SereneNight's Sci-fi Fun

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I really like the motorcycle renders- the splash looks so real, and so do the puddles on the ground in the second one. Wow! 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,559
    edited July 2017

I picked up a ton of i13 sets during this recent sale. This set came with i13 dreams. I really like it, the bed is quite creative. A whole bunch of pipes, pumps and spigots from an old plumbing made up the furniture. After I rendered it, I realized Boyd's wristwatch said 12 midnight, but.... The clock on the bed.... I'm not sure what time that is exactly supposed to be. So I switched the wristwatch hands to read the exact same bizarro time. I'm going with an EMP pulse stopping the clocks at the exact same time.

630 QuestionMark.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited July 2017

I bought Sy's Knocked Out set a while ago. I hadn't used it yet, so Boyd was voluntold to demonstrate the effectiveness of this product. Granted, I'm not sure how long Boyd will be out cold. Guess it depends on what those darts contain!

Knocked Out.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Great render.  I love that product and you made good use of it.  Boyd really does look relaxed/knocked out rather than holding up his own body.  

Hah hah! Thanks. Glad you like it. I think Boyd is probably happy Sarge caught him before he fell backwards on those things. They look like they would hurt!

I  hadn't rendered the knock out set, before because I plum forgot about it and with it hidden away with the props out of site out of mind.

I really like that particular wall in that Collective 3d Sci-fi Set. It really lends itself to emissive shaders. I think it was a freebie but I get a lont of use from it.

edited July 2017

I bought some couple in bed poses at renderosity and discovered doing poses on an actual bed was somewhat challenging. There is always a body part getting in the way or something floating somewhere. In this case the remote was my undoing. I had that thing floating in a couple previous renders which I did not save.

Togehter.jpg
    1600 x 1829 - 3M
  • somefunoksomefunok Posts: 62

Beautiful render, I love how your images are always so vibrant and tell a story.

I bought Sy's Knocked Out set a while ago. I hadn't used it yet, so Boyd was voluntold to demonstrate the effectiveness of this product. Granted, I'm not sure how long Boyd will be out cold. Guess it depends on what those darts contain!

OUCH woman, what are you putting your poor characters through?!!! He's going to be very mad at you when he wakes up! 

Seriously, love the posing and lighting. 

Novica said:

OUCH woman, what are you putting your poor characters through?!!! He's going to be very mad at you when he wakes up! 

Seriously, love the posing and lighting. 

Yeah and Boyd tends to be the one with a bit of a temper when riled up. Very little phases Owen. Well perhaps Boyd getting hurt. Other than that Owen is a cool customer.

somefunok said:

Beautiful render, I love how your images are always so vibrant and tell a story.

Thanks! That's my goal. I love renders with little details and I also love color.

edited July 2017

Boyd in the shower with a different hairstyle.

Novica asked how I liked the Soap Suds for Iray. The product is very easy to use, just click and go. The product is in the Genesis 3 female Materials folder. So don't be concerned if you don't see it in the men's section.The only thing I would change is I wish I could change the scale of those bubbles. Some were pretty big. Distractingly so. If you take it into photoshop and have ron's suds, though, you can cover some of them up. I also used Ron's suds to add some more lighter bubbles to make the premade ones look less stark. Enjoy.

Boyd.jpg
    2000 x 2286 - 5M
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Great work with the suds.  Could the larger bubbles have been scaled down, I wonder.  In any case, postworking to add variety with Ron's brushes appears to have taken care of any issues, good idea!

Yeah, I tried scaling the bubbles with tiling but they don't appear to be a shader, but maybe I a doing something wrong.

I think a soapy suds shader is the answer, that way you can make foam as big or as small as you want. The issue was the texture has an occasional super-sized bubble and most soap bubbles just doesn't get that big. More suited to bubble bath or something.

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,072

I do always enjoy sneaking into this thread for peeks at your works.  Interesting on the suds.   Don't have that product, but it's a good tip to go over them in Photoshop

edited July 2017

The Cyber Stealth-BodySuit HD for Genesis 3 Male is quite interesting. I like the look of the suit, but ran into some trouble with its use. There is a fair amount of pokethrough. There are adjustments for it, but right out of the box that disappoints me. (Boyd's body is nothing exciting, Michael 7 with bodybuilder and fitness). The webbing accent can get distorted especially along the chest and I found the torso, has a strange shape and can bulge out in places. It adds a lot of bulk to your figure, which is understandable, it *IS* armor, but the bulk is odd around the ribs and abdomen. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong with it. I tried to photoshop where the webbing stretched and broke apart along his shoulder , but, I was only partially successful.

