Hexagon BETA - version 2.5.2.109!

Comments

• m_m_italy said:
    m_m_italy said:

sad Help....

Grazie

The install path for Hexagon in IM is wrong. You have DAZ3DIM1, it should be Hexagon. Uninstall Hexagon and reinstall. DIM should find the right path automatically afterwards for the content.

Grazie

sad......

You are trying to install the Beta Content and the installed Hexagon doesn't look like the Beta. They should both be the same.

Do I have to uninstall Hexagon 2.5.1.79?
    Thanks for help

• m_m_italy said:
    m_m_italy said:
    m_m_italy said:

sad Help....

Grazie

The install path for Hexagon in IM is wrong. You have DAZ3DIM1, it should be Hexagon. Uninstall Hexagon and reinstall. DIM should find the right path automatically afterwards for the content.

Grazie

sad......

You are trying to install the Beta Content and the installed Hexagon doesn't look like the Beta. They should both be the same.

Do I have to uninstall Hexagon 2.5.1.79?
    Thanks for help

Yes, uninstall 2.5.1.79 and install the Beta version instead. The Beta Content should then install.

• Thank you.

• m_m_italy said:

sad Help....

Grazie

That happened to me too. I went back to my filter list and checked on all the categories. Then DIM was able to find the Hexagon beta app instead of only its contents file. It'd be nice if DAZ3D would provide correct install instructions.
  • th3Digit said:

I looked at Hexagon a bit and was disappointed to find it has no lathe tool like Carrara, I know Blender and other modelers do not either but since both are from the same family I wonder how hard it would be to code one in?

I still need to get used to Hexagon's UI a bit but at least it does not freeze and crash like before so I may actually learn it.

When you get a chance, turn on the Dynamic Geometry and play with that a bit. You will see the "lathe" is there.
  • kenmokenmo Posts: 895
    edited December 2017

Looks good so far....Working on this space cargo ship / freighter...

Post edited by Chohole on
  • kenmokenmo Posts: 895

Thanks DAZ for this, it's gonna be my best Christmas gift this year (unless someone gives me a new 5 speed transmission for my '60 Corvette)... :-)

• Kenmo that is an awesome spaceship.  I'm very new to 3d modeling and want to create 3d ships so that I can describe them better for my sci-fi stories and maby make short movies in daz.  I was wondering if you know of any specific tutorials that can help me make something as cool as your ship?  Also, and forgive me if this sounds like a dumb question, but If you wanted to make the interior would that be a seperate model or could you do it all in one model?

Also I'm not sure what the terminology is, but once you are done modeling how do you paint it?

Thanks for taking the time to read my comment.  I appreciate any advice you have to offer.

All the best,

David

• m_m_italy said:

sad Help....

Grazie

That happened to me too. I went back to my filter list and checked on all the categories. Then DIM was able to find the Hexagon beta app instead of only its contents file. It'd be nice if DAZ3D would provide correct install instructions.

yes

Grazie

• A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 198
    So this beta is for current bug stability issue fixes not for feature addons? I have 2.5 the current stable version 2.5.2 is not stable on my old p4 32bit. was hoping we could get non destructive boolean ops but my current version tho a lil buggy is still enuff to keep me happy.
  • A3DLover, I'm working on the Beta version now, it seems to be more stable - it has been tweaked here and there but no new features yet. Going by what I have read else where they are making it 64bit, but they keeping quiet about other features.  

• Is there a way to migrate my key-shortcuts and preferences to the Beta? I heavily customize the interface.  I'm usin the Mac version on High Sierra OS. 

Also, I noticed this part of the interface is missing (attached). Normally I find these tools when I choose Normal from the windows menu. I use these tools quite a bit, so I hope the plan is not to remove them. 

Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 4.15.25 PM.png
    383 x 50 - 18K
  • Is there a way to migrate my key-shortcuts and preferences to the Beta? I heavily customize the interface.  I'm usin the Mac version on High Sierra OS. 

