Post Your Renders - #4: A New Hope

Comments

• edited December 1969

Thanks everyone, I've been rendering this character quite a bit lately, I even did a "Saint Patrick's day remix" of the render I previously posted, lol :cheese:

She's much less freaky looking this time:

SaintPatricksDay-2Cropd.png
    673 x 1024 - 497K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,104
    edited December 1969

She's awfully cute, don't you think?
    I refresh my enthusiasm for your lighting/rending skills, Koukotsu.
    As well as your eye for colors and composition.

• GipsGips Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

new pict, in process

Untitlet-2.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 478K
  • paul_a_schultzpaul_a_schultz Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

I've been working through my library of DAZ and Poser assets recently, using Carrara 8 Pro. These are a few recent renders.

Full size versions of these, and other 3D images can be found on Flickr at: Various 3D

TanagerIncident.jpg
    800 x 600 - 433K
    BridgeMeeting.jpg
    800 x 600 - 343K
    AnatomyModels.jpg
    800 x 600 - 471K
    DesertSiding.jpg
    1024 x 683 - 305K
    edited December 1969

Being a landscaper all those years, I recognize that tree.
    It's called the Horny Tree! lol
    In a more serious note:
    Another example of lighting here. The realism over heroism. Realistically more correct.
    From a Movie, Movie Poster, Art, etc., standpoint, directors would rather highlight the character, than keep to true realism.
    I like both, and I think you've done a great job of it.
    For a more mainstream effect, try adding some lighting that only effects the girl.
    FYI: If you left the lighting alone, I, for one, would be perfectly satisfied. I enjoy the realism, and how she blends into the scene - realistically. Even though we're dealing with fantasy. It just works for me. And I love fantasy - ask anyone!

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

Koukotsu said:
    Thanks everyone, I've been rendering this character quite a bit lately, I even did a "Saint Patrick's day remix" of the render I previously posted, lol :cheese:

And here I am without any John Jameson whisky to toast this fine lass with... :down: Curse this town's lack of taste when it comes to alcohol!

edited December 1969

Here... I have this much left - the least I can do is give you half. %-P

edited December 1969

Here... I have this much left - the least I can do is give you half. %-P

Slainte buddy!

edited December 1969

Tastes good, doesn't it?
    My Pleasure, my friend. Go on... drink it all in one place. That's what we do in Wisconsin! ;)

• Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited March 2013

Yep, I was bored - did a quick model in 3DCoat, adjusted in Carrara, added fur, bling and Carrara render - a play on a name. :)

bats_shop.jpg
    800 x 600 - 65K
    Post edited by Design Acrobat on
    edited December 1969

Yep, I was bored - did a quick model in 3DCoat, adjusted in Carrara, added fur, bling and Carrara render - a play on a name. :)

This is disturbing and yet oddly compelling...

• edited March 2013

I'm struggling with night lighting... it's like... I want it to be dark, and I don't want it to be dark at the same time :smirk:

This was basically a test run, I'm hoping to make it more interesting soon.

Night-1edited.png
    1280 x 1024 - 2M
    Post edited by K0daKumi_8e8836aac0 on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Happy St. Patrick's Day to Ya

Happy_St._Patricks_Day_.jpg
    869 x 709 - 318K
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

Koukotsu - nice try at a night time render, the blue-ish tones certainly work. Have you considered something like a back rim light (from maybe an open door nearby..) - this could be a strong yellowish light, just enough to pick out the edges on your models. I think this would lift it and stop it looking too gloomy, while keeping the overall night feel. I've seen this kind of thing done on tv and movies many times.

edited December 1969

Back to the art gallery. Done entirely in LightWave (sorry...can I ever stop apologizing for that? :cheese: ). Thanks to PhilW for pointing out how to export V4 in her posed state.

I wanted to get rid of the giant block of marble that Victoria was originally posed on -- but I'm not sure that a table does the trick. I think that the glass case will work better if I change the table into something else.

The picture frame in the background is awful too -- but I'll need more of them to put more art on the walls. Next up -- model the queuing ropes in LightWave by applying what you guys taught me in Carrara several weeks back...

art_gallery_v6_001.png
    1280 x 720 - 2M
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

shame on you Garstor!
    (unless of course you are posting Carrara renders on the Lightwave forum in which case, way to go!)

edited December 1969

shame on you Garstor!
    (unless of course you are posting Carrara renders on the Lightwave forum in which case, way to go!)

If DAZ has a LightWave forum, they don't talk about it...oh wait...they just don't talk! %-P

Seriously though; I should post some stuff over at Renderosity (both Carrara and LightWave).

