Using the New Forums (In Progress) - Please Post Questions and Issues Here !

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    RAMWolff said:

I do often hit the store in the AM to check up on new lights and what not but even if I'm logged in there I can go to the forum and a good many times I'm logged out as the page is loading.  So this little link at the bottom of the page this AM is usually just a link to my log on page, which is just more clicks.  This AM it logged me in from that link without having to go to the logon page and then back to the forum page....

I never see a login link at the bottom of a forum page. Next time you see it, screen capture it and show it here, please.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    barbult said:
    RAMWolff said:

I do often hit the store in the AM to check up on new lights and what not but even if I'm logged in there I can go to the forum and a good many times I'm logged out as the page is loading.  So this little link at the bottom of the page this AM is usually just a link to my log on page, which is just more clicks.  This AM it logged me in from that link without having to go to the logon page and then back to the forum page....

I never see a login link at the bottom of a forum page. Next time you see it, screen capture it and show it here, please.

+1

Dana

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140

Usually appears at the bottom of the forum page on the left side of the screen....

SignIn.jpg
    298 x 83 - 7K
  • I don't know if its been mentioned, but there doesnt seem to be a way to view a forum user's posts or threads. I clicked the little gear on the profile and chose 'view user's posts' but the comments area was blank.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    vex3d said:

I don't know if its been mentioned, but there doesnt seem to be a way to view a forum user's posts or threads. I clicked the little gear on the profile and chose 'view user's posts' but the comments area was blank.

Works fine here. Did that user have posts? Thread-starting posts are not included under "posts", if I remember correctly.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited October 2017

Like to make a request for the overall site, but it also includes the forums as this is stickied at the top of the page. Can we get them to add Product Library to the dropdown from the blue man that lists  My Account, Wishlist, Orders...etc.  I hate having to go to My Account then finding the Product Library from there. Many times people will mention a product in the forums, NOT take the time to link it but are asking for help. And we all know how the search function is, you get a boatload of stuff, and three rows of images or more to sort through. Yuck.

If the Product Library were an easy link in the dropdown, we could click it and quickly see if we own the product. I've stopped even trying to help people if they don't link the product frankly, but this other way I could copy/paste the product from their post, one click to product library and paste it and quickly see if I have it.   

Post edited by Novica on

OK, something I keep fogetting to post here. I think part of my constant sign out issue is that when I get my email notifications for various threads I'm sub'd to I get a sign in on some and my zoom levels are back to 100%.. I have them set by default at 133% for visual comfort so when this happens I think "What's going on now?" but then I think is DAZ got various parts of the forums set up differently instead of having on cohesive forum set up?? 

This just happened to me when clicking on the Filter Forge threads notification .... I got the "signing you in" notification and the zoom levels were at 100%.  Other theads I've visited today I'm already signed in and the zoom levels were at 133%. 

• kalazarkalazar Posts: 415

How do you post links when entering contest for example the MonsterBash contest? Thank you.

eq: <a href="https://www.sharecg.com/v/69688/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Ghastlys-Ghastly-Zombie">Dark Zombi</a>

This is the way I use to post links but it's not working now. I have ask indifferent forums and private messaged the person running the conest ,but haven't gotten any replies...Sigh

edited October 2017
    kalazar said:

How do you post links when entering contest for example the MonsterBash contest? Thank you.

eq: <a href="https://www.sharecg.com/v/69688/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Ghastlys-Ghastly-Zombie">Dark Zombi</a>

This is the way I use to post links but it's not working now. I have ask indifferent forums and private messaged the person running the conest ,but haven't gotten any replies...Sigh

Hi!  When you are editing your post, at the top in the tools bar here is an icon to the right of the ABC spell check button that looks like links in a chain.  Click on that.  Then you can nter the link.   First, type the descriptive text, then highlight it and click on the link button.  In the Link Info tab, enter the link.  Then click on the Target tab, and from the drop-down select New Window (_blank).  That will cause it to open in a new tab in the browser, rather than moving to that link the current tab.

