SereneNight's Sci-fi Fun

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558

Yeah, I think the splash brushes are on sale now for 3.50. Thats a good deal. You may check though and see if the styles are included with some of the other sets. I'm not sure if they are. 

edited June 2017

If you haven't seen this yet, the Swimwear Add On for OOT M7 Intimates for Genesis 3 Males at Rendo by Sf-Design looks pretty durn hot on the guys. Plus there are some extra bulge morphs to aid in realism. You need the OOT set to make this work.  There is also a nice freebie navel in the free section here, if you find your character needs more of a belly button. Owen's apparently is missing according to this render. I may have to do something about that!

v.png
    1400 x 1600 - 3M
    Post edited by Serene Night on
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282

None of the brushes I have has Styles with then but with the G3M hand poses it is 60% off. I'm going to try you tutorial out at the weekend as stress relief from work wink

Let me know how the tutorial works.

I own lots of styles and use them fairly often. I have about 5 that came with rons brushes. I think the war series, particle elements, firefly, and water I use most frequently. There is also mud and grunge styles,  I've also purchased a number of sets at graphic river and elsewhere. The ones used for text are frequently too harsh for brushwork but sometimes there are one or two that I like. 

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

@3dreamer I just bought the splashes brushes to try out @serene night's tutorial.  I checked the install zip for splashes 1 and it does come with styles.  It was in a folder separate from the brushes, with the main folder called "presets."  There is no reference to it in the products page though, as far as I can tell.  I didn't install with DIM.  Anyway, I hope your set has them too. 

Thanks Serene, I'll let you know how it goes :-)

Hi Worlds_Edge - I had Splashes 2 before, no styles, just picked up Splashes 1 and found the styles. I will have time to play at the weekend - this should be the last week of a stressful 2 months at work so I have something fun to look forward to now.

edited June 2017

A trip to the Sci-fi surgery turned out to be quite a charge.

surgery-1.jpg
    1600 x 1829 - 3M

Okay I just have to say that Serene Nights tear tutorial is great and very easy to follow.

I did it on my laptop touchpad - I should have dug out my graphics tablet or stuck on a mouse ;-) Ronan's eyes are a bit red, so I opted to skip the red layer, might not the next time. Don't be afraid to go thick on the tear tracks, I went back and thickened them, and modeled them a bit with the eraser after the style was applied. I found that the tears in the eyes weren't catching the light to shine - so I touched that up too and used gaussian blur, might take that down a notch next time. But it was a great learning exercise.

So thanks Serene for a great tutorial :-)

tear test.png
    1123 x 873 - 1M

Wow! Great job 3dDreamer! Those tears look good! 

edited June 2017

Unfortunately, my rendering machine died. It's either a power adapter or a logic board. On the offchance it is the adapter, I've ordered a replacement, but I suspect like most laptops it is where the adapter plugs in that is the issue and I'm not going to repair that. 

So I've ordered a new machine. My time table for replacement was november.. So not too bad off... And I have a junker lenovo I got as a product tester to use until then.  Remember back up your stuff my friends.

I suppose the hard drive is just fine. If I  can get the hard drives out and use them elsewhere, but I'll need to pick up a sata enclosure.

Personally I hate windows 10, but looks like I will be dragged in kicking and screaming.

Sorry to hear about your computer dying but glad you'll get a shiney new one soon.  Setting everything up all over again isn't fun but just think of all the fun of playing in a faster machine.

I got used to windows 10 very quickly even though I'd previously been leery of it.  I think windows 8 was bad (I avoided it but have used it on other people's' machines) but hopefully you will come to like win 10. 

Thanks World's Edge:

Yeah, I got the machine today, and am busy transfering content over. I have a ton of custom categories and I suspect I will have to remake them. The directories and drive letters are too different. I'm also thinking of not installing a lot of my 3delight stuf and older generation stuff. It only has a Terabyte of hard drive space so I want to conserve it. And I rarely use M4/V4/ or genesis as much these days.

Quite honestly, I value streamlined ease of use and 8 and 10 are pretty bloated and filled with junk I will never use and nanny--ware  I don't need charms, cortana, or any of the live stuff which spies on me. I'd prefer to save my ram for running DAZ 3d and photoshop.... But they didn't consult me. wink I'd love to go back to an xp like interface. With nothing there, except the interface and my software. I have no intererst in bells and whistles, since I only use my pc for certain things.

I spend about a week de-toothing it when I got my W10 laptop, I had done allot of reading up before hand to know what to hit. Watch out for Major updates to - they reactivated stuff I had turned off crying Mine 'lost' my second hard disk Wednesday night, all I can think of was running Diagnostics sorted out whatever was messed up as it was recogised again just when I was thinking of a system restore. Of course the rest of the night was backing up everything, as it is my data drive. I did think of you and your computer problems while I was doing it all. sad

Yeah I tend to remove all the non essentials. I don't want any spyware or  Microsoft extras on it. I want to save my hard drive space for the important things.  I also detest it trying to do stuff for me or block stuff. I have to strip all that off.

