The No Complaint too Trivial Complaint Thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575

...yes

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702

It looks like it is time to do errands so playing with the 3D model of a banana in the kitchen scene has to wait.  Time to sing the laptop a lullaby (aka close the lid so it will go to sleep or hibernate or whatever)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

,no energy to dismantle christmas tree >.<

Mistara said:

You are not the only one.  I have a table top fake tree which is still up.  My mum has a real table top tree which is still up.

edited January 2018

...I still have a fair amount of the items from the storage unit to unpack, but ribs are still too sore to lift or move anything heavy, so playing the lazy game for a little while longer. Got the most important items out though (all my kitchen stuff) so I'm good for now.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited January 2018
    Mistara said:

I lived with my wealthy aunt for a few years when I was first "semi-retired" (over 50 and unemployed).  She was alone in the big family home after my uncle died and her kids had gone away.  I had a room in the basement and a child's twin bed.  I repaid my lodging with work as chauffer and did the outdoor chores around the house, lawn, landscaping, cleanup after hurricanes, basic repairs, and lugging things.  She always had a huge Christmas tree and would never consider downsizing.  So every year I had to dig out the big box with the artificial tree, carry (drag) it up from the basement, unpack all the limbs, fluff them out, and assemble this 8 foot monster, then decorate it while she was omnipresent to quickly point out where the special ornaments were supposed to be placed when I put one in a wrong spot, and how exactly the lights and garlands should be strung.  I hated it.  I absolutley hated it.  Then there was the big Christmas dinner when all the far flung family would swoop down on the house and bring with them bazillions of gifts that their lucrative careers permitted them and bury the bottom third of the tree with piles of gratuitous gifting.  Then the day comes and everybody tears open their prizes feigns gratitude, gobbles up the food and vanishes.  Then of course when the season was over I had to bag up all the discarded wrappings, pack away all those lights and ornaments, unfluff the branches in just in the right way, pack all the branches back into the box exactly the way she wanted (she hung over me like a vulture ready to point out an error), drag the tree box and box of lights & ornaments back down into the basement and pack them back into the corner of the closet down there.  I hated it.  I absolutely hated it.  Christmas, Bah! Humbug!  Since leaving her house I haven't done squat for Christmas for 10 years and don't miss it.  I have zero decorations and I don't give gifts to anybody over 12 and I don't expect gifts from anybody.  It's taken 10 years to get my point across to the rest of the family and they finally leave me in peace on that day.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    kyoto kid said:
    nicstt said:
    kyoto kid said:

...and people here say baseball is too slow.

No idea, but Cricket is slow and dull.

...MLB has actually been making moves to "speed up" the game here like eliminating intentional walks and giving pitchers less time to warm up when there is a pitching change because of the complaints.  This nation is just one lot of impatient people I guess.  They'd probably liken cricket to watching paint dry (which really makes me wonder about the fascination with golf which is much slower than baseball or watching cars go around in circles for several hours)

I never liked cricket, even as a kid when we had to play it; but I certainly wouldn't claim its the only dull sport out there.

edited January 2018

I tried to get serious about scholastic philosophy.  But eventually I read enough conflicting gobbledegook to give them as much credence as blind men describing an elephant.  I think it was Sartre's word-game tome  "Being and Nothingness" that found a way to convince me that they hadn't a clue to the whole beast.  I have since pulled from here and there and made up my own mind. 

edited January 2018

watched all 3 ip man movies.

bavkdrop of wwii.

conditions were heartbreaking,

based on true story, ipman was a teacher to bruce lee

3rd movie had mike tyson in it.

Post edited by Mistara on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    Mistara said:

Worn out from shredding last year’s paperwork, just thinking about 2017 is exhausting :0

I tried to get serious about scholastic philosophy.  But eventually I read enough conflicting gobbledegook to give them as much credence as blind men describing an elephant.  I think it was Sartre's word-game tome  "Being and Nothingness" that found a way to convince me that they hadn't a clue.  I have since pulled from here and there and made up my own mind. 

Bernard Williams Truth And Truthfulness might be an antidote to all that, is possibly just unpopular enough to leave many cheap paperback editions in second hand bookshops :)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Williams

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    nicstt said:
    kyoto kid said:
    nicstt said:
    kyoto kid said:

...and people here say baseball is too slow.

No idea, but Cricket is slow and dull.

...MLB has actually been making moves to "speed up" the game here like eliminating intentional walks and giving pitchers less time to warm up when there is a pitching change because of the complaints.  This nation is just one lot of impatient people I guess.  They'd probably liken cricket to watching paint dry (which really makes me wonder about the fascination with golf which is much slower than baseball or watching cars go around in circles for several hours)

I never liked cricket, even as a kid when we had to play it; but I certainly wouldn't claim its the only dull sport out there.

I always thought intentional walks were wrong.  Not because they waste time, though.

Dana

Mistara said:

You are not the only one.  I have a table top fake tree which is still up.  My mum has a real table top tree which is still up.

Still going with our mini tree ;)

• FyredrygyonFyredrygyon Posts: 763
    edited January 2018

South Texas got hit with a cold snap this weekend, with the first real hard freeze in a long time.  It was 35 degrees when I went into work this morning, bundled up with my two layers of coats and gloves.  I was expecting a somewhat heated building to work in.

