"Brace yourself, my dear wallet! There's always another Sale - and Glitches!"

Comments

• Orpheus13Orpheus13 Posts: 274

The mega grab's being worked on.

Ok, thanks Cris.

Is it normal that they only include artists with names starting with A, B and C, or is it a glitch too ?

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,142

That I don't know, sorry.

• Orpheus13Orpheus13 Posts: 274
    L'Adair said:

I'm glad it worked out for you. But I'm sorry to hear about your fur baby. I hope all will be well with him/her soon. Hugs.

Sadly, probably not. She is receiving the University of Wisconsin chemotherpy treatment protocol for lymphoma.  It is expensive  (about $2500 total) and probably will extend her life by only about a year; but it is the best procedure currently available.

That's what they said abou tmy cat. I couldn't afford the treatment, and didn't want to extend her pain anyway.

She lived 5 more happy years. Here's hoping...

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,713
    edited October 2017
    tkz said:

Lots of mega fast grab discounts not working... as per usual. This is getting really sad. 

I've only been here for about 4 months... hard to believe people aren't getting fired for such terrible quality control. Was there ever a time when this store wasn't full of broken everything?

I think choosing Magento when they upgraded the store was a bad idea, it has a bad reputation among developers:

https://danconnor.com/posts/4f65ea41daac4ed031000017/

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • tkztkz Posts: 149
    edited October 2017

Give it about 10 min and please try again and report back, please.

Being worked on? What is this, 1999? Having forum remembers reporting bugs every single day is really sad. 

Considering there is a new sale every few days, you'd think that after years of looking like a bunch of hacks, someone at Daz would build a script to implement new sales smoothly.

Post edited by tkz on
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    edited October 2017
    Taoz said:
    tkz said:

Lots of mega fast grab discounts not working... as per usual. This is getting really sad. 

I've only been here for about 4 months... hard to believe people aren't getting fired for such terrible quality control. Was there ever a time when this store wasn't full of broken everything?

I think choosing Magento when they upgraded the store was a bad idea, it has a bad reputation among developers:

Wow! I had always thought it was DAZ somehow. Good (bad?) to know it's the software. Looks like multiple people changed to Shopify and had much better results. Wonder if DAZ will ever switch.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    edited October 2017
    Taoz said:
    tkz said:

I used to run a magento store with 30,000+ items, so I'm one of those who hate it. :D

Knowing a bit about magento, I have to say that the Daz store is very stable. The only real issue is with the discounts, and the reason behind that is simply the number of discounts. Most stores have zero, or a maximum, of one discount. That's easy to set up. With Daz, you have a base DO discount, you have the new item discount, and these are only the starters. Then you have two or three other discounts on top of these. And the coupons. It's the complexity of the discounts that causes the issue -- and this all comes down to humans. The store does what it's told to do. But with five or six different discounts to manage at any given time, I can only imagine what nightmare Daz marketing is going through when setting these sales up.

But I think most of us would stop buying stuff if the sales were any less complex. "Here you go, 30% off everything today. Nothing else." I just don't think too many people would be interested in that kind of sale.

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    Ati said:
    Taoz said:
    tkz said:

But I think most of us would stop buying stuff if the sales were any less complex. "Here you go, 30% off everything today. Nothing else." I just don't think too many people would be interested in that kind of sale.

It's probably the gambling/game aspect that keeps many of us checking back. ;)

Ati said:
    Taoz said:
    tkz said:

It's probably the gambling/game aspect that keeps many of us checking back. ;)

Yeah, I think so. Don't take that away! :))))

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128
    tkz said:

Give it haabout 10 min and please try again and report back, please.

Being worked on? What is this, 1999? Having forum remembers reporting bugs every single day is really sad. 

Considering there is a new sale every few days, you'd think that after years of looking like a bunch of hacks, someone at Daz would build a script to implement new sales smoothly.

Have you _read_ the thread title? They don’t just have a new sale ‘every few days’, they have 3-4 sales _daily_. And most of the time, they have all glitches sorted out within a couple of hours of the flip-over. Given that I sometimes benefit from the glitches and they support that, I think they  usually do a stellar job and I’m not going to complain when I have to wait a few hours to get the expected discount. 

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755
    edited October 2017

But I think most of us would stop buying stuff if the sales were any less complex.

