Animation Club starting another animation, "My Favorite Alien" modeling starting .

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,219
    Stezza said:

I’ll have a go at a toony space ship :-)

I was actually hoping you would say that ;)

Stezza said:

I’ll have a go at a toony space ship :-)

is this ok?

No. "Okay" is not a good word for this, perfect ship for the project! Absolutely Perfect! 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,798

ok

thanks Dart smiley

attached is the zip file... it's very small in size only 22kb

I smoothed it to a value of 3 for best appearance, shading domains added, Carrara standard plastic shaders were used. Unzip to your Carrara My Preset Objects Folder or wherever you like.

Free for the Carrara animation club to play with and modify to your hearts content for improvements. Not for resale.

zip
    zip
    UFO.zip
  • DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    mmoir said:

Dudu, 

Do whatever you want to do.....  It looks like the spaceship and living room are spoken for by  Stezza and MDO2010.   You could model the Front interior entrance(door,closet) of the house or one of the three characters.

Great response guys.  

Mike, could you clarify what is a "closet", my translator has a bunch of different words for that.

• mmoirmmoir Posts: 821

Hey Dudu ,  A closet is a place you put coats and boots at the front entrance of a house. Something like attached.

DUDU said:
    mmoir said:

Dudu, 

Do whatever you want to do.....  It looks like the spaceship and living room are spoken for by  Stezza and MDO2010.   You could model the Front interior entrance(door,closet) of the house or one of the three characters.

Great response guys.  

Mike, could you clarify what is a "closet", my translator has a bunch of different words for that.

closet example.jpg
    683 x 597 - 56K
    edited November 2017

Stezza,  This is perfect like Dart said.  Awesome.

Stezza said:

ok

thanks Dart smiley

attached is the zip file... it's very small in size only 22kb

I smoothed it to a value of 3 for best appearance, shading domains added, Carrara standard plastic shaders were used. Unzip to your Carrara My Preset Objects Folder or wherever you like.

Free for the Carrara animation club to play with and modify to your hearts content for improvements. Not for resale.

Post edited by mmoir on

DIomede,  Sure , go ahead.   I don't know what MDO meant by " living room"  I am assuming the room(walls,floor, windows etc. ) is what he meant.

Diomede said:

Hey!  Welcome, Chickenman.  Great to see you posting.  Hope all is well.

RE: the animation project - I'd be happy to model something.  If it is not taken, I can model the TV and TV stand.  Or, whatever else might be useful.

• I was kind of thinking the whole thing, with furniture, but I'll just do the room itself so more people can participate.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Sorry, Mark.  I can do something else. 

How about I model the alien?  I can model and rig the alien and include uvmaps, and then someone else can texture the alien by either taking into Gimp/Photoshop or using 3D paint.

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited November 2017

Here's the living room:

It's pretty simple. The walls are each separate objects so they can be hidden for camera setup. Separate materials for floor, inside walls, outside walls, window glass, window frame, curtains and floor.

LivingRoomScreenshot.JPG
    1875 x 900 - 142K
    zip
    zip
    LivingRoom.zip
    Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
    edited November 2017
    Diomede said:

Sorry, Mark.  I can do something else. 

How about I model the alien?  I can model and rig the alien and include uvmaps, and then someone else can texture the alien by either taking into Gimp/Photoshop or using 3D paint.

That's OK - go ahead!

I'll do an area rug and the couch and maybe a simple lamp, but if anyone else wants to do other furniture for the room, knock yourself out.

Diomede said:

Yes. Please do. If nobody else wants to texture him/her/it... I would be happy to - though I'm not accustomed to Toon style work.

• Actually - I'm probably not going to have time in the next couple days to do any more, so anyone who wants to should feel free to make furniture for the living room.

Here is a start to the Girl model, I havn't decided on the final hair color. I think orange or yellow could work better.   Just shaders no tmaps used yet.  

GirlModelHead.jpg
    771 x 810 - 55K

Excellent girl, Mike.  Very expressive face.  

Here is a WIP for the alien.  Have morphs to make the arms thicker, the eyes bulge, and the mouth smile.  Have bones for the left side, but no IK chains or constraints yet.  There are bones in the snout to wiggle the mouth a little.  Hope to finish rigging later this weekend.  Shaders are just colors, except the logo on his uniform.

