Morphs from G3 to G8

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949

okay Progress Bar goes to 100% but no morphs are transferred there is no error message displayed. I attached the log file

txt
    txt
    Log File.txt
    1M
  • That was easy.

You're transfering Bend Control.

Unfortunately, this is not a bug. It's a feature.

What's happening here is that George owns itself. Because it owns itself, if you ask Studio where it is, Studio says ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The script then falls back. Rather than asking where it is, it asks, "whose your daddy?" In this case, George says "George." The script then assumes (and this is a leap of faith) that the file name for the morph contains the word George. (in this case it does.) It scans all the Morphs to find a file with George in the name

Now, the bad news. There are two morphs in Bend control that also contain the word George, and they are last ones found. As the last found one is the one that is passed to the rest of the script.

You need to favorite a different morph. Looks like any other George morph should do. George Smile or Enlarge leg. Just so long as it's a George morph that isn't George.

Your log then goes on to record activity for Genesis 3 Female, so I can't say what is up with Scott, but I'd bet good money it's similar. 

Sadly, there's not much that can be done about it. At least not until I work out DzWidget. This kind of thing is too complex for the script to automatically choose. It needs a UI to say to the user "I found all this stuff, which one do you want." I don't know nuthin' 'bout codin' no UIs. Anyway, in this case the solution is to select a morph that is more likely to have a unique name.

Okay so try again different morph favorite ....works for me ......thank you very very much

• I just had to stop lurking for a moment to say a big thank you to Singular Blues for your morph-transfer script. It is astonishing. In the course of one day, I've been able to transfer across all the morphs I purchased for G3M to G8M and for G3F to G8F. And I mean all. Character morphs, Aging Morphs, Growing Up Morphs, Smile Delight, you name it. And they all work perfectly on the G8 figures. All with a couple of clicks of the mouse. This is a really incredible piece of work. I've no idea how you did it, but a heartfelt thank you!

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Singular Blues. PLEASE start a Patreon or Kickstarter or something so I can send you money for this and future excursions. It is worth every meager penny I can spare. :)

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited September 2017
    RKane_1 said:

Singular Blues. PLEASE start a Patreon or Kickstarter or something so I can send you money for this and future excursions. It is worth every meager penny I can spare. :)

I'm going to second this again. I would easily have paid fifty dollars for these two scripts. Don't say BS about how they're not perfect. They are easily matching quality to many store items. Do you think GenX was perfect?
    Post edited by agent unawares on
  • I've discovered that a large number of morphs I don't have (some I do, which is what turned me on to this) have the word "male" at the end of their name. This will cause a lot of duplicate ID errors after the script runs. I'll have fix up soonish. (Caused by the fact that core references to the base figure as Male-1 need to be truncated to Male. But many morphs ending in Male will have necesary IDs of Male-1 that need to stay. The fix is to change the replacement value from "male-1" to "3 male-1" That is, "3 Male-1" becomes "8 Male" that should eliminate the Duplicate ID errors.)

I really love that this has been so useful to so many. I apreciate the thanks.

RKane, I'll think about it. I'm trying to sort a pitch for the Tapastic thing, at the 11th hour, and 59th minute, and otherwise juggling. If I were to do a Patreon, I'd first need to take this whole thing more seriously. The version numbers, right now, are for bug reporting, nothing more.

But to ask people to fund the work (and it would be funding the work. I'm self employed, and would be devoting more time to the script, and less to luxuries, like food), I'd need to actually have road map for what the 1.0 release would be. What "feature complete" is. But I'll consider it.

If I decide not, and you're still not dissuaded from the desire to give me money, I'll give you my Paypal. But honestly, I think of it as more a thing I did because it was there to do. Like a montain. You climb because it's there, and maybe because people will say, "that was cool." :D

• Patreon is for supporting artists. You don't need to make a commitment that anything will be perfect or finished or saleable or useful or... Let people tell you how cool they think your mountain climbing is. ;)

SB ....THAT IS SOOOOO COOOL!!

• Patreon is for supporting artists. You don't need to make a commitment that anything will be perfect or finished or saleable or useful or... Let people tell you how cool they think your mountain climbing is. ;)

I'll buy that. But I have to admit, I'm inclined to think in this way because there is so much more that the script could, potentially, do. Not anything like making your coffee, or preparing sandwiches. But with a proper UI, it could be made more selective. Maybe not laser accurate but things like the ability to make sure that it is accurately selecting the right packages or giving the option to transfer a single morph, as well as building in functions that allow it to detect the active figure and provide options of removing transferred morphs.

I can't actually say that all of those things are possible, at least with the skills that I have, but I'm pretty sure I could do it.

