JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS IV]

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited April 2013

chohole said:
    I know that you said Aslan Court needed a sold computer
    Will a Free computer work better then. ;)

and nicely done too.

Post edited by Szark on
  • Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,120
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I know that you said Aslan Court needed a sold computer, but although I could load it and render in Poser, it totally threw a wobbly when I tried to load it in Brycer fully textured. I Decided it was probably the plethora of texture maps as Bryce helpfully uncompresses jpgs back to tiff size in bk. So I decided to try retexturing it almost completely using Bryce procedural textures. Ecept for the centre floor and the transmaps.

What you reckon

Looks good, gives me an idea for the texture addon ;)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    chohole said:
    I know that you said Aslan Court needed a sold computerWill a Free computer work better then. ;)

and nicely done too.

LOL Pete, you should know by now that typoese is my 2nd language.

I know that you said Aslan Court needed a sold computer, but although I could load it and render in Poser, it totally threw a wobbly when I tried to load it in Brycer fully textured. I Decided it was probably the plethora of texture maps as Bryce helpfully uncompresses jpgs back to tiff size in bk. So I decided to try retexturing it almost completely using Bryce procedural textures. Ecept for the centre floor and the transmaps.

What you reckon

Looks good, gives me an idea for the texture addon ;)

:red: thanks

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,505
    edited December 1969

Wanted ti post this in the April 24 PC Thread (but it's still non existing)
    The General is not pleased,

general_is_not_happy.jpg
    900 x 563 - 148K
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Szark said:
    chohole said:
    I know that you said Aslan Court needed a sold computer
    Will a Free computer work better then. ;)

and nicely done too.

LOL Pete, you should know by now that typoese is my 2nd language.

Yeah I know but that won't stop me from having a joke. :P

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

Great image, Totte!

• BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

Looks like the bloke with the beard is going to answer back. Not advised.... :)

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,505
    edited December 1969

Baglet said:
    Totte said:

Looks like the bloke with the beard is going to answer back. Not advised.... :)
    The General is a reasonable guy, if you answer back, then he will challenge you in arm-wrestling and only of you then lose, you will lose your head.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    The General is a reasonable guy, if you answer back, then he will challenge you in arm-wrestling and only of you then lose, you will lose your head.

Before or after he picks you out of the crater half-way up the wall...

... of the room next door? ;-)

• IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,475
    edited December 1969

I just popped into to say I looooooooooooooooooooooooooove the new one. snatchygrabbymineminemine (we all know I have a weakness for the middle east... even if Id make a lousy Muslim ;) hehe)

edited December 1969

I just popped into to say I looooooooooooooooooooooooooove the new one. snatchygrabbymineminemine (we all know I have a weakness for the middle east... even if Id make a lousy Muslim ;) hehe)

Awh thanks Igg, appreciate it! :)

edited December 1969

Totte said:

He's my former Head of Department. I claim my 5 pounds. He hated everybody except the younger women, which was his downfall.

I wanted to play with my new vultures. Not sure about keeping them indoors but the man is one of the Phoenix1966 crew so anything is allowed.

Feeding my Pretties.

pretties.jpg
    374 x 500 - 92K
    edited December 1969

Just moved Aslan Court into Vue. A bit of mysterious moonlight.

AslanMoon.jpg
    787 x 530 - 171K
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Used West Park for this one: http://www.deviantart.com/art/My-Bodyguard-Smacky-368049187

And SnowSultan's Smacky :)

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited June 2013

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
  • Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Just love it a magical set and the light are top notch to !!!

Popup04.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 465K
    edited December 1969

Baglet said:
    Totte said:

He's my former Head of Department. I claim my 5 pounds. He hated everybody except the younger women, which was his downfall.

I wanted to play with my new vultures. Not sure about keeping them indoors but the man is one of the Phoenix1966 crew so anything is allowed.

Feeding my Pretties.

Nice render :)

edited December 1969

Baglet said:
    Just moved Aslan Court into Vue. A bit of mysterious moonlight.

The blue tones do make it look rather eerie!

edited December 1969

wancow said:
    Used West Park for this one: http://www.deviantart.com/art/My-Bodyguard-Smacky-368049187

And SnowSultan's Smacky :)

Nice.. a bit drafty, but I guess she must be used to it :)

edited December 1969

Just love it a magical set and the light are top notch to !!!

Very cool! nice work :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited April 2013

...OK just picked up Aslan Court but have to wait until I go to the hotpot to download later.

So, finally got Genesis set up with Gen-X so I could recreate my Leela. Of course had to set her at home.

Leela_home.jpg
    900 x 675 - 302K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,027
    edited December 1969

Hmmm... don't know how I missed this thread all along... I'm a huge fan of Jack's work.

