LAMH PLAYER: Open Beta... Renders and Discussions Thread. 1.5.13 UPDATE READY!

Comments

• agsears_f6a68cb825agsears_f6a68cb825 Posts: 169
    edited December 1969

Here are some more renders.

These are to show using LAMH for Real World styles. Things that "real people" would have to deal with. For instance, in these, our model is having to brush her hair.

Try doing this with prop or figure hair. ;P

redheadside.jpg
    600 x 700 - 222K
    redhead-hot-cropped.jpg
    700 x 735 - 215K
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,773
    edited March 2013

The new human hair shader is making a huge difference on the look of hair renders and I like it very much.
    Below is the render of Genesis Extra Long Hair obtained from
    http://www.furrythings.com/presets/
    Rendered in DS 4.5 Pro while using the LAMH player.

Aiko5LongHair01pic02.jpg
    900 x 1000 - 375K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited December 1969

Unfortunately I am also getting a crash of DS 4.5 Pro with hair preset loaded with LAMH player
    if I try to save the scene, make a new scene or just close (exit) DS 4.5 Pro.
    I have looked at the "Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio" directory, but could not find the log file
    "Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM/logfile.txt"
    The directory "Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM" does not exists as well.

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Artini said:
    Unfortunately I am also getting a crash of DS 4.5 Pro with hair preset loaded with LAMH player
    I have looked at the "Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio" directory, but could not find the log file

Hello Artini. New player beta will be released out today. Besides addressing a number of issues on the Windows version, we have set the logFile.txt in the proper location.
    Sorry about the issues but being an "open beta", we were expecting some bugs to be around :)

edited December 1969

Artini said:
    The new human hair shader is making a huge difference on the look of hair renders and I like it very much.

Cool render Artini, thanks so much for doing it and sharing it! :)

• fairyfantasticfairyfantastic Posts: 116
    edited December 1969

i also cnt find the log file

edited December 1969

fairy_37 said:
    i also cnt find the log file

Hi Fairy, hold on, as I said we are getting a new release out with several fixes. About my email, it's

info_at_alessandromastronardi.com (replace _at_ with @)

• edited December 1969

This new human hair shader is just awesome, it really adds a natural look to the hair. Can't wait to get it also in the retail version!

Here are some more renders.

These are to show using LAMH for Real World styles. Things that "real people" would have to deal with. For instance, in these, our model is having to brush her hair.

Try doing this with prop or figure hair. ;P

• edited December 1969

Artini said:

Amazing how realistic the hair looks with that natural shine on it.

edited December 1969

Artini said:

Hello Artini. New player beta will be released out today. Besides addressing a number of issues on the Windows version, we have set the logFile.txt in the proper location.
    Sorry about the issues but being an "open beta", we were expecting some bugs to be around :)
    Great. Thanks for all your hard work on LAMH, the results are amazing.
    I am looking forward to the upcoming 1.1 update of the full version of LAMH as well.

edited December 1969

Artini said:

Amazing how realistic the hair looks with that natural shine on it.
    Yes, I agree. It makes a huge difference.

edited December 1969

thnks Alessandro_AM look forward to next beta

edited December 1969

Another render, utilizing "Tina Turnover hair" preset in LAMH player with Human Hair Shader applied.

Tina01pic03.jpg
    900 x 1000 - 387K
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Artini said:

If you create the directory manually then the beta plugin will actually record the logfile as normal. I noted the same thing in an earlier post.
    edited December 1969

Artini said:
    Another render, utilizing "Tina Turnover hair" preset in LAMH player with Human Hair Shader applied.

Nice render, I like that shine on the hair. I confess my ignorance, what texture set and shape did you use on this model?

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Looks a lot like the new Aiko 5.

edited December 1969

thnk u heraldof fire works great
    Alessandro_AM mail sent hun
    also theres some great renders well done to u all xxxx

edited December 1969

Artini said:

Nice render, I like that shine on the hair. I confess my ignorance, what texture set and shape did you use on this model?
    Thanks, Alessandro. Yes, it is Aiko5, but I do not remember the exact name of the shader preset. I will try to find it out.

edited December 1969

Artini said:

If you create the directory manually then the beta plugin will actually record the logfile as normal. I noted the same thing in an earlier post.
    Thanks, I will try it soon.
  • 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

I'm glad I've started using Genesis :red:

Now I can see if the GenX V4/M4 will work so I can give my Les Miz characters better looking hair :cheese:

You can use LAMH on ALL characters not just genesis! I already made one V4 hair and I can gladly make more.... in the middle of making a "fantasy" (erm...mermaid hair) style for V4 now actually...... ^^

WooHoo :cheese: Thank you so much for the tip, Alia :-)

Sorry for the uber late reply; in addition to a lot or meetings at one of my jobs and the end of term in the school where I teach it was also my birthday 2 days ago so there were a lot of socials in addition to work :-P

Will PM you on that other thing now that I've had a chance to catch up :lol:

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,747
    edited December 1969

With the Release of the Jack the Giant slayer movie today...I thought it would be fun to release a FREE hair preset for LAMH that can give the distinctive look that one of the giants has in the movie.

