JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS IV]

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

Hey Jack!

I got some WestPark feeling into your sofa ;-)

They_are_coming.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 221K
  • Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,085
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Hey Jack!

I got some WestPark feeling into your sofa ;-)

Looking good there Totte! Wonder if those stains will come out ;)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited March 2013

Pimp my Westpark, nicely done Totte. Luxus again. I ask as there some glare around the light bulb that doesn't look like 3Delight.

Well me first Luxus test failed (see below) but did that stop me...naaaa I am trying again and again using bits and bobs from Jack's aresenal. This time with that I have learnt from doing the image below and reading the material section of the LuxWiki I think I am getting somewhere...hopefully. Can't tell until morning but it seems to be rendering ok.

I was going to title this image as "Whilst chewing things over I realsied you don't need a big fat wallet to enjoy unbiased rendering" but it is a bit of a mouthful and not catchy enough so I went with Crude Rendering Again Pete, C.R.A.P for short. ;)

So what wooden item of Jack's is this?

d20c.png
    700 x 393 - 444K
    Post edited by Szark on
    edited March 2013

Nope, DS ;-)

And Pretty superb render Szark!
    No idea what item that is....

Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

I see what is making the noise around the bulb, the shade. DOH!

Thanks Totte but I don't rate it at all. But it was only a test for testing different lights and mats. Now I am doing a proper image. Again can't be big but with using the Pre Multiply Alpha I can do a foreground and background render and compositie the two.

I have all the Linear render setting all set up in Daz Studio so I can just load props set up the mats and render with the same lighting specs, like Gain of each light. I am using a high res HDRI and a Sun.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Been taking advantage of the March sales and picked up a few new items. Here's a render I did using one of them recently. I figured the Curator Aquarum could really use a working fountain, so I created one using primitives. I used cylinders, torus', and planes with clever use of the polygon selection tool to hide the bits I didn't need and turned the visible areas into a cascade of water. Sadly, the opacity map didn't quite come out as I hoped, so it looks a bit flatter than I intended.

If anyone knows of a good way to 'poke holes' in a refraction, I'd love to know. At any rate, it still came out rather nicely. Enjoy.

Carefree_web.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 986K
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Crude Rendering Again Pete, C.R.A.P for short. ;)

lol..

Hmm, is it the Carnival picnic table?

edited December 1969

Been taking advantage of the March sales and picked up a few new items. Here's a render I did using one of them recently. I figured the Curator Aquarum could really use a working fountain, so I created one using primitives. I used cylinders, torus', and planes with clever use of the polygon selection tool to hide the bits I didn't need and turned the visible areas into a cascade of water. Sadly, the opacity map didn't quite come out as I hoped, so it looks a bit flatter than I intended.

If anyone knows of a good way to 'poke holes' in a refraction, I'd love to know. At any rate, it still came out rather nicely. Enjoy.

Nice image..

That little kid in the bg looks a bit precarious though lol.. hope he doesn't slip ;)

edited December 1969

Szark said:

lol..

Hmm, is it the Carnival picnic table?Nope. :)

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Szark said:

lol..

Hmm, is it the Carnival picnic table?

Nope. :)

Hmmmmmm.. is that the original texture? or has it been re-purposed? (totally stumped lol)

edited December 1969

Nope as it came loaded from one of the ParkSide sets. :)

Funny you should say that I did some texture pimping on PS Point Rock and Cliffhanger/Gorge on Saturday.

edited December 1969

You know, without going to look I have no idea lol..

edited December 1969

Parkside High Recess the bonus Victorian Desk

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Parkside High Recess the bonus Victorian Desk

Ooooooooooooh.. yea.. derp :red:

edited December 1969

Yeah great textures on that piece...not saying the others are crap, this just attracted me as a nice peice of OLD. I will do another but better with the whole piece I have some ideas cooking. I have even thought what it would take to render that poster, I was working before my rig went pop, using Lux.......Time to go on holiday and let it render but I will try when I get a new rig.

edited March 2013

This is what I am working on at present. Parkide Point, Cliffhanger and Jack's freebie pod. Trying to get to grips with Lux carpiant was a challenge but the wiki does help a lot with this side of things, Not prefect but enough to get by.

7KS/p and still running at 31 hours in Hybrid mode. Out of interest see the orange patch of rock to the right of the walkway just below the helpipad, does it look blurred to you. I think my glasses need checking but for me that area looks a liitle blurred.

The PreMultiply Alpha seems to work great. I can't see any outline as we would do in Daz Studio as a png but as this size it is pretty hard to see any detail when blown up in size..

Now for somethng cool in to go the background. I still haven't decided but it will come to me as I trawl through my library. ;)

d65_copy.jpg
    636 x 900 - 643K
    Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

lol.. love it!

The drop-pod works really well in that setting actually!

edited December 1969

Thanks man

Yeah to be honest it was the only scifi type of craft that I had that would fit on the helipad. ;) The red though was my first choice and then I pimped the rock textures and it just fit nicely.

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

Thought I would throw this one in. Thanks to the wonderful work of Jack Tomalin for this scene! This is another entry in my ongoing Zombie Apocalypse series. Made entirely in DAZ and some post work in Photoshop.

Medusa vs. The Zombie Apocalypse
    Castillo del Diablo by Jack Tomalin

Medusa-Apocalypse-1600.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 279K
    edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:
    Thought I would throw this one in. Thanks to the wonderful work of Jack Tomalin for this scene! This is another entry in my ongoing Zombie Apocalypse series. Made entirely in DAZ and some post work in Photoshop.

Medusa vs. The Zombie Apocalypse
    Castillo del Diablo by Jack Tomalin

Wow very cool Gemini - thanks for sharing!

Does Medusa win by the way? ;)

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well, a stoney look by a woman will freeze anything in its tracks. And in case with 'dusa, the zombies stands no chance. :)

edited March 2013

Well that's what I initially thought, but then it dawned on me that Medusa turns *living* creatures into stone.. so wondered if the zombies were immune...? :)

Post edited by Daz Jack Tomalin on
    edited December 1969

Been playing with the Dubious Pub in Vue, looks great!

Now, when will we get "dubious interiors"? Would love that!

pub_bg.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 418K
    edited December 1969

Nice little scene there Totte.....very nice.

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Been playing with the Dubious Pub in Vue, looks great!

Now, when will we get "dubious interiors"? Would love that!

Very nice!

Can't say if/when.. but sure you'll see it first ;)

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949
    edited December 1969

Well that's what I initially thought, but then it dawned on me that Medusa turns *living* creatures into stone.. so wondered if the zombies were immune...? :)

Nope not immune they turn to sand sculptures ,and then crumble into piles of sand ,where do you think beaches come from????
    OOooooo I'd love some dubious interiors !! or curious ones too ....

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

carrie58 said:

Nope not immune they turn to sand sculptures ,and then crumble into piles of sand ,where do you think beaches come from????
    OOooooo I'd love some dubious interiors !! or curious ones too ....

I second the curious and dubious interiors!

edited December 1969

Duly noted ;)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...spent a good part of the day yesterday installing all the rest of Jack's stuff on the new rig. Holee carp, didn't realise I had bought so much.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...spent a good part of the day yesterday installing all the rest of Jack's stuff on the new rig. Holee carp, didn't realise I had bought so much.

:red: :)

This discussion has been closed.