Animation Club starting another animation, "My Favorite Alien" modeling starting .

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,224

He can walk, he can talk (though nobody can understand that alien gibberish!), he's out of this world!!!

Nice job, Diomede!

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

He can walk... and he can open a door!

Here is my job for this project, if I must change or add something, tell it.

Everything is "home made", the door and the closet are animatables, constraint for the main door, morphes for it's handel and the closet.

http://mhdproductions.be/Carrarators/HallEntree.zip

Hall d'entrée.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 127K
  • MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited November 2017

Lamp for the living room.

Two material zones (lamp base and lampshade) plus parented bulb light. The materials are just color, plus some translucency on the lampshade so those can be changed to match the final look.

LampRender.jpg
    640 x 480 - 12K
    zip
    zip
    Lamp.zip
    LampRender02.jpg
    640 x 480 - 12K
    LampScreenshot.JPG
    1848 x 934 - 132K
    Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
    DUDU said:

He can walk... and he can open a door!

Here is my job for this project, if I must change or add something, tell it.

Everything is "home made", the door and the closet are animatables, constraint for the main door, morphes for it's handel and the closet.

http://mhdproductions.be/Carrarators/HallEntree.zip

Does this include the physics sim of us blowing it up? I think the alien comes in without using the door, if I'm not mistaken! LOL

Okay, kidding, of course. But....

MDO2010 said:

Lamp for the living room.

Two material zones (lamp base and lampshade) plus parented bulb light. The materials are just color, plus some translucency on the lampshade so those can be changed to match the final look.

Awesome!

• mmoirmmoir Posts: 821

Diomede,MDO, Dudu.   Great stuff with the modeling.   

Dart ,   I actually thought of the alien being able to walk through glass but not walls or something like that . 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802
    Diomede said:

I have set up constraints and edited the weightmaps.  I did not create IK chains.  I have included a template for the UVs and the map that has the logo.  Let me know if something doesn't work or is not correct.

Free for the Carrara animation club to play with and modify to your hearts content for improvements. Not for resale.

thanks @diomede

great alien guy to work with yes

I hate rigging and weight mapping! can never get it right

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,079

Stezza, I saw your alien in the other thread.  It has much more expressive facial features than the one I posted.  Would people prefer that one (assumng you are willing)?  My stubby little short guy does not have much range of motion.  

Just as a test, I've made some NLA clip poses for the alien that I posted.  I am attaching here.  If people are able to successfully use NLA clips posted in his way, I can make some more.  Would appreciate hearing a yay or nay on successful testing before I make more.

zip
    zip
    Pose Alien Sit Pilot.zip
    Pilot Steering Pose.jpg
    480 x 640 - 29K
    Thinking.jpg
    480 x 640 - 30K
    Zero Pose.jpg
    480 x 640 - 30K

Have both if you like... yours takes precidence though...

Footwarble ( that's what I call him ) is attached in the zip file 32kb in size.. If you like you can do whatever with him.. some reckon he resembles a character from spongebob squarepants ..... cool devil

Footwarble.jpg
    777 x 690 - 62K
    zip
    zip
    Footwarble.zip
  • Is it too late to volunteer? I'm not good at animation but I can model in Carrara with the best of them. :)

Thank you, Wikitime.  Here is the list Mike posted.  You could take a look at some of the toon rooms at his link and pick something, including the TV and stand.  Or, anything else.  We have the room walls/door, couch, light, alien ship, little girl, and two aliens.

Okay, with no more suggestions I guess it is " My favourite Alien"   for the theme for our cartoon.   

So, if anyone wants to start modeling just  post in here what you want to model. We will need the following.

- Living room , with at least one window, couches , tv  etc.   see these images.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=cartoon+living+room&client=firefox-b&dcr=0&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiXybX179TXAhUK34MKHV7wDfAQsAQIJw&biw=1222&bih=693

-Front door and closet to house.

-we will need the three characters .  Girl, Alien and babysitter..

-The alien ship , very simple cartoon type ship or whatever you like really.

Just let us know what you intend to model or if you already have a model done that is fine too.

Cheers

• I can do the TV and stand. Are we going with a retro look?

• One TV, coming up. :)

TV.jpg
    1440 x 900 - 231K

Great modeling progress guys.  Stezza , I am sure we can work another alien into the story.    Cool looking poses Diomede.  

