DAZ Studio Pro, Version 4.5.1.56, is Now Available!

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

weavo said:
    Tried the 64-bit version, but it won't work, I have a 64-bit hp xw6400 workstation with win 7 64. DS3 Advanced 64 bit works with no problems, but 4.5 pro doesn't. "This application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

What's going on here?

Two common causes for that particular error...

Missing/corrupt/otherwise broken VCruntimes...reinstall/install the Visual C Runtime libraries for your OS version.

The second...something wrong with Windows itself. Usually a corrupt/missing uncommonly used dll. If it were commonly used, the error would show up in more than one or two programs.

• Edd_ weavo-1Edd_ weavo-1 Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

OK got this copied and installed, still don't work, what else do I need to get this working?

• IndigoneIndigone Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

I'm having a strange problem. I'm trying to transfer Manihoni's Ash from M4. If I load M4 and apply the pose, the program starts churning and doesn't stop. So I loaded M4 in poser, applied the pose and exported the .cr2. When I load that cr2 and try to select the morph to transfer, it won't allow me to select that morph. Under the morphs it is shown as "circular" (see screenshot). What does that mean, and is there any way to fix it?

ashhead.png
    1366 x 768 - 329K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

It means that DS is seeing it as having an ERC link to itself, I think. That doesn't explain why it's getting that on a morph that is presumably working in Poser - usually it happens when a morph on a piece of clothing has a link to a morph on the wearer, since the PZ3 importer can't "see" more than one figure - though if there are any magnets linked to the morph, or any kind of cotnrol prop (as with some of Wyrmmaster's stuff) that might be the issue.

edited December 1969

It means that DS is seeing it as having an ERC link to itself, I think. That doesn't explain why it's getting that on a morph that is presumably working in Poser - usually it happens when a morph on a piece of clothing has a link to a morph on the wearer, since the PZ3 importer can't "see" more than one figure - though if there are any magnets linked to the morph, or any kind of cotnrol prop (as with some of Wyrmmaster's stuff) that might be the issue.

The morph actually works fine in DS, as far as applying it and using it. It just doesn't want to transfer in GenX. Is there any way to flush it out? Is there something I can look for in the pz2?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure - for one thing, I don't have GenX so I've no idea what additional requirements it may impose. You could open the morph properties dialogue (the gear at the end of the slider) and see what it's hooked up to as controller and sub-component.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...well have it up and running on the new workstation with the dual HDDs. So far working just fine, seeing the Library and Runtimes without a hitch. Plugins show up and open correctly (save for the Decimator that keeps mentioning I need an SN even though it was included with the 4.5Pro DL, checked my account and there's none listed).

3Advanced is also seeing everything correctly as well.

Going to give the CMS and library functions a try to see just how it works.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...well have it up and running on the new workstation with the dual HDDs. So far working just fine, seeing the Library and Runtimes without a hitch. Plugins show up and open correctly (save for the Decimator that keeps mentioning I need an SN even though it was included with the 4.5Pro DL, checked my account and there's none listed).

3Advanced is also seeing everything correctly as well.

Going to give the CMS and library functions a try to see just how it works.

Decimator will be activated by a paid DS4 serial, not a free one.

edited December 1969

..so I would have to actually "purchase" the plugin to get the SN then.

OK, there's a savings in HD space though it would have been nice for doing animation.

edited December 1969

I'm not sure - for one thing, I don't have GenX so I've no idea what additional requirements it may impose. You could open the morph properties dialogue (the gear at the end of the slider) and see what it's hooked up to as controller and sub-component.

I just realized this is the DS thread, not the GenX thread....

I'll find a different place, sorry!!

• fayriefayrie Posts: 55
    edited December 1969

ok the whole mouse pointer disappearing is so VERY annoying.... is there a fix for this, does anyone know? i am just working with daz again after using poser for the last years and yeah this sucks *sighs*

edited December 1969

fayrie said:
    ok the whole mouse pointer disappearing is so VERY annoying.... is there a fix for this, does anyone know? i am just working with daz again after using poser for the last years and yeah this sucks *sighs*

What does it say under Help > Troubleshooting > About Your Video Card?

edited December 1969

fayrie said:

its says that everything is supported...... it has happened to me 3-4 different times out of the 5 or so that i have had daz opened

edited December 1969

fayrie said:
    fayrie said:

its says that everything is supported...... it has happened to me 3-4 different times out of the 5 or so that i have had daz opened

Can you post a screenshot?

edited December 1969

here.... my pointer is there at the moment it usually does it after daz is open for a bit

Untitled-daz.jpg
    468 x 565 - 46K
    edited March 2013

...looks like my GPU's settings.

