DAZ Studio Pro, Version 4.5.1.56, is Now Available!

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

shawnlau said:
    What is the bug reporting procedure? Where does one report them?

bugs.daz3d.com

You'll need to register for it -- it doesn't tie in to your DAZ 3D login.

• scotchfairyscotchfairy Posts: 54
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Well - there WAS a bug report somewhere ... but it was called fixed.
    And as far as I remember I was told to buy a newer tablet (mine is an Intuos3) ... no way, no money.
    Let's hope you can work without problems now. :)

Make sure you're running the latest version of the tablet driver software. It glitches LESS OFTEN if you do. I ran into all the problems
    you describe when I first installed CS 5.5 last year. The other reason that your sliders may be over-reacting is a lo-tek one: you may
    need to replace the tablet nib. When it wears down too far, it starts getting pressed up inside the pen too far, making the tablet think that
    there's still pressure on the nib even after you've raised the pen from the tablet surface. Also, the pen sensors can get wonky if you
    leave the pen laying around on its side all the time instead of using the holder stand that keeps the pen upright when not in use.
    I was told by Wacom to leave the pen sitting in the holder upright for 24 hours, and if I still had slider problems, to change the nib.
    If I still had problems, then it was the driver software. I see that there was a new update for the Intuos3 driver for MacOS posted
    to Wacom's website just this week. Maybe it's just their Windows support guys who are rude?

But I agree, the disappearing pointer problem happens in other applications on MacOS as well, so I don't *think* it's Studio that's
    causing the problem.

• chorsechorse Posts: 163
    edited December 1969

Is DAZ still putting out beta releases to DS? I can't seem to find them. Thanks

edited December 1969

chorse said:
    Is DAZ still putting out beta releases to DS? I can't seem to find them. Thanks

There hasn't been a public beta since 4.5.1.56 was released.

• Blaine91555Blaine91555 Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

If it helps at all, Wacom 3, Windows7 64 bit, latest drivers and zero issues. I just tested after reading here.

No more Beta's usually means the next full version is near.

I've just started really testing Studio and learning it. It seems pretty solid other than an occasional odd freeze for reasons I have not figured out yet. Always to do with rendering so far.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Well - there WAS a bug report somewhere ... but it was called fixed.
    And as far as I remember I was told to buy a newer tablet (mine is an Intuos3) ... no way, no money.
    Let's hope you can work without problems now. :)

Make sure you're running the latest version of the tablet driver software. It glitches LESS OFTEN if you do. I ran into all the problems
    you describe when I first installed CS 5.5 last year. The other reason that your sliders may be over-reacting is a lo-tek one: you may
    need to replace the tablet nib. When it wears down too far, it starts getting pressed up inside the pen too far, making the tablet think that
    there's still pressure on the nib even after you've raised the pen from the tablet surface. Also, the pen sensors can get wonky if you
    leave the pen laying around on its side all the time instead of using the holder stand that keeps the pen upright when not in use.
    I was told by Wacom to leave the pen sitting in the holder upright for 24 hours, and if I still had slider problems, to change the nib.
    If I still had problems, then it was the driver software. I see that there was a new update for the Intuos3 driver for MacOS posted
    to Wacom's website just this week. Maybe it's just their Windows support guys who are rude?

But I agree, the disappearing pointer problem happens in other applications on MacOS as well, so I don't *think* it's Studio that's
    causing the problem.

Thank you!
    I've updated the drivers and up to now no problems!
    And a special thank you for the information about putting the pen upright - I always used the indentation on the holder to let it lie ...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...well the first full week with the latest version on the nw workstation and so far, save for something glitching with the metadata, been working just fine. I use the tree display anyway as I find it easier to bounce back & forth between the runtime and library setups (besides, I'm one of those "top down" programmers from the olden days who worked in the ancient languages of the gods ;-)).

