DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.0.18 General Release, Now Available!

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    A new FREE Subsurface Shader [Base] has been added to DAZ Studio 4.6, as a separate download. If you have already downloaded DAZ Studio 4.5, it should have been added to your account.
    The PDF usage guide that goes along with that is golden. I've paid good money for less useful tutorials, and that was just skimming it.

Thanks very much!

The inevitable question...can I use DIM to install this update?

-- Morgan

Not the main app, but the plugins that come with it, Genesis Starter Essentials, and the Subsurface Shader.

...so we need to DL and reinstall the GSEs again? Just looked in my Product Library and the version listed is 1.13, is that the newest then?

That will have to wait until I can get to the Hostpot tomorrow as a 430M file would take nearly a day with my slow connection from home.

1.13 is the latest. It's not crucial -- there are features added to the Genesis data files, but not having it won't break anything else. My old scenes seem to work fine.
    ...I wonder if it will fix my basic Genesis as for some reason it currently loads with the YT Julie body shape (not sure what I did wrong).

edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    It's called content hoarding! Took me 20 minutes on my new 32G workstation! Anyhoo I have been Luxrendering for over a year ran this quick 10 minute render one free UE light gotta say I do see an improvement to 3Delight...

...it now supports SSS. There's even a free set of basic Sub Surface shaders included. Can't wait.
  • TralenTralen Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...I wonder if it will fix my basic Genesis as for some reason it currently loads with the YT Julie body shape (not sure what I did wrong).

You probably used "Save Modified Assets" after changing something silly in that morph, like the limits or colors. If the morph was at value 1 when you saved, it will always load at 1 when you load Genesis. Change some detail in the morphs parameter, set its value to 0, and then use "Save Modified Assets" again.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Hi, i'm in the process of downloading 4.6Pro and included with the downloads are DAZ Studio 4.5.1.56 Advanced ( inactive ) and DAZ Studio 4.5.1.56 ( inactive ). I guess I am wondering why? Do I need to do anything with them or just uninstall my 4.5.2.40 and install the new 4.6? Thanks
    4.5.2.40 will be automatically uninstalled as part of the 4.6 install, so it is even simpler. :)

okay thanks, so I don't need to download the "( Inactive )" versions for anything?As near as I can tell, those just show up to confuse you. :) I'll have someone look into that.

That's about the only thing in this thread that makes sense.

My questions;

What does the splash screen look like? And if it's that yucky monster thing ... how would one change it. I'm serious.

If first question gets a passing answer, on W7 64bit: Do I stop CMS from running, then simply run the installer for 4.6 and it'll take care of everything?

Then I just run the new content installer and it'll overwrite what it needs to and otherwise take care of everything?

Then I need to go and re-download all the old plugins [hopefully updated] to run them again to install into 4.6?

Why is my gut reaction "no don't do this".

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Hi, i'm in the process of downloading 4.6Pro and included with the downloads are DAZ Studio 4.5.1.56 Advanced ( inactive ) and DAZ Studio 4.5.1.56 ( inactive ). I guess I am wondering why? Do I need to do anything with them or just uninstall my 4.5.2.40 and install the new 4.6? Thanks
    4.5.2.40 will be automatically uninstalled as part of the 4.6 install, so it is even simpler. :)

okay thanks, so I don't need to download the "( Inactive )" versions for anything?

As near as I can tell, those just show up to confuse you. :) I'll have someone look into that.

My questions;

What does the splash screen look like? And if it's that yucky monster thing ... how would one change it. I'm serious.

If first question gets a passing answer, on W7 64bit: Do I stop CMS from running, then simply run the installer for 4.6 and it'll take care of everything?

Then I just run the new content installer and it'll overwrite what it needs to and otherwise take care of everything?

Then I need to go and re-download all the old plugins [hopefully updated] to run them again to install into 4.6?

No, you can't change the splash screen.
    No you dont' need to stop CMS from running, you just run the installer.
    You can either run the new content installer or use Install Manager to handle that for you.
    You can download the new installers for the DAZ3D Plug-ins, the others don't need an update. (Or you can let Install manager handle this.)
    No clue why that is your gut reaction. Considering the number of fixes and new features, in 4.6, if it is just the splash screen holding you back...

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

okay thanks, so I don't need to download the "( Inactive )" versions for anything?

As near as I can tell, those just show up to confuse you. :) I'll have someone look into that.

My questions;

You can either run the new content installer or use Install Manager to handle that for you.
    You can download the new installers for the DAZ3D Plug-ins, the others don't need an update. (Or you can let Install manager handle this.)
    No clue why that is your gut reaction. Considering the number of fixes and new features, in 4.6, if it is just the splash screen holding you back...