The odd thing my old Intel chipset on the notebook saw 14 instead of only 8 lights in OGL mode.

I thought an independent GPU was supposed to be better than the Intel Integrated graphics. I'm running OGL 4.3 whereas my old chipset was only OGL 1.4.

That doesn't make sense.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Do you have a Wacom tablet?
    I have an Intuos3 and I do have the suspicion that it is responsible for the vanishing mouse pointer.

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    I have an Intuos3 and I do have the suspicion that it is responsible for the vanishing mouse pointer.

Did you experience the disappearing mouse cursor also? And do you use the tablet in DS?
    I ask because I too have an Intuos3, don't use it in DS and never had a disappearing cursor.
    edited December 1969

Well - I am using my tablet for everything, including DS.
    Sometimes it gets wonky - the sliders are overreacting, the mouse pointer disappears ...
    and the only thing you get told is to buy a newer tablet.
    No way.

edited December 1969

I keep telling myself to use the tablet more with different things than Photoshop only, in fact, I don't even use it a lot in Photoshop nowadays :( :smirk:
    I'm glad you gave me again reason to use it more. :) And I just can't afford to get a newer tablet especially since the Intuos3 is perfect for what I use it for. %-P

...note to self: start using your precious tablet in Poser and DS!! ...

Love, Jeanne

edited December 1969

Ehm, considering that I just told you that it does not work very well in DS .... LOL
    (In Poser: remember to got to the general settings and set it to tablet mode first)

edited December 1969

i do have one yes but i have never used it in Daz nor have i used it in the last couple weeks so i don't think that is it(it isn't even hooked up right now)

• Zardust99Zardust99 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

What is the big change of that version?

edited December 1969

Zardust99 said:
    What is the big change of that version?

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log_4_5_1_56

Some highlights:
    Transfer Utility fixes
    Dynamic Clothing fixes
    Point At fixes
    Autofit fixes
    Updated 3Delight libraries to version 10.0.70
    Updated Qt framework to version 4.8.3
    Fixed #48338 : Modified hidden auto-follow morphs in Genesis conformers do not survive scene DUF save→load cycle
    Added enumeration of Windows 8 and Mac 10.8

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited December 1969

JeanneM said:
    Kerya said:

Did you experience the disappearing mouse cursor also? And do you use the tablet in DS?
    I ask because I too have an Intuos3, don't use it in DS and never had a disappearing cursor.

HI, sorry to butt-in but I'm having an issue with my DAZ Studio interface too. My mouse is disappearing and the side panels are screwed up if I close/re-open them. Usually I have to stop/start DAZ Studio. Then it works for a while before it happens again.

I thought it was because I had migrated from Windows 7 to Mac OS X 10.8 but now I see others are noticing the mouse vanish. I too have a Wacom tablet - a basic Bamboo Pen. When I get home tonight I'll try disconnecting that. Are we to assume that is the cause of the problem?

I have a late 2012 iMac 27" with i7 and NVidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB

edited December 1969

Well - I have a PC Windows7Pro ...

edited March 2013

And I have Windows 7 Ultimate and I'm sorry for confusions but I never experienced a disappearing cursor... :)

Post edited by Jeanne M on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited December 1969

JeanneM said:
    And I have Windows 7 Ultimate and I'm sorry for confusions but I never experienced a disappearing cursor... :)

Sorry - I must have mis-read your post.

Nevertheless, I went home last night and disconnected the Wacom Bamboo and, after that, ran DAZ Studio with no problems with mouse pointer or panel layouts. I'll use it more this coming weekend but I'm encouraged so far.

If that does turn out ot be the issue, I wouldn't like to speculate on whether DAZ or Wacom need to fix something.

edited December 1969

Well - there WAS a bug report somewhere ... but it was called fixed.
    And as far as I remember I was told to buy a newer tablet (mine is an Intuos3) ... no way, no money.
    Let's hope you can work without problems now. :)

• edited December 1969

What is the bug reporting procedure? Where does one report them?