Still impressed at how fast the render times are even with transmaps like hair & foliage while using raytracing and UE. Did a test pic of my namesake set in the WPS II which rendered in around 6 minutes (and looked incredible). The last time I tried to render a scene using this set with a UE light set (in 3 Advanced 32 bit) it was maybe 20% complete after about 40 - 45 minutes.

• scotchfairyscotchfairy Posts: 54
    edited December 1969

Hah. I just had the "Mouse pointer goes *pouf*" problem while using my plain old Apple Magic Mouse (the thing that came with this iMac). The kicker is that the pointer still *works*, it just can't be seen. That actually sounds like a problem with Daz, not the Wacom tablet drivers.

The only choice is to quit out and restart.

By the way, why isn't there a "CLOSE" in the file menu? That's *always* been part of the Mac UI. I can't remember ever seeing a real program (not a hack) that broke that rule.

• matasoymatasoy Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

I am a new user of daz studio.
    registered, downloaded installer,
    there was 2 objects (Genesis Starter Essentials 478MB, Poser CF 21 MB). I choose them. And installer finished.
    BUT THERE NO PROGRAM NO EXE, NO SHORTCUT,
    WHAT KIND OF PROGRAM IS THIS, OR AM I SO STUPIT THAT I CANT FIND A LITTLE START EXE,

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME, I AM GETTING CREAZY.

FINALLY I DECIDE TO DOWNLOAD FROM CNET. 600MB
    BUT I DONT KNOW IS IT RIGTH VERSION, And my serial is suitable.

I PURHESED DAZ 3D STUDIO 4.5 PRO.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,712
    edited December 1969

The Install Manager is for content, not applications. To get the application you need to go to the Available Downloads page of your account: https://www.daz3d.com/downloadable/customer/products/

• matasoymatasoy Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

The Install Manager is for content, not applications. To get the application you need to go to the Available Downloads page of your account: https://www.daz3d.com/downloadable/customer/products/

OHH GOD BLESS YOU
    YOU ARE A HERO

• SandpaintsSandpaints Posts: 3
    edited March 2013

:exclaim: After installing the latest version of Studio Pro and registering, the program will not activate my content creator plugins. It recognizes the Pro registration, and even after installing the Content Creator package as additional encouragement, it doesn't ask for a serial number for that package and nothing changes.

The Pro version should recognize the appropriate serial number and automatically activate the content creator plugins - but so far it doesn't. Have tried exiting the program and re-start. Have tried re-entering the serial number. etc.

See screen captures. What might fix this?

Registered.JPG
    653 x 449 - 24K
    Broken_Plugins.JPG
    675 x 765 - 41K
    Post edited by Sandpaints on
    edited December 1969

Installing the CCT separately probably overwrote the versions built into DS with older versions. Uninstall the CCT, then reinstall DS. Make sure that it says Pro in the window title.

• SandpaintsSandpaints Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

That was the solution, thank you.

First I manually removed the broken plugins, (since I could not locate the CCT uninstall shortcut), then I reinstalled the latest version of Studio Pro.

All the other content and plugins of other vendors remained in place perfectly, as the new install removed the previous install, then reported that it was "cleaning legacy plugin items", and then completed the full install.

The result was Studio Pro, registered still without additional entry by myself, and all the plugins including some new ones I purchased today were all "GREEN" and ready to function.

Obviously with this new version of Studio Pro one does not want to install the Content Creator Toolkit except if there were any reason to do a roll back to the previous release. So for now I am packing away the Content Creator Toolkit and all previous installers for those specific plugins that are also in stand alone packages.

So other users, just install the latest version, activate the serial number for the Pro features if you need do, and stop there.

Again, thank you for the prompt answer and solution.

Plugins_Fixed._.JPG
    644 x 596 - 29K
  • plopsplops Posts: 71
    edited December 1969

Hah. I just had the "Mouse pointer goes *pouf*" problem while using my plain old Apple Magic Mouse (the thing that came with this iMac). The kicker is that the pointer still *works*, it just can't be seen. That actually sounds like a problem with Daz, not the Wacom tablet drivers.

