Morphs from G3 to G8

Comments

• lululee1lululee1 Posts: 291

Hi,

When I select "to Daz Studio" and try to uncheck "Write Groups" it goes to custom.

I can't uncheck "write groups" with "To Daz Studio" selected.

Please help.

Cheerio

lululee

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    lululee1 said:

Hi,

When I select "to Daz Studio" and try to uncheck "Write Groups" it goes to custom.

Please help.

Cheerio

lululee

Custom is fine, you just need to have selected Daz to make sure the scale is correct. 

• ThorneThorne Posts: 169
    edited June 2017

Hi there, will try out those tutorials and hope to be able to start transfering over morphs soon. Some questions as I'm not fully aware what is possible and what not:

- Figures with just a head and body morph. Is it possible to copy over head and body separately? Or just as one figure morph?
    - HD Morphs. Either from DAZ original figures or from vendor figures. Those are not possible to transfer, right?
    - Single morphs form packs like from Thorne (the various Ressource Kits) or Zev0. Those are possible, right?
    - Interconnected morph kits with controllers like Age Control, Growing Up etc. Those are not possible to transfer?
    - Various helpers (projection morphs?) like those from SickleYield or Zev0?
    - Morphs connected to geografts like tails, horns etc. Possible but makes no sense as the geograft won't fit?

Thanks for any info on this. I have a huge morph library for G3F so I might purchase some G8 updates someday nevertheless as long as they'll be reasonably priced (as far as I understand, it might be not that much work for a PA to port a product over) or adding additional features. Maybe a new Age Control or Growing up can make use of the new face posing/expression capabilities.

We are in the process of converting all our original Genesis 3 morph resource kits to Genesis 8, including the hard to transfer bits like the eyes and lashes  These work on Genesis 8 directly and are set up in separate folders in the same way as the G3 versions. The original Genesis 3 versions were merchant resources for Genesis 3 only, but we will be offering the Genesis 8 versions soon in the store as merchant resources with major discounts for those who already have the Genesis 3 versions. wink

Post edited by Thorne on
  • dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134
    edited June 2017
    Redz said:

Updated the tutorial file that (hopefully) sorts out those fingernail issues. Let me know how you get on with it. And huge thanks to everyone providing ideas and feedback, We'll get there together :)

DOWNLOAD REVISED FILES HERE

I just transfered one of my characters to g8 using your method, and it worked excellently!  Thank you so much!  G3 is on the left, g8 on the right, both using the same g3 skin, hair, and outfit

Ava G3F and G8F comparison sfw.jpg
    1920 x 3414 - 3M
    Post edited by dragotx on
  • Redz said:
    lululee1 said:

Hi,

Please help.

Cheerio

lululee

Custom is fine, you just need to have selected Daz to make sure the scale is correct. 

If you chnage a setting you are no longer using the preset, so it says "Custom". that doesn't invalidate the settings you didn't change. If you use a particular "custom" combination frequently you can add it as a new preset by clicking the button next to the selector.

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

Hopefully in the next few UD of DS this will be incorporated so the process is more automated for ppl like me who have no clue what y'all are doing! crying

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,118
    Llynara said:

Here's Ceridwen. She came out perfectly. Maybe I goofed up something with Anneka, not sure. Very happy with how these are transferring over! 

Your images are stunning. I haven't tried the tutorial yet, but results in this thread have me pretty excited about it.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,672
    edited June 2017
    Thorne said:

We are in the process of converting all our original Genesis 3 morph resource kits to Genesis 8, including the hard to transfer bits like the eyes and lashes  These work on Genesis 8 directly and are set up in separate folders in the same way as the G3 versions. The original Genesis 3 versions were merchant resources for Genesis 3 only, but we will be offering the Genesis 8 versions soon in the store as merchant resources with major discounts for those who already have the Genesis 3 versions. wink

Beauty mate @Thorne! Please make it an escalating discount where the percentage is multiplied the more you have (like the V8 orange banner Victoria Pro Bundle escalating discounts). I own ALL of your morph kits for G3F & M, and I do not relish the prospect of repurchasing them, even at a percentage.

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    barbult said:
    Llynara said:

Here's Ceridwen. She came out perfectly. Maybe I goofed up something with Anneka, not sure. Very happy with how these are transferring over! 

Your images are stunning. I haven't tried the tutorial yet, but results in this thread have me pretty excited about it.

Aww, thank you! I'm having a lot of fun, and can't wait to see what you do with Gen 8! 

