DAZ Studio Pro, Version 4.5.1.56, is Now Available!

Comments

• MardookMardook Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    mardook said:
    I was actually trying to
    reconstruct a scene that I had done before. I went to save and then crash. I opened DS and got
    this error after clicking away the annoying lesson strip yada yada. I tried to click the link to
    report the bug/error and the login did not work.

Here is the error below for those technically savvy with DAZ.

I really don't know what any of this means.

Update your video card drivers...

Which Nvidia card do you have?

It has been updated, its a Quadro FX 690. That's not the problem, it was working before. I know that Poser and Lightwave are two different types of programs but I don't bave any issues with those. They work fine... just this version of DAZ, the previous one was fine.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

mardook said:
    mjc1016 said:
    mardook said:
    I was actually trying to
    reconstruct a scene that I had done before. I went to save and then crash. I opened DS and got
    this error after clicking away the annoying lesson strip yada yada. I tried to click the link to
    report the bug/error and the login did not work.

Here is the error below for those technically savvy with DAZ.

I really don't know what any of this means.

Update your video card drivers...

Which Nvidia card do you have?

It has been updated, its a Quadro FX 690. That's not the problem, it was working before. I know that Poser and Lightwave are two different types of programs but I don't bave any issues with those. They work fine... just this version of DAZ, the previous one was fine.

That crash WAS your video driver...and unless you are running the version that came out about two weeks ago, you are NOT updated.

If by previous version of DS, you mean 4.5.1.6...different version of Qt, so that is a 'major' difference.

• Chris BarnesChris Barnes Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know if GenX has been updated to work with 4.5.1.56 yet? Earlier in the thread people said it needed to be.

edited December 1969

I thought they were talking about specific conversions done before, not that it wasn't working now. Yes, there may have been one or two saying that reconverting those conversions wasn't working, but that sounds more like a local problem...either need to remove them completely and start over or clear a database or something.

I don't have GenX, so I can't say for sure...

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Hopefully someone can give a definitive answer as it is something I definitely want to get soon.

CHEERS!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Hopefully someone can give a definitive answer as it is something I definitely want to get soon.

CHEERS!

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5878/P195/#226418
    Should work.

edited December 1969

Ok, yay!

SOLD!

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Rogerbee said:

CHEERS!

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5878/P195/#226418
    Should work.

I'd say that is 'definitive'...

edited December 1969

Yep,

I found this too, there's a link to a video tutorial in there:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15610/

CHEERS!

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,798
    edited December 1969

Okay, I'm having a lot of trouble right now. I'm trying to update to the latest version and for some reason, while I it was uninstalling the previous version, it came up with an error message.

And what's worse, I can't even find the phone number on the Contact Us page anymore!

DAZ_Installation_Error.png
    1600 x 900 - 262K
    edited January 2013

Nevermind about the phone number, I discovered that they relocated it to the Help Center.

However, I have even worse news. After my failed attempt to install the application, I tried to go look manually uninstall the program myself, figuring that it would help the installation process go smoother. However, I cannot even so much as find my uninstaller for the program itself anymore and all traces of the application has vanished from all possible access points: Desktop Icon, Start Menu, Program Search, Control Panel, everywhere...

Post edited by RCDeschene on
    edited December 1969

If that's Windows Vista I wouldn't know where to start.

There must still be some traces somewhere otherwise you wouldn't get any errors.

CHEERS!

• stump3point1stump3point1 Posts: 139
    edited January 2013

Nevermind about the phone number, I discovered that they relocated it to the Help Center.

However, I have even worse news. After my failed attempt to install the application, I tried to go look manually uninstall the program myself, figuring that it would help the installation process go smoother. However, I cannot even so much as find my uninstaller for the program itself anymore and all traces of the application has vanished from all possible access points: Desktop Icon, Start Menu, Program Search, Control Panel, everywhere...

On the previous page I wrote this:

Had the same problem with the 64bit install, had to delete the previous uninstaller(it was somehow corrupted, hence the error) located in the program folder which in your case would be in:

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\Uninstallers

Just delete that file and it should allow the new install and place a new uninstaller to that folder.

Hope that helps.

Check C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\Uninstallers also if your on Windows 32 bit or 64 bit.

Post edited by stump3point1 on
    edited January 2013

covered above...

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

I'm back. Downloaded the latest for sure this time.

Stopped the CMS service.
    Uninstalled it.
    Uninstalled D/S4.5.x not the latest
    Installed D/S4.5.y "the latest"

:-)

So far, it works much better on my little ol' laptop. Horse2 looks good too [albeit rather familiar] ...

So reset a kazillion products. Seem to recall thinking I wouldn't be buying much for Genesis ... over 11 Gigs of stuff ... wow.
    Okay, a few items were for V4 and M4 ... but mostly Genesis.

Downloaded all [hopefully] of them. Going to be busy awhile ;-)

• Robert952Robert952 Posts: 141
    edited December 1969

stumpc said:
    robert952 said:
    Finally getting around to trying to install ...56 (32-bit).

