SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION

Comments

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I have the opposite problem. I keep getting logged out of the forum and not the store.

Same hear, it's the forums for me.

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

I avoid going to the secure sections of the site if I can.... Loading times for that (not to mention product pages) have more than tripled for me on my connection speed since they upgraded so I can't get around easily :( At least the forums load "fast" for dialup. An order I placed the other day took me over 20 minutes going from the Cart to completing Checkout :(

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

The only real problem I've had with the store is it showing the wrong prices in the cart than it does on the page. I haven't had any issues purchasing, using the coupon, or downloading, but a lot of other people are. Oh, i was getting the wrong name on the account, but I haven't had that issue in a couple weeks now. I know lots of people are still having that problem.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I liked it when there were there. I logged on one day and they were just gone. Very inconvenient. I would assume that they will bring them back.

And why did I read "incontinent" now?
    :lol:
    I want the headline with links back too.
    But the store first.
    For some time I am not somebody else now (once it asked whether I am not myself - disconcerting!), but the wishlist count is still messed up.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

How do you even know how far off the wishlist count is? I can't count mine. It's hard enough just finding something in it! I don't have the time to count the items!

One wishlist item. Two wishlist items. Hehehe. :vampire: Three wishlist items. Three!

Dana

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

The link at the top of the page should be "My Wishlist(# Items)"

edited December 1969

Apart from the link in the forums ... that never shows (# Items) at all.

edited December 1969

Kerya said:

Apart from the link in the forums ... that never shows (# Items) at all.

No, the forums seem to be semi-detached.

• GigabeatGigabeat Posts: 164
    edited December 1969

I prefer to browse through the store with 60 items per page selected but when I selected the next page it always jumps back to 15 items per page. So I guess this is another store bug to sort out. Also what ever happen to being able to select to view only items on sales? I really hate going though everything to try and find the sales items.

edited December 1969

Have you made a bug report about the item count? Assuming there isn't one already, of course.

edited December 1969

GigaBeat said:
    I prefer to browse through the store with 60 items per page selected but when I selected the next page it always jumps back to 15 items per page. So I guess this is another store bug to sort out. Also what ever happen to being able to select to view only items on sales? I really hate going though everything to try and find the sales items.

Another of those things that don't work for some ...
    I have no problems with the 60 items per page staying selected (Firefox 13.0).
    What's your browser?

I would like the selection for sales too.

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

So do I. But the store shows fewer products released with 60 items per page than when I select 15 items per page. I've forgotten. Is there a setting somewhere that we can reset the default 60 items per page back to 15 items per page? Since it isn't accurate, I'd prefer to just display 15 items per page. Bad enough I have to click the sort button twice to display any new products.

Well .. isn't this interesting. If I click the sort button with 60 items displayed, it reverts to 15 items per page. So, I can eliminate the step where I change the item per page from 60 to 15 before I click the sort button.

View Only Sale Items
    View Only DAZ Originals (excluding the $1.99 PC products)
    View All PC Releases

And ... if the site ever actually gets fixed so that it notifies us when we're about to purchase a previously purchased products ... how about a filter to exclude products we've already purchased. Nothing more annoying than to have to search through pages of products I already purchased.

GigaBeat said:
  • GigabeatGigabeat Posts: 164
    edited December 1969

@ Kerya - I have Firefox 12. Now updating to Firefox 13. Thanks.

@ Richard Haseltine - I generally don't submit a bug report for minor issues. I'm sure Daz has bigger problems at the moment (like DS4.5 Release Candidate X.X).

@ Satira Capriccio - Great list of "View Only", now if only Daz will implement them in the store. And yes I also recently notice that the store does not detect previously purchased products when adding to the shopping cart. That's one of the reasons I requested a better search function for Itemised Order History as few pages ago.

Oooo just got email from Daz "Summer Sizzling Sale". Big saving on Popular Genesis products. Hmmm now I wonder why would they have Genesis Rage Outfit for M3 in this sale of items for Genesis figures.

edited December 1969

GigaBeat said:
    Hmmm now I wonder why would they have Genesis Rage Outfit for M3 in this sale of items for Genesis figures.

Sounds like another case of improper database design. They obviously were relying on a search of the titles rather than a relationship to the main product, Genesis. I keep saying, things like that should be tied to an id column in the database tables that are there solely for relational data, not for public consumption. There would be a column in the items that indicates required product and the link to that would bring up the desired products for the Genesis sale. That column would, of course, allow null values because otherwise they'd have to put that Genesis requires Genesis...unless, of course, they put that it required DS4+. But this is in the product title, so it seems like that isn't how things were set up.