I think Patreon, along with most other things, works best when there is an exchange of value. When patrons feel that there is something more on the horizon to be excited about, and that the artist cares about where they are, at least collectively, coming from. Which I do. I think, if I were to decide to do something like that, it makes sense to open with, "This is where I want to go. What do you think?"

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

I have already tried Redz methods of transferring morphs but now I thought i would give this Script a try, but first a question which I haven't found an answer to... the instructions are pretty simple - load G3,favorite your morph, run the script, load G8, find your morph ----where are the morphs saved? are you able to designate that or is it random?  I have enough trouble finding the morphs I have already purchased .

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,036
    edited September 2017

If it's on a Windows system, I've found that the morphs are saved to "user" in my case "David" after which is a standardized Studio file directory. My problem was that my studio directory is not under my David user name but under the "Shared" user name so I had to move all the morphs to the correct directory. Took me several tries of running the script thinking it wasn't creating the morphs when actually it was. It was very frustrating. Maybe someone who can make an UI can step up and create one.

Post edited by GRFK DSGN Unlimited on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    edited September 2017
    Kharma said:

I have already tried Redz methods of transferring morphs but now I thought i would give this Script a try, but first a question which I haven't found an answer to... the instructions are pretty simple - load G3,favorite your morph, run the script, load G8, find your morph ----where are the morphs saved? are you able to designate that or is it random?  I have enough trouble finding the morphs I have already purchased .

Be careful with the script. I used it yesterday and now I get a duplicate error message every time I load G8F now. Also, my G3F was messed up (that G3F issue happened months ago, not the fault of the script) with a couple of character morphs somehow had gotten saved with the base G3F, so every time I load G3F now I have those character morphs dialed into her. Very annoying, but since I don't use G3F much anymore and I knew I'd eventually find a fix for it and restore G3F to her original shape, I wasn't too worried about. However after running the script, now my Genesis 8 Female has those SAME issues - the exact same morphs are now dialed into base G8F every single time I load her. I'm exasperated and have no idea how to fix it. 

So please, be very careful with this script. If there are any issues at all with your base G3F, don't run it until you get it straightened out. 

...Now I need to figure out how to fix both G3F AND G8F. 

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Those morphs that are giving you the issue, more than likely have their defaults set to be 1.0 in their parameters settings. It's an easy fix.

edited September 2017

Those morphs that are giving you the issue, more than likely have their defaults set to be 1.0 in their parameters settings. It's an easy fix.

Oh that would be great if it's an easy fix! What's the fix? 

Post edited by 3Diva on
    Kharma said:

Be careful with the script. I used it yesterday and now I get a duplicate error message every time I load G8F now. Also, my G3F was messed up (that G3F issue happened months ago, not the fault of the script) with a couple of character morphs somehow had gotten saved with the base G3F, so every time I load G3F now I have those character morphs dialed into her. Very annoying, but since I don't use G3F much anymore and I knew I'd eventually find a fix for it and restore G3F to her original shape, I wasn't too worried about. However after running the script, now my Genesis 8 Female has those SAME issues - the exact same morphs are now dialed into base G8F every single time I load her. I'm exasperated and have no idea how to fix it. 

So please, be very careful with this script. If there are any issues at all with your base G3F, don't run it until you get it straightened out. 

Thanks for the heads up..I did try the script but it seems to have transferred the wrong morphs...I favorited 1 ear morph from Cake Ones Fantasy Features, but the script seems to have tranferred Thorne's Fantasy Ears instead....why would it do that?

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited September 2017

I think Patreon, along with most other things, works best when there is an exchange of value. When patrons feel that there is something more on the horizon to be excited about, and that the artist cares about where they are, at least collectively, coming from. Which I do. I think, if I were to decide to do something like that, it makes sense to open with, "This is where I want to go. What do you think?"

Um ....

Not a lawyer or anything like that, but for anyone considering setting up a Patreon: CONSULT A TAX ACCOUNTANT/ATTORNEY FIRST.

The thing to remember about Patreon is that once you've got that coming in, however much or little: this is income. Talk to a lawyer or accountant before setting up a Patreon to make sure you know what you're doing and anything you need to take into account.

On topic: Singular Blues, I really do very much appreciate all the work you've gone through to make this program work. I've used it for a few things and it's worked beautifully. During the accidental move of all the G2M characters that I'd sent to G3M through GenX2, it even kinda sorta fixed a character that I'd moved over to G3M via GenX and then abandoned because I didn't really like what GenX did to him. (It also did interesting things to his hands -- the script seems to HAAAAATE the Michael 4 shape, which isn't a huge surprise, since it wasn't meant to deal with that shape.)

