Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2018 CLOSED

Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,009
edited January 2021 in Art Studio

This years challenge I'm calling "SHAPE UP."  

Each month has a different "SHAPE" to it.  The shapes should prove a good test of our 3D creating skills.  It will be interesting to see how everyone interprets them into 3D.  ENJOY!

(to view the 2013 renders please visit… http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/27391/ )
(to view the 2014 renders please visit… http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/33447/ )
(to view the 2015 renders please visit… http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/50455/ )
(to view the 2016 renders please visit… http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/68350/ )
(to view the 2017 renders please visit… https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/137066/ )

There are only 2 rules…
ONLY 1 RENDER ALLOWED per PER PERSON per month (NOTE:  If you would like to do 2 renders per month... you can also post your second one on the PFDLives Thread in my corner.... Here is the linky... http://pfdlives.com/pfd/index.php?topic=8311.0)
and...
(edit... this is only a suggestion) IT MUST BE A COMPLETELY “NEW” RENDER specifically for this challenge!!!

p.s… to keep the thread from getting too long... no WIPs please… THANK YOU!

ANY 3D program can be used!  ALL are welcome to join the challenge!

Here’s the list.. HAVE FUN!!!

JAN = CROSS
FEB = SQUARE
MAR = CIRCLE
APR = TRIANGLE
MAY = RECTANGLE
JUNE = PIE
JULY = ARROW
AUG = STAR
SEPT = DIAMOND
OCT = HEART
NOV = OCTAGON (8 sides)
DEC = CRESCENT (MOON)

As per previous years... I will also be doing a photography challenge with my husband, a friend and his daughter... using the same shapes... FUN FUN FUN :)  Anyone that enjoys Photography is welcome to join us.  We post our photos on FLICKER.  https://www.flickr.com/groups/12ayear/discuss/72157676681368406/

To give folks a flavour of the original photo challenge that sparked off this thread please take a look at the photographic thread at http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/a-father-vs-daughter-12-for-2013-challenge.457147/

Post edited by Llola Lane on

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942

*camps out with popcorn* Ready and raring to go!

• ChameoChameo Posts: 306
    edited December 2017

*adds a carafe of freshly made coffee - and sets up a full coffee cart to share* Hey, we need high-quality fuel for all those late-night rendering sessions, right?

(Met my own end-of-year challenge, too... all year long, I been opening Hexagon, looking at the interface and closing it again. I promised myself I was going to end this year with at least ONE completed project... voila, coffee mug!)

bringing the coffee.jpg
    1600 x 1143 - 384K
    Post edited by Chameo on
    edited December 2017
    Chameo said:

*adds a carafe of freshly made coffee - and sets up a full coffee cart to share* Hey, we need high-quality fuel for all those late-night rendering sessions, right?

(Met my own end-of-year challenge, too... all year long, I been opening Hexagon, looking at the interface and closing it again. I promised myself I was going to end this year with at least ONE completed project... voila, coffee mug!)

Gotta have cake with coffee ...

Samedi.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by SimonJM on
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,009
    edited January 2018

DELETE's wine and cheese.... and saves a spot for CROSS!!!

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Bookmarked!

edited December 2017

Oh my... now you two are messing up the thread... coffee... cake... I think we are ready... LOL.  Thanks for the snacks whilst we wait for the new year to be upon us.  Oh.. we need something to toast in the new year.. sooo....

How about some wine and cheese?

Wine, yesh shuuuure lesh have sime wine ...

Samedi wine.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 3M
    Post edited by SimonJM on

OMG.. Simon.. we are gonna have to clean up this thread once the new year is upon us... LOL

Welcome the the challenge .Chameo...    Hope you can join us!  I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

ok.. from this line on... Let's stick to topic... SHAPE UP only... January = CROSS..... Here we gooooo!!!

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited January 2018

Cross

000 0 0118.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 605K
    Post edited by bigh on
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

I seem to have missed last year's december, but I fully intend to participate in the new year if you'll have me :)

Now let's see if something crosses my mind before people get cross with me ;)

bigh said:

Cross

Awesome render (as always) bigh.... Great art to start the new year.. and this challenge.. Thanks for sharing! 

mori_mann said:

I seem to have missed last year's december, but I fully intend to participate in the new year if you'll have me :)

Now let's see if something crosses my mind before people get cross with me ;)

December went by fast Mori... glad you are gonna join us for 2018... you have 31 (erm... 30?)  Days left... lol

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478

Very nice bigh, a plus for good rendering.

• xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited January 2018

Great image bigh as elephant are thought to be able to feel grief.

Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on

thank you all !

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478
    edited January 2018

New Year Resolution, No more New Year's Eve Parties

New Year Resolution No More New Years eve Parties.png
    1024 x 896 - 1M
    Post edited by deeleelaw57 on

took me a while to get it wink

New Year Resolution, No more New Year's Eve Parties

Haa.. I love it... way to think outside the box Dee...(winks)  ;)  Thanks for starting the year off with a laugh!

edited January 2018

For those of you that would like to follow along... I've posted my CROSS at the PFDLives forum... Here's the linky... http://pfdlives.com/pfd/index.php?topic=8311.msg135551#msg135551 Not sure if you will be able to see it or if you have to sign up first... Someone let me know please :) 

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

For those of you that would like to follow along... I've posted my CROSS at the PFDLives forum... Here's the linky... http://pfdlives.com/pfd/index.php?topic=8311.msg135551#msg135551 Not sure if you will be able to see it or if you have to sign up first... Someone let me know please :) 

I couldn't see the page without registering. Not an issue for me, as I was planning on registering anyway. But it looks like you won't be able to share with anyone who isn't logged in.

Also, I have to wait for my registration to be approved before I can log in and see the page. Being a holiday, that will probably be tomorrow. Just a tiny hiccup.

L'Adair said:

I couldn't see the page without registering. Not an issue for me, as I was planning on registering anyway. But it looks like you won't be able to share with anyone who isn't logged in.

Also, I have to wait for my registration to be approved before I can log in and see the page. Being a holiday, that will probably be tomorrow. Just a tiny hiccup.

Thanks L'Adair... yes.. and Dark Angel lives somewhere over seas... I think England or Australia... I forget... I'm gonna have to see if she can make me an administrator... Please be patient... she knows some people may be following me there and she'll approve ya ;)  Happy New Year btw.. :)

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited January 2018
    L'Adair said:

Thanks L'Adair... yes.. and Dark Angel lives somewhere over seas... I think England or Australia... I forget... I'm gonna have to see if she can make me an administrator... Please be patient... she knows some people may be following me there and she'll approve ya ;)  Happy New Year btw.. :)

She approved me almost three hours ago, I see from the email. I was in the other room with hubby, watching an oldie but goodie movie, Kindergarten Cop. I'll be checking out the new thread momentarily.

ETA: I love your cross picture. I, too, bought the morphing primitives and then didn't use them for some time.

(I actually used them to create small cups and the ketchup in them for the Priorities image I entered in the Raining Men contest. Not that they were very apparent in the image..)

Post edited by L'Adair on
    L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:

She approved me almost three hours ago, I see from the email. I was in the other room with hubby, watching an oldie but goodie movie, Kindergarten Cop. I'll be checking out the new thread momentarily.

ETA: I love your cross picture. I, too, bought the morphing primitives and then didn't use them for some time.

(I actually used them to create small cups and the ketchup in them for the Priorities image I entered in the Raining Men contest. Not that they were very apparent in the image..)

Yayyy... we'll chat over there on your welcome thread... Don't wanna bore the others here with out chit chat... LOL.  Sorry gang.. Back on topic now ;)  Happy New Year!!!

L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:

I think I must have typo-ed my email address - still waiting (over a week now) for approval crying

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    SimonJM said:
    L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:

I think I must have typo-ed my email address - still waiting (over a week now) for approval crying

I just asked over in the January Show-Off thread if someone with authority could check on your request.  Don't know how to proceed if you did make a mistake on your email address.  Maybe if someone answers me, I can help.

Dana

SimonJM said:
    L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:

hum.. DA told me she approved 2 people, Simon.. I know L'Adair is there now... Can you resubmit?

SimonJM said:
    L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:

hum.. DA told me she approved 2 people, Simon.. I know L'Adair is there now... Can you resubmit?

DanaTA said:
    SimonJM said:
    L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:

I just asked over in the January Show-Off thread if someone with authority could check on your request.  Don't know how to proceed if you did make a mistake on your email address.  Maybe if someone answers me, I can help.

Dana

Thanks both - I'll try again and hope they can nuke the old name and allow a rename of the new one ... :)

SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:
    L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:

DanaTA said:
    SimonJM said:
    L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:

Dana

Thanks both - I'll try again and hope they can nuke the old name and allow a rename of the new one ... :)

fingers crossed.... and waits for news

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063

SimonJM, it was suggested that if you try to log in with your username and password, you might get in.  Then you could change your email address in your profile, I assume.

Dana