This was posted for the PC contest Guardsman Practice, but wanted to share with others not part of the PC. In addition to Aslan Court it uses Ness’ Harpsichord, Deacon Shape, Dean Texture and Jaime Hair, and Midnight Watchmen for Night Guard. I really try to mention all the artists I use because I am so grateful for the work they do - helping this guy who can't draw to save his life to create these kinds of images. Though this thread is all about Jack ;)

It still absolutely amazes me a model this gorgeous and detailed is only $2. That is totally cool! Thank you so much Jack for another true beauty.

Rended with 3dx Max Mental Ray
    Post: Photoshp + Ron’s Light & Shadow, Bokeh Lights, and Fog II

Practice.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 70K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...woah that is nice.

Downloading now.

Guess this just may become part of the Grande Estate.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Some gorgeous work being done with Aslan Court 1! This pic also uses Cheirocrates (the planter and the pavement), and the squirrel's for Ikyoto. Jack, the bottom center of the alcove-back -- is that an owl or a pineapple?

Shot in DS4.5Pro, rendered in LuxRender (via Luxus), no postwork. Also up in my deviantART gallery here.

Tourist Sitting in a Shaded Alcove

PCI20130423-TouristSittingShadedAlcove-x2000.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 2M
  • ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited April 2013

Tourist Sitting in a Shaded Alcove Beautiful job.:-)

Post edited by Elowan on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...OK just picked up Aslan Court but have to wait until I go to the hotpot to download later.

So, finally got Genesis set up with Gen-X so I could recreate my Leela. Of course had to set her at home.

Ah cool, nice render.

Which reminds me, has anyone used Anderson Hall in Lux? What is it like?

edited December 1969

bohemian3 said:
    Hmmm... don't know how I missed this thread all along... I'm a huge fan of Jack's work.

This was posted for the PC contest Guardsman Practice, but wanted to share with others not part of the PC. In addition to Aslan Court it uses Ness’ Harpsichord, Deacon Shape, Dean Texture and Jaime Hair, and Midnight Watchmen for Night Guard. I really try to mention all the artists I use because I am so grateful for the work they do - helping this guy who can't draw to save his life to create these kinds of images. Though this thread is all about Jack ;)

It still absolutely amazes me a model this gorgeous and detailed is only $2. That is totally cool! Thank you so much Jack for another true beauty.

Rended with 3dx Max Mental Ray
    Post: Photoshp + Ron’s Light & Shadow, Bokeh Lights, and Fog II

Thanks for the kind words.

Very nice render - just wondering, did you set the stuff up in Max by hand, or do you use an importer?

Welcome to the JAS too, hope you post some more work soon.

edited December 1969

Some gorgeous work being done with Aslan Court 1! This pic also uses Cheirocrates (the planter and the pavement), and the squirrel's for Ikyoto. Jack, the bottom center of the alcove-back -- is that an owl or a pineapple?

Shot in DS4.5Pro, rendered in LuxRender (via Luxus), no postwork. Also up in my deviantART gallery here.

Tourist Sitting in a Shaded Alcove

Cool POV.. nice work :)

Oh that.. that's a pineowlple ;)

• bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,027
    edited April 2013

Very nice render - just wondering, did you set the stuff up in Max by hand, or do you use an importer?

And thanks for your kind words. Means a lot coming from you.

Quick workflow Sketch:
    1) Set up preset in DAZ - delete instances but retain core preset placement to reduce work in Max
    2) Export - import into Max using obj format
    3) Transfer standard Mats to Mental Ray and A&D Mats using macros I wrote available here--> http://sdrv.ms/ZVnsfo
    4) I use photometric lights - for each lamp I set up an inside light at very low intensity, then an outside one and exclude the lamp (better for area lighting)
    5) Drape the cape use massFX cloth modifer
    6) Recreate the instances based on your original setup, set up camera, tweak and render
    (One tweak was editing the lamp mesh to redefine a new materal layer for the glass part alone, easy enough to do)

It sounds complicated, but it actually is less than 15 minutes once you get the workflow down. I do the volume light effect in Photoshop using Ron's Bokeh and light brushes. They are very hard to get exact in Max, as well as taking forever to rendr.

In my signature there is a link for anyone else interested in using Max for more resources.

Again, thanks for your words

Post edited by bohemian3 on
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Elowan said:
    Tourist Sitting in a Shaded Alcove Beautiful job.:-)
    Cool POV.. nice work :)
    Thanks guys, glad you like it!

Jack, the bottom center of the alcove-back -- is that an owl or a pineapple?

Oh that.. that's a pineowlple ;)
    >:-(
This discussion has been closed.