Alien Test Render.jpg
    480 x 640 - 24K

Diomede,  Great looking alien..  For the most part I think just colors  for shaders are fine.

Diomede said:

Excellent girl, Mike.  Very expressive face.  

Here is a WIP for the alien.  Have morphs to make the arms thicker, the eyes bulge, and the mouth smile.  Have bones for the left side, but no IK chains or constraints yet.  There are bones in the snout to wiggle the mouth a little.  Hope to finish rigging later this weekend.  Shaders are just colors, except the logo on his uniform.

OK Mike, I'm working on the front entrance...

What kind of sequence in this room?

edited November 2017

I had a little time this morning and made a simple couch with some painted textures and painted a toon texture for the floor that can just be dropped into the color channel for the floor of the living room if you want. It's not great, but with a rug and some furniture over part of it it should work OK.

FloorAndCouchScreenshot.JPG
    1622 x 927 - 118K
    zip
    zip
    Couch.zip
    FloorColor.png
    2048 x 2048 - 2M

Dudu,  Whatever you want is fine.  

DUDU said:

OK Mike, I'm working on the front entrance...

What kind of sequence in this room?

MDO,  This looks great.    I will have to put everyones completed models in the top model post above sometime.  frown 

MDO2010 said:

I had a little time this morning and made a simple couch with some painted textures and painted a toon texture for the floor that can just be dropped into the color channel for the floor of the living room if you want. It's not great, but with a rug and some furniture over part of it it should work OK.

Okay,here is the completed Girl model,this time with black hair..  Have to add some morphs and than rig it. 

GirlModelFull.jpg
    1000 x 524 - 46K

Awesome work you guys!

edited November 2017

It is perhaps not useful here, but I have a minor problem: the handle of the door is related to the door, but when I open it (deformation zone), the handle does not remain related to the door.
    I could use the usual rotation tool simply, but I wonder why that doesn't work in this case…

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/7c/53a393764dfd30e1e0ade5fbd50cf5.jpg

Capture2.JPG
    1220 x 631 - 72K
    Post edited by DUDU on
    edited November 2017

I think that's because the handle isn't affected by the morph because it is a separate piece? As far as the handle is concerned the door is not moving.

I think that for hard-surface/mechanical movment the best way is constraints, not morphs?

I would just use the rotation tool as you suggested as an alternative, with the door's pivot point moved to the edge where the hinges would be and constraints applied so it only rotates as much as a door would.

DoorConstrained.JPG
    1866 x 978 - 206K

Yes, it is a morph, after all!
    The solution will be to copy the handle and to paste it in the modeling room of the door… Thanks for your test!

No, that doesn't work!

Very strange...

Capture4.JPG
    644 x 414 - 23K
    Capture3.JPG
    500 x 309 - 18K
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Normally I would parent & constrain for something like a door & handle combination. You do have to remember to zero the handle on its axis of rotation in the vertex room, so it will turn correctly, and then move it into position in the assembly room. (also the door must be zeroed on its hinges in the same way).

Another option is to rig it, with bones for the door & handle. My personal preference there is to rig it in DS and then back-import it, because hard body rigging in Carrara is far, far, FAR harder than it needs to be!

Yeah, the only way for it to follow the morph would be to include it moving with everything else directly within the morph - or to create a morph for the handle to try and follow it... but like others have recommended, it's best to just not use the morph at all.

• Save the door mesh separate from the frame
    • Set the Hotpoint for the door along the axis of the hinges location
    • Parent the handle to the door

In this manner, no rig or morphs are needed

Hey Dudu,   The entrance is looking good.   I think you could use a morph for the  handle but I think you should rotate/anmiate the door and handle as one object in the Assembly room , then use your morph to rotate the handle.  Like others have said , parenting the door to the handle is probably the best way to go..    

DUDU said:

Yes, it is a morph, after all!
    The solution will be to copy the handle and to paste it in the modeling room of the door… Thanks for your test!

OK, I will do that.

Thanks.

I have set up constraints and edited the weightmaps.  I did not create IK chains.  I have included a template for the UVs and the map that has the logo.  Let me know if something doesn't work or is not correct.

zip
    zip
    Alien Animation Group.zip
    2M
    test render alien.jpg
    640 x 480 - 17K