DivaMakeup: To fix, this may help:

1. Load up G8F/G3F. (Given the situation, I might work with G8F first, just because there would be fewer morphs overall; once you've identified the miscreants, then all you'd have to do would be to find the same files and delete those in G3F.)
    2. Check the Parameters tab, clicking on the "All" option at the top of the tab.
    3. Scroll through the list to see if anything at all is loaded at 100% or even more than 0%, actually.
    -- 3A. If you don't see anything offhand, click on the hamburger menu at the top of the Parameters tab and click on "Show Hidden Parameters". Repeat step 3, scroll through list to see if anything is active.
    4. When you find the morph(s), click on the gear shift thing on the slider, then select "Parameter settings"
    5. On that screen, you should seen an option called "Path". That will tell you where the misbehaving morph is located on your system.
    6. Delete with malice aforethought, afterthought, betweenthought.
    7. Redownload and Reinstall G3F/G8F. (Strictly speaking, not really necessary, but not a bad idea in this situation.)

Hope this is helpful.

Post edited by vwrangler on
    edited September 2017

Diva load your G8F or G3F  then go to the shaping tab and click on currently used that will show you what morphs are being usedand you can just zero them out by hand or try  "Zero Figure" in the parameter tab then save your back to normal figure

Post edited by carrie58 on

If it's on a Windows system, I've found that the morphs are saved to "user" in my case "David" after which is a standardized Studio file directory. My problem was that my studio directory is not under my David user name but under the "Shared" user name so I had to move all the morphs to the correct directory. Took me several tries of running the script thinking it wasn't creating the morphs when actually it was. It was very frustrating. Maybe someone who can make an UI can step up and create one.

I found the transferred morphs under my library/data/ G8F/morphs/thorneworks/fantasy ears . It was exactly the same directory structure as under G3

carrie58 said:

Diva load your G8F or G3F  then go to the shaping tab and click on currently used that will show you what morphs are being usedand you can just zero them out by hand or try  "Zero Figure" in the parameter tab then save your back to normal figure

They don't show up in currently used in the Shapping tab. They don't show up in currently used in the Parameters tab either. "Zero Figure Shape" does remove the morphs though. After I tell it to Zero Shape they THEN show up in the "Currently Used" tab but dialed in at 0%. Very weird. 

How do I save it after I zero the shape so that when I load G8F and G3F those morphs are not dialed in?

vwrangler said:

Um ....

Not a lawyer or anything like that, but for anyone considering setting up a Patreon: CONSULT A TAX ACCOUNTANT/ATTORNEY FIRST.

The thing to remember about Patreon is that once you've got that coming in, however much or little: this is income. Talk to a lawyer or accountant before setting up a Patreon to make sure you know what you're doing and anything you need to take into account.

On topic: Singular Blues, I really do very much appreciate all the work you've gone through to make this program work. I've used it for a few things and it's worked beautifully. During the accidental move of all the G2M characters that I'd sent to G3M through GenX2, it even kinda sorta fixed a character that I'd moved over to G3M via GenX and then abandoned because I didn't really like what GenX did to him. (It also did interesting things to his hands -- the script seems to HAAAAATE the Michael 4 shape, which isn't a huge surprise, since it wasn't meant to deal with that shape.)

DivaMakeup: To fix, this may help:

1. Load up G8F/G3F. (Given the situation, I might work with G8F first, just because there would be fewer morphs overall; once you've identified the miscreants, then all you'd have to do would be to find the same files and delete those in G3F.)
    2. Check the Parameters tab, clicking on the "All" option at the top of the tab.
    3. Scroll through the list to see if anything at all is loaded at 100% or even more than 0%, actually.
    -- 3A. If you don't see anything offhand, click on the hamburger menu at the top of the Parameters tab and click on "Show Hidden Parameters". Repeat step 3, scroll through list to see if anything is active.
    4. When you find the morph(s), click on the gear shift thing on the slider, then select "Parameter settings"
    5. On that screen, you should seen an option called "Path". That will tell you where the misbehaving morph is located on your system.
    6. Delete with malice aforethought, afterthought, betweenthought.
    7. Redownload and Reinstall G3F/G8F. (Strictly speaking, not really necessary, but not a bad idea in this situation.)

Hope this is helpful.

Oh thank you! I'll try this! :) *crosses fingers that it works and that I don't mess anything else up* lol :D

• Would be easier to go to the parameters setting of the offending morph (gear icon). And look at the default entry (see image). And make sure it's set to 0.0 or 0%. And then go "File/Save As/Support Asset/Morph Asset(s)", select the offending morph and save into the same folder as the original (specified by Vendor Name and Product Name).

parameter_settings.jpg
    573 x 481 - 103K

Would be easier to go to the parameters setting of the offending morph (gear icon). And look at the default entry (see image). And make sure it's set to 0.0 or 0%. And then go "File/Save As/Support Asset/Morph Asset(s)", select the offending morph and save into the same folder as the original (specified by Vendor Name and Product Name).