By the way, why isn't there a "CLOSE" in the file menu? That's *always* been part of the Mac UI. I can't remember ever seeing a real program (not a hack) that broke that rule.

Hi!
    Don't know if I'm doin' this right or not, if not , sorry.

On my PC when pointer goes "poof", I manouver (invisible) it to "Viewport options" top right hand corner of viewport and left click, it re-apears.

edited December 1969

plops said:

Hi!

On my PC when pointer goes "poof", I manouver (invisible) it to "Viewport options" top right hand corner of viewport and left click, it re-apears.

Thank you! When my mouse pointer goes *poof* the next time, I will try that. Sounds much faster than closing and restarting!

• assmonkeyassmonkey Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Is there a gimp plug-in for this version?

Or will one ever be made??? Is anyone trying to make one

I really don't want to spend the money on photoshop, really wish for a gimp plug-in

edited December 1969

I don't think Gimp is able to do 3D, is it?
    My version is a bit older (but works so nicely I don't want to update ...)

edited December 1969

Gimp...does as much 3d as photshop...it sure isn't going to model, if that's what you mean.

Gimp is still a good post tool, to do touches, just what photoshop does...so...yeah. Gimp plug-in, so people can use a free source with daz

edited December 1969

Ehm - the Photoshop plugin is a 3D Bridge to Photoshop CS3 Extended or higher - which have 3D abilities.
    It is not sending a picture to Photoshop, it is sending a 3D scene to Photoshop.

edited December 1969

...sadly, .the responsibility for a GIMP to Daz Daz to Gimp bridge lies with the developers of GIMP. I've already brought this up on the GIMP forums but still never received a reply. Daz has no control over this.

edited April 2013

...OK, so now I keep losing my Default Camera and have this "Perspective View" instead. Can't move the perspective view using transition sliders (which is faster than using the in viewport pan control). Why does this keep disappearing?

-----

Update:

OK found it in the preferences but had to manually turn it back on then exit the app and reopen it again to get it to show up.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • edited December 1969

I have DS3 installed.
    Will it overwrite it, or can I mess with it side by side? Oh, sorry. Not at the same time.

Thanks.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited April 2013

Gary_P said:
    or can I mess with it side by side? Oh, sorry. Not at the same time.

Thanks.

Yep, and you could if your PC will handle it.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,109
    edited December 1969

Gary_P said:
    I have DS3 installed.
    Will it overwrite it, or can I mess with it side by side? Oh, sorry. Not at the same time.

Thanks.

Yes you can. But you have to make sure you have the different versions installed in different folders. I use Studio 2.3 for Bryce 5.5, 3 for Bryce 6 and 4.5 for Bryce 7.1. I have all three Studio versions and all Bryce versions from 4 installed. When I launch Studio out of Bryce 7, it even asks me whether I want to start Studio 3 32-bit or Studio 4.5 64-bit.
    edited December 1969

Ok, question.

My friend download Daz pro. Alright, I could've sworn that Pro came with Auto-fit. Doesn't it?

I mean, that was one of the things that I thought came with pro, because I talked to another friend saying he just bought Pro for the auto-fit (this was last year when it wasn't free)

Does it not come with it anymore?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,712
    edited December 1969

Yes, AutoFit should be there - check that your friend "bought" DS 4 Pro from the store and entered the serial number.

edited December 1969

Yes, AutoFit should be there - check that your friend "bought" DS 4 Pro from the store and entered the serial number.

He was using Daz, he was playing around with it and had Genesis. and he said, "the built-in one wasn't working" and went and got into the store, ordered the auto-fit again...then said, "it's working much better now."

He wasn't believing me when I said it came with it.

• Art_JunkieArt_Junkie Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

plops said:

Hi!

Thanks for that tip. Been having that problem on my Dell Laptop since the earliest 4.5 version.

edited December 1969

And I had it happen just now - and the viewport options click worked! Hooray!