You will end up with it looking like this: Ghastly's Ghastly Zombie   smiley

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    kalazar said:

You can use the buttons like Dana suggested, or you can click the button called "source" (rightmost in the top row for me), and then you can type HTML manually. Links are probably faster inserted via buttons in the WYSIWYG editor, but having the source handy is still very useful to fix formatting and stuff.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,995

I have a question... Is there something like a timer that is supposed to log you out after a certain amount of time?

For way more then a year I can't stay logged in for more then twenty four hours... Usually far less, but I'm guessing far less... My visiting and commenting at the forums has greatly reduced over the last year or so, but I usually stop by in the morning as I'm having coffee, see what the topics are and leave and sometimes before I go to sleep... But I have to sign in every morning.

Random sign outs still occur, but I'm not here enough to say it's as big a problem as when I visited more frequently.

Oh yeah, and the other thing... Most of the time I'm signed out, the little blue "signed in" icon doesn't change... It indicates I'm signed in when I'm not... That has been a consistent oddity (or feature) since the forum change.

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited November 2017
    McGyver said:

I have a question... Is there something like a timer that is supposed to log you out after a certain amount of time?

Only for certain annoying people wink ... I think maybe they hope you'll give up and go away !

I reported all of that back in Nov 2015*.

And I mostly gave up and went away.

But I'm back !

*7 Nov 2015 - Bug report #204662 - "Abysmal Behaviour Of "Keep Me Logged In" Option On The DAZ Forums Looks Very Unprofessional" - closed mid 2016 after a 37 message backward and forwards trying to find the cause of it (closed without telling me,closed without resolving the problem,and closed by marking it 'solved'**)

29 Dec 2016 - Bug report  #234416 - Re: Abysmal Behaviour Of "Keep Me Logged In" Option On The DAZ Forums Looks Very Unprofessional - when I noticed it had been closed. "...Unfortunately the Web team simply doesn't have the resource to resolve the issue you reported..."

**DAZ 'solved' perhaps ? wink

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
    edited November 2017

I've just had a really odd version of that "Signing You Out..."problem-that-isn't-a-problem.

I was editing one of my posts (using FF56). I needed to add some cross-links to other threads in the DAZ forums. So I opened another browser window in which to find the relevant threads.

So I have two browser windows open side-by-side.

While I was finding threads in that 2nd browser window it did the old "Signing You Out..." rubbish on the 2nd window. Only on the 2nd window.

"Oh cr@p!" I thought, I hadn't saved the post I was editing in the other windows.I went to theother window and hit [Save Comment] expecting it to tell me to get lost because I'm no longer logged in.

However, it saved the post without any problem.

...and here's the odd bit...

It then signed me back in on the 2nd window...

edited November 2017

Just got kicked off again (an hour or so ago). I'd opened two tabs in the same Window from bookmarks (Freebie forum and Art Studio forum). Each tab logged me out,seemingly independently.

(I'm really bored. Can you tell?)

edited November 2017

Yes, I'm very annoying.

It's my superpower.

Here is a screen capture of the issue where it appears that I'm logged in but I'm not...

Circled at the bottom is the "log in/ sign up" button and up top is the arrow pointing to the "Logged In" icon... 

Post edited by McGyver on
  • McGyver said:

Yes, I'm very annoying.

It's my superpower.

Here is a screen capture of the issue where it appears that I'm logged in but I'm not...

Circled at the bottom is the "log in/ sign up" button and up top is the arrow pointing to the "Logged In" icon... 

I've run into this a few times; what's really odd is when you try to log out, and you get logged out of the forum part, but the main site still acts like you're logged in...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

secret is always to log in and out on the front page.

THere are 2 different softwares, the Forum is on one software and the store,wish list and Galleries is on anaother.   If you log in on the front page then you log into both of tham as they are linked.   If you just log in to the store then you are not logged in on the forums, and equally if you just log in on the forum then you are not logged in on the store.