Bingo! Fix it.

edited December 1969

Tralen said:
    Tralen said:
    I am getting constant crashes when using the property editor, this did not happen before. If I create a new property and try to link it to something, I crash.

Could you please give an example.

I already did, see if that makes you crash: create a new property on genesis, try to link it to another property or transform, I always crash, if not on the first link, on the second or third.I am going to need a bug report on this please. Please open a request in our help center.

edited December 1969

Bingo! Fix it.

Fix what?
  • TralenTralen Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Tralen said:
    Tralen said:
    I am getting constant crashes when using the property editor, this did not happen before. If I create a new property and try to link it to something, I crash.

I already did, see if that makes you crash: create a new property on genesis, try to link it to another property or transform, I always crash, if not on the first link, on the second or third.I am going to need a bug report on this please. Please open a request in our help center.

Ok, it is opened. I managed to revert the bug by downgrading Genesis Starter Essentials back to 1.11. Downgrading only Studio didn't solve it and I even had to delete the morphs that were left over from the Genesis 1.13 installation.

• edited December 1969

Just installed 4.6. I was hoping it would fix my CMS problems on my new Imac ( 10.8.3 ) but it still does not work for me. In another thread I was assisted by Totte and he had me try a bunch of stuff including starting and stopping the CMS and also changing a line in the "Daz Content Management Service.ini" file to a "verboseLevel=2" but neither of the solved the problem and after that I was left hanging. Anyone else here know why I can't use my CMS? I sure would love to access the animations that I don't seem to be able to see in my Content Library. Thanks.

edited May 2013

Tralen said:
    Tralen said:
    Tralen said:

I already did, see if that makes you crash: create a new property on genesis, try to link it to another property or transform, I always crash, if not on the first link, on the second or third.

I am going to need a bug report on this please. Please open a request in our help center.

Ok, it is opened. I managed to revert the bug by downgrading Genesis Starter Essentials back to 1.11. Downgrading only Studio didn't solve it and I even had to delete the morphs that were left over from the Genesis 1.13 installation.Thanks. Note I beleive it is not DAZ Studio 4.6, in this case but the change to Genesis. For your use you should be able to use 4.6 without updating the content, while we dig into this. Sorry about that.

Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
    edited December 1969

Tralen said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

You probably used "Save Modified Assets" after changing something silly in that morph, like the limits or colors. If the morph was at value 1 when you saved, it will always load at 1 when you load Genesis. Change some detail in the morphs parameter, set its value to 0, and then use "Save Modified Assets" again.
    ...thanks. For the time being I have just been zeroing all morphs.

I wonder if I can save the Julie version under a different name as a different Genesis base like "Genesis Teen Girl" so I have a ready made teen figure before resetting whatever morph parameter caused this. As I recall it was something that had to go below 0.0 for a specific adjustment I needed for when I just saved the character and loaded it later, the morph slider was back to 0 again and the adjustment returned to the default.

edited December 1969

My questions;

... I heard there is some sort of script that allows one to change the splash screen for Poser Pro 2010/2012, so it must be doable for 4.6 as well. I want my lovely "Smiling Vicky" (from 2.0) back.

edited December 1969

Tralen said:
    Tralen said:
    Tralen said:

I already did, see if that makes you crash: create a new property on genesis, try to link it to another property or transform, I always crash, if not on the first link, on the second or third.

I am going to need a bug report on this please. Please open a request in our help center.

Ok, it is opened. I managed to revert the bug by downgrading Genesis Starter Essentials back to 1.11. Downgrading only Studio didn't solve it and I even had to delete the morphs that were left over from the Genesis 1.13 installation.Thanks. Note I beleive it is not DAZ Studio 4.6, in this case but the change to Genesis. For your use you should be able to use 4.6 without updating the content, while we dig into this. Sorry about that.
    ...just DL'd the Essentials Update, thanks for mentioning this. I won't install them then.

edited December 1969

Just installed 4.6. I was hoping it would fix my CMS problems on my new Imac ( 10.8.3 ) but it still does not work for me. In another thread I was assisted by Totte and he had me try a bunch of stuff including starting and stopping the CMS and also changing a line in the "Daz Content Management Service.ini" file to a "verboseLevel=2" but neither of the solved the problem and after that I was left hanging. Anyone else here know why I can't use my CMS? I sure would love to access the animations that I don't seem to be able to see in my Content Library. Thanks.
    Most likely issue is a corrupt database.

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/22523891-Trouble-shooting-the-Smart-Content-Pane though, when you get down to the removing database portion, I recommend, instead of deleting moving. That way if it wasn't the database you can put it back.

edited May 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    Tralen said:

Ok, it is opened. I managed to revert the bug by downgrading Genesis Starter Essentials back to 1.11. Downgrading only Studio didn't solve it and I even had to delete the morphs that were left over from the Genesis 1.13 installation.

