Carrara Challenge #36 - Pinups and Cheesecake and Hunks - Oh My! - WIP Thread --Meet Ringo Monfort!

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,187
    edited October 2017

Wow, you guys. Check out Vyusur's killer sketchy over at the NPR thread!

Damn!!!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

Wow, you guys. Check out Vyusur's killer sketchy over at the NPR thread!

Damn!!!

Whoa, that's killer!  Bravo, Vyusur  :)

There. That's my entry... Vyusur's Alina Sketchy! LOL

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,790

I can see a bit of Angelina..... great render yes

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited October 2017

Thank you guys!

Post edited by Vyusur on
  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited October 2017

my second entry, almost ready for a magazine cover

Doc2.jpg
    4500 x 6000 - 1M
    Post edited by magaremoto on

great render... but the fingers in the hair detract from it for me... yes

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

sad​  My custom pinup figure has problems.  Saved the rig.  When I reload it, the skeleton is all screwed up.  Details here.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/206461/saved-skeleton-rigging-is-screwed-up-when-loaded#latest

nonocrying

Nice rendering, magaremoto!

Diomede said:

sad​  My custom pinup figure has problems.  Saved the rig.  When I reload it, the skeleton is all screwed up.  Details here.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/206461/saved-skeleton-rigging-is-screwed-up-when-loaded#latest

nonocrying

Bummer!!!

edited October 2017

my last

maria.jpg
    4500 x 6000 - 1M
    edited October 2017

Wonderful shader work, my friend!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited October 2017

Alina = awsome!

Same goes for Magaremoto's added hairstyle.  Wonderful completion to a great render.

Good news for me!  Wendycats solved my rigging issue.  The claymation pinup witch is back up and running.  Um, err, flying.

OK -got the basics going  again.  The witch model can be posed and saved.  The dress can be draped with VWD.  Will get to work on the scene.  yes

dd01 start witch setup.JPG
    1865 x 988 - 168K
    dd02 pinup witch flying.jpg
    800 x 600 - 16K
    Post edited by Diomede on
    edited October 2017

thank you both,

well, since maps were being prepared for iray or 3delight, I can feel satisfied

the better the maps the more the fun

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

my last

Excellent!  Two down, one to go.  Hope you - and others - add a Halloween pinup render.smiley

it can be done but not very soon cheeky

Diomede said:
    The recent plugins by Philemo make doing custom toons much easier because of the hair style converter and VWD bridge.  So, I made a quick pinup figure.  I call her Philamina in honor of Philemo.  Her tattered dess was draped on the figure using VWD, made possible in Carrara with Philemo's plugin.  The hair started as a dynamic hair and then was converted to prop using Philemo's plugin so that it would work better with a toon filter.  

Philemina will be the star of my 3rd entry (Halloween theme).  Werewolf hunter on phone is #1 (PR), and Scottish Frahm is #2 (NPR), I made a lo res version and a hi res version.  This is the hi res version.  I think she is cute, in an evil witch sort of way.

EDIT:  By "made a hi res version" I just mean that I hit the "convert" button on smoothing.  The extra vertexes come in handy when morphing.  Even the hi res version only has just over 8,000 polygons.

Diomede, glad you got Philamina's panties untwisted (so to speak).  Did you just make this character from scratch?  That's crazy!

I have a witch in my upcoming PR Halloween entry as well. 

edited October 2017

Have to expect plenty of witches for a Halloween theme - and some ghosts and carved pumpkins as well.  Maybe a black cat or two.  Two thumbs up for Halloween accessories!

Yes, I modeled Philemina for this challenge.  Now that I understand the Daz Studio morphloader pro and ERC freeze tools better, I've cut back on making my own characters.  Philemina the Witch could have been made as a full body morph for Genesis or Genesis 2, and then all of the Daz joint correction morphs, etc. would be active.  Makes more sense to do it that way in Sudio and then bring back to Carrara.  But who needs sense?    The ability to start with a blank canvas and then create everything is one of the things that I like about Carrara.  Have gotten away from it in some recent challenges, but want at least one of my entries this month to be from scratch.  Not to impress anyone, just for me.  I can then compare it to my first ever challenge entry to see if I am progressing at all.  Lord, I hope so.   

At the moment, I am intending my witch project to have a Rankin Bass holiday claymation feel, but still in the pinup genre.   Everything subject to change.