It's a little complicated. I just don't like the Daz Speak and Daz Maths together.

Very confusing without your browser add-on and email notices.

In comparison, the other place has horrible sales. I can never figure out WHO is on sale.

The sale emails are so uninspiring. I get ALL TEXT in my notices and you can't tell what's on sale from the description -

especially the wishlist.

The items vary so greatly in quality. OLD Daz stuff still kinda rocks.

-----------------------------------

Daz

What I do like is the fact that they put live links INSIDE THE SALES SPEAK.

Nice, to be able to just follow ONE LINK and see what the "Still New" items are and OPen ONE LINK and see all the free items to choose from instead of that scrolling banner.

That is huge.

I still open 17 browser windows and follow every lead. lol

Add EVERYTHING I WANT and then play my favorite game callled..

Subtract-items-by-Add-to-wishlist-no-put-it-back-because-the-cart-jumped-up-in-price.

Post edited by Griffin Avid on
  • deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

Did I miss a big sale 7 hours ago or was it a glitch? My email from Arti said a huge amount of stuff on my wishlist dropped down to 65% off at around 2am central time but when I come to the store this morning none of it is on sale. :( 

Did I miss a big sale 7 hours ago or was it a glitch? My email from Arti said a huge amount of stuff on my wishlist dropped down to 65% off at around 2am central time but when I come to the store this morning none of it is on sale. :( 

Yeah, we missed it. :( They were only on sale for a little over an hour. I thought I'd have a lot of stuff to go through when I wake up, but by then that sale (or glitch?) was gone. It looked like a normal megafastgrab sale, but those vendors are not in megafastgrab any more. :(

• y3kmany3kman Posts: 765
    Ati said:
    Taoz said:
    tkz said:

As a fairly new customer on a tight budget, I'd rather have the straightforward sales offered by the other stores over the endless cart juggling, Daz Math, coupon screwups, store glitches, etc. the official Daz store have. Is it too much to ask for a single day without a store error? This month-long sale has been a nightmare for me. This daily occurance of problems is unacceptable and I would've been fired from my work if I screw up every single day. I'm now wondering if I overpaid for some of my old purchases since I just recently installed the browser helper. Heck, I still have an open ticket regarding the PA catchup weekend sale and still haven't heard from sales support when the sale has already ended. They could've told me to make a new order with the items that would trigger the extra discount, combine the two orders, and then convert the excess payment as store credit. But, no, I was silly to wait for a reply.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Mattymanx store doesn't have any base discounts applied. It will discount a bit in the cart (33%) 

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805

RawArt store is also missing all featured artist discounts

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805

Maybe the name for the next sale thread should just be "Today's Glitches"

y3kman said:
    Ati said:
    Taoz said:
    tkz said:

As a fairly new customer on a tight budget, I'd rather have the straightforward sales offered by the other stores over the endless cart juggling, Daz Math, coupon screwups, store glitches, etc. the official Daz store have. Is it too much to ask for a single day without a store error? This month-long sale has been a nightmare for me. This daily occurance of problems is unacceptable and I would've been fired from my work if I screw up every single day. I'm now wondering if I overpaid for some of my old purchases since I just recently installed the browser helper. Heck, I still have an open ticket regarding the PA catchup weekend sale and still haven't heard from sales support when the sale has already ended. They could've told me to make a new order with the items that would trigger the extra discount, combine the two orders, and then convert the excess payment as store credit. But, no, I was silly to wait for a reply.

I don't think most other stores have 80-90% off sales -- the kind of sales you can sometimes get here, if you are persistent enough, and figure out what triggers what sale. I think these sales are way better for those on a tight budget.

I might come across as defending Daz -- but in fact I'm selfish as heck, not wanting to give up these 90% off sales in favor of a "straightforward sale" of a lot less. :D

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    y3kman said:

Sales support is really good,  they are flooded with tickets during a sale and they work as fast as they can. Don't know what your specific issue was with your order, but I can tell you right now they don't "combine two orders" - that's not how it works. That would screw up their order numbers and receipts. (I did ask about that, when I was a new shopper, so I know that seems logical but not from a business point of view. Order numbers would have to be invalidated, etc. That would be a mess.)

