Victoria 8

Comments

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Ahhh F&*(%&%^

I didn't have $80 to spend, but I couldn't pass up getting the other pro sets free

• ok thanks guys i'm getting those morphs too and yes i'm including quaterly membership. thanks

jakiblue said:

Oh and welcome to the "I need that new shiny thing, but I'm tight on my budget so can't buy it...but I CAN eat baked beans for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the next two weeks, so I'll buy it anyway" club. :)

Thanks a lot guys i'm getting v8...anything else i should get? i'm tight on budget so won't spend again for few months so i want all essential things now to make  good characters...any other morphs i would need?

lmao i'm happy to join the club haha

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited June 2017

Lots of things to fix in this test render, but I wanted to show a few things as I'm playing with them. This is FWSA Elizabeth for V8 with the Bereft HD expression from the Gen 8 Expression pack and her mouth opened a bit (click on the pic and zoom in for more details.) Can't remember which kneeling pose this is, but I had to tweak it. I didn't want it to look sexy. Her knee is floating above the floor at the moment. Oh well. Dante needs to be sinking into the floor more, but that was the only passed out/deadish pose I could find at the moment, LOL. 

I also wanted to show the Morning Star Wings again in a different texture and pose. By the way, they are for G3F as well. Quite a few things in the bundle are for G3F, so take a close look at product descriptions. 

This dress is Callidora for G2F (from the Olympia 6 bundle.) I'm tempted to try VWD on it, I just don't like how it fits at the moment. Smoothing is enabled by default, but I haven't converted to SubD, added Uber or done anything fancy here. This is just the default. That's Feather Hair for V4. I told autofit it was for Genesis and it fits well enough. Will test some more V4 and V3 hairs and see how they do.

Older clothing- I'm guessing it may be a two step process to get Generation 3 and 4 clothes onto V8- fitting to V7 with Wear Them All, and then to V8. We'll see. 

V8_Elizabeth1.png
    1500 x 1200 - 3M
    Post edited by Llynara on
  • BlantyrBlantyr Posts: 90
    ghosty12 said:

You need to set it to base res, not subD 0. That can sometimes cause mismatch errors. Also, if scluptris adds subD... 

As I said in my post I had set the resolution to base and no it does not work I get a Geometry Mismatch error..  Looks like it is no longer possible to make morphs with Sculptris..

Strange, though You can use it with zbrush, I would get Zbrush core if I were you as it's only a fraction of the cost of the full Zbrush!

Blantyr said:

You can load UV skins from Genesis 3 into Genesis 8, but the don't come over true.  To the left, G8 loaded with Lorin's skin, to the right a pure Genesis 3 Lorin.  I liked this skin for its pinkish tone, but they seem to trying to ruin old skins.

Actually, this is a shader issue and not a UV as V8 uses specific shaders not present in V7's Try loading V8's shaders over V7's while pressing Ctrl and check the ignore texture option.

Could you be more explicit about how to load a shader?  I can certainly change skins and stuff from any character's entry, but I'm not sure how to change a shader?

• GafftheHorseGafftheHorse Posts: 567
    ThatGuy said:

Also keeping it as Genesis 4 will get it confused with Generation 4 since most refer to Genesis products as G#.

Not a big fan of how Victoria 8 looks.  She looks a lot like Lilith 7 and really either looks like a tranny or just looks too old - of course this is just MY opinion.  I might just stick to the Genesis 3 gals for a while.

Interesting take - she looks quite good IMO - but then my favourite G3F is Opal and Lilith 7 is one of the few G3s not on my wishlist currently.

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662
    edited March 2019

Post edited by HorusRa on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    JazzyBear said:

Alien fingers! Both male clones do this.

Where do you find the male clones? I'm looking through everything and not finding anything. 

Thanks!

Jason

With G8 highlighted, go under "Parameters" and scroll down until you see the red sliders. It's the 5th slider down "Genesis 3 Male".

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,602
    JazzyBear said:

Look in Account > Messages > Exclusive Offer

Vic 8 discount is SUPER BAD!! How can marketing team though about it? Free Vic 5 6 &7???  WTF, those who can/want/do buy Vic 8 already HAVE vic 5 6 & 7 !!! ALL of THEM.

Did you get something here are are you just winding us up? I've got nothing here!

