GMIC - new plugin available now for Windows

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,106

Wendy, You ROCK!!! Very cool!!! yes

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Thanks Philemo for the great demo and Wendy for the kewl anims.  I'll definitly have to take a moment to install GMIC plugin.

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Philemo, thank you very much for the great plugin!

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,381

Very good, Philemo! Thank you!

Two months ago, I considered GMIC for a plugin in Carrara... Thanks God, finally I opted for another type of plugin ! smiley

• Alberto said:

Two months ago, I considered GMIC for a plugin in Carrara... Thanks God, finally I opted for another type of plugin ! smiley

So, maybe we need to coordinate. wink

When I'm clear on my next idea, I'll write you about it.

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited October 2017
    Philemo said:
    Alberto said:

+1000 yes

Post edited by magaremoto on
    Philemo said:
    Alberto said:

I love you guys! yes

edited October 2017

my first attempt with this useful addon, playing with provia, velvia and classic chrome filters

@ Philemo: why didn't you put the tab in the render room? after the render it could be handier

221.jpg
    3750 x 5000 - 933K
  •  

my first attempt with this useful addon, playing with provia, velvia and classic chrome filters

@ Philemo: why didn't you put the tab in the render room? after the render it could be handier

Very nice. Hope you'll find it usefull.

The reason is: I put it where Carrara SDK would allow me to put it wink, in the scene effect tab.

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

Terrific, Magaremoto!

Have you tried to animate this guy (he's no more a 3D character at this level...)?

thanks, glad you appreciate my simple tests cool

@ Philemo: I suspected that, actually it would be suffice work with the preview window but it doesn't work correctly: I can't activate the filters list and the preview is raytraced only so I can't figure out the final result before rendering, anyway great plugin, a must have

@ Dudu: believe or not, I never ever tried to make a morph by myself within carrara, but it would be great make him talk or smile

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    @ Dudu: believe or not, I never ever tried to make a morph by myself within carrara, but it would be great make him talk or smile

If you have PhilW's Advanced Techniques video he explains how on disk one... chapter 3. Modeling Furniture/Modeling A Morphing Cushion... Morphing is at  6:20.

thanks, glad you appreciate my simple tests cool

but it doesn't work correctly: I can't activate the filters list and the preview is raytraced only so I can't figure out the final result before rendering, anyway great plugin, a must have

Did you put the file directly into Extensions folder, or did you make a subflder?

When I put it in a subfolder, I noticed the same thing. But when I placed the files directly into the Extensions folder (except leaving his included subfolder), it worked well.

One way to possibly get better response would be to lower the resolution in the render room until you're ready for a final render? I could be wrong... just an 'off-the-top' idea.

wgdjohn said:

If you have PhilW's Advanced Techniques video he explains how on disk one... chapter 3. Modeling Furniture/Modeling A Morphing Cushion... Morphing is at  6:20.

I think they actually 'sell' a fully rigged version of him (and others) - but I don't think they're cheap.

edited October 2017

I apologize, my fault

when double-clicked, it opened up the wrong carrara version (not beta) where I had put the plugin, as for the render in the preview this is what I get, is there a way to have the correct render as in the render room?

2017-10-29_082838.jpg
    1920 x 1050 - 234K
  • MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496

Does anyone else have an issue where you can't change more than one or two settings before the plugin stops previewing?

I add the GMIC filter to the scene effects, edit it, select one of the filters, hit render in the preview and all is fine. If I change any settings, or try out a different filter though, the preview often stops updating and just keeps showing my unfiltered render. I have to cancel out, delete the scene effect and re-add it in order to try a new setting or new filter.. 

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    MDO2010 said:

Does anyone else have an issue where you can't change more than one or two settings before the plugin stops previewing?

Yup.  Interestingly, it does this at times, and at other times it works fine when used over and over.  So, there may be a solution.

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,381
    Philemo said:
    Alberto said:

Good idea! I'll do the same.

edited November 2017
    MDO2010 said:

I add the GMIC filter to the scene effects, edit it, select one of the filters, hit render in the preview and all is fine. If I change any settings, or try out a different filter though, the preview often stops updating and just keeps showing my unfiltered render. I have to cancel out, delete the scene effect and re-add it in order to try a new setting or new filter.. 

Got to play with it a bit today.

I don't use auto update in the preview.

When the preview gets stuck, click on "Reset View."  Then hit the little blue preview Render button again.  It probably still won't work.  But repeat Reset View and hit the blue render button again, and it works every time.

So basically just do it twice.smiley

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • Thanks @UnifiedBrain - I'll give that a try.smiley

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
    edited March 2021

edited March 2021

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026
    edited May 2018

Regarding B&W colorize line art - I do get output, but I admit that I don't know what it should look like.

I did a test render of some props that I made for the current challenge.  I tried with the GMIC colorize line art (both presets).

test black and white colorize line art.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 63K
    test colors only.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 52K
    Post edited by Diomede on
    edited March 2021

edited March 2021

edited March 2021

edited May 2018

I don't have the time to check them all.  But the first two I checked - B&W colorize line art and Film Emulation Instant pro - worked seemingly very well for me.

On the Film Emulation, did you select a preset?

Edit - could not get Frequencies - Fourier watermark to do anything.  Then again, not sure what it is supposed to do.

None of the Lights & shadows filters you mentioned seem to do anything for me either.

Frames - Frame smooth is definitely doing something.  Don't know if that "something" is right or not.

I love the GMIC plugins.  For me, the real danger here in checking on these filters is that I will get hooked and not get any renders done. :)

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
    edited March 2021

edited March 2021