Diomede said:

Have to expect plenty of witches for a Halloween theme - and some ghosts and carved pumpkins as well.  Maybe a black cat or two.  Two thumbs up for Halloween accessories!

Dang, you took all my ideas!

smiley

Diomede said:

The ability to start with a blank canvas and then create everything is one of the things that I like about Carrara.  Have gotten away from it in some recent challenges, but want at least one of my entries this month to be from scratch.  Not to impress anyone...

Well, I am impressed anyway.yes

edited October 2017

All of my ideas were taken 60 years ago!

Just kidding.  Came across a site of old Hollywood Halloween Pinup Photos.  This is a lot of fun, if you have that kind of sense of humor, witch I do (see what I did there with witch and which?).

https://flashbak.com/sexy-witches-vintage-halloween-pin-up-girls-22520/

EDIT:  Maybe I mssed it, but I don't remember seeing anyone doing one of these old B&W publicity pinups from the vintage Hollywood marketing machine.

edited October 2017

Great job, UnifiedBrain!

Just went back through the WIP thread (Edit: to see if anyone was doing the old Hollywood publicity pinups).  Didn't realize that you had done so many updates to the early posts.  Lots of inspiration and context on the pinup genre.  Extremely helpful.  Wish I had gone back through earlier.  yes

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,615

Magaremoto - excellent

Diomede - glad you got your witch sorted

my last

Just superb on every level.  Well worth clicking to zoom in to appreciate the little details.

Diomede said:

Alina = awsome!

Same goes for Magaremoto's added hairstyle.  Wonderful completion to a great render.

Good news for me!  Wendycats solved my rigging issue.  The claymation pinup witch is back up and running.  Um, err, flying.

OK -got the basics going  again.  The witch model can be posed and saved.  The dress can be draped with VWD.  Will get to work on the scene.  yes

Wow Diomede, you modeled her from scratch?  That's crazy impressive work.  Looks like she's coming along nicely!  :)

Diomede said:

Yes, I modeled Philemina for this challenge.  Now that I understand the Daz Studio morphloader pro and ERC freeze tools better, I've cut back on making my own characters.  Philemina the Witch could have been made as a full body morph for Genesis or Genesis 2, and then all of the Daz joint correction morphs, etc. would be active.  Makes more sense to do it that way in Sudio and then bring back to Carrara.  But who needs sense?    The ability to start with a blank canvas and then create everything is one of the things that I like about Carrara.  Have gotten away from it in some recent challenges, but want at least one of my entries this month to be from scratch.  Not to impress anyone, just for me.  I can then compare it to my first ever challenge entry to see if I am progressing at all.  Lord, I hope so.   

At the moment, I am intending my witch project to have a Rankin Bass holiday claymation feel, but still in the pinup genre.   Everything subject to change.

Bravo, my friend! I'm so glad you've decided to build her from scratch. I totally agree with you... she's a cutie!

Diomede said:

Great job, UnifiedBrain!

Just went back through the WIP thread (Edit: to see if anyone was doing the old Hollywood publicity pinups).  Didn't realize that you had done so many updates to the early posts.  Lots of inspiration and context on the pinup genre.  Extremely helpful.  Wish I had gone back through earlier.  yes

+1

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Diomede said:

Just kidding.  Came across a site of old Hollywood Halloween Pinup Photos.  This is a lot of fun, if you have that kind of sense of humor, witch I do (see what I did there with witch and which?).

EDIT:  Maybe I mssed it, but I don't remember seeing anyone doing one of these old B&W publicity pinups from the vintage Hollywood marketing machine.

pumpkins are all smiling.  and smiling scarecrow

edited October 2017

@magaremoto very nice on your recent render and almost there.... except...

I hate to be picky but when you can't unsee it.. cool

modeling = diomede = awesome witches yes

fingerhairfault.jpg
    348 x 378 - 30K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited October 2017

Don't forget, Halloween is a big party!

Edit: A Mad Monster Party

Jessica - Correction - Francesca!

Philemina

mad monster party.jpg
    612 x 792 - 63K
    philemia 1 betty grable.jpg
    480 x 640 - 15K

thank you all,

@Jon: for some reason, maps for G4 allow a better tweaking of shininess and bump, this one for G3 is a very good map but must be worked on heavily to get a likely effect

@Stezza: gosh, you are right, my oversight

I always tend to watch the whole on the lighting side rather than other else

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    Diomede said:

There's a mine of inspiration right there!