Hexagon on main store page.....?

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

I bet they add sculpting to Hexagon. That would be nice. 

There already and is great for making morphs I might add ;). I've used it for just that purpose many times :)

Laurie

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560

...OK, the Beta has appeared in the store.  There is also a companion file, Hexagon 2.5 Content which I've not seen before.  Not sure where this installs to.

• RalfZRalfZ Posts: 31

Hm, clicking on Hexagon Beta (free) leads to a 404 page. Hm.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

Downloaded the Beta and the 2.5 Content without a problem here.

• Just got Hexagon Beta in my Product page when trying to download there are no "Download" buttons displayed.

Got the latest DIM nothing shows after going through the instuctions!!

• Olderkat said:

Just got Hexagon Beta in my Product page when trying to download there are no "Download" buttons displayed.

As with DS, the beta has to be installed through DIM.

• Olderkat said:

Just got Hexagon Beta in my Product page when trying to download there are no "Download" buttons displayed.

Yes I understand that, but it's not showing in DIM and Yes I have follwed the instructions on the product page to the letter and as I said no download!!

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511

*dances* this is so awesome. I can't wait.  I still use hexagon regularly for morphs because it bridges with daz so easily! I am thrilled to see them supporting this again.

*dances in place more*

• Olderkat said:
    Olderkat said:

Yes I understand that, but it's not showing in DIM and Yes I have follwed the instructions on the product page to the letter and as I said no download!!

Please post a screenshot (or two, if needed to fit everything) of the Download Filters page of DIM.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

+1

*dances* this is so awesome. I can't wait.  I still use hexagon regularly for morphs because it bridges with daz so easily! I am thrilled to see them supporting this again.

*dances in place more*

Olderkat said:
    Olderkat said:

You did remember to "buy" the beta, right? :) Just making sure. It showed for me in DIM right away....

Laurie

• Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,732

I want to again thank DAZ for this significant update for Hexagon. However I will sit this one out. I'm just recovering from my cataract surgery, and find myself emotionally and physically drained. I get my new eyeglasses next week. I intend to take it easy.

I want to again thank DAZ for this significant update for Hexagon. However I will sit this one out. I'm just recovering from my cataract surgery, and find myself emotionally and physically drained. I get my new eyeglasses next week. I intend to take it easy.

I could see how that would be a strain. Get well soon!

There will be plenty of hex in the future, let us be the beta monkeys ^_^

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560

...ah still not sure where the Hexagon Content goes.  Checking the package details in the DIM doesn't help.

• Olderkat said:

That means I'll have to hold off for the new full version. I don't use the DIM, and couldn't even if I wanted to as my computer doesn't have internet access. 

• kyoto kid said:

...ah still not sure where the Hexagon Content goes.  Checking the package details in the DIM doesn't help.

The content is going into the application folder - if you right-click in DIM and select Show installed Files the list of files is made up of links that will open a file browser to that location.

• ebergerlyebergerly Posts: 3,255

So just to be clear...this is presently a public beta with just some stability improvements and won't get additional improvements until 1Q 2018, right? So for those who haven't had stability issues it's really nothing new? 

ebergerly said:

So just to be clear...this is presently a public beta with just some stability improvements and won't get additional improvements until 1Q 2018, right? So for those who haven't had stability issues it's really nothing new? 

i would argue most of us have ^_^ though I have no interest in an argument.

Olderkat said:

That means I'll have to hold off for the new full version. I don't use the DIM, and couldn't even if I wanted to as my computer doesn't have internet access. 

I am in a similar boat, however excited to have an update in the near future. I won't be able to beta test but I'm optimistic about the final version. 

• Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,732

To be honest, Hexagon is wasted on me. I have no plans to create online content. I'm still excited that DAZ is finally able to move forward with Hexagon devlopment. It's been awhile. I hope the rest of you enjoy it!

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246

My experience with 3D-related software is interesting. It all started when I agonized over whether to choose DAZ Studio as my main tool. I finally bought DAZ Studio Advanced, just before it was given away.

I chuckled because I went through the same process of hemming and hawing and finally taking the plunge on DS Advanced on a sale for I think $100 and then like two months later they made it free. Well, it didn't invalidate the license or anything so I got what I paid for so I'm over it now. 

edited December 2017
    ebergerly said:

There is a beta .exe file showing up in my "Program Files" folder. The old release version (and also a beta version) is in the "Program Files (x86)" folder. This tells me there is a 64 bit version in addition to a 32 bit version of the beta. However, when I check the supposed "64 bit" version in Task Manager, it's not 64, but 32 bit. Bummer.

I would say that, at least for now, it's really nothing new if you're currently not having problems with the release version of Hex.

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • AllenArt said:
    ebergerly said:

There is a beta .exe file showing up in my "Program Files" folder. The old release version (and also a beta version) is in the "Program Files (x86)" folder. This tells me there is a 64 bit version in addition to a 32 bit version of the beta. However, when I check the supposed "64 bit" version in Task Manager, it's not 64, but 32 bit. Bummer.

Right, the 64 bit is planned for later - this is mainly a bug fix update

AllenArt said:

I would say that, at least for now, it's really nothing new if you're currently not having problems with the release version of Hex.

Laurie

It's a good diea to get the beta and give it a try, in case fixing one of the bugs that didn't affect you has led to a change that does. Betas are your chance to speak now, so don't pass them up entirely.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

which is the official beta thread ?

• To be honest, Hexagon is wasted on me. I have no plans to create online content. I'm still excited that DAZ is finally able to move forward with Hexagon devlopment. It's been awhile. I hope the rest of you enjoy it!

It's good for making content for your own use too. So far, everything I've made to date has remained for my exclusive use. 

thx Richard

people are frightened to go into the deep forum cellar i think

• Ruphuss said:

thx Richard

people are frightened to go into the deep forum cellar i think

Yeah, one person loses a limb and suddenly everyone gets skittish.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,003

He didn't lose a limb... all they found was a limb...

now people look what nice models (obj) you get with the new beta content

• DAZ_Steve said:

One of the big questions seems to be around what the plans are (and if there are any updates to) Hexagon.  So let me chime in and answer that:

We currently have a new version of Hexagon in private beta, and expect it to be public beta (including DIM installers) within a couple of weeks.  This new version has minor cosmetic updates and a lot of stability improvements.

We also have updates planned for Q1 2018 including (but not limited to) 64 bit support.  

We also have more ideas for 2018 (and the future) and plan for Hexagon to be a key and growing component of our free oferring to customers.

I see version 2.5.1.79 in the downloads section. That's the old version, right? Will there be a more stable release coming? What's the version number going to be?

thanks.