Otherwise, I think it looks pretty durn good. I really like the textures.  With action outfits though, I want to make my character move around without the clothing warping. I'm going to try some other positions and see how they fare.

camo.jpg
    2000 x 2286 - 5M

I do always enjoy sneaking into this thread for peeks at your works.  Interesting on the suds.   Don't have that product, but it's a good tip to go over them in Photoshop

Thanks! I do like doing bathing scenes so it's nice to have suds product which work with g3m

edited August 2017

I hadn't used gobo lights much before but I think they worked here to reflect interesting light coming from a grid-like ceiling. The interesting thing is they gave the pic a more painterly quality. The samesex couples poses are newly released at Rendo and worth every penny. They are called "Love is Love" poses. Too bad we don't have poses like that released here.

offline.jpg
    1600 x 1829 - 3M
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Wow, that is nicely done!  Love what the gobo lights did with this scene.

Agree, I was just getting ready to comment on those! I love the patterning and the colors and the poses look very fluid. Nicely done!

Yeah I was happy with how it looked right out of the box. I did some color adjusting and some fixing but thought it turned out well

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,072

Lovely piece, Serene, with those two.  Well done.

edited August 2017

Hey thanks! I really liked how that one turned out. I think there is a bit of a role reversal in this one, as Owen looks a bit uneasyand Boyd looks more confidant. Hmmm. Now that I think of it Boyd is pretty confidant a lot, its just that we are seeing his protective side this time.

I also really like how Redz hair looked on Boyd. Although I liked the bangs on the other style.

edited August 2017

Boyd and Owen steal some time away from their daily grind to go for a nice jog in their new athletic wear, courtesy of the pc club.

Run-final-1.jpg
    2572 x 3143 - 4M
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Wow you did a great job of conveying them having a conversation as they are leaving.  The expressions and the way their heads are positioned really makes it look like they are talking as they stride off for their jog.  Very natural looking!  And the clothes look good!

Aww, thanks! I do think the outfits look great. I admit, I haven't bought a lot of clothing in the PC club lately but those running outfits are awesome. And they include a ton of morphs!

Bah! Two things I hate:

1. When I drop something like a vehicle to the ground- and it is suspended above the ground! I didn't even catch on about the wheel issue until the render was nearly done.

2. Parenting a driver to the vehicle makes studio choke!

edited August 2017

The Data Pimp

"Hey buddeee you look a little down, why don't you let me help you out? I've got everything you want right here, I can absolutely find anything you need! You want girls, I got some, you want splicing, I got that too. You looking for info? I've got all the infobanks an query bots and live meat from around the globe and my own call center right chipped in, ask ME anything, and I can find you exactly what YOU Need!

You ain't seen nothin' yet, I promise you, and best of all, I'm thoroughly discreet! I won't sell any of your data to anyone until after you've popped. I guarantee it. What'll it be? Guys? Girls? Kosher food for the bar mitzvah? No, no don't tell me, my Psych program has analyzed you from top to bottom, and I can tell you're looking for someone......

Hmmm-Don't worry, my friend, I can find whoever you are looking for. There ain't no place anyone can hide I can't *SEE* I'm all chipped in. Discretion guaranteed. No info pimp, skimps,  Rooners, or Lay-Aways. I don't offer this deal to everyone, but I'm offering it to you because I like you MAN, I really do!

-Not interested? Not ready to tell me your secrets? My feelings are hurt, man!

Well, just to show there are no hard feelings, I'll drop this infobomb for free! I tell you it is your lucky DAY! My implant tells me You must be popular budddeee , you must be a celebrity, 'cause I *KNOW* someone is looking for you REAL BAD.

You make someone angry? You catch the attention of the wrong ICE Machine? Just counting the hits on YOUR ID makes my head swim it going  to get real bad for you real fast...

But, don't worry. I got it covered. Let me scrub all that for a small fee.... Believe me, buddddee it be worth it. I can make you disappear... BEFORE they do *Chuckle* if you know what I mean...."

data-pimp1.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Ha! Got to love characters that are so in love with themselves they are sure everyone will believe their sales pitch!

And he SO looks like that type. I bet he's quite sucessful at it too!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

I like that soldier in the background. He seems to be saying stop to the snake oil salesman

This discussion has been closed.