"Get Them While You Can!" If Not… Well… "There's Always Another Sale™"

Comments

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Ok now I’m hoping for The Glitch to Steal Christmas. 

• Ok now I’m hoping for The Glitch to Steal Christmas. 

:rofl:

*start whining about the poor collection of included smilies*

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,732
    NSFW said:

What is the difference between FF 6 & 7?

Some differences include copy and paste support and multichannel export as well as others:

https://www.filterforge.com/features/

The DAZ page says "NEW - full 64 bit support". That was new in version 6 according to FFs own site.

• Taoz said:
    NSFW said:

Some differences include copy and paste support and multichannel export as well as others:

The DAZ page says "NEW - full 64 bit support". That was new in version 6 according to FFs own site.

Yes it was. What is new with FF7 is that there is no longer 32 bit support so it will no longer act as a plugin to 32 bit versions of Photoshop. However, if you are still using 32 bit Photoshop the new " copy and paste" function for images is an effective workaround.

• So, we're sure if I go into Paypal and cancel my reoccuring payments for PC+, if I have 1.5 years remaining, that stays true, I just won't renew on the renew dates in Paypal? 

I'm not cancelling my account, in other words, I'm cancelling my subscription renewal? 

If you cancel your membership here, like I did, you will get a scary red banner that says your membership is canceled and you may have to pay more to renew. So I sent in a ticket just to be sure that my current membership that I had just bought was sill there because the scary red banner had me confused. Here is the response straight from daz. 

"Hi Deanna,

Yes, you still have your membership. Marking it for cancellation simply tells the membership that you do not wish to auto-renew.

Since you were paying by PayPal, you will want to be sure that you cancel in PayPal as well, or it will continue to charge you."

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,732
    edited December 2017
    Taoz said:
    NSFW said:

Yes it was. What is new with FF7 is that there is no longer 32 bit support so it will no longer act as a plugin to 32 bit versions of Photoshop. However, if you are still using 32 bit Photoshop the new " copy and paste" function for images is an effective workaround.

OK. I read this (sep. 2016 post) on the Genetica forum:

"I am a licensee of both Filter Forge and Genetica. I agree with you that Genetica is a great product, but primarily because it suits my needs much better than Filter Forge. I stopped upgrading Filter Forge back at version 3 and it is safe to say that Filter Forge users pay a lot more than Genetica users if they stay in the upgrade path.

The Filter Forge filter library you point out has two primary drawbacks. 1) If you don't have the latest version of Filter Forge, most of the filters won't work. 2) Easily four out of five filters has flaws and would be considered useless by most users.

In addition, Filter Forge is incredibly slow at rendering images and previewing changes. The publisher has openly admitted that they made a bad programming choice early on and the lack of speed will never be fixed. It isn't unusual for a render to take more than 60 minutes at a size of 3600 x 3600 pixels.

Filter Forge is based around manipulating Perlin noise and is poor at working with photos. Genetica is superb at working with photos. That feature alone has earned me back the price of Genetica a hundred fold and my photo tiles sell well on a number of stock sites."

Looks though like they actually have improved rendering speed in FF 7 anyway but I wonder how much. Already have Genetica but it's probably not being updated anymore and Substance Designer with the new PS export option looks more appealing to me than FF.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • ItsCeoItsCeo Posts: 471
    L'Adair said:

By the way, I bought Sean recently, while he was still on sale at Rendo. Now that I've finished my first entry for the It's Raining Men contest, I'm going to spend some quality time with him in DS. Such a cutie.

That is a really great scene!

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    ItsCeo said:
    L'Adair said:

By the way, I bought Sean recently, while he was still on sale at Rendo. Now that I've finished my first entry for the It's Raining Men contest, I'm going to spend some quality time with him in DS. Such a cutie.

That is a really great scene!

Thank you, @ItsCeo. laugh

• There's a couple unexpected gifts at least.

• New free items in the regular daz freebies area. 

https://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

It won't let me add Aisling to the cart. I've tried adding it five times now but it won't show up in the cart. 

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Confirmed. Won't work for me either. Even tried adding another product in case it was that glitch that happens occasionally, but nope, Aisling won't go to cart.  

