Welcome to the April Freebie Challenge: "Real People"

Comments

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    Yaaaa! I got my new computer put together (the last piece arrived last evening).

Fire that beast up, BMan, we wanna hear it roar!

edited April 2013

DOLLYGIRL--This month's Entry #4 is outstanding, so much to soak up and appreciate! A LOT of effort went into this, and the biggest fun is in the details -- the cookie, the posters, the trash, and I can't be sure, but that almost looks like a picture of Da Real Man on the back of Otris' newspaper. Plus, they ALL look like Real People!

ENTRY ACCEPTED!

04_Dollygirl_-_At_the_Bus_Stop.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 469K
    Post edited by Dorseyland on
  • BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm back home. What do you guys DO all day when I'm not around??
    I don't know about anyone else; but I,m sleeping during your "day".
    edited December 1969

NO SLEEPING ALLOWED!

• edited April 2013

Alright, would someone with a more stable version of DS be willing to package these? I would do it, but i want people with older versions to be able to use them too. I have 2.3 and the CPM script but it keeps crashing after every. single. export.

There are about 10-12 total I think. This was just a quick example,

Untitled-1.jpg
    576 x 556 - 88K
    Post edited by blue_chameleon2002_d161d19223 on
    edited December 1969

Some of us are officially classified as "Stupid" at this, Chameleon. What do you mean? Package them in what way?

• edited December 1969

Some of us are officially classified as "Stupid" at this, Chameleon. What do you mean? Package them in what way?

Into a runtime that will work for all versions of DS as well as Poser.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

ENTRY ACCEPTED!

Thanks Dorsey! It was a fun project. Genesis is amazing. With just a few morphs you can get so many different kinds of people and with the transfer utility you get access to all your clothes. This system makes the freebie world a whole lot better.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Ugh even I can't manage that. I do the Poser stuff and rely on someone else (Neil) to do the DS side of it. But he doesn't get much free time at the mo, what with being a full time mature student at Uni and also a PA and a beta tester for other PAs.

Is one reason why I haven't been doing much lately.

edited December 1969

Alright, would someone with a more stable version of DS be willing to package these? I would do it, but i want people with older versions to be able to use them too. I have 2.3 and the CPM script but it keeps crashing after every. single. export.

The CPM script works with DS3.1 & later.
  • edited December 1969

BWSman said:

The CPM script works with DS3.1 & later.

I tried. Actually, I have both the PFE and CPM. I had an old copy of 2.3.3.146 on my external drive. Forgot how buggy that sucker was, at least for my machine.

• edited December 1969

chohole said:

Ugh even I can't manage that. I do the Poser stuff and rely on someone else (Neil) to do the DS side of it. But he doesn't get much free time at the mo, what with being a full time mature student at Uni and also a PA and a beta tester for other PAs.

Is one reason why I haven't been doing much lately.[/quote

Oh Cho!!!!???? Just kidding. The DS isn't giving me a problem. Its the darn Poser files.

edited December 1969

Ah. Can't help you much there, I'm afraid. I use DS3 ("Steam Studio") almost exclusively. I have Poser but I can't get it to pose.

And you're on DS2??? What does that run on -- fire and twigs?

• edited April 2013

Ah. Can't help you much there, I'm afraid. I use DS3 ("Steam Studio") almost exclusively. I have Poser but I can't get it to pose.

And you're on DS2??? What does that run on -- fire and twigs?

Nobody likes a smarta$$ I should know. I am one.
    ANYWAY, I have 3 versions. DS2, DS3, and DS4.5 I kept the DS 2 around for creating Poser formats. Now that I got that script working I can uninstall it.
    So, who wants to be my test victim? I finally got all of those exported.

Post edited by blue_chameleon2002_d161d19223 on
    edited December 1969

Well c**p. One of my hard drive that I want to transfer over to my new system has the guide for the SATA data connector broken off. When I connected it to my new computer it caused the motherboard to short out (or something like that). Worse thing; is that was my boot up drive on my old system & had all my settings & a lot of programs, pictures & other stuff on it. I have to see if I can get any of the data off of it or not.

Edit: I found the broken off guide piece sitting on my keyboard; so I may be able to temporarily hook it up to copy stuff over to my other HDD.

edited December 1969

So that's what all that banging noise was! Hurry up cause Chameleon has a job for you to do.

