JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS IV]

Comments

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,119
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    1002 nights was yours (as RHS) wasn't it, Jack? Comes out quite nicely in LuxRender: http://fav.me/d5yqic0

It was :) nice work! :)

edited December 1969

My latest PCI entry -- used Jack's Modern Living 1, Indigites Dii (wearing Indigitamenta), and Classic Deco (wearing Upper East Side). DS4.5Pro render, postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here -- thanks, Jack!

Checking the Weather-App

Nice, I kinda wish my living room looked like that.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...OK here it is. The first pic created and rendered on the new workstation. As simple test, but as it uses Jack's Shelter (and I haven't posted anything new on this thread for quite some time) I feel the first showing should be here.

Title: ooooohh its c-c-c-cold out here

Nice work :) honored your new workstation rendered out one of mine first too, lol..

How is it, enjoying the new horsepower?

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,497
    edited December 1969

Hello MelanieL good to see you here too.

And for all your amusement, a new RRRR just started.

edited December 1969

Totte said:

Nice work on the RRRR threads Totte.. :) will PM you ;)

• clarke_af31e2e15dclarke_af31e2e15d Posts: 21
    edited March 2013

Glad to hear you got it working ok!

That test render looks pretty kick-ass.. I can't wait to see it when it's fully 'baked'.. :)

Thanks!

Here it is at around 1 kS/p, with the "film" switched to Kodachrome 25 (dang I love Luxrender):

walledCityMech03_1ksp.jpg
    900 x 534 - 245K
    Post edited by clarke_af31e2e15d on
    edited December 1969

Nice :D

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Yeah came out well for 1K S/P.

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Until now March Madness was good for my runtime, especially for my "Jack Tomalin" collection.

But for now, Jack, I have to ask you if you have a free room for me... Now you have all of my money and ... hmmm

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...OK here it is. The first pic created and rendered on the new workstation. As simple test, but as it uses Jack's Shelter (and I haven't posted anything new on this thread for quite some time) I feel the first showing should be here.

Title: ooooohh its c-c-c-cold out here

Nice work :) honored your new workstation rendered out one of mine first too, lol..

How is it, enjoying the new horsepower?
    ..absolutely wonderful. That rendered in less than 15 minutes using Cloud9 which wold take nearly an hour (if it didn't crash with all the glass) on my old system. I can even render onscreen again (with raytracing turned up) rather than send it to a file or .rib.

Can't wait to get All your other sets installed, especially The Library, Baroque Grandeur, and Anderson Hall which for me work so well for locations in the Grande Estate. (hope you don't mind me turning the Library into a music room).

edited December 1969

clarke said:
    Glad to hear you got it working ok!

That test render looks pretty kick-ass.. I can't wait to see it when it's fully 'baked'.. :)

Thanks!

Here it is at around 1 kS/p, with the "film" switched to Kodachrome 25 (dang I love Luxrender):

...beautiful.

Can't wait to get Reality/Lux going myself

Ahhh, good ol' .Kodachrome. Alas Kodak discontinued it's signature marque several years ago. At least I can still use it with Lux.

...still one of those who uses that stuff you actually have to load into the camera and then take to the lab to process. What pixel count?

edited December 1969

sedor said:
    Until now March Madness was good for my runtime, especially for my "Jack Tomalin" collection.

But for now, Jack, I have to ask you if you have a free room for me... Now you have all of my money and ... hmmm

LOL! Jack what do you say?

edited December 1969

...how about "Will Render for more Content"

edited March 2013

sedor said:

No self respecting bald wizard would ever become a house elf from spending all their money on virtual real estate especially in this economic climate. I am shocked and disappointed. :coolmad: :roll:
    Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    sedor said:

No self respecting bald wizard would ever become a house elf from spending all their money on virtual real estate especially in this economic climate. I am shocked and disappointed. :coolmad: :roll:
    You can see it that way, or as a perfect opportunity to place a BWC spy in a key location.
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Szark said:
    sedor said:

You can see it that way, or as a perfect opportunity to place a BWC spy in a key location.

