The No Complaint too Trivial Complaint Thread

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    Tjohn said:

https://www.daz3d.com/izzy-for-genesis-8-female

Bit of gender confusion there (read Details).

I must have missed something, because it all reads correctly to me.  They must have fixed it before I got here.

Dana

For us it will start to snow around 12:30 am Thursday morning, and will continue until 8:30 pm.  My area is supposed to get 10 to 14 inches, or more or less depending on the track the Nor'Easter takes.

Dana

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514

...no snow here but there is a high wind warning for gusts of 75 - 90 mph in the Columbia Gorge.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666

Wow, windy day in Oregon.  I thought only the coastal areas see high winds.

Its cold outside.  Now the clouds have moved in.  I was enjoying the sunshine around lunch time. lol

...during winter we get strong east winds as frigid air in the high desert (as cold as the single digits to below 0 F) is drawn westward through the gorge by the warmer air in the Willamette Valley and coast.  Usually here in Portland the east burbs get the worst of the wind however along some major east - west thoroughfare corridors (like I-84, Sandy Blvd, Bunrside St, and SE Powell Blvd) strong gusty winds can reach into the inner neighbourhoods.  With more tall high rises in the city centre, winds are also magnified as they are deflected down towards the streets and funneled between buildings. The worst is the corner of W Burnside and SW 5th by the 536' tall Bankcorp Tower (locally referred to as "Big Pink" because of the rose tinted glass) where even on a reasonably calm day, it can be blustery.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Morning. All quiet here and warm under a big bright blue cloudless sky that seems to go forever :)

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,139
    edited January 2018

Non-complaint:  Well, I didn't keel over next to my car.  Eventually got the 20 inches of snow off (thankful that it's been so cold that the snow was still light and fluffy and not heavy & soggy. or ice!).  Exhaust fumes still come into the car when it's sitting still when the heater & fan are turned on.  But I drove with the windows partially down to minimize that danger.  In my exhaustion and relief to get the car mobile again I forgot to bring out my laundry, and despite loading all my garbage into the car's trunk (where it joined my pre-Christmas garbage), I arrived at the garbage transfer station (i.e. "dump") to find that it was again Wednesday and the station wasn't open. frown However, I did get my prescription, I had lunch at Wendy's (wanderlust scratched), I picked up my mail.  I got my essential groceries.  And I got my car parked back into it's slot in the snowbank.  Yea! smiley Totally exhausted, but relieved that I can almost enjoy being snowbound again for another week or so, starting tomorrow. indecision

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

...but you need to be able to get out on a different day than Wednesday or the car will be smelling rather "ripe" with all the rubbish in the boot if it sits there too long.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    Mistara said:

blizzard warning

sky dump imminent.

ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 10 INCHES ARE EXPECTED, WITH HIGHER AMOUNTS IN EXCESS OF ONE FOOT POSSIBLE.

snowmagedon

I swear to cow, it better not do that on my birthday. I do not want to be trapped in my house on that day. I want to go out and do stuff.

We can have snowmaggedon the day after, I've decided.

If it snows on my birthday I would have a major fit and probably think we are heading towards an ice age.  Well it is not normal to snow mid April in North Carolina.

edited January 2018

...I remember having it snow as late as mid May in Milwaukee.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    kyoto kid said:

Okay reminds me of a joke which I will embellish and name the dude Jake and make it take place in Wisconsin.

Jake grew up hearing stories of when both his father and grandfather on their 21rst birthday walking across the lake near his grandfather's home and drinking their first legal beer.  He decided that he will try on his 21rst birthday.  On that day he went out on the lake to get his first legal beer.  He almost drowned though.  He went to his Dad and grandpa and asked how did they not drown when crossing the lake. His grandpa exclaimed what were you thinking?  His Dad said son it is July.  Both my dad and I have January birthdays.  The lake was frozen on our birthdays.

kyoto kid said:

Okay reminds me of a joke which I will embellish and name the dude Jake and make it take place in Wisconsin.