This preset will work with the LAMH free player or the full version.

You can download th hair here:

www.furrythings.com/presets_depot/LAMHGiantHair.zip

or visit the Furrythings website and find all the other cool free hair presets available:

Hope you enjoy it :)

Rawn

Giant-POP9.jpg
    500 x 650 - 229K
    edited December 1969

wow raw thts a cool render love the waveness

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,747
    edited December 1969

fairy_37 said:
    wow raw thts a cool render love the waveness

It is fun finding all the different looks you can get.
    I can't wait for the new tools :)

edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    With the Release of the Jack the Giant slayer movie today...I thought it would be fun to release a FREE hair preset for LAMH that can give the distinctive look that one of the giants has in the movie.

This preset will work with the LAMH free player or the full version.

You can download th hair here:

www.furrythings.com/presets_depot/LAMHGiantHair.zip

or visit the Furrythings website and find all the other cool free hair presets available:

Hope you enjoy it :)

Rawn

Well that's creative, great works as always Rawn! :)

edited March 2013

This Human Hair Shader in LAMH player is amazing. Below is the render of Aiko5 wearing
    "Genesis - female crazy hair" from one of the presets available at
    Its settings are as follows:
    Hair Quantity: Human (Young Brown) 110000
    Color setup: Light Chestnut Brown
    Thickness Root 150 Tip 110

FemaleCrazyHair01pic14.jpg
    900 x 1000 - 440K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited December 1969

Player 1.01 update just released, be sure to download the new files (see initial post for the links and instructions).

We addressed several stability fixes and log file is now saved in: Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/logfile.txt

• KlasKlas Posts: 18
    edited March 2013

Hello Alessandro,
    thank you for the plugin. Currently I am working on a scene with the mammoth, Terragen2 as renderer. I noticed that (on Win7 64) if C:\User\My Name\Documents\Daz 3D\Studio\geometry\ doesn't exist DS crashes if I klick on "to OBJ". The folder is not created by the plugin. There are also some unexpected lines if I attach a preset on the posed mammoth. They are gone if I zero the pose and than do an undo.
    Edit: The thickness of the Tip is alway 1500 for the body and 1600 for the ears. Is this normal?
    Plugin version is 1.01, DS 4.5.1.56 - 64

Bild1.jpg
    492 x 404 - 58K
    Post edited by Klas on
    edited December 1969

KlasK said:
    Hello Alessandro,
    thank you for the plugin. Currently I am working on a scene with the mammoth, Terragen2 as renderer. I noticed that (on Win7 64) if C:\User\My Name\Documents\Daz 3D\Studio\geometry\ doesn't exist DS crashes if I klick on "to OBJ". The folder is not created by the plugin. There are also some unexpected lines if I attach a preset on the posed mammoth. They are gone if I zero the pose and than do an undo.
    Plugin version is 1.01, DS 4.5.1.56 - 64

Hi KlasK, you just got another bug. Please create manually C:\User\My Name\Documents\Daz 3D\Studio\geometry folder, otherwise the export to OBJ will fail. About the occasional guide lines going crazy, that may still occur sometimes but shouldn't affect render or object export. About the mammoth preset, I can't tell from your screenshot but start with a 0'ed figure and IIRC mammoth morph set at 0.93. That should match perfectly the preset that you are loading.

• KlasKlas Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

..that may still occur sometimes but shouldn't affect render or object export.
    It's also on the exported object and are also there if I start with a zeroed mammoth. But a little bend or twist and the "crazy lines" are gone :)
    Untitled2b.jpg
    640 x 512 - 67K
    edited December 1969

Sorry if I gave the wrong instructions.

At least here it works if:

- I load the mammoth, set zero figure (it will null the pose and mammoth morph)
    - set the Afr-eleph-mammoth morph back to 0.93
    - load the preset (in this case I used the Mammoth - longer mane.lmh)

Screenshots attached...

mamm2.jpg
    1870 x 1125 - 433K
    mamm1.jpg
    1916 x 1129 - 318K