"Get Them While You Can!" If Not… Well… "There's Always Another Sale™"

Comments

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,566

@L'Adair, those items show up for me as initally 67% off in the store before becoming 84% off in my cart. I do have a 30% "Loyalty reward" applying. As for the PA discount, I'm not sure, but that could be it. If I log out, it drops to 40% because of the absence of the loyalty reward, etc.

I'm not saying there isn't a glitch with the discounts not working as intended. That's the tricky and annoying thing with language like "Up to 85% Off", because it doesn't mean everything/everyone gets 85% off. So it isn't technically false advertising, because somebody or something gets it.

For those interested in Filter Forge, but don't necessarily have to have the latest version, consider checking in/subscribing to GiveAwayOfTheDay (I never know if links are okay or not). They host software offers that are free for one day. In the beginning of April 2016, they offered Filter Forge Pro 4 for free. At the end of March this year, they offered Filter Forge Pro 5 for free.

Never had any problems with them

I'm expecting FF 6 Pro to hit this spring, if they stick to the same schedule of when they give the copy to GiveAwayOfTheDay.

• nicstt said:
    L'Adair said:

Time to start a new thread. We went through the last one in just over two months!

Things are pretty quiet today, so I thought I'd get this started before things got lively and we had to split a conversation between two threads.

Nice. didn't know we could start a new thread ourselves to continue one. Seem to remember the mods always doing it in the past.

Going to be interesting having a thread after Xmas with "Bah Humbug" in the title, LOL

Bring on the glitches!

I guess we can always start a new thread whenever we wish; but yes normally the mods would split off the thread and whoever had the first post on page 101 of the old thread would thus have the first post and be the OP of the new split-off thread.

Bah Humbug sounds a little depressing. How about "Happy Holidays: There is Always a New Sale"?

Personally, bah humbug is more fun.

I have a million strangers, parrotting happy whatever, in a dead monotone; bah humbuh is said with feeling and various levels of amusement - I'll take the latter choice anyday.

Not me. I've not had a single person "parrotting happy whatever, in a dead monotone" to me so far this year. And I've seen people say "bah humbug" more often with a "dead monotone" then with feeling. Plus, why are we judging what is good and bad by if it's said with "feeling and various levels of amusement"? Just because something is said with "feeling" or "amusement" doesn't mean it's a good thing. 

I like the new thread title. :) 

Edit - Or I DID like the title when it was "Joy To The World". Now that it's back to "Bah Humbug" ...not at all. sad

Yeh. I liked the "Joy to the World" much better. It expressed our happiness for the gli... err sales.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

@L'Adair, those items show up for me as initally 67% off in the store before becoming 84% off in my cart. I do have a 30% "Loyalty reward" applying. As for the PA discount, I'm not sure, but that could be it. If I log out, it drops to 40% because of the absence of the loyalty reward, etc.

I'm not saying there isn't a glitch with the discounts not working as intended. That's the tricky and annoying thing with language like "Up to 85% Off", because it doesn't mean everything/everyone gets 85% off. So it isn't technically false advertising, because somebody or something gets it.

Yes, I agree.

I just wish businesses in general would realize how much language like that leads to bad feelings when people realize there are only one or two items at the best price, and everything else is at a typical discount. Meeting the letter of the law may not get a business in trouble with the FTC, but it can still be bad for business. I can't begin to count how many companies I've stopped shopping at over the past 40+ years because their advertising copy, while legally accurate, still felt deceptive to me.

By the way, I bought Sean recently, while he was still on sale at Rendo. Now that I've finished my first entry for the It's Raining Men contest, I'm going to spend some quality time with him in DS. Such a cutie.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    nicstt said:
    L'Adair said:

Time to start a new thread. We went through the last one in just over two months!

Things are pretty quiet today, so I thought I'd get this started before things got lively and we had to split a conversation between two threads.

Nice. didn't know we could start a new thread ourselves to continue one. Seem to remember the mods always doing it in the past.

Going to be interesting having a thread after Xmas with "Bah Humbug" in the title, LOL

Bring on the glitches!

I guess we can always start a new thread whenever we wish; but yes normally the mods would split off the thread and whoever had the first post on page 101 of the old thread would thus have the first post and be the OP of the new split-off thread.

Bah Humbug sounds a little depressing. How about "Happy Holidays: There is Always a New Sale"?