Holy ... %&$§ who said elf? Never! At best I'll be a Poltergeist!

But Totte already mentioned the secret secret plan behind this... This should become the next step for ruling the world - there can't be a better place as Jacks house where all this fantastic props are created. My plan was to get a secret code into his props which can *hm, how can I say it...* allows us to get some more control over... *hm* the world, people...

edited March 2013

I thought you had a cunning plan and now I have just blown it. But I may have another avenue. I recently got hold of the algorithm and key that should enable us to reprogramme Jack so he does our bidding for us.

oh and I thought you wrote Pottergeist at first;)

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

...nah, I'll just send my little ice fey to the UK and have her threaten to dump a blizzard or two there.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    Jack, I finally got round to installing the Platea bundle I picked up a couple of days ago and have one "problem" - the ReadMe for Platea Fallen has a dead link to an explanatory pdf, which is supposedly also inside the product downloads but is missing from the DSON Core zip downloaded through tbe DIM. Can the link in the online ReadMe be fixed please, or do you have an alternative source for the pdf? (The one for Platea itself is also missing from the DIM download, but luckily the link in the online ReadMe works so I got a copy there and found it very helpful).
    Actually you've cost me a small fortune this week - I also picked up Kingdom of Marrakesh, Marrakesh Souks and Invetero - and I'm delighted (though poorer). If your store turns up in MM again (?) I might even have to cave in and pick up the last few I don't have! (Up to now I avoided your larger sets because I was working on a laptop with only 4GB memory and DS churns very slowly there, but I acquired a new desktop fairly recently and Platea and Invetero work very smoothly, so now Anderson Hall, The Library and Sacrament are on the cards too....) Keep up the great work, love your stuff, even if my bank balance is less keen. :)

Hey - thanks for the kind words. Welcome to the JAS too, be sure to post a render when you're ready :)

Not sure what happened to the readme, but here's a link for now until I can get DAZ to fix it: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33068996/Platea_Fallen_Readme.pdf

Regarding my store coming up again - honestly, I have no idea. I hope so though, especially if there are still people like yourself eyeing up some content ;) so stay tuned!

Great - thanks very much for the pdf, Jack.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

Yes, I noticed the new RRRR thread - can't start yet as I haven't updated my list with all the MM stuff (a horrifyingly large number!) See you there. :)
    edited December 1969

...now I really need to get back to installing in the new system. Only have a about 1/5th of my content library up & running right now.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Szark said:
    sedor said:

Just out of curiosity, are the wizard bald everywhere? :p

edited March 2013

Such information is released on a need to know basis, and believe me, you don't need to know.

Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Szark said:
    sedor said:

Isn't that called alopecia? ;)

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    I thought you had a cunning plan and now I have just blown it. But I may have another avenue. I recently got hold of the algorithm and key that should enable us to reprogramme Jack so he does our bidding for us.

oh and I thought you wrote Pottergeist at first;)

If/when you do.. can you please make it so I'm somewhere nice like the Bahamas? Thanks.. lol

edited March 2013

If/when you do.. can you please make it so I'm somewhere nice like the Bahamas? Thanks.. lol

We thought you'd make better WestPark stuff somewhere close to Chernobyl....

Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

We thought you'd make better WestPark stuff somewhere close to Chernobyl....

Oooh, would love to go to Pripyat actually!

edited December 1969

Yes, Pripyat would be great - when I was more active in doing photos I was thinking about a trip to P.

edited December 1969

Have you seen the plant growth around these sites...intense plant growth like triffiads but nicer. I have seen a number of programs and yes I found it interesting and eerie but to go there are you mad. Don't you want kids, can I come. ;)

edited December 1969

lol.. sure, we'll make it a JAS field trip! Bring your own sandwiches!

This discussion has been closed.