• gaffer2gaffer2 Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

I did-continued my subscription to 3D world seems they only want to carry articles on 3Dmax and other stuff I cant afford so I don't do architectural visualization but I thought I would give it a try in carrara here is the result anyone wanting this file can have it.

the_house_from_3d_world166.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 685K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

keep the file Gaffer2 (or hand it to the construction company) I want the bloody house!!!!!

edited December 1969

gaffer2 said:
    I did-continued my subscription to 3D world seems they only want to carry articles on 3Dmax and other stuff I cant afford so I don't do architectural visualization but I thought I would give it a try in carrara here is the result anyone wanting this file can have it.

I'd love to get into more arch viz with both Carrara and LightWave. That is a beautiful model gaffer2. Are you sharing that out at ShareCG or somewhere else?

edited December 1969

keep the file Gaffer2 (or hand it to the construction company) I want the bloody house!!!!!
    Yeah. I want one, too! Nice image!
    edited December 1969

i WOULD BE GLAD TO PUT IT ON SHAREcg but I dont know how to package it any instructions would be great!!

edited December 1969

gaffer2 said:
    i WOULD BE GLAD TO PUT IT ON SHAREcg but I dont know how to package it any instructions would be great!!
    If the model, or any of the scene doesn't contain anybody else's copywritten material, you can save it in Carrara and choose the option to save 'All Internally', and Compress the file - or do that manually after the save using winrar, winzip, windows, whatever, and upload it to ShareCG - or, better yet, PM 3drendero from the Carrara Cafe, and ask if you can use their freebies area. They really need more stuff in there. I'll be adding to it hopefully soon, myself.

Does that help?

edited December 1969

sounds good Ill give it a shot the only copyrite stuff is the water folage from lisa's botanicles

edited December 1969

...or, better yet, PM 3drendero from the Carrara Cafe, and ask if you can use their freebies area.

I'll second that thought! Heck, maybe you could even do a post or four describing your process. I am sure that many would find it educational. ;)

• MiloMilo Posts: 511
    edited December 1969

Gaffer2 I will add my name to the list for the file as well.

Here is my image post. I have had a big block in finishing something. This is one I did for stonemasons contest. I learned a bunch about the replicators including strengths and some weaknesses. As well as other things about the process itself.

Platform-A19b.jpg
    1200 x 600 - 114K
    edited December 1969

Well It's up on share cg now let me know if I screwed up as this is the first time for me

edited March 2013

-_Milo_- said:
    Gaffer2 I will add my name to the list for the file as well.

Here is my image post. I have had a big block in finishing something. This is one I did for stonemasons contest. I learned a bunch about the replicators including strengths and some weaknesses. As well as other things about the process itself.

Whoa!!!
    I love how you've used "The Core" within the Greebles! That's frickin' Killer! Did you win sumthin? Cool render!
    Edited to add:
    Yeah, replicator, surface and other, have so much potential, it takes some playing around and heavy thought to finally appreciate how much you can and probably shouldn't use them for. I'm sort of in the middle of a whole new learning curve on the replicator. I've had a lot of great experience with the surface replicator, making maps and other distribution shaders, making special, non-rendered vertex object onto which to use them on and so fourth. But this other replicator is freaking immense in what it can do, too! So much math... so much... math!
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • edited March 2013

PhilW said:
    Have you considered something like a back rim light (from maybe an open door nearby..)

Great suggestion! That's an option that I always tend to forget for whatever reason, lol.

I gave it a try for round 2, and decorated the little makeshift planter in the background with some grass, a nice rock, and some fallen leaves. (...and it's starting to dawn on me that perhaps my tree is just a little too much for the setting, someone needs to fire the landscaper that decided to plant such an enormous tree there >:-( )

The image is much brighter and a bit warmer overall this time around, but I think it still has a fairly night timey kind of look going on.

Night-3edited.png
    1280 x 1024 - 2M
    Post edited by K0daKumi_8e8836aac0 on
    edited December 1969

I've been working through my library of DAZ and Poser assets recently, using Carrara 8 Pro. These are a few recent renders.

Full size versions of these, and other 3D images can be found on Flickr at: Various 3D

Hmnph. You must have posted this one just as I was writing a comment on the pic above it.
    I have to say that I enjoy these renders - all of them. In particular, however, I really like the way you've made the second image, with the girl and the bird, look like you've painted it. Her expression is smack-dab just right, so is her pose around the bird. Priceless! Great job, Paul!
This discussion has been closed.