JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS IV]

Comments

• BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thought Aslan Court would look interesting with a spot just picking up some detail and reflections. And a procession.

CatLady.jpg
    500 x 500 - 104K
  • Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,126
    edited December 1969

Baglet said:
    Thought Aslan Court would look interesting with a spot just picking up some detail and reflections. And a procession.

Very nice render :)

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 360
    edited December 1969

So, I first saw Aslan's Court when I wasn't logged in and was like, "That's so amazing! When will I be able to afford it?" Then I opened the page and saw $7 and couldn't believe it. Then I logged in and saw it was $2. I feel like I robbed you. :P Of course, I think I've mentioned that I'm a huge fan of anything Middle Eastern you make. ;)

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited June 2013

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

My first glance at that made me think of one of Escher's crazy but ingenious images.
  • SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

Hey, new guy... (JT) What's going on with the PC right now? Prices are not showing correctly. I am logged in, but everything is marked at various discounts but not the usual $1.99. I'm sure it's just glitchy because of the sale, but I was planning some purchases and would rather pay $1.99 than $6.99, if you know what I mean.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

This one features Parkside Point Interior (as well as ARTCollaborations' Royal Court Props), and stars Doyle for M5 as King Jack.

Rather cheekily I call this "The Madness of King Jack" (though I feel somewhat more justified in that choice of title with today's news... ;-P )

Reports of his death proved to be false. Rumors of his madness were all too true...

DS4.5 render...no postwork.

kingjack1d.jpg
    1100 x 2000 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Zaarin said:
    So, I first saw Aslan's Court when I wasn't logged in and was like, "That's so amazing! When will I be able to afford it?" Then I opened the page and saw $7 and couldn't believe it. Then I logged in and saw it was $2. I feel like I robbed you. :P Of course, I think I've mentioned that I'm a huge fan of anything Middle Eastern you make. ;)

Thanks.. and yea, if you wish to make a donation my paypal address is .. ;)

edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    Hey, new guy... (JT) What's going on with the PC right now? Prices are not showing correctly. I am logged in, but everything is marked at various discounts but not the usual $1.99. I'm sure it's just glitchy because of the sale, but I was planning some purchases and would rather pay $1.99 than $6.99, if you know what I mean.

Hmm at a glance prices seem ok here.. what items are you having probs with?

edited June 2013

edited December 1969

Slosh said:

All of them... Hopefully you can see in this pic that I am logged in and on the PC page, but the items are not $1.99 on screen or in my cart.

Capture.PNG
    770 x 915 - 940K
    edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    Slosh said:

All of them... Hopefully you can see in this pic that I am logged in and on the PC page, but the items are not $1.99 on screen or in my cart.

Obvious question, but I'll ask anyway.. have you checked your subscription hasn't expired (either rightly or wrongly).. might have to fire a ticket to support and have them look into it.

edited December 1969

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/8679345151/in/photostream

I called this render "Waiting Prince", and as you can see - he's impatient... It's David 5 with Michael 5's base-texture (Phillip).

Heh cool.. what's he impatient about?

edited June 2013

edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    Slosh said:

Obvious question, but I'll ask anyway.. have you checked your subscription hasn't expired (either rightly or wrongly).. might have to fire a ticket to support and have them look into it.

Nope. Says it's active until May 1st. I guess I will need to submit a ticket either way.

• edited December 1969

Just a little OT, but the "Kingdom of Marrakesh" product is probably all that's left of a complete model resembling the 1,000 year-old real world Aleppo shrine which has been, as news media have recently reported, destroyed by unrest in the country.

( Note: Marrekech is actually a city in Morocco)

edited December 1969

Yeah, actually there doesn't seem to be a PC discount showing on anything for me. DAZ originals are supposed to be 50% off for PC members, but when I go to browse all DAZ originals, I get 0% on some things and anywhere from 30-36% on others.

edited December 1969

You, Jack. He's waiting for Aslan Court 2... :lol:

Ooh, well it's in the can.. will be out erm, zoon! ;)

edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    Slosh said:
    Slosh said:

Nope. Says it's active until May 1st. I guess I will need to submit a ticket either way.

Hmm, yea I think that's the best bet.. not sure what else it would be tbh.

edited December 1969

Just a little OT, but the "Kingdom of Marrakesh" product is probably all that's left of a complete model resembling the 1,000 year-old real world Aleppo shrine which has been, as news media have recently reported, destroyed by unrest in the country.

That sucks to hear :(

edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    Yeah, actually there doesn't seem to be a PC discount showing on anything for me. DAZ originals are supposed to be 50% off for PC members, but when I go to browse all DAZ originals, I get 0% on some things and anywhere from 30-36% on others.

Somethings definitely up then.. you done the old, log out, clear cache trick? just to rule that out while you want on CS to get back to you..

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Slosh, for some reason you are not showing as a PC member in your profile, so yes you do need to submit a ticket.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Slosh, for some reason you are not showing as a PC member in your profile, so yes you do need to submit a ticket.

Ah yea, forgot to check that!.. well spotted :)

edited December 1969

Slosh said:

Somethings definitely up then.. you done the old, log out, clear cache trick? just to rule that out while you want on CS to get back to you..

Yes, unfortunately none of that worked. Deleted browsing history, cleared files through IE including cookies, deleted all temp files through explorer. Logged out, then in, then out, then in. Restarted my computer, etc. Never seen anything like it.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Oh, did not think to look there. Wonder what's up with that? My subscription is still showing as active under my account/subscriptions.

edited December 1969

a couple of people have had this problem. A support ticket will get it sorted ASAP. I have mentioend it in our Chat room as well, so hopefully Britney will pick up on it when she comes in.

edited December 1969

We know that getting a refund tends to break the PC Subscription, so it's wise to check your status if you do that. If that doesn't account for the problems you may need to ask Sales to check your account - there may be something cross-wobbed.

Seems to have happened in the past as well. This must be it. I won't further hijack this thread talking about it, it's not related to this at all. I was just razzing Jack since he is the new PC Admin... Thanks all for your help and suggestions.

I did get a refund on my David 5 bundle earlier today, that must be what caused it.

edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    We know that getting a refund tends to break the PC Subscription, so it's wise to check your status if you do that. If that doesn't account for the problems you may need to ask Sales to check your account - there may be something cross-wobbed.

Seems to have happened in the past as well. This must be it. I won't further hijack this thread talking about it, it's not related to this at all. I was just razzing Jack since he is the new PC Admin... Thanks all for your help and suggestions.

I did get a refund on my David 5 bundle earlier today, that must be what caused it.

Ah, glad to see some lights been shed on it.. hope you get it sorted out quickly :)

edited December 1969

I know that you said Aslan Court needed a sold computer, but although I could load it and render in Poser, it totally threw a wobbly when I tried to load it in Brycer fully textured. I Decided it was probably the plethora of texture maps as Bryce helpfully uncompresses jpgs back to tiff size in bk. So I decided to try retexturing it almost completely using Bryce procedural textures. Ecept for the centre floor and the transmaps.

What you reckon

Aslans_Court_1.jpg
    900 x 675 - 355K
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,510
    edited April 2013

Looking great Chohole!

Post edited by Totte on
This discussion has been closed.