Morphs from G3 to G8

missuskissesmissuskisses Posts: 918
edited February 2018 in The Commons

Edited to add link to Singular Blues's helpful post: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2707576/#Comment_2707576 (can check out links in Blues's signature as well)

Feb. 5, 2018 prototype script: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3309101/#Comment_3309101

Second edit to note that following Sickleyield's tutorial below (since updated) should work to convert FaceGen morphs.

It's going to be a pain without GenX, but SickleYield's tutorial still seems to work from G3 to G8 with the Transfer Utility (http://sickleyield.deviantart.com/journal/Tutorial-Transferring-Character-Morphs-G1G2G3-409437916), at least with V7. Just substitute G2 to G3 instructions with G3 to G8.

(Renders: Left side is G3 with V7 mats and V7 morph (not HD) dialed in, Right side is G8 with V7 mats and V7 morph (not HD) dialed in.)

Post edited by missuskisses on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited June 2017

I removed this as later suggested methods are better and it was causing confusion 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    th3Digit said:

I just did my OC JaguarElla this way

well for a start

pose her right thigh bend 6 left tthigh bend -6 right shoulder bend 45 left  shoulder bemd -45

dial up the hidden G3F clone

set her to base resolution

convert to prop

use Transfer utility to fit her to G3F

pose G3F the opposite bends -6 right thigh 6 left thigh bend, -45 right shoulder 45 left shoulder

dial up your morph and hide G3F

export an obj

load Genesis 8

import as morph in morphloader

select it frrom parameters dial it up

do edit figure rigging adjust rigging to figure shape

in parameters click lined box pick tick edit mode

select morph right click and click ERC freeze

go to file save as support asset morph

expand actor to morphloader tick it name it and save it

click lined box edit mode

I read in another thread in a post that the Transfer Tool automatially takes into account the zeroed poses being an A Pose in Genesis 8 Female and a T Pose in Genesis 3 Female.

I discovered that my tranferring a FaceGene morph only (or so I thought) caused a belly button morph to get transfered and the legs and arms to be posed slightly differently. The arms & legs shifting was probably cause by the 'adjust rigging to shape' step of the tutorial.

I'll have to do the transfer morph again tomorrow with and without the adjust shape to rigging step and pay attention to the belly botton. I just want the FaceGen Morph(s) transferred and that's all. The teeth, mouth, and eyes I'll have to look more closely zoomed in at as different face geometries result from different shaped eye sockets, checkbones, jaws, and teeth....

edited June 2017
    th3Digit said:

I just did my OC JaguarElla this way

well for a start

pose her right thigh bend 6 left tthigh bend -6 right shoulder bend 45 left  shoulder bemd -45

dial up the hidden G3F clone

set her to base resolution

convert to prop

use Transfer utility to fit her to G3F

pose G3F the opposite bends -6 right thigh 6 left thigh bend, -45 right shoulder 45 left shoulder

dial up your morph and hide G3F

export an obj

load Genesis 8

import as morph in morphloader

select it frrom parameters dial it up

do edit figure rigging adjust rigging to figure shape

in parameters click lined box pick tick edit mode

select morph right click and click ERC freeze

go to file save as support asset morph

expand actor to morphloader tick it name it and save it

click lined box edit mode

I read in another thread in a post that the Transfer Tool automatially takes into account the zeroed poses being an A Pose in Genesis 8 Female and a T Pose in Genesis 3 Female.

I discovered that my tranferring a FaceGene morph only (or so I thought) caused a belly button morph to get transfered and the legs and arms to be posed slightly differently. The arms & legs shifting was probably cause by the 'adjust rigging to shape' step of the tutorial.

I'll have to do the transfer morph again tomorrow with and without the adjust shape to rigging step and pay attention to the belly botton. I just want the FaceGen Morph(s) transferred and that's all. The teeth, mouth, and eyes I'll have to look more closely zoomed in at as different face geometries result from different shaped eye sockets, checkbones, jaws, and teeth....

autofitting her as a figure rather that a prop that may work, was not sure that would so I made it a prop as we do not have Genesis 8 clone for Genesis 3F AFAIK

je121.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • WoolaWoola Posts: 27
    edited June 2017

Hmmm tried this and ended up with distorted arms transfering a body morph. Also at this point "pose her right thigh bend 6 left tthigh bend -6 right shoulder bend 45 left  shoulder bemd -45" Is that percentage or -6 or -0.6  or -0.06 ? That's another thing that's got me confused. 

Post edited by Woola on
  • RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited June 2017

yes

Post edited by Ruphuss on

Okay got fairly far but having issues with body morphs. The arms end up distorted, also can't find the bone tool with the bandaid that was mentioned in the deviantart tutorial.

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    edited June 2017

This is my alternative method, but I've found it better than the transfer utility for body morphs especially

Tutorial and helper scene/morphs included

Updated the tutorial file that (hopefully) sorts out those fingernail issues. Let me know how you get on with it. And huge thanks to everyone providing ideas and feedback, We'll get there together :)

DOWNLOAD REVISED FILES HERE

Post edited by Redz on

Thanks Redz! Having a look now :D

Redz said:

This is my alternative method, but I've found it better than the transfer utility for body morphs especially

DOWNLOAD HERE

This is working fantastic! Thanks :D

DOWNLOAD HERE

Redz said:

DOWNLOAD HERE

This is working fantastic! Thanks :D

Good to hear :) The tips of the fingernails sometimes come out a little distorted. Not sure that can be helped. 