You put the products in your cart and do a screenshot. They prefer that over people rebuying everything and canceling orders (and I'm not guessing here, I have extensive history of support tickets with lower prices.)  You can do the latter (rebuy and cancel)  but according to support it's not the preferred method. They're very nice people and try hard to get through the tickets as fast as they can. This is Monday, and you're mentioning a weekend ticket- it may be today, or tomorrow, before they wade through the tickets and get to you. They're not a 24/7 live chat type operation. Hope you get it sorted out today though! 

Not sure I agree with that sentiment... in order to play this stupid game of poorly slashing prices every day, the prices are hiked up to begin with. If you had normal prices because they weren't always playing the game, you wouldn't need 75-90% off to get a reasonable price... You could also buy what you need when you need it without wasting tons of your time juggling the contents of a cart, checking if what you need is on sale today, and then having to checking daily to see if you overpaid for anything in the last 30 days. Nor would you have to deal with these sales not working every single freaking day... Nor would you have a customer base with continually growing resentment. The time savings alone dwarf the extra 10-15% to get to 85-90% off...

Don't get me wrong, Rendo isn't ideal either.... their site is worse in so many ways i don't where to begin... but I enjoy shopping there a lot more now. It's not 1% as stressful and frustrating as this place. If a well made 3d store asset opened, they'd have most of my business overnight. 

@ati - on a related note, is there a reason quite a few vendors only seem to get 30 days of price history in your add-on? (...and thank you again for it!)

edited October 2017
    tkz said:

Not sure I agree with that sentiment... in order to play this stupid game of poorly slashing prices every day, the prices are hiked up to begin with.

Are they? I've visited three of four stores, and the prices just blew my mind. $50-$100 for a clothing item, hundreds of dollars for environments. I honestly don't know who those stores are for. Compared to that, most (maybe not all) prices here are pretty acceptable, to begin with, in my opinion.

tkz said:
    @ati - on a related note, is there a reason quite a few vendors only seem to get 30 days of price history in your add-on? (...and thank you again for it!)

There's a setting on the options page: short or long timeframe. Short timeframe is one month, long timeframe is one year. However, this only means anything if there's more data available. New products usually have a few days of history because prices are made available before the products are, but something that only came out two weeks ago will only have a very short price history.

Post edited by Ati on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited October 2017

I actually love the gaming feel to the sales. Makes DAZ shopping my favorite sport! What great 3D stuff will I be hunting today? It's usually very entertaining, and sometimes downright frustrating, but wow the amount of creative art we're exposed to on a daily basis is amazing. I get so many ideas from looking at the products. 

Today there are some very good discounts on Aave Nainan and Blondie9999, Thrilled to see them in the Mega Fast Grab again. I also love being able to view gallery pics of the products on the product page with Ati and Overdrawn's DAZ Deals plug-in. I wasn't sure I wanted Aave's Free Spirit hair until I saw what some of the users did with it. Wow. And only $5 today. Sold! 

Post edited by Llynara on
  • y3kmany3kman Posts: 765
    Ati said:

I don't think most other stores have 80-90% off sales -- the kind of sales you can sometimes get here, if you are persistent enough, and figure out what triggers what sale. I think these sales are way better for those on a tight budget.

I might come across as defending Daz -- but in fact I'm selfish as heck, not wanting to give up these 90% off sales in favor of a "straightforward sale" of a lot less. :D

The Daz store definitely gives better sales and the products have higher quality but the buying experience needs improvement. I don't mind paying higher if it's more convenient for me. Less headaches = better.

but I can tell you right now they don't "combine two orders" - that's not how it works. That would screw up their order numbers and receipts. (I did ask about that, when I was a new shopper, so I know that seems logical but not from a business point of view. Order numbers would have to be invalidated, etc. That would be a mess.)

Duly noted.  One thing I learned from this sale is to buy stuff only when the sale is about to end (prices have already been checked and fixed).

Certainly don't buy things as soon as the sale is implemented... unless the prices are too good to believe.

edited October 2017
    Ati said:
    tkz said:

There's a setting on the options page: short or long timeframe. Short timeframe is one month, long timeframe is one year. However, this only means anything if there's more data available. New products usually have a few days of history because prices are made available before the products are, but something that only came out two weeks ago will only have a very short price history.

Well that is very strange... I swear I changed it... and I swear I was seeing full history for most vendors, but some weren't... I just went in to to get screenshots... and sure enough... the setting was set to short history. Thinking I must have only made the change on one computer... and just assumed it was all stored in the cloud instead of in the addon. Sorry for the trouble, and thank you!

