DAZ Studio Pro, Version 4.5.1.56, is Now Available!

Comments

• YofielYofiel Posts: 204
    edited December 1969

Thank you, I understand. I'm discovering also the old problem that soft-body physics can't be applied to rigged figures, only props. Do I export figures as obj and import as prop in Daz, same as in Poser also? A number of different Python scriptsw have been written to automate that rather dumb process--is there something similar to expedite conversion of cloth from conforming to dynamic in DS4?

• BTLProdBTLProd Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

emeyer said:
    Thank you, I understand. I'm discovering also the old problem that soft-body physics can't be applied to rigged figures, only props. Do I export figures as obj and import as prop in Daz, same as in Poser also? A number of different Python scriptsw have been written to automate that rather dumb process--is there something similar to expedite conversion of cloth from conforming to dynamic in DS4?
    DAZ Studio Dynamic Cloth is rigged. However it can only be created with a pair of special tools, one of them being Optitex, which is a Professional Level Clothing design software package.
    edited December 1969

Well, it's impressive how much faster actrive content loads, especially if it has morphs, and Genesis provides compatiblity with gen3 and gen4 models.

However, file format compatibility beyond 3DS-level properties remains an issue, even with Daz's own product, Carrara?

edited December 1969

And thank you, I understand now there's advantages in better zone control from rigging for dynamic cloth, but on the other hand, there's advantages to basing cloth sones on shaders, as it supports arbitrary placement of rigid and choreographed objexcts, such as for instance buttons and straps; and also, soft-body simulation of other types of cloth besides clothing, such as curtains, flags, folded towels, flying carpets, etc

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

How to get the Bryce and Hexagon bridges working:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10508/

edited December 1969

Well, I'm grateful for the Daz Studio install manager. It downloaded most of the V3 and V4 content which I had purchased and put it in one folder. Big improvement )

• MarcosDKMarcosDK Posts: 120
    edited December 1969

DIM warns DazStudio updates? It would be nice.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

dkmarcos said:
    DIM warns DazStudio updates? It would be nice.

No, at this time it monitors only content for Poser and DAZ Studio, not content fro other applications (such as Carrara) and not plugins, shaders or base applications.

• hzrhzr Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

Nice to see you fixed the LOD script. Now please make the body parts selectable with the manipulative tools when you select a LOD level other than base? ;)

• MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 466
    edited December 1969

I'm having problems with this version. There's a bug. The mouse pointer continues to disappear, and the scenes jerk around, causing the arrow to skip from one transition to another. Just crazy behavior. This was happening on a previous version, like - back in the early 4.0 version and now, it's back again.

I was in the middle of a bookcover as well. I don't want to jump into Poser to finish it, the lighting is different and it takes me too long to get things working right in there.

Ugggh...

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Do you have a Wacom tablet?
    It was/is the tablet that is invoking that behaviour for me.
    Sorry, I am still working with 4.5.1.6, because I am in the middle of something ...

• MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 466
    edited December 1969

No I don't - but I wish I'd stayed there until I finished what I was doing. And I can't go back because then I wouldn't be able to open the characters I've made in this verison. Oh well, I'll have to close it when it starts and reopen it until I get done. I'm saving all the way, so long as I do, I can close it and reopen.

Cheers

• MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459
    edited December 1969

A couple challenges with this update- negative scaling not working and (seemingly) longer render times.
    • I went from 4.5.1.6 to 4.5.1.56
    • Mac Os 10.6.8 Intel Core 2 Duo 32 bit

In the previous version (4.5.1.6) I could use negative scaling on an object (with a point light inside) so that it appeared to glow from the inside and now this doesn't work. Also it seems the render times (default settings) have gotten twice as long.

I couldn't find much at all on the web with other people having this trouble (some here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/11839/) and I couldn't find a bug report here: https://bugs.daz3d.com/view_all_bug_page.php

Is there a work around within DS for negative scaling? If not I'll go ahead and report it. This image shows previous renders on top when the effect was working.

Thanks for lending an ear.

negative_scaling_comparison.png
    562 x 420 - 303K
    edited December 1969

The workaround would be to use a shader with Translucence, such as uberSurface.

• MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459
    edited December 1969

Thanks Richard! The Mystical Touch staffs are the solution then- They have UberSurface shader effects that I can study and duplicate for my own props. And WOW- there's 50ish sliders/settings/maps to learn for UberSurface- lots of control there, very good.
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

marshian said:

Thanks Richard! The Mystical Touch staffs are the solution then- They have UberSurface shader effects that I can study and duplicate for my own props. And WOW- there's 50ish sliders/settings/maps to learn for UberSurface- lots of control there, very good.

I sent you an email, but the gist of it is...the negative scaling was 'incorrect' behavior...the current way is 'correct'. It was switched to fix a different bug...one that had much more of an impact and was very commonly encountered (black surfaces showing up in normal renders).

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969

I have had the mouse pointer issue happen as well

• edited December 1969

Essential plugins no longer working. I cannot work with Daz Studio without them:
    MorphTools.dll
    http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=2832240#2832240
    and:
    injectpmd_x32.dll
    http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=72737

But they do not load anymore with this update. Is there some workaround???
    I'm rather sure they worked with the previous 4.5. Is somebody working on this (like changing the DLL's to work with the new interface or Daz supporting the old interface as fallback)?

