Welcome to the April Freebie Challenge: "Real People"

Comments

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

A little off-topic. I just got my new computer today. Talk about fast shipping (I ordered it on Wednesday; with Friday being a holiday). Next I'll be assembling it; installing the OS and setting it up. Of course I'll have to download the 64-bit version of DS4.5 as well. With luck I should have it up and running by Friday.

By the way; does anyone know how to remove a sorta flakey install of Win7? I want to do a fresh install on my new system; but I'm not sure if I can with it currently on one of my HDDs.

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited April 2013

Technical advice hopefully forthcoming, BMan (from somebody smarter than me), but your first entry for April is expected by midnight Friday. No excuses, now.

Post edited by Dorseyland on
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited April 2013

OMG! Three pages and it's still the first day of the month? You'ze guys are tooo much fun! Sorry I have not been up in here much this last month, but REAL LIFE hit hard with tax time and all. Iv'e been busy making balloon animals....urmmm....I mean prying my fingers from between the adding machine keys from adding all the ...uhem...."numbers"!!!!!

Hopefull it's about over. DANG THIS PLACE IS HOPPIN'!!! Reminds me of my old Jamminwolfie days. Gawd I miss him! I do know he has a new age progression character set for sale at Rendo. Lucy something.

Anyway, Dorsey, I resemble your new "EXTRA ROOLS" number 1. I just felt so comfortable reading it. COOL ROOL!

Sure hope to see DAT REAL MAN renders goin on this month LG. I have them all ya know.

I'm gonna donate a prize. Now...I know that LG and Dorsey always seem to produce something that wins a place each month. I also know that, They both have this prize from the past. Since neither can enter this month (nanny nanny boo boo!) this will leave a good chance for someone else to win this prize. THIS PRIZE WILL GO TO THE THREE WINNERS. I will be donating a copy of my Beverly Hillbillies Shack with all it's 30 movable props to each winner. If by chance someone, who has won it before, wins again this month, I will replace it with a list of things I have made for this challenge, and they can choose from it.

So...

:-)

Post edited by music2u4u on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Music, when you have time I need to talk to you.

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

check your pm box.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,092
    edited December 1969

Hi Music! Nice to see you in here! :-)

Dana

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Wow! I get up and go to work and come back to three pages...nobody's entered anything yet, but there's three pages! My thanks to Dorsey for keeping things moving in my absence. Not only am I working 10 hour days, but I'm battling the aftermath of a flu bug that just won't let go. It's good for a legitimate excuse for hittin' the 40 proof cherry stuff just to get some sleep. Okay...so...um...if there are no more questions, I guess I'll just wait until something happens...

• perlkperlk Posts: 847
    edited December 1969

Well, someone's gotta open this contest up, might as well be me, testing out the new render capabilities of my new computer, woohoo!

Here's my real person, I hope this suffices... the REAL WOMAN. I sure hope I live next to her someday. "Thanks darlin. Now git off ma lawn!!!!!"

Not counted: V4, V4 morphs
    Paid/Not Free: Cobra Motorhome (I won this a couple years ago), Neighbor's Yard (I also won this one) - they were free to me :-)

Free:

Rifle
    Scooter
    Lilly-Beth V4 (made much fatter)
    Cigarette
    Flexy Hair
    Dress
    Chip bag
    Soda
    Trash can
    Rusty bath
    Flip flops

Post-work: Signature and copyright

reallady.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 151K
    edited December 1969

Wow! I get up and go to work and come back to three pages...nobody's entered anything yet, but there's three pages! My thanks to Dorsey for keeping things moving in my absence. Not only am I working 10 hour days, but I'm battling the aftermath of a flu bug that just won't let go. It's good for a legitimate excuse for hittin' the 40 proof cherry stuff just to get some sleep. Okay...so...um...if there are no more questions, I guess I'll just wait until something happens...

Spoke too soon, LG :-)

edited December 1969

BTW, I might re-render and re-post. I only just noticed that I moved the rifle and forgot to re-position the fingers on her left hand. Grrr. Can't do it now, though, baby's bed time.

edited December 1969

perlk said:
    Well, someone's gotta open this contest up, might as well be me, testing out the new render capabilities of my new computer, woohoo!

Here's my real person, I hope this suffices... the REAL WOMAN. I sure hope I live next to her someday. "Thanks darlin. Now git off ma lawn!!!!!"

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=61036_LRYAYKJHYnpMmjkGyg2z&thumb=1&board_id=1

Good one!

I'd advise y'all to keep off her lawn! :lol:

Dana

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

For those who want to know, the ship I giving is in the Hexagon forum.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/19759/

Just gotta finish the textures, but I've already had a complaint about the windshield. May have to change it.

Gerry

edited December 1969

BWSMAN needs some help with his WINDOWS 7. See his post top of this page and offer advice if you can.

Probably swolled up and sealed shut after that bugger of a winter.

MUSIC4U2U -- Thanks a million, man, for making the BEVERLY HILLBILLIES SHACK available to more people.

It's a deliberately ugly beauty, inside and out, and fits in well with this month's Real People theme. Loads of fun to render with and very versatile, even well beyond redneck country. Also comes with a full-bladdery functioning toilet if ya gotta pee.

