Realistic Renders... NOT!! 12 "And we're back in the room!"

Comments

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited March 2013

I will do that when I get it back

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

It's under Power Options in Control Panel, click where it says Change plan settings next to HP Recommended. Turning off Quick Boot also helps some.

CHEERS!

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

really quick test render of Genesis in Daz Studio 4.5. I forgot the ground. scene needs a ton of work. lol

Tobias_test_1.jpg
    351 x 550 - 30K
    edited December 1969

Wascawy wabbit!

CHEERS!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited April 2013

..OK, I'm back. Have a good lot of my content now installed so I can actually do a more "coherent" scene.

Once again, The Kid though looking a tad more dangerous then when we last saw her.

Used

Forbidden Whispers' Lotus Flower Skin and makeup MATs.
    Pure Hair Wild (finally someone came up with a long tailed hair style)
    ElorOnceDark's Immortal Ronin re-textured using Marieh's Fabricator with the Silkessence expansion.
    Set in Predatron3D's Escape to Kyoto
    Lit with 3D Universe's Jasmin Lights (still have yet to figure out how to use UE by itself).

Still need to add her Daisho set and find my height gauge prop so I can get her stature correct (she is only 4'1") Its somewhere on the old system in a freebie folder.

the_kid_4.jpg
    884 x 884 - 467K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Nice,

Though it does need some lighting, a few shadows here and there would create more presence.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

...yeah the lights were a quick decision as I have to learn more about how to use UE now that I have a system which won't choke on it.

The only other prebuilt UE light sets I have are more for outdoors (Lantios I & II and Cloud9) or setting specific (The Bar, The Library, etc) .

I first tried the lights that came with the "Escape" set but they mainly only illuminated the background and left her in the dark. Adding an extra spotlight on her made the scene look way too bright even when I dropped the intensity to 60%. The issue turned out to be the lights supplied are Poser lights which are always to "hot" in Daz (but as to why adding a single narrow focused spot made everything look brighter, I don't know) so I will have to take the time to construct my own light rig for this set.

What makes this a bit more difficult is that my GPU will only display up to eight lights in OpenGL mode Checked that in the help tab after I couldn't see the effect of the spotlight I added without rendering). Kind of odd I thought since it has 1G of DDR5 VRAM while the integrated chipset on the old notebook (maximum of 128MB) could display twice as many.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited April 2013

Who needs fancy realism? Especially when you have toons taking over the world!

Sometimes it's nice to churn out simple stuff using presets. I tend to like to work lighting myself but for this I used the 3DU lights preset that come with jasmin. Skin is Tosca's CandyFactory textures for Hitomi and the outfit is anime nurse dress for genesis. Shapes include a bit of Mavka/S5/Julie/Hitomi and maybe even a hint of Chibi girl. rendered super fast, less than a minute.

She is mad you because you didn't take your meds! Better watch out!

@Dire Bunny Very cool renders!

nurse.jpg
    1200 x 1500 - 723K
    Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited December 1969

Sometimes it's nice to churn out simple stuff using presets. I tend to like to work lighting myself but for this I used the 3DU lights preset that come with jasmin. Skin is Tosca's CandyFactory textures for Hitomi and the outfit is anime nurse dress for genesis. Shapes include a bit of Mavka/S5/Julie/Hitomi and maybe even a hint of Chibi girl. rendered super fast, less than a minute.

...no wonder I woke up with a nasty cough this morning. :cheese:

Nicely done. I like the Jasmin lights. Most likely some of the "darkness" in mine is because the set has a roof which is creating a shadow for the UE area lighting.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...yeah the lights were a quick decision as I have to learn more about how to use UE now that I have a system which won't choke on it.

The only other prebuilt UE light sets I have are more for outdoors (Lantios I & II and Cloud9) or setting specific (The Bar, The Library, etc) .

I first tried the lights that came with the "Escape" set but they mainly only illuminated the background and left her in the dark. Adding an extra spotlight on her made the scene look way too bright even when I dropped the intensity to 60%. The issue turned out to be the lights supplied are Poser lights which are always to "hot" in Daz (but as to why adding a single narrow focused spot made everything look brighter, I don't know) so I will have to take the time to construct my own light rig for this set.

What makes this a bit more difficult is that my GPU will only display up to eight lights in OpenGL mode Checked that in the help tab after I couldn't see the effect of the spotlight I added without rendering). Kind of odd I thought since it has 1G of DDR5 VRAM while the integrated chipset on the old notebook (maximum of 128MB) could display twice as many.