This is a good method for the moment, we've only just got G8 after all. It's looking good though.

• TryhardTryhard Posts: 166
    edited June 2017

Has anyone figured out how to easily transfer old morphs like Aiko4 / Hiro 5 to Genesis 8? Would love to take advantage of the new Power Pose. It finally allows you to do those delicate eye corner adjustment to finally make anime eye socket look like anime. Not to mention it's really easy to make meme faces now.

Post edited by Tryhard on
  • missuskissesmissuskisses Posts: 918
    Redz said:

DOWNLOAD HERE

Very excited to try this out tonight!! Thanks.

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

thank you so much, Redz!  can't wait to try this out...

j

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,874

It works pretty well!
    There's a way to tranfer from Genesis 1?

• rono64rono64 Posts: 55

Thank Redz!

Got this working on the first try, now I can morph my G3 library!

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    edited June 2017

It's going to be a pain without GenX, but SickleYield's tutorial still seems to work from G3 to G8 with the Transfer Utility (http://sickleyield.deviantart.com/journal/Tutorial-Transferring-Character-Morphs-G1G2G3-409437916), at least with V7. Just substitute G2 to G3 instructions with G3 to G8.

(Renders: Left side is G3 with V7 mats and V7 morph (not HD) dialed in, Right side is G8 with V7 mats and V7 morph (not HD) dialed in.)

I'm following this tutorial to the letter, and it ALMOST works, except I end up with distorted arms and hands, like this:

Any idea what I could do to correct these?

morph_transfer_error.png
    1280 x 720 - 371K
    Post edited by Ati on

I may have mixed up left and right typing my workflow blush

rendering now cannot check,

I do such silly stuff

• tombraider4evertombraider4ever Posts: 657
    edited June 2017
    Redz said:

Redz said:

DOWNLOAD HERE

Thanks! smiley 

When I try to export and choose To: Daz Studio and uncheck 'Write Groups' the to changes to: "custom". If I choose to: Daz studio again the White Groups becomes checked again. Is it supposed to work like this or am I doing something wrong?

Post edited by tombraider4ever on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    edited June 2017

Hmmm tried this and ended up with distorted arms transfering a body morph. Also at this point "pose her right thigh bend 6 left tthigh bend -6 right shoulder bend 45 left  shoulder bemd -45" Is that percentage or -6 or -0.6  or -0.06 ? That's another thing that's got me confused. 

You shouldn't adjust the zero poses (A Pose & T Pose). The Transfer Utility automatically adjusts for them.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

You shouldn't adjust the zero poses (A Pose & T Pose). The Transfer Utility automatically adjusts for them.

yes it's probably better to follow the later tutorials than what I tried as I was totally new to Genesis 8 like everyone so did what I do for other mismatched figures.

Redz said:

Redz said:

DOWNLOAD HERE

Thanks! smiley 

When I try to export and choose To: Daz Studio and uncheck 'Write Groups' the to changes to: "custom". If I choose to: Daz studio again the White Groups becomes checked again. Is it supposed to work like this or am I doing something wrong?

No just leave it at custom after you've chose Daz and unchecked write groups. 

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    Redz said:

DOWNLOAD HERE

Awesome! Thanks so much :)

Laurie

• Redz said:
    Redz said:

Redz said:

DOWNLOAD HERE

Thanks! smiley 

Thanks for the reply! :) What does zero the figure mean?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188

It makes it perfectly center

edited June 2017
    Ati said:
    Ati said:

I'm following this tutorial to the letter, and it ALMOST works, except I end up with distorted arms and hands, like this:

Any idea what I could do to correct these?

I  think the provided G3F clone just isn't up to the job. If you're reasonably confident with the techniques and using the transfer utility as per Sickleyield's tutorial, a way to do this is to make a better clone of G3F, One way is to load the G8F_G3FMorphs.obj ( export it from my downloadable tutorial file ) onto G8F using morph loader pro. In the parameters choose your new morph and set path as hidden-clones and type as modifier/Clone. Save the morph and reopen Daz. Now when using the transfer utility as per Sickleyield's tutorial choose your new clone instead of the default one for G8F. I've found the transfer of body morphs much better, though a few extreme face morphs don't transfer well. 

Post edited by Redz on
    Redz said:
    Redz said:

Redz said:

DOWNLOAD HERE

Thanks! smiley 

Select G8F in the scene. Over on the parameters tab click the box with four lines and an arrow, and select Zero = Zero Figure. It just makes sure you're loading your morphs onto a clean, unmorphed G8F

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    Redz said:

DOWNLOAD HERE

I tried this method, and it works perfectly! THANK YOU! :)

Next question. ;) Will you also make a G8M version of this? angel

• This takes care of so many of my worries I don't even know how to start thanking you and the community. Just a question though, does this work on HD morphs like the vascularity sets?

• tombraider4evertombraider4ever Posts: 657
    edited June 2017
    Redz said:
    Redz said:
    Redz said:

Redz said:

DOWNLOAD HERE

Thanks! smiley 

Select G8F in the scene. Over on the parameters tab click the box with four lines and an arrow, and select Zero = Zero Figure. It just makes sure you're loading your morphs onto a clean, unmorphed G8F

Thank you so much for the tutorial and the replies! smiley I'm a beginner at Daz but I could easily follow the tutorial, I have succesfully transfered my Lara morph to G8, she seams to be in working order except for the distortion in the wrists as you can see in the render:

G3 on the left, G8 on the right

Is there a way to make the transfer without the distortion? 

Post edited by Chohole on