DAZ Studio Pro, Version 4.5.1.56, is Now Available!

1789101113»

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited April 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    WARNING: general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(1907): Empty absolutePath passed to DzContentMgr::getRelativePath()

...which to me sounds like it has something to do with the CMS.

This apparently occurs right after I change from the Posing/Shaping to Surfacing/Rendering tabs

Could do, it's how DS gets the relative path ("/Runtime/Textures/Somefile") from an absolute path ("C:/Users/Me/Documents/Runtime/Textures/Somefile").

0(29) : warning C7050: "rgb" might be used before being initialized
    Shader Program successfully linked.

Harmless - everyone gets that.

While not sure if this relates, to anything there are also multiple warnings related to Genesis that relate to SMay's Stalker Girl and Mavka (example):

WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4962): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Expressions/PHMScream.dsf#PHMScream?value in file : /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/smay/StalkerGirl/MCMSGScream.dsf

Just means there's an ERC link from a morph you have to one you don't (Sin this case presumably talker Girl has a correction morph for the Scream morph from Evolution expressions, and you don't have those). DS will simply ignore it, which is why it's a warning and not an error.

In the error log it specified in a number of locations:

C:\Windows\system32\nvoglv64.DLL

Why would a 64 bit OS still use a system32 (32 bit) DLL call?

That's a component of the nVidia driver, and despite its location note that the file name ends in 64. That does suggest that video is implicated.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

Gary_P said:
    I have some icons in the content that have an ! near them. It says they are empty or can not find the content. Is this a bug or did I miss an install?
    I installed everything including the 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.11_trx, but it seems I have missing content. I can post a pic if that will help.

Also I'm watching the videos trying to learn how to link to my DS3 content. Actor Genisis is one, JS Pants is another, Shirt is another.

It looks really nice.

Sorry, I've been away for a while. We finally moved to South Carolina.

Was this your first 4.5 install after a 4.0 version? Those sound like leftovers from the DS4.0 version. In the Content Library tab use the options menu (the rectangle with horizontal lines in the upper corner) > Content DB Maintenance > Remove Orphaned File References

• edited December 1969

Do I need to close DS4 then reopen it? It seemed to do nothing. Under People I have Genesis with a !
    And is DS supposed to open with a textured model or a gray one? I haven't played DAZ Studio in almost a year. This is really cool.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Gary_P said:
    Do I need to close DS4 then reopen it? It seemed to do nothing. Under People I have Genesis with a !
    And is DS supposed to open with a textured model or a gray one? I haven't played DAZ Studio in almost a year. This is really cool.

grey ... unless you set the preferences to open with another scene at start

• edited December 1969

Then I'll go in manually and remove them if I don't need them.

• ShimuzuShimuzu Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Finally got round to updating to 4.5.1.56 - couple of things. Reality 2.0 now doesn't show in the Render Menu (though I can bring it up via hotkeys), and also more importantly I can't pan my camera. Usually I hold down alt and shift to pan, but it's just not happening. Anyone else having this problem? I use this all the time, so it's a major hassle.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Window>Workspace<>Customise will allow you to add Reality to the render menu (fin it on he left, open Main Menus in the menu tab on the right, then render, then darg the command from left to the menu) and to check the viewport navigation modifiers and change them if need be (at te bottom of the dialogue).

• ShimuzuShimuzu Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks Richard - had never explored that part of DS before - works a treat.

;)

• KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
    edited April 2013

Never mind, I figure it out.

Post edited by KimberSue on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

...just ran into the "Disappearing Cursor" issue.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Disappearing cursor - mouse pointer going poof?

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/14562/P315/#292934

On my PC when pointer goes “poof”, I manouver (invisible) it to “Viewport options” top right hand corner of viewport and left click, it re-apears.
    edited December 1969

..thanks. This is the first time since i had 4.5 on either my old 32 bit system of the new workstation that this has occurred.

edited May 2013

...well, tonight I've had 4.5 freeze up five times with a Windows "Not Responding" error in less than an hour while in the surfacing tab using the Fabricator (the Silkessence expansion which I've applied in other scenes with no issues) on Sickle Yield's Classy Swimwear. I never had this kind of rubbish occur with this frequency until tonight. This content accepts other fabricator textures (even freebie ones) so I don't see why there would be a conflict with any of the plugin's expansions.

The scene has one figure, no props, no background and using the default preview lights and the last time it happened the application froze at 500MB memory usage.

I have no other processes running other than those that are part of the OS
    The system has no other applications such as Office Productivity software or Games to vie for processor/memory resources
    Memory and CPU load in Task Manager are minimal
    My GPU drivers are fully updated (OpenGL 4.3)
    I have 1G GDDR5 on th GPU
    I have 12G 1333 Tri Channel RAM
    My CPU is using all eight threads to run 4.5

This is extremely frustrating considering I spent eighteen months of research and nearly 1,200$ (on a very tight budget) to purchase the components to build this system only to feel like I'm back on the old 32 bit rig.

-----

Update: I even uninstalled and reinstalled the Silkessence expansion and Classy Swimwear and it hung up in a loop again. The odd (and annoying) thing is I used this just earlier today on other clothing content and it worked fine.

I also tested the Silkessence expansion with other clothing and it applied the texture fine with no hangup.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Edd_ weavo-1Edd_ weavo-1 Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

STILL getting the "Error running c:\Program Files\DAZ 3d\DAZStudio4/dzcoreutil.exe : child killed: unknown signal. What does this mean?

Trying to install latest version, on HP xw6400 Workstation, Win 7 Ult with VCRuntimes all updated to the latest version. So don't understand why it's not installing....

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2013

weavo said:
    STILL getting the "Error running c:\Program Files\DAZ 3d\DAZStudio4/dzcoreutil.exe : child killed: unknown signal. What does this mean?

Trying to install latest version, on HP xw6400 Workstation, Win 7 Ult with VCRuntimes all updated to the latest version. So don't understand why it's not installing....

Hmm, it's quite a while since I have seen this error being queried AFAICR The child killed error can be caused by a couple of things. One is a conflict with some AV programs, can't remember off hand which one, and the other is a missing .dll in the visual C++

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Edd_ weavo-1Edd_ weavo-1 Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

Tried with MSE AV (Microsoft security essentials) off still get same error, what VC ++ dll do I need and where do I get it from in order to get this to work?

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

will 4.5.1.56 be the stable release for a while yet?

i'm installing this w/e, but will hold off if the next release is coming out soon.

Thanks! :)

• Drew ZantiDrew Zanti Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

will 4.5.1.56 be the stable release for a while yet?

i'm installing this w/e, but will hold off if the next release is coming out soon.

Thanks! :)

with the new and changed beta features getting fixes quite quickly in the bug reports I don't think this will be around long, probably be other betas before a stable release

edited December 1969

v4.5 wants to uninstall 4.0? can't i have both installed? what about co-existing with D3A?

i was thinking about putting my old Vista 32-bit away in the closet, next to the Pentium4, pentium2, 486/66, 386.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

DS 4.5 won't co-exist with DS4, but is quite happy co-habiting with DS 3.

edited May 2013

ahh. okay thanks! that's one decision dilemma solved.

adios DS4.0, it was nice knowing ya.

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    DS 4.5 won't co-exist with DS4, but is quite happy co-habiting with DS 3.

...and even 2.3. I had all three installed on my 32 bit system as some older content shaders didn't work well in 3 or 4.5.
    edited May 2013

i managed to invoke a fatal error in 3delight.dll, but it kept on rendering.

sayscrashbutstllrendering.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 449K
    Post edited by Mistara on