Victoria 8

Comments

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    th3Digit said:
    RKane_1 said:
    jakiblue said:

Definitely without a doubt, get the Platinum Club membership. Go for the quarterly to start with as it's a bit less expensive than the yearly, but you'll be stoked when you see prices on stuff. You'll get extra discounts on the DAZ Originals, the weekly PC items are under $5 and you'll get two coupons each month - one to spend $6 on DO's, and one to get $6 off a total of $18 for PA stuff and DO's. 

If you've already done that, get the Head Morphs and the Body Morphs for Genesis 8 female (which is free in your DAZ Studio). Genesis 8 Female base is hopeless without them. 

Oh and welcome to the "I need that new shiny thing, but I'm tight on my budget so can't buy it...but I CAN eat baked beans for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the next two weeks, so I'll buy it anyway" club. :)

Thanks a lot guys i'm getting v8...anything else i should get? i'm tight on budget so won't spend again for few months so i want all essential things now to make  good characters...any other morphs i would need?

jakiblue...

I resent your implication thayt I must eat only baked beans. I will have you know I have over 40 ways to make raman noodles for 43 meals a day too. :)

noodles are empty calories 

baked beans have fiber and lower your cholesterol are heart healthy heart and they have the added bonus of much fart power!!!

The added bonus of jet assist and anti-personell field can indeed come in handy. :).

edited June 2017
    th3Digit said:
    th3Digit said:
    Llynara said:

Thanks for the replies! :) About my other question, is it possible to transfer a character morph for Genesis 3 to Genesis 8?

I'm not seeing an easy way to bring them over. Trying to load a morph definitely doesn't work and they don't show up in the shaping sliders. Perhaps the changes are too big for that to be doable. There might be a way to use the morph transfer utility to do that. Haven't explored it yet. With the recent passing of the GenX2 creator, it might be a while before we can get the morphs over to V8, not sure. 

I still think there's plenty of life left in Genesis 3. V8 just opens some new possibilities. We probably won't see a M8 till late fall if it follows the release pattern so far. 

I brought my OC JaguarElla over to G3F before GenX covered her by conforming a base figure mesh to the morphed figure to create a clone morph obj so it is doable just a lot of hiding exporting and importing mesh and doing ERC freezes and stuffs.

That sounds very difficult, I'm a beginner at Daz so I would need detailed tutorial blush to do something like that. Genx is it a program to transfer morphs?  If so: is there a genx for transfer morphs from genesis 3 female to genesis 2 female? I have some genesis 2 clothes that don't autofit so well to genesis 3.

GenX indeed transfers morphs between generations but it's creator recently died so an update unlikely unless he partnered with someone.

So unsure where we stand wirh someone creating a way to do it in a commercial automated script.

They would need to write it from scratch not borrowing his unless next of kin gave permission.

DAZ on the otherhand could inbuild the ability into DAZ studio  as they own the meshes rather than a plugin but whether they have a vested interest in making older products more recyclable is debatable.

Thanks for the reply!  smiley

I hope that someone will make a transfer script/program soon, or that Daz makes it possible to transfer morphs in a future update.

You would have to do it the old fashion way using the Transfer Tool and the G3 clone in G8. It's not difficult, however the problem would be the eyes. Though an update DS allows you to undo parts of a morph. I don't have the links since I'm in the office and not at home, but that should get you going in the right direction should a update to GenX not appear. There is a thread to manually copy morphs without GenX, so that may need to be revisited.

Male-M3dia? If you can find those links, I would GREATLY appreciate them, sir. :)

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • th3Digit said:
    th3Digit said:
    Llynara said:

Thanks for the replies! :) About my other question, is it possible to transfer a character morph for Genesis 3 to Genesis 8?

I'm not seeing an easy way to bring them over. Trying to load a morph definitely doesn't work and they don't show up in the shaping sliders. Perhaps the changes are too big for that to be doable. There might be a way to use the morph transfer utility to do that. Haven't explored it yet. With the recent passing of the GenX2 creator, it might be a while before we can get the morphs over to V8, not sure. 

I still think there's plenty of life left in Genesis 3. V8 just opens some new possibilities. We probably won't see a M8 till late fall if it follows the release pattern so far. 

I brought my OC JaguarElla over to G3F before GenX covered her by conforming a base figure mesh to the morphed figure to create a clone morph obj so it is doable just a lot of hiding exporting and importing mesh and doing ERC freezes and stuffs.

That sounds very difficult, I'm a beginner at Daz so I would need detailed tutorial blush to do something like that. Genx is it a program to transfer morphs?  If so: is there a genx for transfer morphs from genesis 3 female to genesis 2 female? I have some genesis 2 clothes that don't autofit so well to genesis 3.

GenX indeed transfers morphs between generations but it's creator recently died so an update unlikely unless he partnered with someone.