Thanks. Note I beleive it is not DAZ Studio 4.6, in this case but the change to Genesis. For your use you should be able to use 4.6 without updating the content, while we dig into this. Sorry about that.

...just DL'd the Essentials Update, thanks for mentioning this. I won't install them then. Only a problem if you are using the Property editor with it. And the other updates in Genesis Starter Essentials makes the new shader work correctly.
    Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Tralen said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

I wonder if I can save the Julie version under a different name as a different Genesis base like "Genesis Teen Girl" so I have a ready made teen figure before resetting whatever morph parameter caused this. As I recall it was something that had to go below 0.0 for a specific adjustment I needed for when I just saved the character and loaded it later, the morph slider was back to 0 again and the adjustment returned to the default.

A character preset should store changes that haven't been saved to the basic assets, including memorising the figure's morphs and altering settings - that's why if you load the Julie .duf file, change it, and use the restore command you get julie and not the base Genesis

edited December 1969

...the SSS Shader correct?

Never yet got to playing around with the Property Editor as there are so many new things to lean/relearn since ver. 1.7. Feel like I am starting all over again.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Tralen said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

A character preset should store changes that haven't been saved to the basic assets, including memorising the figure's morphs and altering settings - that's why if you load the Julie .duf file, change it, and use the restore command you get julie and not the base Genesis
    ...I believe I saved an parameter change somewhere along the line when I was creating my Leela character. Needed the slider to go below 0.0. When I just saved the character the minimum value defaulted to 0 again changing the morph I needed. Earlier I successfully saved the parameter settings for a couple Gen4 character morphs I brought over via GenX and they didn't affect the base Genesis that loaded at all. I'll have to go in and find which morph that was reset it and restore Genesis again.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...the SSS Shader correct?
    Yes
    edited December 1969

...Thanks. Probably won't get to using the Property Editor before there is a fix update anyway. SSS is a lot more important.

• edited December 1969

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/22523891-Trouble-shooting-the-Smart-Content-Pane though, when you get down to the removing database portion, I recommend, instead of deleting moving. That way if it wasn't the database you can put it back.

Thanks Spooky...I just tried all that ( for the second time actually ) and still it didn't get my CMS working :-S

edited December 1969

Thanks Spooky...I just tried all that ( for the second time actually ) and still it didn't get my CMS working :-SCan I get you to file a bug report on that, so we can get a better look at it, please.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Tralen said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...I believe I saved an parameter change somewhere along the line when I was creating my Leela character. Needed the slider to go below 0.0. When I just saved the character the minimum value defaulted to 0 again changing the morph I needed. Earlier I successfully saved the parameter settings for a couple Gen4 character morphs I brought over via GenX and they didn't affect the base Genesis that loaded at all. I'll have to go in and find which morph that was reset it and restore Genesis again.

I just tried it, with the Basic Female morph set to -1, and that loaded back in with the morph set as saved.

• edited December 1969

Thanks Spooky...I just tried all that ( for the second time actually ) and still it didn't get my CMS working :-SCan I get you to file a bug report on that, so we can get a better look at it, please.

I'd be happy to if you can tell me how. thanks again.

edited May 2013

...not sure why it didn't when I tried it. Ah well, once I get the General release of 4.6 and Essentials Update installed, I'll go in and fix this.

Still need to save the Teen version (including a boy version) as a separate Genesis base so I have a good starting point when I need to do other teen/young adult characters.

On another topic, I notice there is a Decimator 4.5+ file included. As I remember I actually need to purchase this to get the SN to activate it, correct?

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Thanks Spooky...I just tried all that ( for the second time actually ) and still it didn't get my CMS working :-S

Can I get you to file a bug report on that, so we can get a better look at it, please.

I'd be happy to if you can tell me how. thanks again.Just go to the contact us link at the bottom of the page and submit a ticket.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...not sure why it didn't when I tried it. Ah well, once I get the General release of 4.6 and Essentials Update installed, I'll go in and fix this.

Still need to save the Teen version (including a boy version) as a separate Genesis base so I have a good starting point when I need to do other teen/young adult characters.

On another topic, I notice there is a Decimator 4.5+ file included. As I remember I actually need to purchase this to get the SN to activate it, correct?

Correct, unless you purchased DAZ Studio 4 Pro. That is part of the confusion we are getting cleared up right now, in fact, you shouldn't see it in your product library in about 5 minutes to cut down on the confusion. :)
    edited December 1969

...thanks. Didn't DL that. Now it still can be purchased on it's own If I decide I need it later, correct?

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...thanks. Didn't DL that. Now it still can be purchased on it's own If I decide I need it later, correct?
    Correct