It won't let me add Aisling to the cart. I've tried adding it five times now but it won't show up in the cart. 

• OZ-84OZ-84 Posts: 128
    MelanieL said:
    L'Adair said:

Feeld like a staple when it comes to glitching, but the freebees do not mix well with the PC+ Coupons. My cart  went from $21 to $24 upon adding the freebie since they ate up the coupon.

If you checked out after applying the coupon, you can contact Customer Service and they will refund you the difference. It is a well-known issue that the cart applies the coupon to all products that qualify, even the free ones.

Another glitch? It says you can get up to 85% off  featured bundles and add-ons, but even with the extra 30% off loyalty reward, it only comes out to 72% off. I tried Daz Originals and ones already on sale, they all come out to 72%

Some of the Daz Originals will show a 58% discount in the listings and on the product page. That discount is a combination of the member discount and the Featured Artist. I've seen those go to 84%-85% off, as reported by Daz Deals. However, those are few and far between. I've checked several days using the % Off filter from Daz Deals. One day, even with products I own visible, I found one product at 58%. Even with only one item going that low, the statement is true, and pretty common adspeak. It's still really annoying to have to search through 469 products to try to find any that go into the cart at 85% off.

I think the reference to 85% off is referring to these items, not the Add-ons list (even though clicking on the box goes there). The "Up to 85%" has been quoted every day since day one but the Previous Generation Add-ons have only ever been shown as 60% off for Gen8 owners (although some glitches and stacking discounts have improved on this at various times during the sale).

I take screen prints every day to keep track - the second attachment is the Add-ons offer on Day 1.

Well, i got , maybe a week ago, Olympia 7 pro and Teen Joie 7 Pro with a 93% discount. Didnt think of it as an glitch. It was ovious for me that this is the 85% discount + something 

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2017
    jakiblue said:

Confirmed. Won't work for me either. Even tried adding another product in case it was that glitch that happens occasionally, but nope, Aisling won't go to cart.  

ok  I confirm this glitch, so will be reporting it, as soon as Cris has confirmed it doesn't work for her either.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,082

Previously, when you could not choose a free pro bundle because you already had them all, you got an extra discount. Will there be such a thing now? Adding in another 20% or so off would sweeten the deal for those who have all 59 pro bundles already. ;)

Chohole said:
    jakiblue said:

ok  I confirm this glitch, so will be reporting it, as soon as Cris has confirmed it doesn't work for her either.

I have this back from the guys. 

please let the forums know we are aware of this and are working to fix it. This may or may not take until after the office opens this morning. However, in the meantime, the starter and pro bundles which both contain Aisling, Cam still be purchased now.
  • cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

Yep. But I don't want to buy the bundles, just Aisling (and Charlotte)

It will be fixed,  please try and be patient. It's not quite 03:00am in DazLand. They have said they are working on it.

• GeoffreyHawkinsGeoffreyHawkins Posts: 255
    edited December 2017

So, I need some advice.  I've been wanting the Kimo Pro Bundle but have been waiting for a great sale price.  If I pick it up for free with the Charlotte bundle and my loyalty savings it will essentially cost me $46.  I say this because I have no use whatsoever for Charlotte and her bundled items; zero value for me now or in the future.  So, Kimo Pro for $46.  Since the folks on this thread are incredibly keen on sale dynamics . . . any ideas for what future sales might drop that Kimo Pro even lower.  I'm not in a hurry . . .

Post edited by GeoffreyHawkins on

So, I need some advice.  I've been wanting the Kimo Pro Bundle but have been waiting for a great sale price.  If I pick it up for free with the Charlotte bundle and my loyalty savings it will essentially cost me $46.  I say this because I have no use whatsoever for Charlotte and her bundled items; zero value for me now or in the future.  So, Kimo Pro for $46.  Since the folks on this thread are incredibly keen on sale dynamics . . . any ideas for what future sales might drop that Kimo Pro even lower.  I'm not in a hurry . . .

It all depends on how soon you need it. Of course, nobody can say what the future holds, but in the past, pro bundles could sometimes be bought for less than $20. I think my cheapest pro bundle was around $8. But you have to be really patient for these sales, they don't happen often.