So unsure where we stand wirh someone creating a way to do it in a commercial automated script.

They would need to write it from scratch not borrowing his unless next of kin gave permission.

DAZ on the otherhand could inbuild the ability into DAZ studio  as they own the meshes rather than a plugin but whether they have a vested interest in making older products more recyclable is debatable.

I hope that someone will make a transfer script/program soon, or that Daz makes it possible to transfer morphs in a future update.

You would have to do it the old fashion way using the Transfer Tool and the G3 clone in G8. It's not difficult, however the problem would be the eyes. Though an update DS allows you to undo parts of a morph. I don't have the links since I'm in the office and not at home, but that should get you going in the right direction should a update to GenX not appear. There is a thread to manually copy morphs without GenX, so that may need to be revisited.

Thanks for the reply! :) What's the transfer tool?  

• BlantyrBlantyr Posts: 90

I think this will help

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/new_features/start

under Render Engine Updates

Blantyr said:

You can load UV skins from Genesis 3 into Genesis 8, but the don't come over true.  To the left, G8 loaded with Lorin's skin, to the right a pure Genesis 3 Lorin.  I liked this skin for its pinkish tone, but they seem to trying to ruin old skins.

So the new version of Daz messes up the old skins?

I found that it does help.  It isn't perfect in my side by side comparison test.  I keep tweaking the SSS Reflectance Tint trying to get identical to the original.  Identical might be a high bar.  Reasonably close might be achievable with sufficient trial and error.

th3Digit said:
    th3Digit said:
    Llynara said:

I believe he is talking bout the morph transfer tool but that would be REALLY tedious to do each one but if you REALLY wanted the morph and had the time...

• Twilight76Twilight76 Posts: 318
    edited June 2017

Love the new Victoria so far.

The Expressions are ar lot better than before.

Post edited by Twilight76 on
  • I'd love to jump on the V8 bandwagon but really can't justify the cost right now. Can't justify the cost of getting a bunch of new Genesis 8 stuff either but I'll probably break down and get some anyway sooner or later.

• boisselazonboisselazon Posts: 458
    edited June 2017

I don't know for you but for me HAIRS are zillons generations behind! As good as V8 looks in several promos, hairs seem to having no improvments for ages. 

Post edited by boisselazon on
  • BlantyrBlantyr Posts: 90

G8 has got some good stuff, but right now I have enough skins and morphs for G3 that G8's got some expensive catching up to do.

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Zylox said:

yes, buy the membership first.

After that, buy the V8 bundle, make sure you have the V5, V6, and V7 bundles in the cart and they are free when you buy V8.

Third purchase should be the morphs and expressions. Make sure you use the DAZ Original coupon code on this order for another $6 off.

Edit: yes, the morphs will get an additional 30% off, for a total of 51%, because they are also DAZ Originals. Don't use the coupon with the V8 order, because the coupons get messed up when they are used on orders that include free items.

ok thanks a lot bro

What I did is I put V8, V7 and V5 all in my cart with the PC membership

with just the victoria's my total was like $85

Once I added the PC+, my total was $83 :)

• RKane_1 said:
    th3Digit said:
    th3Digit said:
    Llynara said:

I believe he is talking bout the morph transfer tool but that would be REALLY tedious to do each one but if you REALLY wanted the morph and had the time...

Thanks! I googled morph transfer tool and found a description in the Documentation center, it sounds very complicated and difficult frown

• Don't forget V6!

Also I am a PC+ member and the price of the PRO bundle is around $66! So, IMO, you should purchase you membership by itself first.

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    caravelle said:

I didn't read all posts here, but I discovered a very nice new feature for G8: Separate morphs for upper and lower lashes. Yay! Finally! laugh

Thats kind of funny that they are just now getting back to it after abandoning it when they went from V4 to geneisis

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    Zylox said:

I loaded the Genesis MFD on both Genesis and Genesis 8. The morphs were available and worked in the parameters tab for both dresses. The one fitted to G8 also had the morphs available in the Shaping tab. The built in morphs were also available for the Shield Maiden tunic, MFD for G3F, and Time for School for G3F. I have no idea why the morphs did not show up for the previoous poster. Also, the shoes for Time for School looked good, with no distortion. Flat shoes may autofit better than heels? The alien fingers occur when you use the male clone to try and convert G8F into a G3Male, but not when you autofit G3M clothes to G8F. Anyway, from my testing, I have seen the following:

- Autofit works well on most Genesis, Genesis 2, and Genesis 3 clothes that I have. The built in morphs transfered and were available in the fitted clothes. There was minimal distortion in skirts and dresses around the pelvis, with no tears or triangles visible.

- Shorter hair that I autofitted worked well. I did not try longer hair styles.

- G3F textures worked perfectly on G8F.

- The shoulders are a lot better than in previous generations.

