"Get Them While You Can!" If Not… Well… "There's Always Another Sale™"

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I just bought both Single Home bundles from Dreamland Models at 65% off, ($13.98 each,) with a new release. This is not a glitch, but the correct discount for Featured PAs' products, new release in cart, and Holiday Rewards discount. I've had my eye on those since they were released. This vendor has a new release out today, the Vector Corp Sci-fi Construction Set. Take a look at the promo images. I rarely do SciFi or this set would have been a no-brainer, instant buy. As it is, I still put it in my wishlist for later.

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Finally picked up Alphakinis, hurrah.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,080
    L'Adair said:

I just bought both Single Home bundles from Dreamland Models at 65% off, ($13.98 each,) with a new release. This is not a glitch, but the correct discount for Featured PAs' products, new release in cart, and Holiday Rewards discount. I've had my eye on those since they were released. This vendor has a new release out today, the Vector Corp Sci-fi Construction Set. Take a look at the promo images. I rarely do SciFi or this set would have been a no-brainer, instant buy. As it is, I still put it in my wishlist for later.

LOL, I've just checked out with the same items fifteen minutes ago. :)))

• Thanks for the reminder, I had to wishlist the second bundle at the time after getting the first one. Was able to get it now!
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,558
    L'Adair said:

Time to start a new thread. We went through the last one in just over two months!

Things are pretty quiet today, so I thought I'd get this started before things got lively and we had to split a conversation between two threads.

Nice. didn't know we could start a new thread ourselves to continue one. Seem to remember the mods always doing it in the past.

Going to be interesting having a thread after Xmas with "Bah Humbug" in the title, LOL

Bring on the glitches!

We need a super secret email glitch notification system.

We have one, it's called Ati!!!wink

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,319
    edited December 2017
    L'Adair said:

Time to start a new thread. We went through the last one in just over two months!

Things are pretty quiet today, so I thought I'd get this started before things got lively and we had to split a conversation between two threads.

Nice. didn't know we could start a new thread ourselves to continue one. Seem to remember the mods always doing it in the past.

Going to be interesting having a thread after Xmas with "Bah Humbug" in the title, LOL

Bring on the glitches!

I guess we can always start a new thread whenever we wish; but yes normally the mods would split off the thread and whoever had the first post on page 101 of the old thread would thus have the first post and be the OP of the new split-off thread.

Bah Humbug sounds a little depressing. How about "Happy Holidays: There is Always a New Sale"?

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Seem to remember the mods always doing it in the past.

One advantage of that was the link provided to the old thread. That made navigating into the past easier, which can be useful when comparing current sales to previous sales.

The title can be changed easily enough (by the OP (and maybe a mod)). So long as "There's Always Another Sale" is part of it, people will find it. "Bah Humbug" could become "Merry Christmas" and "Happy New Year" for the relevant days, if so desired.

edited December 2017

Seem to remember the mods always doing it in the past.

One advantage of that was the link provided to the old thread. That made navigating into the past easier, which can be useful when comparing current sales to previous sales.

The title can be changed easily enough (by the OP (and maybe a mod)). So long as "There's Always Another Sale" is part of it, people will find it. "Bah Humbug" could become "Merry Christmas" and "Happy New Year" for the relevant days, if so desired.

Bah Humbug is temporary. Unless we manage to go through a hundred pages in the next two weeks! Also, I added a link to the old thread in the OP of this one.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,244

The sentiment depends on whether you caught the gl-, uh, sale or not...

• NorthOf45 said:

Sale or not it still seems pretty negative for the holiday season

NorthOf45 said:

LOL... I got the idea from one of YOUR posts in the previous thread!

• I prefer mint humbugs (for those from a different geographic region, they're a kind of sweet/candy).

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454

I thought it was funny! I can imagine someone saying that when they find they've missed a glitch.

• I thought it was funny! I can imagine someone saying that when they find they've missed a glitch.

Or they find out the glitch they squashed was the wicked glitch of the east... laugh

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    NorthOf45 said:

I agree. I hope it doesn't stay up long. We stil have 14 more days until Christmas and I'd hate to see "Bah Humbug!" every day for the next two weeks... 

