JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS IV]

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

WOW!! Love both. Great renders!

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,120
    edited December 1969

Here's one I just finished. (at least I think it is finished...)

Made use of Neo Station (love that one) and put it inside of GIS Terminal. Inspired by the plastic raincoat scene from Blade Runner. :)

That's another excellent render - keep up the good work peeps!

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

Here's one I just finished. (at least I think it is finished...)

Made use of Neo Station (love that one) and put it inside of GIS Terminal. Inspired by the plastic raincoat scene from Blade Runner. :)

That's another excellent render - keep up the good work peeps!

Much appreciated!

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Very cool Storypilot!!!

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,505
    edited December 1969

Tied to the tracks and the train's just coming.....

tracks_s.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 312K
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

Wow, that POV is pretty scary! Lay down flat!!

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

Is that the perpetrator? The squirrel? :bug:

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

Wow, that POV is pretty scary! Lay down flat!!

So true, I want to suck in my breath and shrink down just looking at that. Cool one, Totte!

edited December 1969

Totte said:

Is that the perpetrator? The squirrel? :bug:

lol, I didn't even notice him to start with!

It's gotta be the squirrel!

edited April 2013

Thanks!
    And the squirrel is there, but he is innocent

Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Thanks!
    And they the squirrel is there, but he is innocent

...until proven guilty? ;)

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

Oh no, there is nothing innocent about squirrels! Don't let those fuzzy little cheeks fool you. Bunch of nut-stealing, tree-climbing, good-for-nothing, make-your-dog-bark-like-an-idiot, cute little fuzzy wuzzies! Great pic, Totte. I don't think enough people experiment with POV. Would have liked a bit more lighting, though. Or maybe it's my monitor. Either way, great job.

edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    Oh no, there is nothing innocent about squirrels! Don't let those fuzzy little cheeks fool you. Bunch of nut-stealing, tree-climbing, good-for-nothing, make-your-dog-bark-like-an-idiot, cute little fuzzy wuzzies! Great pic, Totte. I don't think enough people experiment with POV. Would have liked a bit more lighting, though. Or maybe it's my monitor. Either way, great job.

Thanks, and statistically you're more likely to be run over by a train in the dark (as no one sees you can come to your rescue)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    Oh no, there is nothing innocent about squirrels! Don't let those fuzzy little cheeks fool you. Bunch of nut-stealing, tree-climbing, good-for-nothing, make-your-dog-bark-like-an-idiot, cute little fuzzy wuzzies!
    see Slosh knows, never trust a squirrel...ever.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2013

Non Jack Tomalin render drop but http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/20216/P30/#301757

"Support your Local Squire oops I mean Squirrel"

Post edited by Chohole on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

see they have even brain washed our chohole.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Non Jack Tomalin render drop but http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/20216/P30/#301757

"Support your Local Squire oops I mean Squirrel"

lol.. nice render :)

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,261
    edited December 1969

Squirrel
    Cue up song" The Great Pretender"

edited December 1969

We used to have a very acrobatic squirrel in our garden in the hosue we moved from. He was always raiding the bird feeders, so we tried stringing a wire, just ordinary garden wire, across from the top of the trellis to the top of the greenhouse, and then suspended the bird feeders from that. So the Squirrel learned to tightrope walk and then did a trapeze act hanging upside down from the wire to get to the feeder.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    We used to have a very acrobatic squirrel in our garden in the hosue we moved from. He was always raiding the bird feeders, so we tried stringing a wire, just ordinary garden wire, across from the top of the trellis to the top of the greenhouse, and then suspended the bird feeders from that. So the Squirrel learned to tightrope walk and then did a trapeze act hanging upside down from the wire to get to the feeder.

If he's willing to go through all that effort, you know he deserves that food!
    edited December 1969

My terriers used to hide round the corner, waiting for him to fall off, so they got to chase him LOL. Sometimes they would even go rushing round the corner barking to scare him, so he did fall off. Terriers can be wicked creatures, especially border terrors umm I mean terriers.

edited December 1969

In a similar vein - we have a squirrel digging huge holes in our lawn.. the wife is very animal-friendly, but also loves her garden so she's rather torn about what to do ;)

edited April 2013

Might sound stupid, but sprinkly cayenne pepper over the lawn where he is digging. He is probably after something he thinks he buried under there, squirrels lose their nuts all the time. THe also will go for things like crocus bulbs, or even tasty roots this time of year when nati=ural food is scarce.

Cayenne pepper won't hurt the squirrel, he just won't like it. You can in fact buy wild bird food which has cayenne in it, as the birds don't mind it at all, but the squirrels will leave it alone.

Also works on flower beds if you have someone else's cat using them as kitty litter trays.

Get a big bag of cheap cayenne pepper from ebay, as it can be quite expensive in the shops.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited December 1969

Get a cat? At least it isn't moles.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Might sound stupid, but sprinkly cayenne pepper over the lawn where he is digging. He is probably after something he thinks he buried under there, squirrels lose their nuts all the time. THe also will go for things like crocus bulbs, or even tasty roots this time of year when nati=ural food is scarce.

Cayenne pepper won't hurt the squirrel, he just won't like it. You can in fact buy wild bird food which has cayenne in it, as the birds don't mind it at all, but the squirrels will leave it alone.

Also works on flower beds if you have someone else's cat using them as kitty litter trays.

Get a big bag of cheap cayenne pepper from ebay, as it can be quite expensive in the shops.

Ah thanks! will definitely give that a whirl.. :)

edited December 1969

Get a cat? At least it isn't moles.

She's after enough animals as it is.. so will try and dodge another ;)

But yes, thankfully it's not moles!

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Used Dubious School House -- which comes with a ground plane and lovely fence (reflected in the windshield), thanks Jack! Shot in DS4.5Pro, rendered in LuxRender (via Luxus), postwork in GIMP. Also up in my deviantART gallery here.

Seeking Fire

PCI20130416-SeekingFire-x2000.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Used Dubious School House -- which comes with a ground plane and lovely fence (reflected in the windshield), thanks Jack! Shot in DS4.5Pro, rendered in LuxRender (via Luxus), postwork in GIMP. Also up in my deviantART gallery here.

Seeking Fire

Nice! You don't hang about either, lol ;)

edited December 1969

Looking at WestPark from a dubious school ground

kungszonen_s.jpg
    1800 x 1125 - 382K
    edited April 2013

Looks cool Totte, nice work :)

Edit: Where are all the BWC at? ;)

Post edited by Daz Jack Tomalin on
This discussion has been closed.