Buy Something That Doesn't Work in Carrara? Post your Questions and Workarounds here. (please)

Comments

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

I was trying to install Octane for Blender on my imac, but it wouldn't work because of Cuda absent.

• Yes. The Mac is the issue. If you think that Carrara doesn't get enough love, try being a Carrara Mac user. It's even worse. And no, I'm not switching to Cheetah3D as someone on Rendo suggested. 

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Yes. The Mac is the issue. If you think that Carrara doesn't get enough love, try being a Carrara Mac user. It's even worse. And no, I'm not switching to Cheetah3D as someone on Rendo suggested. 

had to put that user on ignore >.< 

going for this, hoping it works with minimal fuss  https://www.daz3d.com/explorer-suit-for-genesis-3-male-s

is like old cylon

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,814
    edited September 2017

I have it will test

it works converted to blended weight, shaders would need fixing for glow

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited September 2017

,try being a Carrara Mac user. It's even worse. And no, I'm not switching to Cheetah3D as someone on Rendo suggested. 

I am! I am! It is! It is! (although I may have recently defected to m*d* surprise)

Supposedly the next MacOS this Autumn includes official support for external cards in a box, including Nvidia), so it may get easier, although it won't be cheap (when was anything 'Apple' ever cheap?!) Shame the new iMac Pros are all ATI though.

Post edited by TangoAlpha on
  • video of outfit for Misty

th3Digit said:

video of outfit for Misty

TYsmiley

• Mistara said:

going for this, hoping it works with minimal fuss  https://www.daz3d.com/explorer-suit-for-genesis-3-male-s

is like old cylon

Also reminds me of Dr. Doom.  Looks like a nice product!

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,690
    edited September 2017

Precious Dragon https://www.daz3d.com/precious-dragon

does not work in Carrara.

It is a base figure with geografts for Ears, Feet, Nose, Tails, and Wings.

I tried the Quick Load Characters duf which would load the figure and geografts but would not let me pose the figure.

Also tried saving as a Character Preset and Scene Subset in DAZ then opening the Duf in Carrara but got either the base figure, a geograft part, or managed the whole figure which would not pose.

I also did the old method of exporting as an object but when I applied the materials as a shader I got the base figure right but the geografts could only map to the base figure instead of their respective maps/shaders.

Looks like a DAZ3D job only unless someone else comes up with a workaround..

Precious Dragon 1.png
    640 x 480 - 238K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
    Bunyip02 said:

Precious Dragon https://www.daz3d.com/precious-dragon

does not work in Carrara.

It is a base figure with geografts for Ears, Feet, Nose, Tails, and Wings.

I tried the Quick Load Characters duf which would load the figure and geografts but would not let me pose the figure.

Also tried saving as a Character Preset and Scene Subset in DAZ then opening the Duf in Carrara but got either the base figure, a geograft part, or managed the whole figure which would not pose.

I also did the old method of exporting as an object but when I applied the materials as a shader I got the base figure right but the geografts could only map to the base figure instead of their respective maps/shaders.

Looks like a DAZ3D job only unless someone else comes up with a workaround..

geografts

• when I saw it has geografts for everything I immediately thought nup cheeky

Great thing is all of Lady Littlefox's older Poser format figures work great and are on sale yes

where does the u wrap crap come from?  >.<

do they knowww we haz to aboo their sets?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,814
    Mistara said:

where does the u wrap crap come from?  >.<

do they knowww we haz to aboo their sets?

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/162466/the-uv-wrap-export-issue-again#latest

yes they know and do not give a rats arse

we can at least fix it in Carrara, it drives me nuts in iClone and if anyone wants to use Bryce it would happen there too

edited October 2017

concept of out of bound uvs

Post edited by Mistara on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,801

has anyone bought & tried the Will's Wyrms for Daz Dragon 3 in Carrara yet?..

if so does it work?

although the author has Carrara he doesn't know how to use it and can't help.

imagining it would be a geograft

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,223
    Vyusur said:

I was trying to install Octane for Blender on my imac, but it wouldn't work because of Cuda absent.

Cudu certainly is not absent from a GTX 750!

Bummer about Precious Dragon, Bunnyip. Sorry for the loss :(

• a video on fitting G3F clothes to V4

its hit and miss for each item that works perfectly another does not and I have no idea why

havent installed it yet, curious to see if toon generations 2 clothes has geograft shoes

th3Digit said:

Wendy's video

a video on fitting G3F clothes to V4

its hit and miss for each item that works perfectly another does not and I have no idea why

I love this! yes

Very soon I'm going to try this same idea with clothing other than Genesis 3, since I don't have any Genesis 3 clothing! LOL

Like making G2F clothing for Genesis 1, for example, and then also for V4. Same with making stuff from G2M for Genesis 1 and then M4. Cool stuff to try. In your example, it shows that the top doesn't work out but the skirt does. So these hit/miss attempts will still be worth the effort, know that they're hit/miss right from the start.

I put in a support ticket that G2F items won't engage the auto-fit dialog in Carrara. I noticed that all of the various Genesis 2 options are in there when my Generation 4 items are being auto-fit to Genesis, but there doesn't seem to be a way to force the dialog when using G2 clothing on G1. I think it's because the last Carrara update occurred before G2?

Anyway, they closed my ticket when I returned the item I was writing about.

• yeah Autofit is broken after genesis but any clothes made for  or converted and saved as a support asset in D|S will work for later ones.

Okay, as a prize from the last Carrara Pinups Challenge, I picked Secret Underground Base and Submarine as one of my choices, which is DUF only.

When I tried to load in the Full Preloaded scene (into Carrara) I got a missing .dsf file Error and nothing loaded. No biggie, I thought, I'd just load it into DS and save it again. Try that.

Well when I tried to load the same thing into DS, I got all kinds of missing file errors. Turns out that the Full Preload Scene is used if we also bought the Props pack, which I didn't have room for (because I got other stuff instead).

When I loaded in the Building and Sub preset (I loaded the 3Delight version) not only did I get an extraordinary scene, but a full lighting setup that worked in Carrara! What a treat!

Yes, I edited the lights to taste, but the point is that they all loaded as Carrara lights and they all work! How cool is that?!!!

Anyway, I'm happy to report that, what I thought would be a bummer turned out to be a big hurray!!!

• namtar3dnamtar3d Posts: 238

Nice thread! I bought Giant Fantasy Spider HD, and it loads, but... skeleton doesn't work :(

I've already tried to "atach" skeletton but i can't. (Any ideas?) 

giantfantasy.jpg
    1576 x 734 - 437K
    edited December 2017

Cool Spider! I hope you get it working!

In my post below, I tried saying what Misty says below that! LOL

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Oh... but you could maybe try loading it into DS

with it selected convert it to Blended weight and save it with a new name. I'm not accustomed to this, but Wendy does this stuff, I think, so it popped into mind as a possible solution ;)

namtar3d said:

Nice thread! I bought Giant Fantasy Spider HD, and it loads, but... skeleton doesn't work :(

try converting rig to blended weight, in DS -- edit, rig, convert general to blended
    then save spider as a character preset,
    load the character preset in carrara

Mistara said:
    namtar3d said:

try converting rig to blended weight, in DS -- edit, rig, convert general to blended
    then save spider as a character preset,
    load the character preset in carrara

I LOVE YOU!!! It works!! Thank you very much!

Oh... but you could maybe try loading it into DS

with it selected convert it to Blended weight and save it with a new name. I'm not accustomed to this, but Wendy does this stuff, I think, so it popped into mind as a possible solution ;)

Thank you very much! Problem solved :D