I've got Lantios Portrait Lights and Core 1, 2 and 3. I'll investigate them and see what happens. Ring of Light looks appealing too.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Heheh, that's why I add the 'NOT'.

Great render anyway!

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Im not a huge toon manga fan if i could make my figures more real looking then dollish I would but I look at this as a story told by virtual toy sets http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/512-362612779?q=gallery:bobvan/27853731&qo=501

8605752758_054c7c5070_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 109K
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Great render anyway!

CHEERS!

Of course I was teasing :) Thanks

Nicely done. I like the Jasmin lights. Most likely some of the "darkness" in mine is because the set has a roof which is creating a shadow for the UE area lighting.

Thanks. WHen using the lights with a ground plane or roof I sometimes change the occulsion color to something other than the default. Depends on the character and mood though, I think the occulsion color starts of orange brown, and sometimes its good to shift it elsewhere. Or I turn down the occlusion strength. Either way the simple set of lights can be useful.

edited December 1969
    800 x 426 - 109K
    edited December 1969
    800 x 426 - 131K
    edited December 1969
    800 x 426 - 153K
    edited April 2013

Another toon for today. Still using Jasmin lights, and Tosca's CandyFactory for hitomi textures. I just picked a different skin from the set. Outfit is Phantasie for V4. I added the pink tint to the image in post work.

This is the end of the road for me and cuteness but it was a fun run :)

dark-warrior-loli.jpg
    1200 x 1500 - 606K
    Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Great render anyway!

CHEERS!

Of course I was teasing :) Thanks

Thanks. WHen using the lights with a ground plane or roof I sometimes change the occulsion color to something other than the default. Depends on the character and mood though, I think the occulsion color starts of orange brown, and sometimes its good to shift it elsewhere. Or I turn down the occlusion strength. Either way the simple set of lights can be useful.

...I'll give that a try. Again, fairly new to playing with UE settings.

edited December 1969

I have done lots a nice stuff with UE lights before Lux its good you have a monster system now

edited December 1969

Another toon for today. Still using Jasmin lights, and Tosca's CandyFactory for hitomi textures. I just picked a different skin from the set. Outfit is Phantasie for V4. I added the pink tint to the image in post work.

...looks a bit like a grown up Sadie. Is that Amy or Jasmin?
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    Im not a huge toon manga fan if i could make my figures more real looking then dollish I would but I look at this as a story told by virtual toy sets http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/512-362612779?q=gallery:bobvan/27853731&qo=501

This guy looks like he's singing opera!

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Nice,

Where is the background from!?

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    Bobvan said:

CHEERS!

LOL no he's yelling

edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    I have done lots a nice stuff with UE lights before Lux its good you have a monster system now

...yeah I still have to send Paolo the screenshot of the registration page to get the new SN. Been busy installing stuff. Finally found the remaining backup DVDs yesterday evening with all my old environment sets (Stonemason, Predatron etc.) and content purchased before the HD crash of 2010.

...and dealing with a few RL annoyances along the way.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...I'll give that a try. Again, fairly new to playing with UE settings.

I hear ya, takes time but it does sinks in after some experimentation. I think one of the challenges with using UE is there are so many options and presets that use it that it's hard to know WHERE to start.

And while the Jasmin/Amy Lights are meant for toons, if you turn down the specular light that loads in the group I think the set can work in other situations as well.

edited April 2013

....in the earlier pic of The Kid I posted (the one using the Woodland Realms set), I use the basic Toon lights straight out of the box.

As I mentioned, now that I have a system which will support working with UE without crashing, I can start messing around with the "finer details".

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Nice,

Where is the background from!?

CHEERS!

Oh gosh I'm not at home at the moment, but it's one of the $2 MPC backdrops from daz...I'll remember eventually...

...looks a bit like a grown up Sadie. Is that Amy or Jasmin?

Muhahaha. There is no Sadie in there except for the hair. Well maybe like 10 percent sadie and I just forgot, but mostly Hitomi/Mavka.

edited April 2013

...I have Genesis/Mavka. There's a small part of her in my LeelaTeen to help get that more lithe child like physique the character has. She's also a component in my Merida project to get that slightly rounder head and face.

Currently working on a fun little scene with Amy. Missed a DL for the Ecomantics plugin so have to get that fixed first.

edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    Rogerbee said:
    Bobvan said:

CHEERS!

LOL no he's yelling

Thought so, that's the trouble with some expression morphs, there's no emotion behind a lot of them.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Oh gosh I'm not at home at the moment, but it's one of the $2 MPC backdrops from daz...I'll remember eventually...

I see, I've probably got it somewhere, I bought up and downloaded loads of them over the years.

CHEERS!

This discussion has been closed.