Personally, bah humbug is more fun.

I have a million strangers, parrotting happy whatever, in a dead monotone; bah humbuh is said with feeling and various levels of amusement - I'll take the latter choice anyday.

Not me. I've not had a single person "parrotting happy whatever, in a dead monotone" to me so far this year. And I've seen people say "bah humbug" more often with a "dead monotone" then with feeling. Plus, why are we judging what is good and bad by if it's said with "feeling and various levels of amusement"? Just because something is said with "feeling" or "amusement" doesn't mean it's a good thing. 

I like the new thread title. :) 

Edit - Or I DID like the title when it was "Joy To The World". Now that it's back to "Bah Humbug" ...not at all. sad

Yeh. I liked the "Joy to the World" much better. It expressed our happiness for the gli... err sales.

Maybe the title should be "Season's Gripings"?   :) 

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

Peace on Earth and goodwill to all - Joy To The Humbug! :)

• So, we're sure if I go into Paypal and cancel my reoccuring payments for PC+, if I have 1.5 years remaining, that stays true, I just won't renew on the renew dates in Paypal? 

I'm not cancelling my account, in other words, I'm cancelling my subscription renewal? 

• Yeh. I liked the "Joy to the World" much better. It expressed our happiness for the gli... err sales.

I'm kinda partial to "Ding dong the wicked glitch is dead"... cheeky

edited December 2017

So, we're sure if I go into Paypal and cancel my reoccuring payments for PC+, if I have 1.5 years remaining, that stays true, I just won't renew on the renew dates in Paypal? 

I'm not cancelling my account, in other words, I'm cancelling my subscription renewal? 

Yes. Paypal subscriptions only look at the date to take payment and how much to charge and where to send the payment. To prevent that, cancel the payment subscription on Paypal. To cancel you membership here, you have to cancel on your Platinum Club page. There is a link specifically for Canceling. Or you can untick the box titled "Recurring" in the right most column of Billing Info.

Post edited by L'Adair on
    Cybersox said:

Maybe the title should be "Season's Gripings"?   :) 

It's pretty obvious I cannot please all the people all of time. I promise to change it up every day or two, trying to please all of the people some of time.

In the meantime, Greetings of the Season to one and all, whether you celebrate Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice, or some holiday I'm ignorant of. May this season bring happiness, peace and joy into your life and may those feelings stay with you throughout the coming year.

(It is my intention to have fun with the title this month. It is not my intention to upset or offend anyone.)

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I love the title changing. Do have fun.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Or maybe "It's beginning to look a lot like Glitchmas"

• all the condiments of the seasonings?

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    Chohole said:

+1 lol I like that one!

• The Previous Generation Bundles are the up-to 85%, the add-ons are 60% off, as noted in the headings on those sections.

• Chohole said:

Another good one.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,169
    edited December 2017
    L'Adair said:

Feeld like a staple when it comes to glitching, but the freebees do not mix well with the PC+ Coupons. My cart  went from $21 to $24 upon adding the freebie since they ate up the coupon.

If you checked out after applying the coupon, you can contact Customer Service and they will refund you the difference. It is a well-known issue that the cart applies the coupon to all products that qualify, even the free ones.

Another glitch? It says you can get up to 85% off  featured bundles and add-ons, but even with the extra 30% off loyalty reward, it only comes out to 72% off. I tried Daz Originals and ones already on sale, they all come out to 72%

Some of the Daz Originals will show a 58% discount in the listings and on the product page. That discount is a combination of the member discount and the Featured Artist. I've seen those go to 84%-85% off, as reported by Daz Deals. However, those are few and far between. I've checked several days using the % Off filter from Daz Deals. One day, even with products I own visible, I found one product at 58%. Even with only one item going that low, the statement is true, and pretty common adspeak. It's still really annoying to have to search through 469 products to try to find any that go into the cart at 85% off.

I think the reference to 85% off is referring to these items, not the Add-ons list (even though clicking on the box goes there). The "Up to 85%" has been quoted every day since day one but the Previous Generation Add-ons have only ever been shown as 60% off for Gen8 owners (although some glitches and stacking discounts have improved on this at various times during the sale).

I take screen prints every day to keep track - the second attachment is the Add-ons offer on Day 1.