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,259
    edited June 2017
    DSDT said:

This is the ugliest Victoria yet, she seems to get less femine and more masculine with each version. And some of the promos are downright creepy looking. This is an easy pass. I'll be saving a lot money this year.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... I didn't purchase her, but the promos are looking quite nice. A bit like Lilith 7. The only thing I really dislike is the 'Joker' mouth in certain expressions (smiles); it looks like Leo and one or two other G3 figures. 

Edit: I found the base V4 ugly; with her painted-on hair and her long toes she looked almost like a monkey. But with the right morphs and textures she was so beautiful!

Post edited by caravelle on
    edited March 2019

erostew said:

Just gonna pass at this point I think.

New unattractive Victoria to spend more money on? That's a no.

Buy the head and body morphs and expressions seperately yet again? Also no.

Spend a bunch of money in the middle of the month when payday is a couple of weeks away? Big NO.

Buy that stuff at the end of the month when I have money because Daz will keep the discount on it for that long? Never gonna happen.

Keep paying for PC membership even though almost all the free "gifts" are props I don't want just in case they might actually get a sudden generous impulser? Daz can bite me!

Do I sound bitter? Maybe it's because I spent the last couple of months buying Merchant Resources for Genesis 3 and my project for that is now dead aand moldering in an unmarked grave.

On the bright side It looks like I'll be saving a lot of money in the next few years. Guess I need to find a new hobby.

I'm sorry - but I'm still buying V4 charas at this point too - and it someone brought out an interesting enough Gen4, Genesis or G2 I would buy it. No reason to think an item is unsellable from a cutomers perspective, just because there's a newer model out that supersedes it. Generation 4s have their advantages of the more resource intensive more recent models, and Genesis has it's unique qualities. I think it's a pity there aren't many new characters based on them.

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,602

There is no mention of "anatomical elements" in the pro bundle description. It used to be the tradition that they were included in all adult age pro bundles. Is that not the case anymore or are Daz now too timid to say they are included.

• HorusRa said:

ok thanks guys i'm getting those morphs too and yes i'm including quaterly membership. thanks

I don't know if you made a typo or not but if you didn't, get the Platinum Membership before you make your purchases. You mention you are "including quarterly membership."

i added membership in cart with v8, body and face morph...it's showing discount on v8 when membership is included.

Should i first get membership then? will it discount on morphs too? i'm confused

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • FastKattFastKatt Posts: 23

I'm an addict... must buy... ugh... crying

edited March 2019

• FastKattFastKatt Posts: 23
    edited June 2017

There is no mention of "anatomical elements" in the pro bundle description. It used to be the tradition that they were included in all adult age pro bundles. Is that not the case anymore or are Daz now too timid to say they are included.

They are included in the Pro bundle.

Post edited by FastKatt on
  • ZyloxZylox Posts: 787
    edited June 2017
    HorusRa said:

ok thanks guys i'm getting those morphs too and yes i'm including quaterly membership. thanks

I don't know if you made a typo or not but if you didn't, get the Platinum Membership before you make your purchases. You mention you are "including quarterly membership."

i added membership in cart with v8, body and face morph...it's showing discount on v8 when membership is included.

Should i first get membership then? will it discount on morphs too? i'm confused

yes, buy the membership first.

After that, buy the V8 bundle, make sure you have the V5, V6, and V7 bundles in the cart and they are free when you buy V8.

Third purchase should be the morphs and expressions. Make sure you use the DAZ Original coupon code on this order for another $6 off.

Edit: yes, the morphs will get an additional 30% off, for a total of 51%, because they are also DAZ Originals. Don't use the coupon with the V8 order, because the coupons get messed up when they are used on orders that include free items.

Post edited by Zylox on
  •  

Zylox said:

yes, buy the membership first.

After that, buy the V8 bundle, make sure you have the V5, V6, and V7 bundles in the cart and they are free when you buy V8.

Third purchase should be the morphs and expressions. Make sure you use the DAZ Original coupon code on this order for another $6 off.