• ThorneThorne Posts: 169
    xyer0 said:
    Thorne said:

Beauty mate @Thorne! Please make it an escalating discount where the percentage is multiplied the more you have (like the V8 orange banner Victoria Pro Bundle escalating discounts). I own ALL of your morph kits for G3F & M, and I do not relish the prospect of repurchasing them, even at a percentage.

I'll talk to marketing, sounds like a good idea :)

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,672
    Thorne said:
    xyer0 said:
    Thorne said:

Thank you so very much. And thanks for all the cuties over the years.

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Hey Redz -

I tried your tutorial and it worked.  Thanks! 

Is it possible to transfer a partial morph?  I.e., the head only, or maybe an elf ear or vampire fangs?  I tried your tutorial with the head morph for G3F Sushmita, and when I dialed the morph, I noticed that the body shape changed - I assume to G3... base? 

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959
    edited June 2017
    sapat said:

Hopefully in the next few UD of DS this will be incorporated so the process is more automated for ppl like me who have no clue what y'all are doing! crying

I was intimidated at first but I downloaded Redz tutorial and it's beyond simple to do.  I spent the whole day converting characters.  The only thing though is it's wasn't until after I converted the characters over that I found that some of them yield very bizarre effects when posing.  Most of DM's poses do nicely but one squatting pose was so horrible, it actually scared me (bulging eyes, weird teeth, fingers that became elongated and wrapped around the figure). Some characters hands become completely distorted, but I can't seem to find a rhyme or reason for the hit and miss.  But on the whole, this will allow me to play with Genesis 8. Like most of us, I have made a tremendous investment this past year on G3 so I'm not ready to start on a spending spree just yet.

Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on
  • dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    edited June 2017
    dracorn said:

Hey Redz -

I tried your tutorial and it worked.  Thanks! 

Is it possible to transfer a partial morph?  I.e., the head only, or maybe an elf ear or vampire fangs?  I tried your tutorial with the head morph for G3F Sushmita, and when I dialed the morph, I noticed that the body shape changed - I assume to G3... base? 

I answered my own question.  I dialed up Vicki 8's body only.  So this would work with any G8 body or other transferred body only morph.  Here's the comparison, with Vicki 8 on the left, and G8F with Shushmita's face (G3F) and Vicki 8's body on the right.

01 G8 Shushmita Head (Rt).png
    600 x 600 - 198K
    Post edited by dracorn on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,734
    Thorne said:
    xyer0 said:
    Thorne said:

Yes! That would be amazing! I own all your morphs for every character! 

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

G8, in response to critics who feel that she looks too old! :)

Dawww So cute! Nice work!

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,734
    edited June 2017

So now I'm happy with G8 (finally!) I made my own G3 character and transferred it to G8 using Sickleyield's method and am using it as my main base character instead of G8 or V8 and found that if I change the skin and play with just the free morphs, expressions and visemes, I can do a lot with it!

First image is a generically pretty G3 character I created wearing Georgia skin. Second is the transferred character still with Georgia skin, but when I played with morphs, she looks drastically different, more girl next door. Next is same character with Sparkle skin and here she's a blonde bombshell. Then with Neive skin for a more mysterious look. I'm happy now, feel like I made my own V8 that I like better than the original. And this is all just the base G8, haven't even purchased the morphs yet! 

Caitlyn Georgia CU.png
    700 x 700 - 1011K
    Aubrey CU Test 1.png
    700 x 700 - 857K
    IMG_4061.JPG
    1200 x 1200 - 245K
    G8 Aubrey Actual Hair Morgane Clothes.png
    1200 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Wonderland on
    gaiago57 said:

Hi, I tried the method from Redz and it work, but I have a lot of problems with poses. For example, if I move "Eyes Up / Down", the eyes will go inside or outside the head and that's scary frown, or if I change the "bend" of the arm, the shoulder will be completely distorted. Did I do something wrong 

It sounds like your rigging is off. Select your figure then go to the Scene tab. Click on the little box in the upper left of that tab and select Edit >> Rigging >> Adjust Rigging To Shape. Go to the bottom of that tab and make sure you check mark all three options including "Adjust Orientation". 

I hope that helps. :)

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

V8 with a little Raiya's Sapphire, Monique 7 and Ophelia plus a few dial spins ;). The skin is Lydia's that I tanned slightly. LOVE those clothes by OOT. So nice :).

