[Released] LAMH2Iray Catalyzer: 1.8 update available [Commercial]

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

ok Alessandro my mouth is watering and I am convinced now to invest in LAMH and animals. 

• dikatindikatin Posts: 33

Is there a good channel to follow updates at any chance? furrythings.com doesn't feature this at all. At the moment the software is far too unreliable to do anything with it. Really sick and tired of having Studio crash if I dare to do *something*. It's LAMH all over again.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

OK, so I saw a hint here to just download the animals to get the iRAY settings, that worked fine, I'm mostly caught up now but the Cervidae/Caribou isn't showing up in my product list at DAZ or Hivewire so not sure why but that's the only one in Alex's list that's not turning up!  frown

• JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    edited August 2017

I tried another experiment with "LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer" with DAZ Studio and Iray. This time I wanted to see if I could combine a "LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer" animal with  HW Housecat and LAMH preset by Saiyaness in one render with no post work.  

DAZ Studio crashed everytime I tried to combine a LAMH animal in a scene with a LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer animal. The trick was to convert the LAMH preset by Saiyaness to an object and save it as a separate file and then merge it into the scene with the "LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer" animal.  Then just render it with "LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer".  

6 min render, no post work

TigerKitty01.jpg
    960 x 960 - 224K
    Post edited by Joepingleton on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

awesome render Joe

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Totally adorable.  Love those presets from Saiyaness

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,635
    edited August 2017

I spoke too soon - the lag is back - waited a long time for DS to respond before I had to quit.  I'll send those log files again.

Post edited by Silent Winter on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Was just coming in to get alessandro's email cos the same thing with me. I had to force quite - can you still generate a valid log file when restarting from a force quit? 

I spoke too soon - the lag is back - waited a long time for DS to respond before I had to quit.  I'll send those log files again.

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I've also had this lag! I thought it had to be a coincidence until I read this thread. I had to close out at least once and extremely long lag too.

jakiblue said:

Was just coming in to get alessandro's email cos the same thing with me. I had to force quite - can you still generate a valid log file when restarting from a force quit? 

I grabbed the files before I quit and restarted (DS one is in C:/users:yourname:AppData:Roaming:DAZ3D:Studio4:log.txt) - the LAMH ones are in MyDocs:Daz 3D:Studio: LAMH2IRay.... / lookatmyhairAM respectively.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310
    jakiblue said:

Oh that's lovely! Is that an HDR as the background or a set?

Uthgard said:

Sounds good to me, too.  You can never have too many cute little doggies.  Here's one of my recent efforts.

Cheers,

Alex.

It's Tango Alpha's Country Ford.

https://www.daz3d.com/country-ford-for-daz-studio-and-carrara

I removed the railing on the walkway and all the other bits that date the scene or make it look like the United Kingdom.  I also used sun / sky lighting with the SS sun disk scale set to 8 and the SS Haze set to 4.

I'm not a fan of HDRIs, I always have problems getting the shadows how I like them. 

Cheers,

Alex.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

AM, are the Furry freebies on the radar for Catalyzer? I find the Mildog and Milcat presets vital.

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited August 2017

AM, are the Furry freebies on the radar for Catalyzer? I find the Mildog and Milcat presets vital.

As soon as the Catalyzer runs stable (there is already a 1.1 update coming next week which will address issues collected since now), as time allows I will see to convert most popular furrythings presets. Mind that in the meantime my new canine/feline models might already become available.

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Wow, are they that close? Like, Daz already has them and it's just a matter of QA/scheduling?

By the by, when are we going to get a bugfix pass on LAMH proper?

• mikmodmikmod Posts: 65
    barbult said:

Does this only work with the AM animals sold in the Daz store, or will it work with LAMH hair that users have created themselves?

In this initial release it works with my models only.

Hi!

So this plugin totally ignores user-created hair (as Renderman or instances one)??

• Yeah canine/feline models from Alessandro_AM! Dreams do come true

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654

I am having a similar problem as jakiblue and Silent Winter and dreamfarmer. I haven't  used Catalyzer for two days, but other scenes I work on hang up when I have a human figure part selected and am trying to pose it - the little busy icon keeps spinning. I wait and wait and sometimes end up having to close the program. I tried just closing the Catalyzer tab but that didn't help. I had to uninstall Catalyzer then restart DS. I also uninstalled LAMH just in case. Anyway no more problems with posing people after that. 