Wikitime.   A tv and stand would be great.   Thanks.

When most everything is modeled I will download everything and put it into one file for people to use. 

wikitime said:

One TV, coming up. :)

a set on antennas on top of the TV will get the aliens excited cool

maybe @diomede can rig & weightmap Footwarble for us... heart

mmoir said:

Diomede,MDO, Dudu.   Great stuff with the modeling.   

Dart ,   I actually thought of the alien being able to walk through glass but not walls or something like that . 

Fantastic! I can create wonderful modeled and post vfx to make that happen, if you use the idea! ;)

Great work, all! This is great!

I'd love it if we could use both aliens - but we'll let the story dictate ;)

Hey all,   The girl is rigged now and has a bunch of morphs for the eyes,mouth,face,dress etc.  I added a character I did for the Easy Come Easy Go project from long ago, we can use him for a "dad" character. Here is a picture of the 2 together.   If someone has a good "bad babysitter" character modeled or wants to model one let us know.  

Stezza ,, I agree, rabbit ears (antenna) would go great on the tv. 

Dart.  great to know about the VFX is doable for our alien superpowers .

GirlRiggedFather.jpg
    1100 x 604 - 61K
    edited November 2017

Diomede ,  can we use these 2 characters ...  The man we could use for a NASA type guy investigating reports of UFO sitings in the area and the boy could be an older brother or the babysitter.  Let me know .

Thanks.

Diomede said:

How evil does the scientist have to be?  Could the scientist just be quasi-evil?

Post edited by mmoir on

Sure thing, Mike.  They were quick low res figures that I made for 2 different monthly challenges and rigged for specific poses.  I will check to see if I saved versions with better rigging.  Will post what I have later today or tomorrow.

Thanks, Diomede..   I am gathering all the models done so far and putting them in one file so people only have to download one file to get all the models.

Diomede said:

Sure thing, Mike.  They were quick low res figures that I made for 2 different monthly challenges and rigged for specific poses.  I will check to see if I saved versions with better rigging.  Will post what I have later today or tomorrow.

Well, here are the backup moels that I keep in my "various" folder.  It will take longer to check for any surviving versions that might have rigging and weightmapping.  The originals of these (and some other early challenge projects) died in computer migrations.

Attached as zip.

Free for use but not for resale

zip
    zip
    Scientist andKid Zip.zip

Okay , I have put all the models together into one file.   I am still waiting on the TV model and was going to rig the Scientist guy and boy and add some morphs to them before I upload the file for everyone.

Here is a picture of the Entry area with all the characters/models and the living room scene.We can start thinking about what animations we want to do with our characters/sets.

SceneEntry.jpg
    1416 x 860 - 116K
    SceneLivingRm.jpg
    1223 x 865 - 57K

yes

how cool are these yes

I knocked up a basic backup telly in case wikitime hasn't got the time to finish his off...

modified Carrara shaders... free to use for the Carrara Animation Club yes

TV.jpg
    640 x 480 - 85K
    zip
    zip
    TV.zip

What a fine TV! Thanks Stezza, for knocking this out! It's really cool looking!

Stezza, great looking tv.   yes

thanks... don't know what the reception will be like though lol laugh

Stezza said:

thanks... don't know what the reception will be like though lol laugh

I have cable. We can hook it up over here when we render it! ;)

Okay guys

Here is the Carrara file with all the characters rigged and morphs applied. I added a morph to open the hatch of the ufo also. The only one not rigged is the Footworble . 

Now people can start to animate some clips. Here is a couple of clips people can start with, remember to keep the length of each clip fairly short(5-15secs)

Clip 1. Girl watching tv. She can look a little bored.  However you want to show this is fine.

Clip 2. Close up of Girl saying " Dad I am bored"

Clip 3  Showing the alien/ship flying through space heading for earth.We don't need to see the earth but that is the intent.  You will need to make your own background sets (stars, Planets etc.) for this.

We can start with these and see how it goes and have some fun with it.  It is fine to have more than 1 of each clip so whoever wants to try to animate a clip go ahead.

EntranceCamView.jpg
    900 x 587 - 79K
    LivingRoomCam3.jpg
    1212 x 861 - 77K
    LivingRoomSet.jpg
    800 x 500 - 50K