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Not everybody likes Christmas all that much... "Bah Humbug" is perfect imho laugh

But feel free to change it - I don't actually break out in hives at the mention of it. I don't want to see "Merry Christmas" after the 26th though either ;-)

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785
    Nath said:

Not everybody likes Christmas all that much... "Bah Humbug" is perfect imho laugh

But feel free to change it - I don't actually break out in hives at the mention of it. I don't want to see "Merry Christmas" after the 26th though either ;-)

Christmas lasts until January 5th... wink

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    WandW said:
    Nath said:

Christmas lasts until January 5th... wink

LOL

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    Nath said:

I don't want to see "Merry Christmas" after the 26th though either 

Agreed. lol

• My credit card screamed Bah Humbug and is trying to get in touch with Krampus

• EtaminEtamin Posts: 126

Pure greedy Bah Humbug! question here:

From the wondeful/diabolical ATI/Overdrawn Daz Deals plugin, when I look at the price history, it seems there was a major price drop on many products on 12/19/2016.  Was this a mega glitch or a special mega sale day?  I am just wondering if I should save my money for a similar 'happening' this year.

Yes, Daz Deals may have saved me a lot of money or made me spend more - yet to be determined :)

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 2017

If i'ts the one I'm thinking of, it was a glitch. A store wide glitch. laugh 

Etamin said:

From the wondeful/diabolical ATI/Overdrawn Daz Deals plugin, when I look at the price history, it seems there was a major price drop on many products on 12/19/2016.  Was this a mega glitch or a special mega sale day?  I am just wondering if I should save my money for a similar 'happening' this year.

Yes, Daz Deals may have saved me a lot of money or made me spend more - yet to be determined :)

Post edited by jakiblue on
  • EtaminEtamin Posts: 126
    edited December 2017
    jakiblue said:

If i'ts the one I'm thinking of, it was a glitch. A store wide glitch. laugh 

Etamin said:

Thanks @jakiblue  In that case I can only hope that the Glitch Witches look upon me favourably when they weave their spells!

Post edited by Etamin on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,319
    edited December 2017

Not real happy right now. I bought Filter Forge 6 Pro has only been available at DAZ for about 2 months and I bought it a month and a half ago so it's just past it's return period. Now Filter Forge 7 Pro is on sale in the store for little more than I paid for FF 6 Pro.

Guess I should have waited. It seems like it doesn't pay to buy things when they are "new".

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Not real happy right now. I bought Filter Forfge 6 Pro only a month and a half ago so it's just past it's return period and now Filter Forge 7 Pro is on sale in the store for little more than I paid for FF 6 Pro.

Guess I should have waited.

I did the same - an upgrade price would have been nice.  Never mind, 6.0 does what I need it to anyway.

A new freebie is up - this time eyebrows from AprilYSH - thanks :)

• Not real happy right now. I bought Filter Forfge 6 Pro only a month and a half ago so it's just past it's return period and now Filter Forge 7 Pro is on sale in the store for little more than I paid for FF 6 Pro.

Filter Forge is on sale so constantly that from my perspective there is never a reason to buy an old version.

Filter Forge is on sale so constantly that from my perspective there is never a reason to buy an old version.

FF7 hadn't been released when I bought FF6

• What is the difference between FF 6 & 7?

• NSFW said:

What is the difference between FF 6 & 7?

Some differences include copy and paste support and multichannel export as well as others:

https://www.filterforge.com/features/

• I've had FF6 in my wishlist for a while, now its 65% off, and I"m wondering if its worth saving money and buying 6 or do I get 7. I still use CS6 for photoshop, and still use Win 7, and still use DS 4.8. I've never been one that needs the latest software if the old version is good enough. I tend to value stability over having the latest bells and whistles. And I know new software can often introduce new bugs, so for me its not an automatic decision to go with the latest version. In fact, it makes me hesitate to buy either version, and just wait to see if bug reports pop up about FF 7 before doing anything.

This discussion has been closed.