I think the  new computer  isn't as well made as the previous  one. Even though it has 64 mb of ram and an 8 gig graphics card windows 10 has it running its fan more than my previous one ever did.  It is a gaming notebook so I've had ones with loud fans (Alienware) but my last was relatively quiet. This one has a fairly robust fan. 

Hopefully soon I will get to do a test render. I started it downloading my stuff last night but I forgot to adjust power options and it went to sleep while it was still using dim. Lame

They also installed the prior version of 10 so the first thing it did upon bootup was install the latest version of 10 while disabling my trackpad for the duration.

sorry to hear about your bad drive. I haven't had that problem in a while but I stopped toting my laptop around and it seems to minimize wear and tear. I know I ask a lot of my computers so I anticipate replacing them every 2-3 years

I transferred a lot of content over and managed to transfer Boyd and Owen over but their shoulders are like 15 percent bigger using the exact same morphs on the new computers versus the old one. It isn't a good look since Owen already is cut enough  Also the eyebrows loaded differently but I'm sorta liking those. I'm wondering if the different shape is a product update or something. I checked and I have all the same stuff dialed in.  Unfortunately there are so many morphs used for these characters it is probably too difficult to figure out which one is the issue.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

A trip to the Sci-fi surgery turned out to be quite a charge.

Oh, this is just plain fun! The bottoms of his feet are a neat contrast to his green glow.
    Hope the computer doing different morphs for the shoulders gets sorted out. That is just plain weird.

edited June 2017

The computer is great. A few bugs, but I expected some with Windows. 10. I dislike the Windows 10 laptop trackpad lag, which I think is super annoying.

Never did figure out what made the guys boxy-shoulders. Unfortunately, there can be morphs that don't play well together that happen more often lately. I don't have as much time to troubleshoot and figure those problems out.

yeah, Boyds feet didn't get much emissive from that scanner's rings. So they are his natural tone- Golden brown!

edited July 2017

After a bet with Owen, Boyd resurrects an old lawn mower found inside a maintenance shed. It seems to be smoking a bit though.

I kinda wanted to render a domestic scene with a the lawn mower and make a pose for it, but discovered not only did I not have a good home with a lawn, I had no real lawnmower poses. So  imade one. The lawnmower is by Valandar and I think it it is really pretty cool. It turned out great in Iray. The pose was the hardest part. The mower's handle bar was not height adjustable, and I had to mess around with the pose and the size of the mower to acutally be able to use it.

mowingthelawnfinal-1.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922
    edited July 2017

After a bet with Owen, Boyd resurrects an old lawn mower found inside a maintenance shed. It seems to be smoking a bit though.

I kinda wanted to render a domestic scene with a the lawn mower and make a pose for it, but discovered not only did I not have a good home with a lawn, I had no real lawnmower poses. So  imade one. The lawnmower is by Valandar and I think it it is really pretty cool. It turned out great in Iray. The pose was the hardest part. The mower's handle bar was not height adjustable, and I had to mess around with the pose and the size of the mower to acutally be able to use it.

Ugh! If only I was fast enough to be mowing my lawn so quickly after the last mow. I'm embarrassing my neighbors! cheeky OK, not that much. Maybe I will buy a riding mower next year.

excellent job by the way

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
    edited July 2017

Thanks, I admit I enjoy doing renders of all the usual day-to day stuff like mowing the lawn, getting groceries etc. It does make me realize how little day-to-day content I actually own. It would be easier to do an image fighting a demon than having a character do a reuglar chore! alas.

edited July 2017

Owen hitches a ride into town with a friend. Yes it is wet and rainy. I am quite fond of making puddles an pools on the ground for some reason.  Where is Boyd? I have no idea.

RideIntoTown.jpg
    1800 x 2057 - 3M
    edited July 2017

This was my second alternative pose idea. I settled on the first one, but I also liked this one. You can decide for yourself which you prefer. I had to shrink the bike in the initial one to get Owen to be able to stand up while they are parked.

crossing.jpg
    1800 x 2057 - 3M

Oh the bike is no longer sold in the store, which was too bad. Looks much more realistic than anything else I own.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I like them both too.  I really like him standing but I also really like how well you posed his hand holding onto the vest in the second one. Tough choice!  Of course, you can keep both and enjoy them for their differences lol.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,118

These are really nice! I prefer the second pose, but I like the more visible rain of the first.

Thanks! Glad you like them.

edited July 2017

I've been thinking of illustrating a manly unicorn. I never did render Dione the unicorn girl. So... Decided to render a unicorn man instead. I had some glitter skin shaders I bought at the other store. But.... It didn't look quite right!

UnicornMan.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M

Unicorn man is tres hot :)  Great render, love the colors and the clarity.

Thanks! I don't normally do  anthros but this one isn't really furry enough to qualify. 

edited July 2017

Here we are a test scene at the Mystical Island cave. It rendered quite dark for me, but darker is easier to deal with in photoshp than too light

If you haven't tried it already AutoFX has a free sampler of 10 filters. One of which is a 'light brush' which is pretty need and easy way to make godrays and light effects http://www.autofx.com/download-free-photoshop-plugins/

together2.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
This discussion has been closed.