Welcome to the April Freebie Challenge: "Real People"

Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
edited December 1969 in Freebies

Hi dere! It's me again, Louie Dabrowski! You know, Da Real Man!

Here it is, April, a bran' new mont' an' a bran' new Challenge and dis mont' we're lookin' t'find Real People! Dat's right, real honest t' goodness Real People! An' just who are dese Real People? Dere your next door neighbors, da peoples on da bus youse take t' work, da ones who cuts infronta line at da grocery, dat's who! We ain't lookin' for no pretty boy he-men, no sword swingin' glamour girls in dem skimpy outfits. We wants every day folks like you'd see in your everyday life.

Now's your chance to git back at that joik at work, or dat teacher you had inna fifth grade dat made you stay afta school 'cause you hit her in the back udda head wit a spitball...I mean, as an example...'cause I ain't never done nuttin' like dat or anything...an' it don't hafta be limited to right here in the good ol' US of A nedder! Any country, any where in da world (we ain't gonna take no udder world aliens or stuff like dat. Leave dat sorta thing for dem sci-fi Doctor Who contests).

Now, as t' da rules...oh, Geeze...dere's been a lotta talk 'bout da rules here lately...Fer da rules and regulations we're gonna put 'em right here for everybody t'see:

The Rules:

1. A minimum of 8 freebies.

2. A maximum of 3 purchased items. (you may list the Reality plugin as one of them)

3. Base figures (V4/M4?K4,V3/M3 and Genesis) don’t count as a purchased item or a freebie and may be used as needed.

3b.. V4/M4/K4 Morphs++ and V3/M3 Head & Body Morphs will not count toward a purchased item. All other morph packages will be counted.

4. No postwork. This rule WILL NOT CHANGE SO DON’T ASK! (except for signatures and borders)

5. Bryce, Hexagon, Blender, Poser and Daz are allowed for the contest. Items given free with these Apps will not count towards the freebie count as they will not be available for all users, but can be used as non countable items. Poser figures need clarification as they can normally only be used within poser and are essentially paid for items as Poser is a paid for app.

6. For an item to be considered free it must be offered as a freebie for the whole of the month. All permanent Daz freebies will be allowed at any time.

6b. DAZ3D weekly freebies will count as free during the month they are released. The weekly freebie released during the last week of the previous month will also count as free for the month.

7. All links to freebies must work, and all freebies must be clearly and completely seen, not obstructed or hidden in any way from clear total viewing, no water reflections, or reflections that bend the freebie or distort it from it’s original form allowed without the freebie being seen above or outside the reflection itself as a stand alone, the freebie must be seen without having to enlarge the render to see it in any way, no items put against something the same color or texture making it blend into the other item. You may not link to items that specifically ask you not to link to them.

8. This is a family challenge for all ages, so there will be NO NUDIY OR SEXUALLY EXPLICIT OR EXTREMELY VIOLENT SITUATIONS ALLOWED WHATSOEVER.

9. All the rules above will be enforced. If you do not understand any of them, please pm me or ask in the current challenge thread.DO NOT ASK FOR SPECIAL FAVORS AS THIS CONTEST MUST BE FAIR FOR ALL. Rich or poor, new computers or old, all will be treated equally. Newbies will be given as much help as we can offer.

10. You may enter as many renders as you like each month, as long as they qualify.

11. You may post any renders you like without freebies or paid fors, these will be called NAEs, so please list them as such. They will not be considered entries.

12. Having fun is a must. Play hard, but please do not hurt anyone. The Daz team and/or MOD has the right to edit or remove any inappropriate comments they wish to. This will not change.

13. If you are going to be a judge, you must come into the challenge throughout the month, at least once every day or two. You can not just disappear. If you can not be here, do not ask to be a judge. You must also make comments on the entries as to give help to any newbies. You will be required to choose three winners and two honorable mentions for the month you judge. All judges chosen are allowed to enter the contest, but they may not vote for themselves.

14. Mini contests, within the main contest, are allowed at any time the host chooses. Prizes for them will be given separately from the main challenge.

15. You may use as many freebies from “community” sites. These are sites that feature free items from various authors, like Sharecg.com or Renderosity.com. You may NOT repeat a link to a third party site “exactly” once used in the entry, You can, however, use the same third party site link as long as it goes to a different page. Most-digital-creations.com is an example of this.

