DAZ Studio Pro, Version 4.5.1.56, is Now Available!

Comments

• krickerdkrickerd Posts: 183
    edited December 1969

I cannot install. I get an error message. BTW, what happened to the bug tracker?

DS_Error_1.jpg
    516 x 146 - 32K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

krickerd said:
    I cannot install. I get an error message. BTW, what happened to the bug tracker?

bugs.daz3d.com

Could be a corrupted download, or the installer is not running as Admin.

• Pete JacubinasPete Jacubinas Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Well, I have a question about using an area light and a sphere. I just up dated and was using the sphere for ibl, and now all of the sudden it doesn't work!

So i looked for the video and that's gone too!

What's going on here? any ideas??

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Area light or environment light, using uberEnvironment? Are you getting any error messages? What about if you view the log immediately after trying to render (Help>Troubleshooting>View log, scroll to the end)?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited April 2013

Spheres and Uber Area Lights and ... normals facing inward? There was something ... *wanders off to search*
    oh, here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/14536/#211168
    DS4.5 doesn't do the flip any more.
    There is a free sphere with normals facing inward here:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/66946/View/5/3D-Model/Sphere

Post edited by Kerya on
    edited December 1969

Yes, using a spehere with uberArea around the scene won't work as the normals point outwards - scaling to -100% on one axis should work, as I recall.

edited December 1969

Not in DS4.5 anymore ...

edited December 1969

Sorry, I was forgetting which way the fix went - you are quite right.

• Pete JacubinasPete Jacubinas Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

I can't even get it to work in the original files that i have saved before the upgrade! sucks.....is this a glitch or is this just how it is now?

• drakonus.4281drakonus.4281 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

is there a download link somewhere, or do you really have to order the thing?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Order it. It's free. Nothing to lose but bandwidth.

edited December 1969

I can't even get it to work in the original files that i have saved before the upgrade! sucks.....is this a glitch or is this just how it is now?

If it's the image applied to sphere with uberArea issue then it's just the way it is - though you could, I think, fix it by flipping the nomrals so that they pointed in - UV Mapper Classic will do that, as I recall, or pretty well any modeller.

edited December 1969

You could load your original scene and exchange your sphere with this free one:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/66946/View/5/3D-Model/Sphere
    Apply the pic and you are ready to go.

• drakonus.4281drakonus.4281 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

(please answer this)

is there a download link somewhere for the new version of DAZ pro, because im not sure i have put up an order and i was wondering if there was a link because in the homepage for the DAZ studio there was a "free download" thing and that kinda confused me.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2013

(please answer this)

is there a download link somewhere for the new version of DAZ pro, because im not sure i have put up an order and i was wondering if there was a link because in the homepage for the DAZ studio there was a "free download" thing and that kinda confused me.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/14562/ It is all explained in the first post of this thread. And don't worry, it is still a free download, but you do need to take it through the store purchase process if you have not done so before.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

Don't want folks throwing rotten tomatoes at me but I wonder when the next version is coming out? It's been about 3 months. I'm hoping for some improvements in the content creation tools.

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Don't want folks throwing rotten tomatoes at me but I wonder when the next version is coming out? It's been about 3 months. I'm hoping for some improvements in the content creation tools.

rotten tomatoes?
    i prefer eggs...
    smelly smelly smelly :)

but serious, i would like to know to about when do we see the new studio version? or another improvement update?
    my hope on any new carrara improvement is long gone!
    i only like to see a good character program as replacement for poser and iclone. (and still hope it's called dazstudio)
    a place to quick dress and animate a human mesh and export to more pro software,
    until today it is only possible when the daz ik system get's fixed.
    the alternative a good solution to have genesis features in the more pro programs (and not only poser).

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

...well had my first crash of 4.5.1.56 on the new system . Was switching between the Surfacing and Posing tab when it locked up returning a windows "Not Responding" error with the viewport caught between the two modes. When I opened up Windows TM to check on the performance stats, the entire UI changed and looked as if it was rendered with AoA's Fog Camera.

Had to kill the process in TM.

No error reporting dialogue appeared afterwards.

edited December 1969

...it happened again. Performed two spot renders in the Surfacing/Rendering tab, afterwards clicked on the Posing/Shaping tab to make some adjustments and it just froze midstream. When I went to minimse the app got the dreaded "Not Responding" error again.

In looking at the processes tab in TM the app is idle at a.1.95G in the performance tab only 4 threads are active at 24% usage, and 3.82GB Memory usage.

I've been doing test spot renders, going back and forth between the two tabs with no trouble until now.

This is a bit frustrating as this system was built to avoid such instances.

edited December 1969

...now had it crash to the desktop while switching cameras.