Re higher prices... I definitely think so. The "Second" rate characters I have wishlisted on Daz are $19-23 each... meanwhile on Rendo the ones I have flagged are $12-15... which looks like a ~35% higher price.  

Llynara, have you taken the time to count how much time you're investing in playing this game? It's a hidden Daz tax that doubles, if not triples, the price for me... During this sale, an average daily check and juggle of 15 minutes... that works out to 7.5 hrs over the month... now multiply that for all the people who are doing what I'm doing... and look at how much wasted man power Daz is causing with this game.

Post edited by tkz on
    y3kman said:
    Ati said:

The Daz store definitely gives better sales and the products have higher quality but the buying experience needs improvement. I don't mind paying higher if it's more convenient for me. Less headaches = better.

If that's what you prefer, then there's the fixed 30% new product discount, that's straightforward. Fastrgab is a fixed 70% off, if you don't mind waiting and hoping. Flash sales are usually pretty straightforward as well. And if you don't want to, or can't wait, then you can always buy the items at full price.

I think there's something for everyone here.

(You can probably tell that I love this marketing model. :D)

edited October 2017
    tkz said:
    Ati said:
    tkz said:

Well that is very strange... I swear I changed it... and I swear I was seeing full history for most vendors, but some weren't... I just went in to to get screenshots... and sure enough... the setting was set to short history. Thinking I must have only made the change on one computer... and just assumed it was all stored in the cloud instead of in the addon. Sorry for the trouble, and thank you!

Re higher prices... I definitely think so. The "Second" rate characters I have wishlisted on Daz are $19-23 each... meanwhile on Rendo the ones I have flagged are $12-15... which looks like a ~35% higher price.  

Llynara, have you taken the time to count how much time you're investing in playing this game? It's a hidden Daz tax that doubles, if not triples, the price for me... During this sale, an average daily check and juggle of 15 minutes... that works out to 7.5 hrs over the month... now multiply that for all the people who are doing what I'm doing... and look at how much wasted man power Daz is causing with this game.

It's only wasted time if one isn't enjoying it. Llynara clearly does (as do many others). 

ETA: (Wow, and only 15 minutes a day? Wow. I spend much closer to an hour and I don't hate any of it.)

Post edited by dreamfarmer on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    tkz said:

Not sure I agree with that sentiment... in order to play this stupid game of poorly slashing prices every day, the prices are hiked up to begin with. If you had normal prices because they weren't always playing the game, you wouldn't need 75-90% off to get a reasonable price... You could also buy what you need when you need it without wasting tons of your time juggling the contents of a cart, checking if what you need is on sale today, and then having to checking daily to see if you overpaid for anything in the last 30 days. Nor would you have to deal with these sales not working every single freaking day... Nor would you have a customer base with continually growing resentment. The time savings alone dwarf the extra 10-15% to get to 85-90% off...

Don't get me wrong, Rendo isn't ideal either.... their site is worse in so many ways i don't where to begin... but I enjoy shopping there a lot more now. It's not 1% as stressful and frustrating as this place. If a well made 3d store asset opened, they'd have most of my business overnight. 

They tried the lower prices and no or very few sales once it didn't seem to last very long so I guess it didn't work.

Problem with rendo is if you have a product with a problem good luck with getting it fixed or a refund as Rendo relies on the vendor to do customer support and don't have a refund policy.

I wonder what you consider makes a store a 'well made 3d store asset', have you tried Hivewire?

• scorpio said:

They tried the lower prices and no or very few sales once it didn't seem to last very long so I guess it didn't work.

This is well known in economics. For some reason getting something for X dollars with (imaginary) Y dollars off feels better to people than getting the same thing for X dollars.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    tkz said:
    Ati said:
    tkz said:

It eats into my writing time some days, but I have gotten so many ideas for my books that I consider it research. I also create my book covers from DAZ products, and have recently starting creating them for other authors. Looking at the sales and new products is part of my work flow. I wish I only spent 15 minutes doing it. I also know if I wasn't here, I'd be doing the same thing elsewhere, scanning for new ideas, items and tools to bring my visions into reality. I love it!

Note: I do not watch television, at all. That frees up TONS of time to shop at DAZ! 

This discussion has been closed.