The Prizes

DAZ3D Sponsored Prizes

1st place will receive a $15.00 Gift Certificate (GC) to the Daz store.
2nd place will receive a $12.00 Gift Certificate (GC) to the Daz store.
3rd place will receive an $8.00 Gift Certificate (GC) to the Daz store.

Jaderail Sponsored Prizes

1st Place $20.00 DAZ3D Gift Card
2nd Place $15.00 DAZ3D Gift Card
3rd Place $10.00 DAZ3D Gift Card

From your hosts

A couple of projects will be available as soon as we work out a few kinks. If we can't, you never heard anything from us.

Other prizes will be listed as they become available. We are looking for 3 Judges with Dorsey and myself acting as tie breakers if needed.

Seen as how we're runnin' dis contest on a real shoestring, like most Real People dese days, we ain't got much t' offer in da way of prizes for da winners. Ya gots braggin' rights, what more do ya want? Okay, okay...we'll come up wit sumptin'. It ain't gonna be spectacular or nutin' but it'll be a little sumptin'. Anybody out dere wanna contribute sumtin', feel free...or if you feel like we're moochin' on youse guys...well, we are. Ya gotta problem wit dat?!? Take it to da judge...

An' one more t'ing, da contest begins on April 1st, 2013 and ends at midnight April 30th, 2013. Winners to be announced when we git 'round to it...alright, alright, on May da Foist.

Now, everybody get busy an' lets see some REAL PEOPLE!

Comments

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

3. Base figures (V4/M4?K4,V3/M3 and Genesis) don’t count as a purchased item or a freebie and may be used as needed.

3b.. V4/M4/K4 Morphs++ and V3/M3 Head & Body Morphs will not count toward a purchased item. All other morph packages will be counted.

*sticks head in*
    Just checking to see if Genesis Evolution Head/Body will be allowed as a freebie since it's the main morph package for Genesis.

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:

*sticks head in*
    Just checking to see if Genesis Evolution Head/Body will be allowed as a freebie since it's the main morph package for Genesis.

As the rules are written at this point, I'd have to say that the Genesis Evolution Head/Body Morphs will count as a paid item. The equally useful and free alternative is to use DieTrying's 182 V4 Morphs for Genesis by SickleYield over at ShareCG. The results are every bit as good but doesn't work with any pre-created morph character packages using the Evolution morphs.

You bring up a really good point that may be worth discussing with the rest of the group as to their feelings about this. We can discuss it if anybody's interested.

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I will depend on whether there are a lot of free characters for Genesis using those morphs. If the team (myself included) are finding people using free characters based on those morphs and that use is increasing we will likely change the ruling for the Genesis Evolution morphs. For the time being; they will continue to be part of the paid for category.

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Ah, that seems fair.

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

I don't understand the limit on 3 purchased items. If I make a scene with, say, two characters in it, the clothes and hair for each character are going to go over the 3 item maximum. Or, is it understand that I should use free hair and clothing? What about skin textures? I don't know if I can find enough freebies to clothe, skin, and hair my models (at least maybe not the ideal quality of hair, clothing, skin). No offense to anyone who creates these types of freebies, of course. ;-)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    I don't understand the limit on 3 purchased items. If I make a scene with, say, two characters in it, the clothes and hair for each character are going to go over the 3 item maximum. Or, is it understand that I should use free hair and clothing? What about skin textures? I don't know if I can find enough freebies to clothe, skin, and hair my models (at least maybe not the ideal quality of hair, clothing, skin). No offense to anyone who creates these types of freebies, of course. ;-)
    Hi Slosh. First I recommend you go through this Freepozitoty Forum if you need Items. Let me point you to a few threads and links to get you started.

Free Hairs - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/447/
    Free Genesis Clothing - Wilmap's ShareGC section

And Any free texture for V4 and M4 can be used on Genesis right out of the box. Also remember lots of the Poser items on the Web work just fine in DS.

If all the others can do it you can too with just a bit of searching and thinking outside of the box.
  • DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited March 2013

Uh oh, Ganthor's in da doghouse awready wif dem rools.