Unless, of course, somebody mistakenly did relate this to the Genesis figure out of ignorance, or lack of sleep, or being distracted by a new shiny.

Dana

• guangh69guangh69 Posts: 165
    edited December 1969

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh```````````````

I still can not buy anything. My PC coupon. father`s day coupon both can be used. But I can not check out. When I checked out. I was redirected to my cart. And a red rectangel said paypal gateway refused, duplicate invoice.

You do not give me time. The many things I want to buy in fast grab had gone. The summer sale will end two days later.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

Do NOT update to FF 13, as Adobe Flash WILL crash when you load a page using it despite being updated. (screenshot attached to show plugins are updated)

The site I used to test this was http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about

It crashed everytime I opened that page (due to it, ironically, using Flash to show animation close to the top of the page).

[This is NOT a DAZ3D-problem]

Edit. Obviously there's something wrong, so I'm on Chrome right now. I'll see how it works out....

FF_plugins-update.jpg
    713 x 796 - 79K
    Post edited by Norse Graphics on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I had no problem oepning that page, and the animation at the topp worked for me. Using FF 13

edited June 2012

Well, I'm using Vista 32.bit on my laptop, and Firefox NEVER crashed before it updated to version 13. Having little patience, I switched to Chrome after crashing for the n'th time. The update happened at the 15'th, btw. Just as the crashes started to happen. >:(

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=747683

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
  • CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

Page worked okay for me too, no crashes and animation normal, also using FF13.

• Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited June 2012

Well, I'm using Vista 32.bit on my laptop, and Firefox NEVER crashed before it updated to version 13. Having little patience, I switched to Chrome after crashing for the n'th time. The update happened at the 15'th, btw. Just as the crashes started to happen. >:(

My Firefox just updated today and I just bought something here and had some weird problems, although in the end it worked as expected. However, I did get that pending problem (I used the reset download trick, which worked).

After reading your post, though, I thought I would log in using Chrome to do the reset thing. What I found was how much faster the site is in Chrome! I wonder if anyone else has found this. Although I have reasons for sticking to FF generally (important plug-ins) I think I'm going to do my DAZ account stuff in Chrome from now on.
    Post edited by Hiro Protagonist on
  • atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

I've used FF for a long time and I never had any problems until the first update after 3.0 came out, and it's been crashing constantly ever since :( I'm using the latest version of 3.6... I can't upgrade any further because an important program I am required to use for dialup to help me avoid constant time outs loading pages won't get updated to support the new versions *cries* :( I've been waiting for over a year and they won't upgrade it :(

edited December 1969

HELP!
    I can't log into the store. After I logged in for about five or six times, I still can't go into my account or add something to my cart.
    And I DID get that green "your nick and password are fine!
    And I AM logged into the forum ...

edited December 1969

Kerya, did you try logging out first? Sometimes that helps.

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Kerya, did you try logging out first? Sometimes that helps.

Dana

Thanks Dana!
    I didn't do something apart from writing some messages here in the forum, that seemed to help, because when I tried to look at the store - I was logged in (without doing something special).
    Maybe you have to write a message now before being allowed to buy something. LOL!

edited December 1969

Maybe. Well, I'm glad you got back in. I'm off to bed now!

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Maybe. Well, I'm glad you got back in. I'm off to bed now!

Dana

Sleep well and have nice dreams!

edited December 1969

My Firefox just updated today and I just bought something here and had some weird problems, although in the end it worked as expected. However, I did get that pending problem (I used the reset download trick, which worked).

After reading your post, though, I thought I would log in using Chrome to do the reset thing. What I found was how much faster the site is in Chrome! I wonder if anyone else has found this. Although I have reasons for sticking to FF generally (important plug-ins) I think I'm going to do my DAZ account stuff in Chrome from now on.

Well, I moved to Chrome because of the crashes. Maybe it's something with my machine, I don't know. Anyway, I started with FF because I thought IE was slow as molasses. Now, IE is still (IMHO) slow, FF a bit faster, but Chrome the fastest browser. Seems Google has done something right.

The functionality, on the other hand, is not as extensive as FF (No Script-plugin etc.).
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

When will I be able to access my Wishlist - it has been over a month and still no resolution of this issue.

edited December 1969

I thought they said coupons can be stacked! I can't figure out how to do that. I'm trying to get the Evolution Morphs bundle with the FAther's Day and PC coupons. When I apply one, the other is removed. >:(

Has anyone been successful in stacking the coupons? Or is that just another pipe dream?

Dana

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

I thought (though I can't find it) that was said it would be the case in the old forums. It definitely is NOT possible. They cannot be stacked at present.

I have been asking (in several different threads), without any success in getting an answer so far from Daz, whether this is going to change in the future.