Shack2.jpg
    1468 x 927 - 232K
    Shack.jpg
    1138 x 877 - 190K
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Uh-oh. Music's in trouble, Music's in trouble, nya nya na na nah!

edited December 1969

PERLK: Most EXCELLENT opening shot in this month's contest!

FRIGHTENINGLY real lady, especially with that expression on her face, which you absolutely nailed! A great example of how a scene can be kept simple and still have a tremendous impact. Really well done. A further edit welcome if you wish.

Hands up -- how many of you guys already DO live next door to this fair creature?

Now then, the security guards still won't let me inside Renderosity, so I can't check those links, but all the rest are fine, so I'm going to provisionally say ENTRY ACCEPTED with thanks and hope that they let Ganthor into Rendo later, even if he reeks of "40 proof cherry stuff".

Guys, please try to remember when linking to a page full of freebies, to point out where your specific freebie is on the page and save folks the scrolling time. :lol:

01_Perlk_-_Real_Lady.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 151K
    edited December 1969

NITEHAWK: Them's exactly the kind of spaceships we used to ride around in when I was a kid back in the 1950s. Never got to learn to drive one before the government decided that we'd had enough sci-fi fun and would have to stay on wheels on the ground from now on.

Say, is this model still available AFTER April Foo -- uh -- April 1st?

:roll:

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited April 2013

perlk said:

Not counted: V4, V4 morphs
    Paid/Not Free: Cobra Motorhome (I won this a couple years ago), Neighbor's Yard (I also won this one) - they were free to me :-)

Free:

Rifle
    Scooter
    Lilly-Beth V4 (made much fatter)
    Cigarette
    Flexy Hair
    Dress
    Chip bag
    Soda
    Trash can
    Rusty bath
    Flip flops

Post-work: Signature and copyright

Ah that's lovely.. yet a beer can on the mopad's stearing, and will look a lady who almost run me over with this thing ..

Edited to say that lady didnt had a gun ... I do not think than I would be writing here with you :) and perlk, lack of sleep serves ya ;)

Post edited by Gloomy007 on
    edited December 1969

FRIGHTENINGLY real lady, especially with that expression on her face, which you absolutely nailed! A great example of how a scene can be kept simple and still have a tremendous impact. Really well done. A further edit welcome if you wish.

Hands up -- how many of you guys already DO live next door to this fair creature?

Now then, the security guards still won't let me inside Renderosity, so I can't check those links, but all the rest are fine, so I'm going to provisionally say ENTRY ACCEPTED with thanks and hope that they let Ganthor into Rendo later, even if he reeks of "40 proof cherry stuff".

Guys, please try to remember when linking to a page full of freebies, to point out where your specific freebie is on the page and save folks the scrolling time. :lol:

Yeah, she's sort of spooky looking. I've know a few like her over the years. Very good render and just the sort of out-of-the-3D-norm we're looking for. All links, including the ones at Rendo that Dorsey can't seem to get into, check out and you're good to go!

edited April 2013

LOUIE GANTHOR -- I believe you have a BANNER to show these nice people. Come on, don't be shy.

It might be only a passing fancy as an actual banner we once could have all used, but Kendall needs it over in the archive gallery. ;-P

Post edited by Dorseyland on
  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

well I made it through the internet provider change without much downtime. not faster though. it sucks to live in a rural area where you only get up to 6. I'm jeleous of my daughter she gets about 24 I think in her speed. Everyone seems to be exceptionally talkative this month already. That is a good sign.

edited December 1969

It's the beer talking, but I can't understand a word it says.

Dai_Nippon_Brewery_Company,_1912.jpg
    640 x 964 - 333K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm so loving this month. It's off to a Great start and has been loads of fun.

Wanders over to Dosrey's frige full of pies and peeks in... Hmmm.... should I?

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,649
    edited December 1969

Dorsey, Mrs P's rendo links check out!
    edited December 1969

LOUIE GANTHOR -- I believe you have a BANNER to show these nice people. Come on, don't be shy.

It might be only a passing fancy as an actual banner we once could have all used, but Kendall needs it over in the archive gallery. ;-P

Ooops. Forgot all about that. Just 'cause we can't post banners any more is no reason why everybody shouldn't see what it could have been like.

!!Banner_We_Cant_Use_001.jpg
    487 x 86 - 57K
  • celebicelebi Posts: 38
    edited April 2013

textures have been completed and are being sent to dorsey to hand out as wished

puts out cookies

Post edited by celebi on
    edited December 1969

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....coookies! :P

Dana

edited December 1969

hey dana :)

how are you doing?

edited December 1969

celebi said:
    hey dana :)

how are you doing?

Hi celebi! I'm OK. I got some things working on the website! Some things are still baffling me, though. Freebies are ready for general consumption, though. Your purple for M4 Fairy Tale Prince has already been downloaded a couple of times! :-)

Dana

edited December 1969

glad things are working on the website :)

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

NITEHAWK: Them's exactly the kind of spaceships we used to ride around in when I was a kid back in the 1950s. Never got to learn to drive one before the government decided that we'd had enough sci-fi fun and would have to stay on wheels on the ground from now on.

Say, is this model still available AFTER April Foo -- uh -- April 1st?

:roll:

It will be...after I finish painting it.
    Do you know how long it takes to paint a million rivets? :P