Jake grew up hearing stories of when both his father and grandfather on their 21rst birthday walking across the lake near his grandfather's home and drinking their first legal beer.  He decided that he will try on his 21rst birthday.  On that day he went out on the lake to get his first legal beer.  He almost drowned though.  He went to his Dad and grandpa and asked how did they not drown when crossing the lake. His grandpa exclaimed what were you thinking?  His Dad said son it is July.  Both my dad and I have January birthdays.  The lake was frozen on our birthdays.

As Hank Hill would say, "The boy's not right!"   laugh

Dana

• kyoto kid said:

...but you need to be able to get out on a different day than Wednesday or the car will be smelling rather "ripe" with all the rubbish in the boot if it sits there too long.

But as the Australians might say:  "Oy, mait.  No woorries!  I havta droive with the winda down anywais."

My DIM is stuck on uninstalling CMS and I do not see any way to cancel it.

• FyredrygyonFyredrygyon Posts: 763
    edited January 2018

More complaint about the heater at the office.  Two of our guys decided to go up to the roof the check on the heater unit and found that the pilot light was staying lit for only a couple of seconds before shutting off.  And there was a serious amount of rust in the unit.  When the heater guys finally arrived, they got it working but discovered a crack in the line.  Which tested positive for allowing carbon monoxide into the building so now we can't use the heater at all.  There's a work order to get the unit replace but no telling how long that will take.

Though, now that the heater is off and not blowing cold air into the building, the office did feel a little warmer than yesterday.

Post edited by Fyredrygyon on

More complaint about the heater at the office.  Two of our guys decided to go up to the roof the check on the heater unit and found that the pilot light was staying lit for only a couple of seconds before shutting off.  And there was a serious amount of rust in the unit.  When the heater guys finally arrived, they got it working but discovered a crack in the line.  Which tested positive for allowing carbon monoxide into the building so now we can't use the heater at all.  There's a work order to get the unit replace but no telling how long that will take.

Though, now that the heater is off and not blowing cold air into the building, the office did feel a little warmer than yesterday.

I am posting to give you a big hug.  I feel like you need a big hug to cheer you up.

• NVIATWASNVIATWAS Posts: 1,242
    kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:

I just finished the Dr Who 2017 Christmas special.  Brilliant as usual.  And finally the new Doctor is a woman!! About farking time I say. No reason regeneration couldn't end you up female.  Can't wait to see more of the new Doctor!!! Good times.  I might binge on Dr Who instead of cooking show for a bit.  Yes, I am a Whovian and have been since I saw it on PBS in Marylans, holy carp, over 12 years ago.  Lord I'm an old wanker...

...Romana II was also a time lord.

Now that you mention it, I do recall that.  Lalla Ward or some such.  Didn't she end up marrying Tom Baker, or have I gone senile?

...nah you're OK, She was marred to Baker from 1980 - 1982.  After that she remarried in 1992 to Evolutionary Biologist and outspoken atheist, Richard Dawkins. (currently separated on "amicable terms").

I had no idea!  Thanks for the info, I just never lookeed it up!!

DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:

Brrrr, 37f outside and overcast.  Cold all the way to Friday when it goes back up into the mid 50's.  Awaiting the final grocery delivery of the year, olive oil, salsa, and a few snacks.  Diet sode in the fridge all chilled, beer nice and cold, found my bottle opener too.

2017 was an ok year, didn't suck nearly as bad as 2016 did despite all the medical issues.  Come on 2018!

You still compaining about your toasty warm weather?  laugh​  12:40 am here right now and it's......  -4F.  That's not the wind chill, that's the actual temperature!  I don't want to know what it will be around 4:00 am!

Happy New Year, everyone!  Don't know if it will be better for me or not.   frown

Dana

The cold only lasted a few days.  Itkll freeze tonight, then it's mid-50f's and back into the 60f's this weekend.