Also, I noticed this part of the interface is missing (attached). Normally I find these tools when I choose Normal from the windows menu. I use these tools quite a bit, so I hope the plan is not to remove them. 

I believe they've been moved elsewhere, but I don't know exactly where offhand.

• 2.5.X uses a different menu for those features now.

Thanks do you know where? 

• The type tool in Hexagon works well on the PC, but not as it should on the Mac. I hope they fix that.   BTW, the Decimate utility causes a crash on this type of object— probably because of it's complexity and use of ngons. 

Screen Shot 2017-12-25 at 12.46.00 PM.png
    657 x 500 - 44K
  • The type tool in Hexagon works well on the PC, but not as it should on the Mac. I hope they fix that.   BTW, the Decimate utility causes a crash on this type of object— probably because of it's complexity and use of ngons.

Please open support tickets for these.

Thanks do you know where? 

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/218386/beta-where-did-these-options-go#latest

• I can't tell you how pleased I am to see Hexagon once again recieving the love it deserves. So many 3D sculpting programs are either obscenely expensive (Lightwave, Maya, etc) or suffer from a user interface that drives me up a wall (I'm looking right at you, Blender!). Hexagon was my first experience with 3D modeling, and even after trying some other programs, it's still my go-to for sculpting. Hope to see some more tutorials for Hexagon in the future.

• OMG Yes Yes Yes

• I am so glad that Hexagon has come back! For a free to use software for beginners and the seasoned 3D modeler I cant wait to see what has been improved. I hope it may have some of the features and usabilty like some of the High End software packages out there like 3DS Max, Maya, Lightwave, and others. With those before mentioned software titles comes a High End price tag  $1000 - $3500+ price tag wich puts it way out of the reach of most people. Some really good and great potential  3D modelers are lost due to the cost of those titles, way to go DAZ3D please do us proud! 

Where is that "Kudos" button when you need it?

On a more personal note; I know I have been waiting a long time for DAZ to do something to improve upon Hexagon. It is finally going to happen and I am 100% looking forward to it!

• I'm Happy that DAZ has taken over this fantastic modeler. This historical piece of modeling could not be allowed to die.
    Thank you

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

At last I've had Hexagon on my screen for more than 10 miutes without a crash. I'm now running through a few tutorials and am happy to have another option to Blender (which I also enjoy). It will be so good to be able to use the bridge at last - that will make it much more convenient than Blender which requires a tiresome process of export/import/Morph-Loader. 

I'm not far into the tutorials yet (by the way, many of the links in the Hexagon Tutorials sticky post at the top of this sub-forum are dead) but can someone confirm whether it is required to set the mesh to base resolution before using the bridge?

• Not sure if its a must, but I've never changed the base resolution. But, nornmally I'm just making morphs for my own props.

Changing the base resolution with help if you have a slow machine.

I agree about the tutorials, we have asked that the dead ones be removed.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

Taken over? They've had it for the last ten years.

• Tried Hexagon Beta on 3 different machines now and no crashes so far - even with simple models.

Brilliant to have this back - I paid for Hex 2.5 - do I need to keep it on my computers to keep access to the Beta or whatever version comes after the Beta program?

Please open support tickets for these.

I only see one way to report, via teh Contact Us Help Support area. Is that the best way to report Hexagon problems? 

• That's the one MaxHancock. Choose Technical Support in the "Contact Department" drop down box, it is a fairly painless process :)

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

Oh dear - just when I thought it was safe to use Hexagon ....

Capture.JPG
    479 x 277 - 28K
  • DAZ/Hexagon Team

I never forgot about you or your product that was just so perfect. I was quite upset when the updates stopped. Something told me to go back to Hexagon today. Thank you for returning with new future plans. I look forward to working with your team and your software. Much love, and please don't let us down.

Thanks

Adam :)