Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2018 CLOSED

Comments

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Here is my render for this month, yeah I know it is the more traditional one of the cross but it is all I have.

Titled: An Elvan Crossed

Oooo.. .that is lovely Saphire... I don't think I have that church... I love the gothic look.. but not too big.  (thumbs up)  Great lighting too.. Thanks for sharing :)

Thank you so much Llola!!

Well done Saphirewild. I think this is more than enough. I count no less than ten crosses.

Thank you so much Dee, I didnt even know I had that many in the render!!laugh

bigh said:

good one

Thank you BIgh!

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,063

Ok Gang.. I know January is a looooooooong month... but.... time to git renderin' if you've been procrastinating.  The month is more than half over... only 10ish more days!!!  lol.... Keep warm!

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,796
    edited January 2018

my render is cooking right now, the question is how long it will take...

done cooking:

somewhere in the deep bamboo-forest you can find this place, a golden pagoda at the center of a cross shaped place where nothing ever grows

Iray with gimp

this was some experiment, for one with ultrascatter and then with marshians above the fog, both used for the first time in a published render

The_golden_Pagoda.png
    1500 x 1500 - 6M
    Post edited by Linwelly on
    Linwelly said:

my render is cooking right now, the question is how long it will take...

done cooking:

somewhere in the deep bamboo-forest you can find this place, a golden pagoda at the center of a cross shaped place where nothing ever grows

Iray with gimp

this was some experiment, for one with ultrascatter and then with marshians above the fog, both used for the first time in a published render

YAY.. wow.. that's a wonderful take on our cross theme Linwelly... Thanks oodles for sharing!

btw.. what is 'ultrascatter'?

Thank you so much Llola!

Ultrascatter best explained in the produc desription, I think: https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascatter-advanced-instancing-for-daz-studio

Very usefull when you need tons of the same thing in one scene without killing your GC by memory overflow

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

Linwelly, is that one of the bamboo products over at Renderosity?  I've got one of them in my wishlist there.

Dana

Linwelly said:

Thank you so much Llola!

Ultrascatter best explained in the produc desription, I think: https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascatter-advanced-instancing-for-daz-studio

Very usefull when you need tons of the same thing in one scene without killing your GC by memory overflow

ah.. it's instancing... yes.. i've used instancing before.. Not heard of the Ultrascatter product... Can't afford it now... I'll have to play more with instancing... Thanks for reminding me about it :) 

DanaTA said:

Linwelly, is that one of the bamboo products over at Renderosity?  I've got one of them in my wishlist there.

Dana

I think I have those Dana... I remember buying a bamboo product... hum... guess I better get using it too... lol

edited January 2018
    DanaTA said:

Dana

No its the bamboo megapack by esha https://www.daz3d.com/bamboo-megapack, its pre-iray but translates flawleslywithout any adaptions from my side into Iray

for the instance I used just one "bamboo-tree", but there are multiple others

Post edited by Linwelly on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147

very nice render

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478

Great render Linwelly and thanks for the Ultrascatter info.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    Linwelly said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

No its the bamboo megapack by esha https://www.daz3d.com/bamboo-megapack, its pre-iray but translates flawleslywithout any adaptions from my side into Iray

for the instance I used just one "bamboo-tree", but there are multiple others

Thanks for the reply!

Dana

• Great render!

Thanks a lot everybody and welcome

What an amazing render Linwelly, I just love the bamboo!!!

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

And this is my go ...

o cool a flare

bigh said:

o cool a flare

The wonders of Octane laugh

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

@nattaruk, The lighting is really good in your pirate scene. I love how there are pirates between the light and the camera, as well as on the other side of the table. It has a dark-character feel to it. I can well imagine a double-cross is in their future.

@Saphirewild, Nothing wrong with "traditional." I like the addition of an elf. I don't believe that chapel has a single 90-degree angle anywhere, and the element of magic the elf represents makes all those not-straight lines seem natural! Good choice. Well done.

@Linwelly, Very lovely. The fog is subtle, yet it makes a big difference, adding to the mystery of both the pagoda and the "cross". Kudos. 