Again, this should not be occurring as I have far more memory than needed (12GB) and eight processor threads totally devoted to CG work with nothing else to interfere. The scene file itself is just over 4MB total.

edited December 1969

Hi Kyoto. Have you created a bug report and sent them your log file so they can try to figure out what's happening?

edited December 1969

...can't access the logfile because that folder is locked in Win7.

In XP the Application Data folder was a hidden one I could simply "unhide". In 7 it shows with either a check mark or lock on it. I have Admin status as I am the only one on this machine, so I would think I could change this but it won't let me. Not sure about this kind of stuff and don't want to end up completely locking myself out of my own system.

The scene, while small in filesize (4.1 MB), does have quite a number of items in it (mostly small props), I'm using two mesh lights, six linear Point lights and one spotlight with Toon Gramps and Aiko3. It doesn't crash during the render only when I am wroking on the scene itself. Again, I would think I have enough processing power and Memory as other scenes I have worked on were more than 6 - 8 times the filesie. The scene is also not all that large (900 x 650)

Could it be an Open GL thing perhaps? I have 1GB of GRAM on the GPU and it supports up to OGL 4, so again I should have enough to cover the scene complexity.

edited December 1969

Yea, your graphics card sounds plenty of umph. Your folders should ALL be accessible to you if your the Admin. Just some permissions you need to change. You can also access your log file via DAZ Studio through the Help drop down menu!

edited April 2013

...just checked the logfile after loading the scene again.

I wonder if having 153 separate and unique items in the scene might not be the culprit (a good number of the items being glasware and/or having more than one component themselves).

Unfortunately to see the previous logfiles saved after the crashes, I need to get to the Application Data folder.

Not sure where to go in Win7 to change the permissions.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

In W7, even though one is signed in as Admin, sometimes one has to 'right-click' and open that file as Admin. Think of it as an "are you sure" caution before it'll let you make changes. Sometimes, different scenario, one has to copy the file 'OUT' of say, the programs' area ... make the change ... and then somehow put the new/corrected file into the protected area. [ex. being when adding the Genesis PowerPose edits].

edited December 1969

...I'll look into that tomorrow. Head's really swimming tonight from sinus issues brought on my the cold I caught. So stuffed up, it even made it difficult to set up a scene for rendering

Took my meds and off to slumberland in hopes I'll be more clear headed in the morning..

edited December 1969

Feel better soon Kyoto!

edited December 1969

My User profile folder has a padlock, but that doesn't mean I don't have access - it just means other users don't (or wouldn't, if there were any). Did you try opening the AppData folder or did you just see the icon and give up?

edited April 2013

..OK had another crash and am looking at the error information.

Total physical Memory load was only 28% of 12GB Available memory left was 8,7 GB

in the logfile the following appeared several times just before the crash point:

WARNING: general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(1907): Empty absolutePath passed to DzContentMgr::getRelativePath()

...which to me sounds like it has something to do with the CMS.

This apparently occurs right after I change from the Posing/Shaping to Surfacing/Rendering tabs

As to GPU data:

OpenGL features for current hardware:
     OpenGL provider: NVIDIA Corporation
     OpenGL renderer: GeForce GTX 460/PCI/SSE2
     OpenGL version: 2.1.2
     Maximum number of lights: 8
     Number of auxiliary buffers: 4
     Number of texture units: 4
     Depth buffer bit resolution: 24
     Maximum OpenGL texture size: 16384 x 16384
     Current OpenGL Texture Quality Setting: High Quality
     RGBA color bitplane resolutions: 8 8 8 0
     GLSL version: 1.20 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
     Shadow mapping supported
     VBO supported

After the application opens I get this warning about color mode:

0(29) : warning C7050: "rgb" might be used before being initialized
    Shader Program successfully linked.

While not sure if this relates, to anything there are also multiple warnings related to Genesis that relate to SMay's Stalker Girl and Mavka (example):

WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4962): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Expressions/PHMScream.dsf#PHMScream?value in file : /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/smay/StalkerGirl/MCMSGScream.dsf

In the error log it specified in a number of locations:

C:\Windows\system32\nvoglv64.DLL

Why would a 64 bit OS still use a system32 (32 bit) DLL call?

After the Time Stamp there is an error that reads "ACCESS_VIOLATION"

While I don't understand all the nuts & bolts about this stuff, these are the things that stick out to me the most.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • edited December 1969

I have some icons in the content that have an ! near them. It says they are empty or can not find the content. Is this a bug or did I miss an install?
    I installed everything including the 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.11_trx, but it seems I have missing content. I can post a pic if that will help.

Also I'm watching the videos trying to learn how to link to my DS3 content. Actor Genisis is one, JS Pants is another, Shirt is another.

It looks really nice.

Sorry, I've been away for a while. We finally moved to South Carolina.