BWSMan, got your PM and will acknowledge in the thread. Thank you very much!

edited December 1969

So that's what all that banging noise was! Hurry up cause Chameleon has a job for you to do.

BWSMan, got your PM and will acknowledge in the thread. Thank you very much!

The good news is that all my DS content & downloads was on the other drive that I was able to install in my new 'pooter.
  • edited December 1969

NAE
    not enough free stuff...

Just one of the textures that I asked you about Dorsey...

If it was an entry, it would be titled "Ya got that?!"

Ya_Got_That.jpg
    803 x 832 - 570K
    edited December 1969

NICE!

(What's a boom stick?)

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

NICE!

(What's a boom stick?)

A shotgun.
  • AeonicBAeonicB Posts: 165
    edited December 1969

Out of curiosity, I'm using GenIBL in Poser to make an IBL for the scene I'm using in DAZ. I'm using Glaseye's Skydome and Texture Pack, but neither will be visible in the scene, though I'll still have them loaded plus the skydome. Would this technically qualify as a freebie, or, since its technically not visible, am I just better putting it on the uncountable list?

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Ariaso said:
    Out of curiosity, I'm using GenIBL in Poser to make an IBL for the scene I'm using in DAZ. I'm using Glaseye's Skydome and Texture Pack, but neither will be visible in the scene, though I'll still have them loaded plus the skydome. Would this technically qualify as a freebie, or, since its technically not visible, am I just better putting it on the uncountable list?

If I understand your line of thought here, and I'm not sayin' I do...but, in order for a freebie to count it must be visible. The way this reads to me, you're using the freebies to create an effect, but the freebies themselves are not really in the scene, right? To be on the safe side, best to list them in the uncountables column...unless I'm totally missing the concept here (it's been a long, long day...) in which case, I'll let somebody else chime in with there thoughts on the matter. Clear as mud, right?

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

DOLLYGIRL--This month's Entry #4 is outstanding, so much to soak up and appreciate! A LOT of effort went into this, and the biggest fun is in the details -- the cookie, the posters, the trash, and I can't be sure, but that almost looks like a picture of Da Real Man on the back of Otris' newspaper. Plus, they ALL look like Real People!

ENTRY ACCEPTED!

Great image, no doubt about it! Spooky, too. This reminds me why I stay out of the big cities. Dorsey, your eyes must be better than mine if you can see the back of that newspaper...but I'll take your word for it.

• AeonicBAeonicB Posts: 165
    edited December 1969

Ariaso said:

If I understand your line of thought here, and I'm not sayin' I do...but, in order for a freebie to count it must be visible. The way this reads to me, you're using the freebies to create an effect, but the freebies themselves are not really in the scene, right? To be on the safe side, best to list them in the uncountables column...unless I'm totally missing the concept here (it's been a long, long day...) in which case, I'll let somebody else chime in with there thoughts on the matter. Clear as mud, right?

Yeah, you're right. :) Thanks for the input, that's all I needed to know.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

Ariaso said:
    Ariaso said:

Yeah, you're right. :) Thanks for the input, that's all I needed to know.From my understanding based upon previous contests, if you can't see it, it doesn't get listed at all.

• edited December 1969

NICE!

(What's a boom stick?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAVSMg380qA

and just because its my favorite part of the movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIxetRsd_2c

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

boom.. So didnt had so much to catch on that's good :)
    Ariaso in rules there is a note that freebie to be counted has to be clearly visable, so if you uncheck visable in camera, you loose freebie count ;)

And the roller is still in work. :)

edited December 1969

Lighting is a tricky subject since it isn't visible; but has an ultimate effect on the image. If you plan on offering the IBL as a freebie and post a link to it in your list you can count it as such. If it's just for your private use; then you make a note of the lighting; but it does not go toward your freebie count.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Tis the 11th and only a hand full of folks want my money so far. Bummer. Please tell me you folks have all these as yet un-seen renders a cooking, ideas a popping, and Normal folks all set to post very soon.

N.A.E. Regular folks are better than the pretty one's you get in the wrapper. Anyone who has been around will know who this is and why the poor fellow looks so glum.

Jeffero2.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 475K
    edited December 1969

Now that I'm getting my new computer settled in; I'll see if I can cobble something together.