Usually I let the program do it's think and have no problems. This time around I am getting the error message(see image) as it tries to uninstall existing version.

Please advise what I need to do.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

EDIT ADD: Forgot to mention, when I go to DAZ uninstall directly I get:

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\Uninstallers\Remove-DAZStudio4_32Bit.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

Had the same problem with the 64bit install, had to delete the previous uninstaller(it was somehow corrupted, hence the error) located in the program folder which in your case would be in:

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\Uninstallers

Just delete that file and it should allow the new install and place a new uninstaller to that folder.

Hope that helps.

Note: You may want to run the installer again if your successful to make sure it uninstalls the previous version completely although I didn't experience any problems myself as my problem was 2 versions earlier and it's worked since then with out a hitch.

Deleted the uninstaller and program installed ok. As you suggested I ran installer again. The uninstaller hung up (as in the animated scrolling bar for 'uninstalling' ran for nearly an hour before I stopped it.

So, I again deleted the uninstaller and reinstalled again.

I'll have to see if the program runs correctly. I would think so but who knows?

Thanks for the help. At least it's 4.5......56 is installed.

• stump3point1stump3point1 Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

robert952 said:
    [Deleted the uninstaller and program installed ok. As you suggested I ran installer again. The uninstaller hung up (as in the animated scrolling bar for 'uninstalling' ran for nearly an hour before I stopped it.

So, I again deleted the uninstaller and reinstalled again.

I'll have to see if the program runs correctly. I would think so but who knows?

Thanks for the help. At least it's 4.5......56 is installed.

That is good at least that you got it loaded, I myself didn't run the installer again when this happened to me but I figured that in your case that it's better safe than sorry.

Note to everyone else who followed that previous note, kindly disregard that note and just delete the uninstaller and leave it at that till the next update.

I'll go back and edit that post my friend.:red:

edited January 2013

I tell the installer not to bother with updating the CMS and it's been fine, not that I ever bother with smart content anyway.

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
    edited January 2013

Okay, that fixed it. Thanks, guys! :)

Now I just have one more problem that I noticed after the update...

For the first time in ages I actually had the need to use the Transfer Utility, which, back when Autofit didn't carry over morphs, was the efficient alternative. However, after Utilizing over Foxy Hair to a character I'm working on, I saw that neither the Parameters nor the Shaping tbs retained the morphs.

What gives?[

Post edited by RCDeschene on
    edited December 1969

Have you tried autofitting it? I did that for the first time yesterday and it worked just fine.

CHEERS!

• edited January 2013

DOCH NICHTS!

Post edited by celticknight01_168f40a953 on
    edited December 1969

No, it just removes the program elements and those specific content items that are included in the updated Starter Essentials (but I think the SE installer is the one that actually does that...).

• edited December 1969

Unfortunately, I'm having to revert back to pre update. The update messed up the gens to where you can not work with them or individualize them. That is the M4 gens on M5.

• edited December 1969

WTF?????????? NOW my gens are still messed up because something stayed from the update and will not allow gens to be individualized. WHAT THE HELL?
    ANY SOLUTIONS?????????????
    NOW I"M TICKED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edited December 1969

Uninstall the gens and then reinstall them, perhaps the originals got corrupted somehow!? You could also try doing that after running the update.

CHEERS!

• edited January 2013

DOCH NICHTS!

• edited January 2013

DOCH NICHTS!

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Have you tried autofitting it? I did that for the first time yesterday and it worked just fine.

CHEERS!
    With Foxy Hair? How? The hair mesh itself is a prop object, and because so, one can only parent it to Genesis, not "fit" it.

Unfortunately, I'm having to revert back to pre update. The update messed up the gens to where you can not work with them or individualize them. That is the M4 gens on M5.

From my experience with the M5 Genitals, you couldn't really individualize them either way. I had intentions to use them until I quickly discovered that, like the V5 Genitalia, can only be used with the default skin UVs...
    edited December 1969

Oh, I see,

When I last used some prop hair, I forget which, I unticked 'parent in place' and then translated it into place, as far as I know it retained everything and it stayed on the figure when posed, I certainly didn't transfer any morphs.

CHEERS!

• edited January 2013

I, unfortunately, went against my gut feelings and went ahead anyways and did the update for Daz Studio 4.5 to 4.5.1.56, thinking it would be safe. What a HUGE MISTAKE! If you're a D|S person, DO NOT...I REPEAT...DO NOT use the current update! It will screw your GENS up and you will NOT be able to work, conform or individualize them at all.
    Due to this, I've had to completely uninstall everything,program, content folder, everything and start all over fresh. This will take days to do and I now must begin the task of going through everything to see what I want to reinstall or have to, and what to leave out this time. This is NOT a task I look forward to.
    As the old saying goes, "If it's not broke, DON'T fix it"!
    Again, for your D|S users, DO NOT install the current update!