Edit: yes, the morphs will get an additional 30% off, for a total of 51%, because they are also DAZ Originals. Don't use the coupon with the V8 order, because the coupons get messed up when they are used on orders that include free items.

ok thanks a lot bro

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited June 2017

Cayman Legacy UV's

Tried a couple of different ways to get the Cayman UV sets working with G8F. I didn't expect much, but since G8 can use G3 UV's, thought it might be possible. I tried refitting the legacy stuff from G3F to G8F and got weird results. Also tried saving G3F legacy UV skin as a material preset and applying, that didn't work either. Hoping Cayman has some updates soon. I love his products and the ability to use skins from other generations. Right now, I've got plenty of G3F skins, but would love to be able to use some of the others, especially MDD's unusual skins for V4. Those and the ability to use older morphs are my two biggest requests. Everything else looks pretty good.

Cayman UVs on G8.JPG
    1898 x 912 - 242K
    G8F Cayman.png
    1500 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Llynara on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited June 2017
    jakiblue said:

Definitely without a doubt, get the Platinum Club membership. Go for the quarterly to start with as it's a bit less expensive than the yearly, but you'll be stoked when you see prices on stuff. You'll get extra discounts on the DAZ Originals, the weekly PC items are under $5 and you'll get two coupons each month - one to spend $6 on DO's, and one to get $6 off a total of $18 for PA stuff and DO's. 

If you've already done that, get the Head Morphs and the Body Morphs for Genesis 8 female (which is free in your DAZ Studio). Genesis 8 Female base is hopeless without them. 

Oh and welcome to the "I need that new shiny thing, but I'm tight on my budget so can't buy it...but I CAN eat baked beans for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the next two weeks, so I'll buy it anyway" club. :)

Thanks a lot guys i'm getting v8...anything else i should get? i'm tight on budget so won't spend again for few months so i want all essential things now to make  good characters...any other morphs i would need?

jakiblue...

I resent your implication that I must eat only baked beans. I will have you know I have over 40 ways to make ramen noodles for 3 meals a day too. :)

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    RKane_1 said:
    jakiblue said:

Definitely without a doubt, get the Platinum Club membership. Go for the quarterly to start with as it's a bit less expensive than the yearly, but you'll be stoked when you see prices on stuff. You'll get extra discounts on the DAZ Originals, the weekly PC items are under $5 and you'll get two coupons each month - one to spend $6 on DO's, and one to get $6 off a total of $18 for PA stuff and DO's. 

If you've already done that, get the Head Morphs and the Body Morphs for Genesis 8 female (which is free in your DAZ Studio). Genesis 8 Female base is hopeless without them. 

jakiblue...

I resent your implication thayt I must eat only baked beans. I will have you know I have over 40 ways to make raman noodles for 43 meals a day too. :)

noodles are empty calories 

baked beans have fiber and lower your cholesterol are heart healthy heart and they have the added bonus of much fart power!!!

• Panzer EmeraldPanzer Emerald Posts: 725
    edited June 2017

I really like that G8F has an export for a base resolution OBJ. I popped it into Marvelous Designer, and it's a dream to work with; a lot smoother than previous versions. Hell, I might actually create my own assets for it, once I learn MD6.5 even more, lmao. (Now to wait and see if someone makes the Arrangement Points for G8F....)

I'm still heartsick that we won't be getting a GenX2 for G8. That was the one thing that got me to adopt Genesis 3, and sadly, its creator is no longer with us. :(

At the very least, I hope someone makes a better 'Wear Them All' utility, because as it is right now, the auto-fit options are pretty pathetic and limited. 

Post edited by Panzer Emerald on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

Really wish I hadn't blown all that money a month ago moving to Genesis 3.

sigh

Itll be fun moving to Genesis 4 in two years just before Genesis 5 drops.

• tombraider4evertombraider4ever Posts: 657
    edited June 2017
    th3Digit said:
    th3Digit said:
    Llynara said:

Thanks for the replies! :) About my other question, is it possible to transfer a character morph for Genesis 3 to Genesis 8?

I'm not seeing an easy way to bring them over. Trying to load a morph definitely doesn't work and they don't show up in the shaping sliders. Perhaps the changes are too big for that to be doable. There might be a way to use the morph transfer utility to do that. Haven't explored it yet. With the recent passing of the GenX2 creator, it might be a while before we can get the morphs over to V8, not sure. 

I still think there's plenty of life left in Genesis 3. V8 just opens some new possibilities. We probably won't see a M8 till late fall if it follows the release pattern so far. 