Laurie

Vic-8-Cami.jpg
    1081 x 1500 - 349K
    AllenArt said:

V8 with a little Raiya's Sapphire, Monique 7 and Ophelia plus a few dial spins ;). The skin is Lydia's that I tanned slightly. LOVE those clothes by OOT. So nice :).

Laurie

Oh wow - that's fantastic! It came out so life like! :D Lovely!

So now I'm happy with G8 (finally!) I made my own G3 character and transferred it to G8 using Sickleyield's method and am using it as my main base character instead of G8 or V8 and found that if I change the skin and play with just the free morphs, expressions and visemes, I can do a lot with it!

First image is a generically pretty G3 character I created wearing Georgia skin. Second is the transferred character still with Georgia skin, but when I played with morphs, she looks drastically different, more girl next door. Next is same character with Sparkle skin and here she's a blonde bombshell. Then with Neive skin for a more mysterious look. I'm happy now, feel like I made my own V8 that I like better than the original. And this is all just the base G8, haven't even purchased the morphs yet! 

The freckled red head is the best! She looks amazing! Nicely done!

• How easy would it be to convert the G1 and G2? Bearing in mind I know nothing and wasn't very successful with Sickleyields' method :)

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited June 2017

The revised G8 Morph Transfers info is working beautifully. While I was deciding which character morph to create next, I thought I'd see what happened if I dialed in Cross-Figure. I got a very nice looking male, that's what happened.

Here is Anicinabe for G3F combined with Cross-Figure:

G8 Character Morph for Anicinabe & Cross-Figure

This is not a very thought out render, just a quick attempt to showcase the morph. The skin is also Anicinabe for G3F. I used Brow Remover to get rid of the feminine brows, and it works just fine with G8F using the G3F mask, and I added the more masculine brows in Skin Builder 3. I did have to load the skin onto a G3F to use SB3, then copied the modified image files back to G8.

Post edited by L'Adair on

How easy would it be to convert the G1 and G2? Bearing in mind I know nothing and wasn't very successful with Sickleyields' method :)

I think you'd pretty much need the GenX products for that. That's what I used. Transfered my fav G2 characters to G3 via GenX, then transfered the G3 characters to G8 via Redz morph transfer tutorial.

edited June 2017
    L'Adair said:

The revised G8 Morph Transfers info is working beautifully. While I was deciding which character morph to create next, I thought I'd see what happened if I dialed in Cross-Figure. I got a very nice looking male, that's what happened.

Here is Anicinabe for G3F combined with Cross-Figure:

G8 Character Morph for Anicinabe & Cross-Figure

This is not a very thought out render, just a quick attempt to showcase the morph. The skin is also Anicinabe for G3F. I used Brow Remover to get rid of the feminine brows, and it works just fine with G8F using the G3F mask, and I added the more masculine brows in Skin Builder 3. I did have to load the skin onto a G3F to use SB3, then copied the modified image files back to G8.

He turned out nicely! I really like his boyish but handsome face! :D

I played around with the G2M and G3M clones that came with Genesis 8 Female. I ended up using the Genesis 2 Male clone to turn Genesis 8 Female in a "Genesis 8 Male":

I like how he turned out. Though he looks a little evil. lol I'm going to need to tweak his brows a bit to get him looking a little less sinister. 

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • How easy would it be to convert the G1 and G2? Bearing in mind I know nothing and wasn't very successful with Sickleyields' method :)

I think you'd pretty much need the GenX products for that. That's what I used. Transfered my fav G2 characters to G3 via GenX, then transfered the G3 characters to G8 via Redz morph transfer tutorial.

Urgh...that's an expense I can't afford :(

These are great! I love the males people are creating. Hadn't had a chance to get to that yet, but it's on my list. Very cool! 

Octavia- there are ways to do that but I have no idea how involved it is. I use GenX2. I know Kattey has a thread on it, which has been linked to in this thread several times. Sickleyield also has a bunch of tutorials on how to do this on her Deviant Art page (links are also here, a couple pages back.)

Aha! I knew you'd like it once you started playing with it. wink 

• bu_es_d66e03e3c8bu_es_d66e03e3c8 Posts: 19
    edited June 2017

Hello Guys I am trying to pass a G3F to G8F. As the tutorial says but in the second part of the tutorial is when everything is spoiled.

When I do the rinnging to shape the bones are not placed well. I suppose it is because of some previous fault that I committed but I do not know which one.

[IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/1z3winl.png[/IMG]

Thanks for advance

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • That look as if the alignment is not adjusting - were you working on Geensis 8 Female, and what options do you have in Adjust Rigging to Shape?