Now, Slosh, meet Agnes, Louie Da Real Man's ex-missus and co-host dis munt. She sex dey's PLENNY a' freebies around out day. Just go an' hunt aroun' a little. Ya don' need no paid stuff 'ceptin' maybe Victowia! Dat's da whole point a' da Freebie Challenge!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Dog Kennel by Zippo at Lab108
    http://lab108.x0.com/lab108/misc.html

Scene 04 (fenced garden) by Petra Schmietendorf, but appears removed from ShareCG

Hammer by Adam Thwaits on this page:
    http://www.most-digital-creations.com/free_poser_poses_textures_morphs_props_28.htm

AprilDoghouse.jpg
    927 x 733 - 199K
    Post edited by Dorseyland on
    edited March 2013

Yah, but anyways, dey is some ...

EXTRA RULES THIS MONTH

1. This month's Mighty Meal discounts are available for retired country & western stars, people whose name means "The Wind Cries Mary" in Welsh, anyone who got married in Las Vegas, people who write novels under the name "Suzanne Thomas", and anyone with a closet named after them.

2. There'll be a mini-contest to see who can download anything from Mirye the fastest, or at all.

3. In thanks for co-hosting this month, Lord Ganthor will receive a new lighting system for Bryce so that his renders don't always look like frozen fog. Everyone has to chip in $2.

4. Judges will award extra points for any render showing naked butt. No butt hair, though, please.

5. Anyone who sneaks a cow into their render will be mocked mercilessly.

6. Postwork is allowed for a price. Make an offer to either host via Private Message, but don't save a copy.

7. On April 15, everyone has to change their avatar. If DAZ still isn't rigged to accept changes, use crayons on your computer screen.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Cloth Roll by apcgraficos at Content Paradise
    http://www.contentparadise.com/productDetails.aspx?id=22737

AgnesRules.jpg
    1013 x 733 - 86K
    edited April 2013

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FREEBIE NUTSO

Refrigerator (freezer) from Zoffbred
    http://home.datacomm.ch/zoffbred/poser3d.html

Trolly by wolmol at OnTarget3D
    http://www.ontarget3d.com/site/Products/988-trolly-props-for-poser.aspx

Berry Pie by Mapps
    http://www.freewebs.com/mapps/downloads5.htm

Pie by Adam Thwaites was Surprise Gift Box LE01, but see what's available now
    http://www.most-digital-creations.com/freestuff.htm

Mango Pudding by DanGer at ShareCG
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/41783/View/5/3D-Model/Mango-Pudding

Zombie Chow by McGyver at ShareCG
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/56135/gallery/11/Poser/Zombie-Chow-Canned-Zombie-food

AgnesPies.jpg
    895 x 733 - 147K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This is gonna be one FUN month!!

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

April Gallery Created.

For the person looking for freebies: The gallery ( http://ovbi.org/gallery/v/FreebieChallenge/ ) has the contest entry images AND links for all of the freebies used in them. So you can see them in action, and go get them easily. There is almost a year's worth there now and more from the archives will be added.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Mercy buckets for the gallery, Kendall -- LOTS of wall space, folks, so get painting.

Kendall, can you run a script there that automatically downloads all the freebies to your hard drive? Maybe post a button that says "GRAB EVERYTHING!!!!!"

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

I got's this space ship that I got back in 1978, I be giving a copy of it to all the entrants to this here contest.
    'course I has to paint it first. kinda hard thou, the paint brush keeps hitting the glass on the screen & not the model.
    :) :)

edited December 1969

Nitehawk, thanks very much!

Have you tried removing the housing of the hard drive and jamming the spaceship in there? That's how I usually send my email letters once the ink dries.

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hey.. that's a nice nice theme..

"4. Judges will award extra points for any render showing naked butt. No butt hair, though, please." ROFL

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2013

Krissy said:
    Hey.. that's a nice nice theme..

"4. Judges will award extra points for any render showing naked butt. No butt hair, though, please." ROFL

butt.......butt.....butt...............He doesn't want to be rendered bald

hairy_butt_copy.jpg
    629 x 642 - 118K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

hahaha chohole.. good one :)
    But did you ever saw a hair moon :D

edited December 1969

I'm detecting postwork in that entry, Chohole, which is not allowed. Shame on you.

And you're going to have to get more freebies in there and list the links if you want this accepted.

I must say, though, it's VERY realistic! I think I KNOW that guy!

edited December 1969

Mercy buckets for the gallery, Kendall -- LOTS of wall space, folks, so get painting.

Kendall, can you run a script there that automatically downloads all the freebies to your hard drive? Maybe post a button that says "GRAB EVERYTHING!!!!!"

