are still there. It is my understanding these are assets for Poser content. They were added automatically (as far as I can recall), and worked in DS 4.5.

I guessed that I could fix this by adding my Scenes directory under Poser Formats in the Content Directory Manager, and that appears to work. However, it would be nice to know what is the recommended way to handle this problem and what is going to happen the next time it auto adapts such content.

Thanks in advance.

Those assets are from .DAZ files, not Poser files. And those are very sensitive as to paths. Usually you can fix that by loading the original asset into a scene in 4.6, then the scene will load.
  • craypoecraypoe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I am having a problem using keystrokes like Ctrl + V for undo and the delete key to remove items from the scene. I have to use the menu and select the options. Is there some setting I have accidentally changed that would affect that?

edited December 1969

I had that problem too and it happened in between updating versions (so I have no idea why it happened). Go into your Customize... menu item, find the commands you want (both Delete and Undo should be in the Edit group), and right click in the keyboard column to set them to default (or whatever you want).

edited December 1969

And Richard, if you have a moment, could you tell me how to get searches to work again for content? That stopped working for me all of a sudden too, but nothing I've tried has fixed it. This isn't searching for metadata or anything CMS related, this is just the search box at the top of the Content Library menu. Whenever I search for anything, even when I know there's a match (like "wing" or "book"), nothing shows up.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

could you tell me how to get searches to work again for content? That stopped working for me all of a sudden too, but nothing I've tried has fixed it. This isn't searching for metadata or anything CMS related, this is just the search box at the top of the Content Library menu. Whenever I search for anything, even when I know there's a match (like "wing" or "book"), nothing shows up.

Not sure if this is it, but to the right of that search box is a dropdown that can be toggled between "database" and "file"; possibly you are searching the wrong type?
  • craypoecraypoe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you. I fixed it. I was so aggravated when I discovered that I could no longer use those keystrokes. Thanks a lot!!!!

edited December 1969

I did try that and it still doesn't work, but that's a very good idea that theoretically should have solved the problem.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    It's my understanding that search relies on the CMS to do the actual search, since whenever CMS isn't working for me, search isn't either.

It'd be interesting to find out why it doesn't work, if that's not true.

-- Morgan

• coqueyocoqueyo Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

And Richard, if you have a moment, could you tell me how to get searches to work again for content? That stopped working for me all of a sudden too, but nothing I've tried has fixed it. This isn't searching for metadata or anything CMS related, this is just the search box at the top of the Content Library menu. Whenever I search for anything, even when I know there's a match (like "wing" or "book"), nothing shows up.

There is a small button below the search field. Click and you will see an area with filtering options. Verify that at least one is checked. Maybe the problem is there. :)

SearchFilters.jpg
    1077 x 535 - 168K
  • Arcane Von OblivionArcane Von Oblivion Posts: 149
    edited December 1969

I had problems with the CMS in the last version and I ended up fixing it by erasing the data from it and then searching for the metadata, but, I don't recomend doing it untill you read the threads over and over (I'm not going to be the one that messes up your system). The fix took me months to find till I was able to get it working again. And, I believe its why alot of us were worried about updating. I backed up mine this time before I updated but didnt need to 4.6 worked fine on its own sofar (but thats one day of me testing. I did a few Subsurface tests and that works well too. Thanks Daz! And, Good luck everyone.

• ken_7dac5ac5a2ken_7dac5ac5a2 Posts: 54
    edited December 1969

Thanks in advance.

Those assets are from .DAZ files, not Poser files. And those are very sensitive as to paths. Usually you can fix that by loading the original asset into a scene in 4.6, then the scene will load.
    OK. However, it is nice (for any application) if files from a previous version open in the new version. This isn't happening here. Some of these files were created a while ago, and trying to determine what assets were used and where they are located could take a while and should not be necessary.

I am unclear about what are the rules for auto_adapted.

1. What determines the directory where they are created. In my case I have a directory named Scenes. Scenes/data/auto_adapted is a sub directory, and also Scenes/Studio4 (which also contains .DAZ files). The DUF files I am using are in Scenes/Studio4. Why is it creating the the files in Scenes, and where is it going to create them with Studio 4.6?

2. I thought these files were needed because Studio needs an assets folder for content. Since Poser content doesn't have one, this is what Studio creates. Scenes with just DAZ content don't seem to have content in an auto_adapted folder, and, in fact, the corresponding .DUF files for these loaded Ok in Studio 4.6. Presumably they are created when.DAZ files are converted. I don't use .DAZ files any more for scenes, just .DUF, which is what DAZ wants AFAICT. (I do have old .DAZ files that I didn't convert yet, though.) It is reasonable to expect the existing .DUF files to load properly in Studio 4.6.

3. What is different about Studio 4.6 that the auto_adapted folder for these scenes is not found?

4. Again, what is the suggested way to handle these scenes in Studio 4.6 and what will happen if I convert another .DAZ file?

Thanks.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know what file(s) the categorized content would fall under. I want to copy it before I install 4.6 just in case.

• DecoyboyDecoyboy Posts: 490
    edited May 2013

Did someone say this 4.6 loads faster and smoother???? It now takes forever to load a figure or saved scene on my system. 4.5 loaded really fast for me, and now 4.6 is at a near dead crawl.

Post edited by Decoyboy on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Does anyone know what file(s) the categorized content would fall under. I want to copy it before I install 4.6 just in case.

You mean the files in Genesis Starter Essentials that you might want to categorize yourself? They'd be under Shader Presets/Omnifreaker and Light Presets/Omnifreaker. The only other changes are to the Genesis Data files (no change to the user-facing files) and to the metadata.

• islandgurl31islandgurl31 Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

I think he is asking where the location is for the Categorization is so that he can back it up before he installs the lastest release of DAZ Studio :-). I usually just back up everything just in case...so I have no clue what I need to backup to keep my categorization intact. Hopefully that is what he is asking :-).

Ledhead said:

You mean the files in Genesis Starter Essentials that you might want to categorize yourself? They'd be under Shader Presets/Omnifreaker and Light Presets/Omnifreaker. The only other changes are to the Genesis Data files (no change to the user-facing files) and to the metadata.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If you Export User Data it puts the info in files named UserData_1.dsx (and _2 if needed, etc.) in the Runtime:Support folder