Whoa! You're right. Each of the "offending morphs" have the default set at something other than zero! Oh I'll try this first! Thank you! *crosses fingers*

edited September 2017

Would be easier to go to the parameters setting of the offending morph (gear icon). And look at the default entry (see image). And make sure it's set to 0.0 or 0%. And then go "File/Save As/Support Asset/Morph Asset(s)", select the offending morph and save into the same folder as the original (specified by Vendor Name and Product Name).

Ahhhh That did it! Thank you SO MUCH!! That was making me NUTS trying to figure it out. THANK YOU! I love you now (don't tell my hubby) lol! :D yes

Post edited by 3Diva on
    edited September 2017

What's so weird. All I had to do is what GRFK DSGN Unlimited said on G8F and it not only fixed the issue on G8F but it somehow automatically fixed G3F as well. Both are now restored to their original shape! AWESOME! :D

I'm still getting the "Duplicate IDs" message when I load G8F, but the shape is back to where it should be so I'll live with that error message. lol

Ahhh what a relief! I've been stressed about that since I'm making a G8F character to submit to Daz and I was afraid it might somehow affect the character or her morph when I submit her.

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808

What's so weird. All I had to do is what GRFK DSGN Unlimited said on G8F and it not only fixed the issue on G8F but it somehow automatically fixed G3F as well. Both are now restored to their original shape! AWESOME! :D

I'm still getting the "Duplicate IDs" message when I load G8F, but the shape is back to where it should be so I'll live with that error message. lol

Ahhh what a relief! I've been stressed about that since I'm making a G8F character to submit to Daz and I was afraid it might somehow affect the character or her morph when I submit her.

Well, you'll probably need to track down that Duplicate IDs issue first. That, at least, should be viewable in the troubleshooting log file; you just need to do a text search for the message.

That fixing the G8F problem fixed G3F is ... interesting. That would indicate some type of cross-referenced files. So maybe for some secondary morphs -- ones other than the ones that are favorited for explicit copying -- Singular Blues' script links to the G3F version rather than copying the file?

vwrangler said:

Well, you'll probably need to track down that Duplicate IDs issue first. That, at least, should be viewable in the troubleshooting log file; you just need to do a text search for the message.

That fixing the G8F problem fixed G3F is ... interesting. That would indicate some type of cross-referenced files. So maybe for some secondary morphs -- ones other than the ones that are favorited for explicit copying -- Singular Blues' script links to the G3F version rather than copying the file?

lol You just touched on my other problem - no troubleshoot log: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2807496/#Comment_2807496

Now that I have G8F and G3F shapes fixed. I guess I should focus on trying to figure out why I have no log. 

• I've discovered that a large number of morphs I don't have (some I do, which is what turned me on to this) have the word "male" at the end of their name. This will cause a lot of duplicate ID errors after the script runs. I'll have fix up soonish. (Caused by the fact that core references to the base figure as Male-1 need to be truncated to Male. But many morphs ending in Male will have necesary IDs of Male-1 that need to stay. The fix is to change the replacement value from "male-1" to "3 male-1" That is, "3 Male-1" becomes "8 Male" that should eliminate the Duplicate ID errors.)

I've had a couple of these errors and would love to fix them but I'm afraid I'm completely technically inept and don't quite understand what to do.

For example, my log file records these duplicate ID errors:

2017-09-08 07:43:46.636 Duplicate id "Cheekbone Male" found in file "/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male/Morphs/HSTW/G3MHMK1/Cheekbone Male.dsf"
    2017-09-08 07:43:46.755 Duplicate id "PHMSFBJDCharacterHeadMale" found in file "/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male/Morphs/SickleFuse/BallJointDollM/PHMSFBJDCharacterHeadMale.dsf"

SingularBlues, I've opened both these morph files in Notepad but can't see any reference to "male-1". Where can I find this 'replacement value'? And should I change it to "3 male-1" or to "8 male"? I'm a bit confused by your last sentence. Apologies if I'm being very dense and thanks in advance for clarification. Again, you've done a great job here!

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639

@divamakeup, would you mind sharing the names of the offending morphs please, so I can fix them (in case I own them) before I have this issue?

xyer0 said:

@divamakeup, would you mind sharing the names of the offending morphs please, so I can fix them (in case I own them) before I have this issue?

I had a few of them. Some of them I fixed earlier by just deleting the morphs and as those where freebie morphs, I wasn't too stressed about deleting them. I can't remember what those ones where. The other ones that I fixed with GRFK DSGN Unlimited's suggestion where a mix of bought morphs and freebie morphs: "LY Ashlyn Head", "Face - Brow Left Height", "Face - Brow Right Height", "Breasts Large", "_________Nina____________________", and a few that start with "mur".