@SimonJM, I really like the sun-flare. I feel like I need sunglasses to be looking at that plane. It's nice that the glare creates a cross, but I also noticed the crosses on each wing tip. Good job.

I think I may have gotten a bit too ambitious with my scene, but I'm not giving up. With a bit of luck, I'll be able to post two images, one here and one over at PFDLives.

Very nice work @SimonJM straight forward scene where the sunflare makes all the difference, brilliant!

Thanks a lot L'Adair and Saphirewild

L'Adair said:

@nattaruk, The lighting is really good in your pirate scene. I love how there are pirates between the light and the camera, as well as on the other side of the table. It has a dark-character feel to it. I can well imagine a double-cross is in their future.

@Saphirewild, Nothing wrong with "traditional." I like the addition of an elf. I don't believe that chapel has a single 90-degree angle anywhere, and the element of magic the elf represents makes all those not-straight lines seem natural! Good choice. Well done.

@Linwelly, Very lovely. The fog is subtle, yet it makes a big difference, adding to the mystery of both the pagoda and the "cross". Kudos. 

@SimonJM, I really like the sun-flare. I feel like I need sunglasses to be looking at that plane. It's nice that the glare creates a cross, but I also noticed the crosses on each wing tip. Good job.

I think I may have gotten a bit too ambitious with my scene, but I'm not giving up. With a bit of luck, I'll be able to post two images, one here and one over at PFDLives.

Thanks so much L'adair means a lot to me!!

Very well done Simon I see so many crosses in that render!!!

SimonJM said:

And this is my go ...

oh WOW Simon... (flinches her eyes)  BRIGHT LIGHT!!!   Excellent crosses in that scene...  Simple yet gets the point aCROSS... git it?  LOL  Thanks for sharing here and at PFDLives forum.

L'Adair said:

Don't give up L'Adair    You still have time ;) 

L'Adair said:

Octane allows you to control the glare to a large degree, down to how mnay blades and rotation, so went for four to get anotehr cross (teh overall cruciform of the Fw-220 being one, and the emblems on the wings another).

I'd loan you soem CPU/GPU powewr if I could, tp help out!

Linwelly said:

Very nice work @SimonJM straight forward scene where the sunflare makes all the difference, brilliant!

Thanks, it took a bit of messing about to get the flares where and how I wanted - nott that I really knew what I wanted until after almost endless fiddling I ended up with something I liked!

SimonJM said:

And this is my go ...

oh WOW Simon... (flinches her eyes)  BRIGHT LIGHT!!!   Excellent crosses in that scene...  Simple yet gets the point aCROSS... git it?  LOL  Thanks for sharing here and at PFDLives forum.

I should be cross at you for such a bad pun! cheeky

I agree with everyone on the sun flare. I also like how well the sky and plane colors work together, Well done SimonJM.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you...

Mr. and Mrs. BobbleHead

Mr. & Mrs. BobbleHead, by L'Adair

(Like all my images, best viewed full-size, which you can do from the gallery page here.)

L'Adair said:

Mr. and Mrs. BobbleHead

(Like all my images, best viewed full-size, which you can do from the gallery page here.)

oh.. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.... L'Adair   ... Well worth the wait indeed.  ;)  Thanks for sharing.  (mutters to herself... should have thought of that... grrr)  I used to be a wedding photographer... duhh... and I took photos like that of the bride and groom with the cake!  Such a great idea!!!!

to cute yes

This gets a chuckle and applause. Very nice L'Adair

edited January 2018
    L'Adair said:

Mr. and Mrs. BobbleHead

oh.. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.... L'Adair   ... Well worth the wait indeed.  ;)  Thanks for sharing.  (mutters to herself... should have thought of that... grrr)  I used to be a wedding photographer... duhh... and I took photos like that of the bride and groom with the cake!  Such a great idea!!!!

Thank you. It all started with the "cross." I had just seen one of these cross cake toppers when visiting some friends at the end of December, and then you announced the themes! So of course, nothing else came to mind. I'm glad you like it.

Thank you both, @bigh and @deeleelaw57. blush

Post edited by L'Adair on