I never log out... I get logged out... It's like a complimentary service...

From what I understand the different software for forums and store is a problem if you log in, in one and then visit the other... That's what was said several times earlier (unless I totally misunderstood)... But I get logged out regardless of where I log in... Mostly I log in at the forums, read a few threads then go away (not visiting the store) and when I come back the next morning, I'm logged out... With that weird half logged in/half logged out icon.

I only visit the store ever other day or two... But I'm logged out every morning when I return... As far as I've been able to tell, logging in on the front page has never made a difference, I'll still be logged out after a few hours.

My theory is the forum software just doesn't love me anymore...

But it's okay... I'll be fine.

Just fine...

I keep two tabs open and when I start up the browser, I log in on my account page.  Then I switch to the other tab which has the forums, refresh the page, and there I am.  I get the overlay with the message "Logging you in...".  If I put something into my shopping cart and check out, I am logged out of the forums.  If they are separate software, I have to ask...why?  Especially now, when both servers are protected by always-on SSL.  How does logging me out of the forum "protect me", when I've already made a purchase?  I didn't have to re-log in to make the purchase.  It just never made sense to me, this whole thing.  I guess it's the result of getting "canned" software to run your business.  Custom software is always better, you have more control...over the design, over the way it works, over the way different areas of the site integrate.  Taking canned software and writing additional code to integrate it with other canned software...it will never be 100%.  There will always be things that don't quite work the way you'd like.  After a certain amount of money has been spent on the endeavor, you have to either scrap it all, or be happy with what you have and move on.

And McGyver, no software loves anyone!  The best you can expect from software is to get along.  laugh

Dana

Chohole said:

secret is always to log in and out on the front page.

THere are 2 different softwares, the Forum is on one software and the store,wish list and Galleries is on anaother.   If you log in on the front page then you log into both of tham as they are linked.   If you just log in to the store then you are not logged in on the forums, and equally if you just log in on the forum then you are not logged in on the store.

I think that's not quite right.  If I'm logging in at the store level when I come to the forums I get the "logging you in" sign~  

edited November 2017
    Chohole said:

secret is always to log in and out on the front page...

As per the attached image, yes ? I believe I tried that in 2015 and had the same problem, but I can't be 100% certain. And things may have changed since then.

So I'm willing to test your statement. I've just logged out and then logged back in from the front page, as per the attached screenshot. I didn't close the browser between logging out and logging in. I had one browser window open, with four tabs: mail, ShareCG and two DAZ. And I'm apparently using Firefox Quantum 47.0 64-bit now - so maybe I'll get some solace from that.

Let's wait and see...

by the way I was kicked off once (definitely) or twice (possibly - I gave up keeping track a long time ago) between my last post (on the 13th) and this one (on the 17th)

loginhere.jpg
    922 x 431 - 60K
    edited November 2017
    Chohole said:

I'm afraid not.

I logged in like that two days ago (see previous post)

The system just logged me out.

Here we go round the mulberry bush, the mulberry bush, the mulberry bush...

BlueMan.jpg
    654 x 358 - 37K
  • Chohole said:

I'm afraid not.

I logged in like that two days ago.

The system just logged me out.

Here we go round the mulberry bush, the mulberry bush, the mulberry bush...

It's doing it to me too.

Yup, I as well.  For a while it seemed a bit better with the log outs and now it's back to more .... grrrrrrrr stupid really!  If we are on our own computers with our own security set ups and firewalls operational what's the big deal with having these cookies with such short life spans?  "keep my logged in" should mean just that!  

edited November 2017

Daywalker/RAMWolff/McGyver - what browser are you using ? It'd be nice to confirm that it's not browser-specific.