I've had the problem even after closing the pane too - seems that if I close and restart DS the problem goes away for a short time but comes back after I've had DS open a while - so it seems like some kind of memory leak/clog problem

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,575
    edited August 2017

I realize I'm a little bit late to the party, but I finally made some time to play with Alessandro's Catalyzer this morning and was able to produce this wolf image in 90 minutes start to finish (including installation, getting my bearings using the plugin, etc.):

Although I did experience numerous crashes, the speed improvements are so great that I'm more than happy to support further development by purchasing the plugin - looking forward to stability improvements, as well as the ability to use this on my own LAMH creations!

- Greg

wolf-01.png
    800 x 450 - 327K
    Post edited by algovincian on
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,575
    edited August 2017

Wanted to add that most of the 90 minutes was not spent rendering. I made 2 renders (2400 pixels wide) that included beauty/depth canvases that cooked for less than 5 minutes each. One was with DOF focused on his eyes and one without DOF. The no-DOF render was used to selectively remove the DOF blur on his paws and nose.

- Greg

Post edited by algovincian on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

that is just beautiful! 

I realize I'm a little bit late to the party, but I finally made some time to play with Alessandro's Catalyzer this morning and was able to produce this wolf image in 90 minutes start to finish (including installation, getting my bearings using the plugin, etc.):

Although I did experience numerous crashes, the speed improvements are so great that I'm more than happy to support further development by purchasing the plugin - looking forward to stability improvements, as well as the ability to use this on my own LAMH creations!

- Greg

Requests:

It'd be nice if translucency had some toggle to use the underlying hair image; I like, generally, making hair/fur fairly translucent, but with only a simple color that tends to wash away the fur patterns.

The ability to click and type in values for Catalyzer settings rather than use slide bar. Not important, but it'd be nice. ;)

Regarding Hair Density... what is the scale? Going from 5 to 6, is this like subd where that's a 4x step? Is it linear and 6 is 20% more than 5?

The documentation doesn't say.

Also, where is the Catalyzer making temp files and can that be changed? My C drivespace is very tight and I keep getting alerts that suggest Catalyzer is running out of space.

• Requests:

It'd be nice if translucency had some toggle to use the underlying hair image; I like, generally, making hair/fur fairly translucent, but with only a simple color that tends to wash away the fur patterns.

The ability to click and type in values for Catalyzer settings rather than use slide bar. Not important, but it'd be nice. ;)

Noted, I will add that.

• Regarding Hair Density... what is the scale? Going from 5 to 6, is this like subd where that's a 4x step? Is it linear and 6 is 20% more than 5?

The documentation doesn't say.

Density = 10 will double the preset default quantity. Density = 1 will cut in half the preset default quantity.

• Also, where is the Catalyzer making temp files and can that be changed? My C drivespace is very tight and I keep getting alerts that suggest Catalyzer is running out of space.

temp files are created and deleted automatically but if you want to check if something is left around, the folder is:  'documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\LAMH2IrayCatalyzerAM\temp\'

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,475

I tried another experiment with "LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer" with DAZ Studio and Iray. This time I wanted to see if I could combine a "LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer" animal with  HW Housecat and LAMH preset by Saiyaness in one render with no post work.  

DAZ Studio crashed everytime I tried to combine a LAMH animal in a scene with a LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer animal. The trick was to convert the LAMH preset by Saiyaness to an object and save it as a separate file and then merge it into the scene with the "LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer" animal.  Then just render it with "LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer".  

6 min render, no post work

Looks fantastic!

• XanathonXanathon Posts: 86
    edited August 2017

Hello Allessandro_AM

I just installed LAMH2Iray Catalyzer and the raccoon I just bought. Loaded the raccoon for Catalyzer and tried to open the Catalyzer pane. But it's not there (yes, I looked under LAMH ... Catalyzer).

I deinstalled the package through DIM and reinstalled it two times now, but the pane does not show up. What to do? Thanks in advance for your help.

Under "Installed Files" it says:

Regards
    Xanathon

Post edited by Xanathon on