"Get Them While You Can!" If Not… Well… "There's Always Another Sale™"

L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
edited May 2018 in The Commons

Time to start a new thread. We went through the last one in just over two months!

Things are pretty quiet today, so I thought I'd get this started before things got lively and we had to split a conversation between two threads.

And... Here's a link the previous thread: Not To Worry, Friend, "There's Always Another Sale™"

Post edited by L'Adair on

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,080

*moving in* laugh

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Quiet here.

That will change, I'm sure.

• Checking in

• "Christmas? Bah, Humbug." laugh

• AtiAti Posts: 9,080

We're all moving in here. Dear Daz people, it's time for a welcome glitch, I mean gift! laugh

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,320
    edited December 2017
    Ati said:

We're all moving in here. Dear Daz people, it's time for a welcome glitch, I mean gift! laugh

Well, if we post 'em here they will disappear faster than a f*rt in a fan room.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • So, we're sure if I go into Paypal and cancel my reoccuring payments for PC+, if I have 1.5 years remaining, that stays true, I just won't renew on the renew dates in Paypal? 

I'm not cancelling my account, in other words, I'm cancelling my subscription renewal? 

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775

Sometimes it's hard to tell a glitch from a surprise flash sale-kinda-thingy, which makes me all confused about when or whether to pounce on it.  

• Its been a weird Holiday sale. I've seen more Halloween related releases during this Christmas sale than during Halloween. And who is doing zombie animations? Isn't everyone sick of zombies by now? Is this zombie fad ever going to "die"? Tons of glitches daily and now no glitches for close to a week. I just want one more good glitch, thats all I ask. One more good glitch should hold me... at least until the end of the year.

• So, we're sure if I go into Paypal and cancel my reoccuring payments for PC+, if I have 1.5 years remaining, that stays true, I just won't renew on the renew dates in Paypal? 

I'm not cancelling my account, in other words, I'm cancelling my subscription renewal? 

Correct as far as canceling in PayPal.  Also  in DAZ go to 'My Account' > 'Platinum Club' uncheck reoccuring payment and change payment method to something other than PayPal (i.e. store credit)

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785

I'm glad the Freebies were free all weekend, as I went to bed early last nite evening and forgot to check out...

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

I purchased a lot during the PA and PC sales so barely bought anything after. I missed all the consumer advantage glitches, just got the negative ones, so now mostly only getting freebies, but I did get several of the higher priced PC items for half off yesterday and used one of my coupons so got some good deals for $2.00 and under.. Bummed that the loyalty rewards never worked on Delilah by Mousso, although it was reported several times and now she is out of the sale category. Not thrilled so far with the December sales in general, products are nice, put prices are high and I don't really need them. Wishlisted a bunch for future sales (when we will probably be at G9!) Probably won't be buying much except if on extreme sale till March Madness. But I've been buying content since 2005! My hard drives are already bursting with content! My only real incentive to buy more is if something is on extreme sale or if I find something amazing I've never seen before or don't already own something similar to. If I had physical versions of all the stuff Vicky and the Genesises had in real life, I'd own major properties and islands all over the world, warehouses full of clothing and be richer than Oprah Winfrey!

• I'm all moved in

Ati said:

haha too funny!

On the other hand, PAs like FWSA and Mousso are doing some beautiful work with G8, after all the horrible DazO's. Weird that the PAs end up doing a much better job IMHO than Daz itself...Erin HD looks stunning but just can't justify getting another character. But who knows I could break down LOL. She doesn't look any better than nice G3s, but one of the best G8's I've seen (along with Mouuso's Delilah that I still may get with my remaining coupon, although I may send in a ticket asking why the loyalty rewards never worked with her...) 

• I'm not cancelling my account, in other words, I'm cancelling my subscription renewal? 

That's right, all the problems that have cropped up were because DAZ and Paypal have completely separate and independent renewal setups — if you want to cancel your next renewal, you must do it in both.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,436

its always a sale.... butlike many, I'm pretty tapped out

• Since we are all moving in, I thought I would bring a plate of Cookies (with a couple Chips) to help get things started.

Plate of Cookies and Chips

Agh! Damn you Midnight-Stories! Every time I say I'm not going to buy anything else for a while, you come out with something amazing that I really want and can use! If you didn't exist, I'd have a whole lot more money right now! You are killing me! devil And then you add great detailed videos explaining exactly what your product does and how to use it!!!  I hate you for making me spend money I don't have. Ugh. You evil tempter! 

"So Alicia, what did you do today?" "I bought the moon, you?" Sorry, I'm slaphappy. Had very little sleep last night wink  I LOVE ALL YOUR PRODUCTS, Midnight-stories. But you are the bane of my existence! Make some bad ones once in a while, so I don't have to buy them, will you? 

Sorry, really slaphappy now... cheeky

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454

Since we are all moving in, I thought I would bring a plate of Cookies (with a couple Chips) to help get things started.

Thank you for the unexpected laugh! :)

• Guess, I'm moving in, too. I live vicariously through most of you these days. :)

• Since we are all moving in, I thought I would bring a plate of Cookies (with a couple Chips) to help get things started.

Thank you for the unexpected laugh! :)

You are welcome ... we all need to take a break for stress relief once in a while, this seemed a good time.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760

The following post is a test.  It is only a test.

GLITCH SALE!!!!

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

I'm moving in too - but I refuse to clean out the catbox or clean the toilet. That's going to have to be someone else's job. cheeky

The precending announcement was a test of the emergency glitch sale announcement system.  If there had been an actual Glitch Sale in progress, no one would have mentioned it because we'd be too busy looking to see what was what.  Thank you for your time and have a pleasant tommorrow.

• I'm moving in too - but I refuse to clean out the catbox or clean the toilet. That's going to have to be someone else's job. cheeky

With so many people moving in together, who is responsible for waking everyone else at DAZland Midnight? This alarm did not survive the Thanksgiving Every-Four-Hours-Day-And-Night-For-Days Freebie Giveaway.

Melted Alarm Clock.

• Cybersox said:

If there had been an actual Glitch Sale in progress, no one would have mentioned it because we'd be too busy looking to see what was what. 

No, someone would mention it. Following on a few minutes later moaning that "well, that ended quickly". And like Sideshow Bob, they just keep stepping on that rake... ;-)

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227
    edited December 2017

We need a super secret email glitch notification system. I sometimes get PM's but more often only get in on them because someone says something here.

BTW to the person who does PM me, thank you very much. smiley

Post edited by deathbycanon on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,785
    Cybersox said:

The precending announcement was a test of the emergency glitch sale announcement system.  If there had been an actual Glitch Sale in progress, no one would have mentioned it because we'd be too busy looking to see what was what.  Thank you for your time and have a pleasant tommorrow.

There is currently at least one glitch, if you can find it...

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    WandW said:
    Cybersox said:

There is currently at least one glitch, if you can find it...

Naughty, but nice. Thanks for the heads up!
    laugh

This discussion has been closed.