1920 x 1080 - 164K
    a160.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 136K
    f029.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 253K
    g295.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Actually, you can process the video if you want to.

If you set the video in the scene backdrop, you can render it processed with or without animation, using Carrara as a video post processor.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    Philemo said:

Actually, you can process the video if you want to.

If you set the video in the scene backdrop, you can render it processed with or without animation, using Carrara as a video post processor.

is what I am doing yes

I made my captured betamax  movie an image series to clean out the jerky frames the other day so was handy to test this on

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Philemo, you the man!  Hope to try this week.

Wendy, you the Gal!  You always seem to get working examples of new stuff out faster than anyone.

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

Wow this looks so cool!  I just barely bought FilterForge 6 in the PA sale, but it looks like with this plugin I'll hardly need it  :)  Thank you Philemo! 

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,103
    Philemo said:

File is available here

To use, unzip the content of the archive in the extension directory of your Carrara Installation.

For Windows only. I'll have a try, but I'm afraid linking GMIC to Carrara in OSX may be way over my abilities sad

There is also a bug left I haven't managed to get rid of. YCRBR conversion doesn't work, so any effect trying to use it won't work. On the other hand, 98% of the effects are working, so I decided to release anyway. I'll post a new version if and when the bug is solved.

Oh, for crying out loud! I cannot thank you enough for the excellence you've put into this! I'll start by saying:

Thank You Philemo!

Absolutely amazing! And thanks for the truly magnificent video tutorial too! Rock On Philemo!  ...and Thank You Again!!!

Awesome video tutorial!

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

just grabbed, thank you

can't wait to use with my next renders

Wow. Awesome stuff, Wendy!

Very cool!

• Wow!  Thanks so much for porting this to Carrara and letting us know about it.  There really is a wonderful community supporting Carrara.  Sure wish/hope the program would get some love from its owners.  Just finished initial phase of a music video primarily using Carrara and After Effects.  Ran into varied problems but eventually found workable solutions for each with the help of varied users (several on this thread) and would love to see further development of the program.

my homemovie with some effects

I forgot the original video aspect is squarer so a tad stretched

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921

what a gem you are thanks Philemo :)

• Is there a gallery or some instructions so we can get a sense of how these various effects will look?  ( or do we simply need to click through and keep trying them out?)  Very interested in this plugin as can get some interesting effects simply by animating simple parameters - plus stackable for multiple effects.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757
    th3Digit said:

great work Wendy... looks awesome.. 101 ways on how to use a hosepipe    ermmm... plugin devil  yes

thanks Philemo... downloading now smiley

batch renamed random pics and rendered in backdrop as image series

th3Digit said:

Absolutely amazing, Wendy! Very nicely done!

• Is there a gallery or some instructions so we can get a sense of how these various effects will look?  ( or do we simply need to click through and keep trying them out?)  Very interested in this plugin as can get some interesting effects simply by animating simple parameters - plus stackable for multiple effects.

There used to be a nice gallery. I'm not so keen on the new version. The one for the film emulation is pretty well done.

Default parameters for effects are usually well choosen, so clicking through is a pleasant and efficient way of looking at it. Just make sure to use the backdrop cheat to do it quickly.

• @th3Digit , nicely done.

TY

I really like this particular filter

Yeah... looks cool. There are a LOT of filters in this thing!

Stezza said:
    th3Digit said:

great work Wendy... looks awesome.. 101 ways on how to use a hosepipe    ermmm... plugin devil  yes

thanks Philemo... downloading now smiley

hot stuff Wendy!!

th3Digit said:

terrific effect

this is a combination of Filter Forge effects, but the tree back ground is mainly from this plugin, thanks again Philemno !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Philemo said:

Is there a gallery or some instructions so we can get a sense of how these various effects will look?  ( or do we simply need to click through and keep trying them out?)  Very interested in this plugin as can get some interesting effects simply by animating simple parameters - plus stackable for multiple effects.

There used to be a nice gallery. I'm not so keen on the new version. The one for the film emulation is pretty well done.

Default parameters for effects are usually well choosen, so clicking through is a pleasant and efficient way of looking at it. Just make sure to use the backdrop cheat to do it quickly.

Actually, there is a most complete preview in the GIMP Gmic Section. Most of the effects on those pages are also in the Carrara plugin.

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

I think that my next short will be done with these effects, Merci Phil! yes

Philemo said:
    Philemo said:

Is there a gallery or some instructions so we can get a sense of how these various effects will look?  ( or do we simply need to click through and keep trying them out?)  Very interested in this plugin as can get some interesting effects simply by animating simple parameters - plus stackable for multiple effects.

Actually, there is a most complete preview in the GIMP Gmic Section. Most of the effects on those pages are also in the Carrara plugin.

Wow. That is most useful! Thanks!

With so many filters to choose from, it really helps to be able to peruse stuff like this - and there are even download versions for offline/bandwidth-freeing use. Sweet!

Thanks again!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,024

This video is the best tutorial for a plugin that I have ever seen.  Thank you.  Just started playing with this wonderful addition to Carrara.  Barely scratched the surface, but I am so happy.  You are very generous.

Philemo said:

A short tutorial

another video

edited October 2017
    Diomede said:

This video is the best tutorial for a plugin that I have ever seen.  Thank you.  Just started playing with this wonderful addition to Carrara.  Barely scratched the surface, but I am so happy.  You are very generous.

Philemo said:

Isn't that the truth? Now you see why I was so excited when I saw it for the first time and posted this:

Philemo said:

File is available here

To use, unzip the content of the archive in the extension directory of your Carrara Installation.

For Windows only. I'll have a try, but I'm afraid linking GMIC to Carrara in OSX may be way over my abilities sad

There is also a bug left I haven't managed to get rid of. YCRBR conversion doesn't work, so any effect trying to use it won't work. On the other hand, 98% of the effects are working, so I decided to release anyway. I'll post a new version if and when the bug is solved.

Oh, for crying out loud! I cannot thank you enough for the excellence you've put into this! I'll start by saying:

Thank You Philemo!

Absolutely amazing! And thanks for the truly magnificent video tutorial too! Rock On Philemo!  ...and Thank You Again!!!

Awesome video tutorial!

Don't have the plugin yet? What are you waiting for?!!!  The File is available here!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on