The temp inside the office was 55 degrees when I got in at 8 am.  By the time we got off work at 5, it had managed to get up to 66.  The heater is set to 75.  It was very cold all day.  I huddled over my little floor heater in my hoodie and scarf and cried everytime I had to go to the frigid fridge we call the Ladies restroom.  We got a ticket into facility to come out and inspect the heater but we're not the only office with a non-functional heater.  The office of the warehouse, for example, was 36 degrees at 7 am.

Though, Hubby had it pretty bad too.  His office doesn't even have heaters.  At least his area of the building is right smack dab in the middle, away from any windows.

Post edited by Fyredrygyon on
    edited January 2018
    ps1borg said:

I tried to get serious about scholastic philosophy.  But eventually I read enough conflicting gobbledegook to give them as much credence as blind men describing an elephant.  I think it was Sartre's word-game tome  "Being and Nothingness" that found a way to convince me that they hadn't a clue.  I have since pulled from here and there and made up my own mind. 

Bernard Williams Truth And Truthfulness might be an antidote to all that, is possibly just unpopular enough to leave many cheap paperback editions in second hand bookshops :)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Williams

I think I could like him. surprise  From my brief perusal of that article it seems as if he could have said something akin to what Mozart said in the film version of "Amedeus" about the characters of other composers operas.  "Which one of you would rather listen to your hairdresser than Hercules, or Horatius or Orpheus?  People so lofty they sound as if they shit marble." devillaugh

South Texas got hit with a cold snap this weekend, with the first real hard freeze in a long time.  It was 35 degrees when I went into work this morning, bundled up with my two layers of coats and gloves.  I was expecting a somewhat heated building to work in.

The temp inside the office was 55 degrees when I got in at 8 am.  By the time we got off work at 5, it had managed to get up to 66.  The heater is set to 75.  It was very cold all day.  I huddled over my little floor heater in my hoodie and scarf and cried everytime I had to go to the frigid fridge we call the Ladies restroom.  We got a ticket into facility to come out and inspect the heater but we're not the only office with a non-functional heater.  The office of the warehouse, for example, was 36 degrees at 7 am.

Though, Hubby had it pretty bad too.  His office doesn't even have heaters.  At least his area of the building is right smack dab in the middle, away from any windows.

Heading toward 110 later this week but right now is cool enough to sit in some direct sunlight for a while :)

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

Paid an extra $20.00 for antifreeze when I had my water pump replaced in November.
    Went out to check it with a tester, just to be sure.
    Pure water. Couldn't find drain, undid radiator hose.
    Hate mechanics.
    (There is a special place in Hell for wrench jockeys who overtighten oil filters.)

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391

Going to share some drawings I did recently~

Though this last one was something I got for my birthday from an artist I really like :3

She's been doing this series of drawings of the monster hunter critters in cardboard boxes and they've been very popular,  and she drew my lucent nargacuga "Ghost" in one too and it was cute~

basilbday_smol.jpg
    1440 x 900 - 142K
    miralis-ala.jpg
    1440 x 810 - 135K
    1509767790.raethalis_jungle_scene.jpg
    1440 x 810 - 154K
    ghost-inna-box.jpg
    1280 x 1280 - 164K
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited January 2018

Also got this from another artist, and it's perhaps one of my favorite pics of Ghost ever;  he just looks so handsome and cool here  and that glowly eye <3

Spooking a little velociprey (The raptor thing) by popping out of invisibility mode and going raaaaw into his face, just a prank though~

Nargacugga-fin.jpg
    2406 x 1362 - 2M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Famous Welsh road sign:

Actual translation reads, "I'm not in the office at the moment. Send any work to be translated."

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2018

Famous Welsh road sign:

Actual translation reads, "I'm not in the office at the moment. Send any work to be translated."

After hitting the headlines it then looked like this

Post edited by Chohole on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010

https://www.daz3d.com/izzy-for-genesis-8-female

Bit of gender confusion there (read Details).

edited January 2018

Complaint:  It's official.    Yes, we have no Farenheits, we have no Farenheits today. indecision

Kennedy0F.JPG
    630 x 243 - 18K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

we have reported this.   Thanks Tjohn

Tjohn said:

https://www.daz3d.com/izzy-for-genesis-8-female

Bit of gender confusion there (read Details).

I do not see anything odd.

Chohole said:

we have reported this.   Thanks Tjohn

that explained it.

blizzard warning

sky dump imminent.

ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 10 INCHES ARE EXPECTED, WITH HIGHER AMOUNTS IN EXCESS OF ONE FOOT POSSIBLE.

snowmagedon

• Mistara said:

blizzard warning

sky dump imminent.

ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 10 INCHES ARE EXPECTED, WITH HIGHER AMOUNTS IN EXCESS OF ONE FOOT POSSIBLE.

snowmagedon

I swear to cow, it better not do that on my birthday. I do not want to be trapped in my house on that day. I want to go out and do stuff.

We can have snowmaggedon the day after, I've decided.

edited January 2018

Temperature here is now up to a balmy 18F and it's not snowing, in fact it's bright and sunny.  I have to steel myself and go clean off the car and get uptown today.  Weather turns bad again tomorrow and I have prescriptions to pick up, laundry to do, groceries to buy, mail to pickup, garbage to dispose of and wanderlust to itch.

If you don't hear from me again by tonight I've dropped dead next to my half unshoveled car and will be buried in the snow tomorrow. indecision

• Hard drive finally got here but I'm rendering and can't turn the computer off.

This discussion has been closed.