I brought my OC JaguarElla over to G3F before GenX covered her by conforming a base figure mesh to the morphed figure to create a clone morph obj so it is doable just a lot of hiding exporting and importing mesh and doing ERC freezes and stuffs.

That sounds very difficult, I'm a beginner at Daz so I would need detailed tutorial blush to do something like that. Genx is it a program to transfer morphs?  If so: is there a genx for transfer morphs from genesis 3 female to genesis 2 female? I have some genesis 2 clothes that don't autofit so well to genesis 3.

GenX indeed transfers morphs between generations but it's creator recently died so an update unlikely unless he partnered with someone.

So unsure where we stand wirh someone creating a way to do it in a commercial automated script.

They would need to write it from scratch not borrowing his unless next of kin gave permission.

DAZ on the otherhand could inbuild the ability into DAZ studio  as they own the meshes rather than a plugin but whether they have a vested interest in making older products more recyclable is debatable.

Thanks for the reply!  smiley

I hope that someone will make a transfer script/program soon, or that Daz makes it possible to transfer morphs in a future update.

Post edited by tombraider4ever on
    th3Digit said:
    RKane_1 said:
    jakiblue said:

jakiblue...

I resent your implication thayt I must eat only baked beans. I will have you know I have over 40 ways to make raman noodles for 43 meals a day too. :)

baked beans have fiber and lower your cholesterol are heart healthy heart and they have the added bonus of much fart power!!!

Now that you mention it, I'm actually surprised no one has thought of adding baked beans to the options of dirt, wounds and wet body layers....

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited June 2017
    th3Digit said:
    th3Digit said:
    Llynara said:

Thanks for the replies! :) About my other question, is it possible to transfer a character morph for Genesis 3 to Genesis 8?

I'm not seeing an easy way to bring them over. Trying to load a morph definitely doesn't work and they don't show up in the shaping sliders. Perhaps the changes are too big for that to be doable. There might be a way to use the morph transfer utility to do that. Haven't explored it yet. With the recent passing of the GenX2 creator, it might be a while before we can get the morphs over to V8, not sure. 

I still think there's plenty of life left in Genesis 3. V8 just opens some new possibilities. We probably won't see a M8 till late fall if it follows the release pattern so far. 

I brought my OC JaguarElla over to G3F before GenX covered her by conforming a base figure mesh to the morphed figure to create a clone morph obj so it is doable just a lot of hiding exporting and importing mesh and doing ERC freezes and stuffs.

That sounds very difficult, I'm a beginner at Daz so I would need detailed tutorial blush to do something like that. Genx is it a program to transfer morphs?  If so: is there a genx for transfer morphs from genesis 3 female to genesis 2 female? I have some genesis 2 clothes that don't autofit so well to genesis 3.

GenX indeed transfers morphs between generations but it's creator recently died so an update unlikely unless he partnered with someone.

So unsure where we stand wirh someone creating a way to do it in a commercial automated script.

They would need to write it from scratch not borrowing his unless next of kin gave permission.

DAZ on the otherhand could inbuild the ability into DAZ studio  as they own the meshes rather than a plugin but whether they have a vested interest in making older products more recyclable is debatable.

Thanks for the reply!  smiley

I hope that someone will make a transfer script/program soon, or that Daz makes it possible to transfer morphs in a future update.

You would have to do it the old fashion way using the Transfer Tool and the G3 clone in G8. It's not difficult, however the problem would be the eyes. Though an update DS allows you to undo parts of a morph. I don't have the links since I'm in the office and not at home, but that should get you going in the right direction should a update to GenX not appear. There is a thread to manually copy morphs without GenX, so that may need to be revisited.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,259

I didn't read all posts here, but I discovered a very nice new feature for G8: Separate morphs for upper and lower lashes. Yay! Finally! laugh

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    caravelle said:

I didn't read all posts here, but I discovered a very nice new feature for G8: Separate morphs for upper and lower lashes. Yay! Finally! laugh

I believe eyelashes are conforming now

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    th3Digit said:
    RKane_1 said:
    jakiblue said:

jakiblue...

Now that you mention it, I'm actually surprised no one has thought of adding baked beans to the options of dirt, wounds and wet body layers....

You.... are a sick, sick man.

I like you already. :)