It snow a couple of days ago and some roads got closed for a bit.  I didn't notice because I've changed phase - sleep all day, up all night.  I'll have to change back next week.  Feh.

Mistara said:

Complaint: My car.

hibernating til spring?

I've been waiting for a break in the cold & snow.  I get as far as getting my little porch swept off but then I'm exhausted.  So, I chicken out and go back inside. frown

Snow blows.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

My DIM is stuck on uninstalling CMS and I do not see any way to cancel it.

in the old days, 3 finger salute woulda unstuck it.

these days would worry about corrupting registry

eeeek

2:00 PM

THU

Snow Showers/Wind 25°

60%

74% NNW 34 mph

busses already canceled for tomorrow.

snowed in be more fin with agatha christie movie marathon.  she liked mysteries on trains.

willis hd the willyless kskskskee (ernie laugh)

sigh  outta my favorite tea.  only green tea pomagranate left. 

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

Supposed to get down to 18 tonight before cold stuff moves north.
    You guys can have it.
    Replaced the last LED bulb with a hoarded incandescent today. Winter is officially here.

i reset my alarm clock for 9am.  no bus, no point wakin up at 5.30amdevil

I need to do what I want and need to do.  I wanted to watch Netflix but I felt like I was not able to because that might offend someone.  I am so afraid of offending someone that I do not do anything.   I want to be what I feel.  I know I am OCD.  I wonder if I am a neat freak but my ADD and my fear of offending someone and probably something else is stoping me from showing my true self.  I want my content folder to be organized but I have too much stuff for me to figure out in one day.  Sometimes I feel like if I cannot finish something in one day to a proper level I should not try.  I think I have this feeling that I need to finish everything I start in one day.  I have not done anything tonight other than getting my external HDD set up it feels like.  It might appear that I have done nothing this evening to others.  I need to learn how to stop letting others be my judge when they are not in my position to be my judge.  They are not my judge.   I need to be fearless and do what I need to do without fear of failure or what other people think.   I know if I do nothing, nobody will be happy, but if I do something I might prove them wrong that I am nobody who can do nothing.

I need to clear off my bed and get ready for sleep.  I should not have had that coffee this afternoon but saying that is not helpful.  I need to learn my lesson about drinking coffee late in the afternoon and not do it.  That is easier said that done.   I need to figure out how to put things said into action.  I want to be a PA but I am not.  I want to be a real neat freak instead of someone who gets stressed out and frets and be anxious because nothing seems to be in order.  That is it.  I am anxious all the time because I cannot manifest my neat freakness in a timely fashion.  I need to learn that getting all the ducks in an order take time.  

I need to do a real project plan or whatever it is called like New Year's resolutions.  Now to figure out where to put my new year resolutions so I can write them out.  Hmmm, to think of them.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    Mistara said:

eeeek

THU

Snow Showers/Wind 25°

60%

74% NNW 34 mph

105 forecast here the next 48 hours :)

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,139
    edited January 2018
    Petercat said:

Supposed to get down to 18 tonight before cold stuff moves north.
    You guys can have it.
    Replaced the last LED bulb with a hoarded incandescent today. Winter is officially here.

Ah, winter.  Interesting to note that when LED traffic lights first came out they discovered that in the north they don't generate enough heat to melt the snow from them. surprise They had to be replaced with models that had electric heaters built-in.  I'm curious about how well electric cars stay warm in the winter without a hot engine to tap the heat from.  And what it does to your battery mileage. indecision  Perhaps they could install little gas heaters in the cabins! devil (Oh, the irony.)

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    ps1borg said:
    Mistara said:

eeeek

THU

Snow Showers/Wind 25°

60%

74% NNW 34 mph

105 forecast here the next 48 hours :)

105F, fainting just thinking about it  

crazy bluejay flying around in this wind.

heard it sqwauking, hit my window. no squawk after it hit.

went outside but didnt see it. dang is cold.

does anyone make heated birdhouses for crazy bluejays?

This discussion has been closed.