It's not.  Firefox continues to get worse, not better in how much memory it hogs on my system so I've been using MS Edge and two off shoots of Chrome, Slimjet and my main browser now, Vivaldi which I like allot.  ALL the browsers have me logging in and out of DAZ3D just as much as Firefox did.  It's a cookie issue, DAZ refuses for what ever reason to allow one that lasts longer than a day or two if your lucky.  They expire and you have to log back in.  I'm sure they are saying for security reasons but if your system has a firewall and anti spam and virus protections set up I don't see what the issue is?  They say it's on our end but I have to disagree completely with that assertion.... 

edited November 2017

Back in Nov 2015 I was told that the login cookies had no expiry. I think I checked them all too, but can't be certain. As far as I'm aware it's only the select few who keep getting kicked off - everybody else* stays logged on till they intentionally log out or hell freezes over. If that's not true then either DAZ have changed things or somebody was telling me porky pies.

Checking today I note that the six of the DAZ cookies expire within the next day or so (the others next month, next year, or even next decade) -  I wonder if the next kicking-out will match one of them ?

- _gat expires Wednesday 22 November 2017, 18:21:25
    - _uetsid expires Wednesday 22 November 2017, 18:51:17
    - Vanilla-Vv expires Wednesday 22 November 2017, 18:57:20
    - PHPSESSID expires Thursday 23 November 2017, 14:12:08
    - _gid expires Thursday 23 November 2017, 18:21:18
    - frontend expires Thursday 23 November 2017, 18:24:11

(Are cookie expiry times in UTC or local time?)

*that's really just an assumption. I haven't canvassed everybody else yet.

It seems that no longer is it making a purchase that logs you out of the forums.  Twice it happened when I simply looked at the offerings, but made no purchase.   frown

Dana

This post was supposed to have been made quite a while ago...but for some reason it was still here in my "Drafts".

• Back in Nov 2015 I was told that the login cookies had no expiry. I think I checked them all too, but can't be certain. As far as I'm aware it's only the select few who keep)getting kicked off - everybody else* stays logged on till they intentionally log out or hell freezes over. If that's not true then either DAZ have changed things or somebody was telling me porky pies.

Checking today I note that the six of the DAZ cookies expire within the next day or so (the others next month, next year, or even next decade) -  I wonder if the next kicking-out will match one of them ?

- _gat expires Wednesday 22 November 2017, 18:21:25
    - _uetsid expires Wednesday 22 November 2017, 18:51:17
    - Vanilla-Vv expires Wednesday 22 November 2017, 18:57:20
    - PHPSESSID expires Thursday 23 November 2017, 14:12:08
    - _gid expires Thursday 23 November 2017, 18:21:18
    - frontend expires Thursday 23 November 2017, 18:24:11

(Are cookie expiry times in UTC or local time?)

*that's really just an assumption. I haven't canvassed everybody else yet.

Local unless you've set your computer clock to UTC time for some specific reason. From the timestamps, it looks like yours is in 24 hour time.

edited November 2017

Thanks. I'm still trying to check empirically formyself whether this is actually related to the cookies

9.47am on Thursday 23rd here (2.47am Thursday 23rd UTC, 7.47pm Wednesday 22nd DAZ time)

Still logged in when I opened the forum this morning. Checking the cookie expiry times again it's the same six that expire in the next day or two. But only one, PHPSESSID, remains unchanged:

_gat Thursday 23 November 2017, 09:34:16 (was previously 18:21:25 on 22nd)
    Vanilla-Vv Thursday 23 November 2017, 09:53:19 (was previously 18:57:20 on 22nd)
    _uetsid Thursday 23 November 2017, 10:03:16 (was previously 18:51:17 on 22nd)

PHPSESSID Thursday 23 November 2017, 14:12:08 (unchanged)
    frontend Thursday 23 November 2017, 19:50:17 (was previously 18:24:11)
    _gid Friday 24 November 2017, 09:33:16 (was previously 18:21:18 on 23rd)

So what's the betting that I get kicked out shortly after 2pm today then ? We shall see...

(I'm going to try to keep this browser window open for the next four hours)