Capture.JPG
    1146 x 443 - 103K
    DAZ-Offers-2017-12-01-Offers-4.jpg
    990 x 518 - 80K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
    MelanieL said:
    L'Adair said:

Feeld like a staple when it comes to glitching, but the freebees do not mix well with the PC+ Coupons. My cart  went from $21 to $24 upon adding the freebie since they ate up the coupon.

If you checked out after applying the coupon, you can contact Customer Service and they will refund you the difference. It is a well-known issue that the cart applies the coupon to all products that qualify, even the free ones.

Another glitch? It says you can get up to 85% off  featured bundles and add-ons, but even with the extra 30% off loyalty reward, it only comes out to 72% off. I tried Daz Originals and ones already on sale, they all come out to 72%

Some of the Daz Originals will show a 58% discount in the listings and on the product page. That discount is a combination of the member discount and the Featured Artist. I've seen those go to 84%-85% off, as reported by Daz Deals. However, those are few and far between. I've checked several days using the % Off filter from Daz Deals. One day, even with products I own visible, I found one product at 58%. Even with only one item going that low, the statement is true, and pretty common adspeak. It's still really annoying to have to search through 469 products to try to find any that go into the cart at 85% off.

I think the reference to 85% off is referring to these items, not the Add-ons list (even though clicking on the box goes there). The "Up to 85%" has been quoted every day since day one but the Previous Generation Add-ons have only ever been shown as 60% off for Gen8 owners (although some glitches and stacking discounts have improved on this at various times during the sale).

I take screen prints every day to keep track - the second attachment is the Add-ons offer on Day 1.

Okay. It looks obvious now. However, the button text should be updated to reflect the offer it links to. Otherwise, it is misleading and confusing; both things that advertising should never be.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,169
    L'Adair said:
    MelanieL said:
    L'Adair said:

Okay. It looks obvious now. However, the button text should be updated to reflect the offer it links to. Otherwise, it is misleading and confusing; both things that advertising should never be.

I certainly would agree with that!

• Maybe someone already suggested: "You're a mean one, Mr. Glitch..." laugh

L'Adair said:
    By the way, I bought Sean recently, while he was still on sale at Rendo. Now that I've finished my first entry for the It's Raining Men contest, I'm going to spend some quality time with him in DS. Such a cutie.

Hope you enjoy him (that sounds kinda wrong, but you know what I mean). smiley

L'Adair said:

Hope you enjoy him (that sounds kinda wrong, but you know what I mean). smiley

LOL... Yes, I know what you mean. And I most certainly will "enjoy him."
    laugh

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I like the "bah humbug". It makes me laugh every time I see it here. laugh

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,035
    edited December 2017

Ok, maybe it's because I'm from Mexico (so english is my second language), but what does "Bah Humbug" mean? I thought it was just like saying: "Bah!" and "Humbug" was the sound of grumbling. But after the little controversy it caused, I'm left intrigued and confused. Is Bah Humbug a saying in the USA? If so, what does it mean? In what context do you use them?

PS: The first time I read it as "hamburger" XD

Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,789
    edited December 2017

Ok, maybe it's because I'm from Mexico (so english is my second language), but what does "Bah Humbug" mean? I thought it was just like saying: "Bah!" and "Humbug" was the sound of grumbling. But after the little controversy it caused, I'm left intrigued and confused. Is Bah Humbug a saying in the USA? If so, what does it mean? In what context do you use them?

It's British, from Charles Dickens' book, "A Christmas Carol".  The grumpy character Mr. Scrooge says it in response to those wishing him Merry Christmas.

A compilation... laugh

Post edited by WandW on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,282
    edited December 2017

Actually it's English Circa 1843 first spoken by Ebenezer Scrooge in Charles Dickens's "A Christmas Carol"

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bah_humbug

Post edited by Robert Freise on
  • OOPs we posted at same time

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited December 2017

"Bah" was usually used for disdain or contempt. "Humbug" is old slang for fraud or hoax. Most of the people I've seen use it meant it as a middle finger to the holiday season. As such it pretty much expresses the opposite of what the season is meant to represent: Love, Giving, Joy, Gratitude, etc.

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Did I hear Scrooge McDuck in there? wink

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,604
    Chohole said:

LMAO, I like it!

RoseOne3 said:

Maybe someone already suggested: "You're a mean one, Mr. Glitch..." laugh

LOL, too funny and fitting for when you have to dump your cart, LOL

This discussion has been closed.