And my 4.5 crashes on rendering, but since I don't render in daz that's no problem for me.

edited December 1969

InjectPMD has not worked in any version of 4.5 and barely worked in 4.0 (there was a beta that worked in the very first version of 4.0).

There is a java based PMD tool that does work, as it works on the original file and with the OS, not any particular program...

MorphExchange v0.6b Windows

http://www.kuroyumes-developmentzone.com/poser/freebies/

It works in Windows, OSX and Linux.

What does MorphTools do that isn't included in DS4.5? (at least for DS native content...no, the tools don't exist in DS4.5 to do those things to a cr2)

All the functions of MorphTools are there for creating DS native content.

And sorry, but creating Poser native (cr2/pp2) based content is NOT the primary direction in DS4.5. Also, it's not the most efficient at doing so, anyway.

• edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:

What does MorphTools do that isn't included in DS4.5? (at least for DS native content...no, the tools don't exist in DS4.5 to do those things to a cr2)

Morph Tools:
    Spawn Morph - Combine multiple morphs on a figure into one morph
    Inj / Rem Export - Export a morph on a figure as a set of Inj / Rem files
    Morph To CR2 - Export a morph from a figure into a CR2 file

And sorry, but creating Poser native (cr2/pp2) based content is NOT the primary direction in DS4.5. Also, it's not the most efficient at doing so, anyway.

Poser native file formats have many advantages. They have been around for a long time. There are many tools and open source scripts and even many community scripts for different 3d software packages.
    So if I can combine a morph combination into a new morph I can use this in many different tools and work with it. It has zero value for me to have the same functionality in Daz Studio if it can only be used in Daz Studio.

Poser formats are ugly as hell, so it would be better if I could export my stuff to fbx and collada. But fbx and collada export in Daz Studio is a joke, it was even better in Daz Studio 3. I don't trust Daz anymore that they ever fix the problems with the exporters. So no, at the moment using Daz Studio only functionality is a no-go for me, at least until Daz shows commitment to fix the exporters.

• stefgledisstefgledis Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

I have tried to install DAZStudio_4.5.1.56_Mac64 and its asking for Genesis for startup.

But the location "My library" is empty. Genesis wasn`t installed at all.

Previous Version 4.0.3.47_Mac64 runs without problems.

My System: MacOSX 10.6.8

Best regards

Stefan

edited December 1969

The content was separated from the application - you need to isntall Genesis Starter Essentials too.

• ShaggeShagge Posts: 74
    edited December 1969

I’m starting to notice an odd quirk with the libraries in daz 4.5 64 bit win version the program will randomly lose track of files in my library. It is growing so I’m betting there is some general maintenance I’m not doing I’ve tried clearing it out and letting it research for the files but that does not appear to have helped.
    Any suggestions?

edited December 1969

Siruis30 said:
    I’m starting to notice an odd quirk with the libraries in daz 4.5 64 bit win version the program will randomly lose track of files in my library. It is growing so I’m betting there is some general maintenance I’m not doing I’ve tried clearing it out and letting it research for the files but that does not appear to have helped.
    Any suggestions?

That generally indicates a problem with the CMS...either database corruption, or if it happens with regularity, something is interfering with the running of the database server.

Next time something disappears, look to see if the CMS is still running...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

...all the more I just want to set up a "classic" runtime structure and forget about all this Library, Smart Content, and CMS rubbish.

Why does it always seem so difficult to do things in a simple way?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...all the more I just want to set up a "classic" runtime structure and forget about all this Library, Smart Content, and CMS rubbish.

Why does it always seem so difficult to do things in a simple way?

You still can, you don't have to use Smart Content or Categories.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

..yeah even with the Library, I still find myself searching manually for items. Hence why I am in the process of setting up a custom categorised runtime structure on the new system. Just not sure where to place the basic Genesis content so as not to have any path conflicts with it or other content that "needs to be in the same location as Genesis".

So if I don't intend to use the CMS or Smart Content, do I need to install the Metadata files?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ..yeah even with the Library, I still find myself searching manually for items. Hence why I am in the process of setting up a custom categorised runtime structure on the new system. Just not sure where to place the basic Genesis content so as not to have any path conflicts with it or other content that "needs to be in the same location as Genesis".

So if I don't intend to use the CMS or Smart Content, do I need to install the Metadata files?

My understanding is that in DS4.5 you don't have to have all Genesis morphs in the same content folder, but I haven't tried it myself.

The metadata files are in the main installers anyway, you don't need to run the separate ones anyway.

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    edited December 1969

Dunno others but this version has more crashes than .6 version, I suggest an autosave option because I've lost 3 scenes....TODAY.
    why a bug catcher?, submit to bug forum site, whatevah its named, takes eons to be solved!

• Edd_ weavo-1Edd_ weavo-1 Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

Tried the 64-bit version, but it won't work, I have a 64-bit hp xw6400 workstation with win 7 64. DS3 Advanced 64 bit works with no problems, but 4.5 pro doesn't. "This application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

What's going on here?