Actually, yes I could. But I won't. I'd catch all kinds of ******* for doing so. :-)

Kendall

edited December 1969

I understand. Everything on the Internet is free, but there's not enough bandwidth to get at it all.

You say you'd catch a lot of stars for doing so??

edited December 1969

PRIZES! OH MY GOD PRIZES!

In addition to the aforementioned DIGITAL CASH from Jaderail and a mysterious "Mister Daz", and the swell MODELS that Ganthor and I made with our own hands, using nothing but software that any idiot COUGH! can use (previews forthcoming), we have further enticements ...

1. An [Inaudible] from a major, popular modelmaker, with details still to be confirmed, but it promises to be a game-changer (no, this is not an April Fools joke), AND ...

2. Terrific new mats from CELEBI for the following free items:

Cape Coat Set for PreTeen Girl by MamoMamo
    http://blog.goo.ne.jp/mamomamo_2007/e/8cb9531b93e11c7a957c79008c06724e

Jacket Culotte Set for V4 & A4 also by MamoMamo
    http://blog.goo.ne.jp/mamomamo_2007/e/002042733b06826f0df0e8151b4ea1a9

Cheap Lingerie bra & panties for A4 by Redviper2012
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/63184/browse/11/Poser/The-Cheap-Lingeries-for-A4

The images below represent work in progress.

Celebi_Cheap_Lingerie_red.jpg
    583 x 569 - 12K
    Celebi_ppdress_Mamos_Cape_Coat_Set.jpg
    525 x 592 - 47K
    Celebi_ppdress_Mamos_Cape_Coat_Set_2.jpg
    583 x 569 - 15K
    edited December 1969

I understand. Everything on the Internet is free, but there's not enough bandwidth to get at it all.

You say you'd catch a lot of stars for doing so??

I'd be seeing stars after the sites' maintainers hunted me down :-)

Kendall

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

this looks like it's going to be another crazy month. If I can just get my runtime loaded with stuff so I can enter. I'm empty now since I had to start over from scratch again when I got a trojan in March.

edited December 1969

Funny you should mention trojans, jeeperz, because I have a MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT coming up about Pope Francis.

He is, of course, as upset about trojans (and any other kind of rubbers) as the rest of us.

popeFrancis.jpg
    867 x 715 - 116K
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

First off: (gestures toward Lord Ganthor and Dorseyland, quotes Bugs Bunny)

"I like these guys. They're silly."

Second, a little something for next month that you should know now:

... (we ain't gonna take no udder world aliens or stuff like dat. Leave dat sorta thing for dem sci-fi Doctor Who contests) ...
    I got's this space ship that I got back in 1978, I be giving a copy of it to all the entrants to this here contest.
    'course I has to paint it first. kinda hard thou, the paint brush keeps hitting the glass on the screen & not the model.
    :) :)

I guess maybe I told too many people about next month's theme... nitehawk's participation gift for this month will be accepted as a freebie for next month. This is a one-time-only special allowance, not a permanent change to the rules!
    edited December 1969

Well I heard nothing about next month's theme! Is it SPACE?? Now THAT I can look forward to!

And if we can get Da Real Man safely through the April Foolhardiness (we'll need LOTS of beer), I bet he'll be happy to spend some time in orbit too.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

It can involve space, but it doesn't have to... (And I'll stop dropping hints now)

edited December 1969

Ahhhhh, fuggitaboudit, den. I gots no time fuh space anyways.

WAIT, is it about TIME??? Cause I got all the time machines!

And some swell clocks.

edited December 1969

DA REAL KID

Found dis brat wandrin' around da basement!

An' LOOK, he's got DanaT's Eastah Parade pattins on his shoit 'n' diapah!

(Thank you, Dana, for a great prize from the March Madness.)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Mucky Pup skin mat by Marieah at ShareCG
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/39992/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Mucky-Pup-for-Mill-Baby-3

Easter Cap by Karth at RuntimeDNA
    http://www.runtimedna.com/Easter-Cap.html

Pipes Room by Kaposer, site being reconstructed (and whose isn't?)
    http://www.kaposer.com/

Industrial Props came from midnightrider's old Frightings site. Maybe they're at Renderosity.

Industrial Accessories by Greybeard at ShareCG
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/47020/browse/11/Poser/Industrial-accessories-or-commercial

MilBabyEaster.jpg
    967 x 733 - 81K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Oh, so nice to see my Easter Parade used in a render! Yay! Thanks for sharing that, Dorseyland!

Dana