I have not looked closely to see how the auto muscle flexing works yet, but it sounds intrigueing. As far as people complaining that utilities, morphs, and geografts from past figures don't work on Genesis 8, that is pretty unfair since I don't think any genesis figures have been able to use prior generations utilities, morphs, or geografts out of the box. The fact that Zev0's skin builder should be compatible in the near future is actually pretty excitinng news.

The morphs DID show up when I autofitted the Marionette dress to V8, but the sliders did nada. So, they were there, just non-functional. I'm still bummed. Dunno what I'm gonna do with long coats and skirts if I can't adjust them. I have VWD...maybe I'll be taking a crash course in its dynamics LOL :P.

Laurie

• RKane_1 said:
    th3Digit said:
    th3Digit said:
    Llynara said:

Male-M3dia? If you can find those links, I would GREATLY appreciate them, sir. :)

The removing the eyes from a morph bit is doen by making the morph(s) Favourites, by clicking the heart icon on the slider, then using the Geometry Editor tool to select the eyes (click the + next to the bone names in Tool settings), right-click, Geometry Seelction>Convert Selection>Convert to Vertex seelction, and finally right-click, Morph Editing>Remove Selected from Favourites.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited June 2017

Here's Anneka's skin on G8F, and Sexy Sorceress for G3F. I think G8 handles the more unusual skins just fine, and you can't beat free.

If you're on a tight budget, you could grab the head morphs, body morphs and expressions and do a lot with just the base. Note: I didn't use any morphs here, just the "rage" expression from the G8 pack. I tried adapting a Lilith pose, but it's needs more tweaking.

• Problem: Anneka's eyes look strange when loaded, not sure which setting is causing it, something with the new version of the eyes.
    • Workaround: Load V8 or G8 eyes, then just replace the iris map with the one you want.

G8F-Anneka.jpg
    1284 x 1239 - 174K
    Post edited by Llynara on
  • Redz said:

The facial pose controls with V8 look Ah-may-zing! Argh, makes me want to get her. I'm so torn.

They do, but when I open power pose the interface doean't look like the video. What am I doing wrong? 

Make sure you are using 4.9.4.115, which is needed for Genesis 8 female anyway

• bryanll1bryanll1 Posts: 141

Use I

marble said:

So far, what I'm understanding from the responses here makes me less than inclined to bother with G8/V8.

1. Backward compatibility seems very limited. Clothing morphs don't work and shoes don't fit.

2. Exporting to create morphs appears to result in a broken figure.

3. 3rd Party G3F gens (3feetwolf's, specifically) don't work.

I'm guessing that things like Zev0's catalogue will be obsolte with G8. No glute/breast control, no Growing Up, no Aging, no vascularity, etc., etc.

I use everything you mention in your quote, so it looks like I'll be saving money and stickinh with G2 & G3.

• bryanll1bryanll1 Posts: 141

Use I

marble said:

So far, what I'm understanding from the responses here makes me less than inclined to bother with G8/V8.

1. Backward compatibility seems very limited. Clothing morphs don't work and shoes don't fit.

I'm guessing that things like Zev0's catalogue will be obsolte with G8. No glute/breast control, no Growing Up, no Aging, no vascularity, etc., etc.

I use everything you mention in your quote, so it looks like I'll be saving money and sticking with G2 & G3.

• I did some tests with G8 but not with the default shader - I used Juliette by Vykhtoria (available on the Renderosity store), a few hair props by Out of Touch (some problems with long hair) and some clothing from different vendors (one crash while auto-fitting). It did work but right now I'm not going to upgrade - I'm using a mix of V6 (my favorites) and V7 characters and can't justify shelling about $96 (Pro Bundle and a few other things - because I bought 3 Victoria's pro bundle I get an extra 30% discount).

• JazzyBear said:

Alien fingers! Both male clones do this.

A clone is for projection of a shape when converting, it isn't set up for use as a shape - and if you alter it 9by adjusting rigging to shape) you may break its primary role, not to mention that an update will overwrite the changes.

• Using a Genesis 3 pose on a Genesis 8 character seems to only work 75%. The arms pose look especially broken. But the rest of the body seems to do an ok job of posing.

Tested a few Genesis 3 hair props on Genesis 8 and those seem to have some geo problems where the is warped in some areas.

The diffrence in the zero pose will account for that - perhaps someone will create a converter script.

• marble said:

And do the movement/fitting morphs work when auto-fitted to G8? Whimsy, for example, has lots of them - that's why I bought it.

AutoFit has preserved morphs for a long time - what it won't preserve are controls that are driving custom bones.