• Still haven't found a lot this sale that I really want (and fits the budget), since I decided not to get into Gen 8. I still have only bought maybe 3 or 4 items this whole sale, and all but 1 were things I had in my Wishlish that came up in Best Sellers or Featured Artist sales. Good news for my budget. 

• Over time, as the various sales happen, the individual pieces of each pro bundle go on sale in such a fashion that will make the bundle discount negligible.  So, if you don't want the whole bundle, it's worth waiting it out to get what you really do want.  That said, you can often find that after enough time passes, that the previous generation pro bundles will get offered up at steep discounts in connection with new character releases, like this.  

Recently, I bought the V7 Pro Bundle for $5 during one of the sales.  I had already bought almost everything in the bundle except for an outfit and hair.  But, I thought it was worth it to go ahead and get the bundle  for future discounts.  Plus, the hair and outfit were both ones that I wanted....So, $5 seemed like a good deal.   Similarly, I recently picked up O7 Pro Bundle for $9.95.  Same thing...I had most of the content except for a pose pack, an outfit, and another pose pack.  But, the price for the bundle was the same as for the outfit by itself. 

I'm just saying, if you're in no hurry, the sales do come around and the bargains show up.  Whenever, I am shopping for a Daz Character, I always check all 3 prices for character, starter, and pro bundle.  Sometimes there is such a slight difference that it's hardly worth it to pass up the Pro Bundle.  But sometimes, if I really don't need any of the other stuff, I'll get the best bargain by waiting until the character goes on sale by itself.

Charlotte is one of the first DO Character bundles where I am more interested in the included characters than the accessories.  I give Daz a thumbs up on this one.  

GeoffreyHawkins, since you aren't really interested in Charlotte at all, I can't say that the Kimo bundle seems like that great of a deal.  It is certainly, if you want or can use both characters.  But, I think I'd wait for a sale on the Kimo 7 Pro Bundle.  It will probably drop below $30 at some point, if you aren't in a hurry.

• I wonder why they didn't go with the same, "Gen3, Gen2, Genesis, V4" free pro bundles, like almost all the other Gen8 promotions.  I think that might've gotten a lot of people off the fence to buy Charlotte. :)

An experiment in flexibility, I assume. I haven’t been swayed by the previous deals but _any_ pro pack I want _is_ convincing me. 

An experiment in flexibility, I assume. I haven’t been swayed by the previous deals but _any_ pro pack I want _is_ convincing me. 

On the downside, no extra discount for owners of the pro packs. I can't pick up any free packs, but that extra 20% would probably convince me to buy her now. This way, nah, I'll pass for now.

edited December 2017

Sure. It’s an experiment. I’m just saying they’re going to catch some flies with _this_ honey who weren’t swayed before. And of course once resistant buyers  have one G8 pro pack they’re more likely to buy more g8 content... especially this month.

If they decide to make it two pro packs I won’t say no, of course. Especially what with them lying in the base figure promos. 

Post edited by dreamfarmer on
  • Chohole said:

It will be fixed,  please try and be patient. It's not quite 03:00am in DazLand. They have said they are working on it.

Should be fixed now.

• ItsCeoItsCeo Posts: 471

I wonder why they didn't go with the same, "Gen3, Gen2, Genesis, V4" free pro bundles, like almost all the other Gen8 promotions.  I think that might've gotten a lot of people off the fence to buy Charlotte. :)

I didn't buy Darius 8 pro, the Darius 7 and 6 just didn't do anything for me, even if free.  Give me one free from all those listed, and for sure I am going to buy Charlotte! 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033

I wonder why they didn't go with the same, "Gen3, Gen2, Genesis, V4" free pro bundles, like almost all the other Gen8 promotions. 

Probably because they didn't see her as a new version of a previous figure.

• I wonder why they didn't go with the same, "Gen3, Gen2, Genesis, V4" free pro bundles, like almost all the other Gen8 promotions.  I think that might've gotten a lot of people off the fence to buy Charlotte. :)

Lol... Doesn't help if you simply do not like the way the character looks in the promotional images, no matter how good the deal may be.

This discussion has been closed.