• AllenArt said:
    Zylox said:

I loaded the Genesis MFD on both Genesis and Genesis 8. The morphs were available and worked in the parameters tab for both dresses. The one fitted to G8 also had the morphs available in the Shaping tab. The built in morphs were also available for the Shield Maiden tunic, MFD for G3F, and Time for School for G3F. I have no idea why the morphs did not show up for the previoous poster. Also, the shoes for Time for School looked good, with no distortion. Flat shoes may autofit better than heels? The alien fingers occur when you use the male clone to try and convert G8F into a G3Male, but not when you autofit G3M clothes to G8F. Anyway, from my testing, I have seen the following:

- Autofit works well on most Genesis, Genesis 2, and Genesis 3 clothes that I have. The built in morphs transfered and were available in the fitted clothes. There was minimal distortion in skirts and dresses around the pelvis, with no tears or triangles visible.

- Shorter hair that I autofitted worked well. I did not try longer hair styles.

- G3F textures worked perfectly on G8F.

- The shoulders are a lot better than in previous generations.

I have not looked closely to see how the auto muscle flexing works yet, but it sounds intrigueing. As far as people complaining that utilities, morphs, and geografts from past figures don't work on Genesis 8, that is pretty unfair since I don't think any genesis figures have been able to use prior generations utilities, morphs, or geografts out of the box. The fact that Zev0's skin builder should be compatible in the near future is actually pretty excitinng news.

The morphs DID show up when I autofitted the Marionette dress to V8, but the sliders did nada. So, they were there, just non-functional. I'm still bummed. Dunno what I'm gonna do with long coats and skirts if I can't adjust them. I have VWD...maybe I'll be taking a crash course in its dynamics LOL :P.

Laurie

That probably means they aren't morphs, they are driving bones in the skirt (which will be lost on conversion)

• i have few questions it'll be great if someone can answer them. 

I don't know much about rendering as i'm still learning...one guy mentioned to have good nvidia card for it...right now i have nvidia  gtx 1060 good or not?

And also what software you guys prefer when making a background?

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Don't forget V6!

Also I am a PC+ member and the price of the PRO bundle is around $66! So, IMO, you should purchase you membership by itself first.

I already had v6 pro so did not need to get that.

Buying the PC+ first, you need to add that $24 to your $66 for the v8, so you spent a total of $90 (not sure what discount there would be on PC+ but the total of the 2 purchases is still more than buying them all together. My PC+ was free, plus I got an additional $2 off v8)

• bryanll1 said:

Use I

marble said:

I use everything you mention in your quote, so it looks like I'll be saving money and stickinh with G2 & G3.

1. Clothes will AutoFit, though shoes (especially high-heels) have always been an issue. Morphs, as noted above, do come across - but not everything that looks like a morph is.

2. Exporting for morph creation is fine - as long as the eyelash/tear figure are not included. There's a script to handle this for you.

bryanll1 said:

Use I

marble said:

1. Clothes will AutoFit, though shoes (especially high-heels) have always been an issue. Morphs, as noted above, do come across - but not everything that looks like a morph is.

2. Exporting for morph creation is fine - as long as the eyelash/tear figure are not included. There's a script to handle this for you.

Mind making a tutorial to show us how to transfer morphs? :)

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

hey guys, i'm a new guy and just started using daz like 3-4 days ago. I want to know if i should get victoria 8 pro bundle or not. I made a thread and people recommened me to first get familiar with daz by working with free stuff before buying anything but i was still confused as many free stuff also require you to have morphs. So i just saw victoria 8 pro bundle and i read if i get victoria 8 pro bundle i will get victoria 5,6,7 pro bundle free and victoria 8 starter bundle and other things too for free. i think if i buy victoria 8 i won't need to buy again anytime soon.

So what i want to know is if i right now just learn about daz and buy victoria like a month later will it still include other bundles or not and if i even get victoria 8 pro bundle will i still require other stuff to buy or it would be enough for now. thanks

Please keep in mind that even though you will get V5, V6 and V7 pro bundles for free if you buy V8's Pro Bundle, you will ALSO need to have the head, body and (expression) morphs for Genesis 1, Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 as well or the Vickys might not work correctly. I'm not entirely certain about this, but I think you can have the base morphs without Vicky but not the other way around. Anyone?

Laurie

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501
    edited June 2017
    JazzyBear said:

Alien fingers! Both male clones do this.

A clone is for projection of a shape when converting, it isn't set up for use as a shape - and if you alter it 9by adjusting rigging to shape) you may break its primary role, not to mention that an update will overwrite the changes.

I've seen distored bodies in a few of the previous clones, but never fingers... is this a new thing moving forward?

If so, does that mean V4 heels can finally be fixed?

RKane_1 said:
    bryanll1 said:

Use I

marble said:

Mind making a tutorial to show us how to transfer morphs? :)

I'm rubbish with posting tutorials, but the short and simple is that you have to choose a clone for the source shape while the target has to be in the morphed shape.

I could be wrong though, since the clones aren't always 1:1, as evidenced above.

Post edited by mtl1 on