Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.9.4.122! (UPDATED)

Comments

• Items have to be in at least one category - try creating a Not Wanted on Journey category and add the unwanted items to that

• cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421
    edited June 2017

Items have to be in at least one category - try creating a Not Wanted on Journey category and add the unwanted items to that

some item have more than one category, by "region" "function" "body part" (see pic)
    i try to remove one, but he always come back 
    at last, what the use of "REMOVE FROM ALL CATEGORY" if it not work ! ??

smartcontant.jpg
    1230 x 462 - 100K
    Post edited by cm152335 on
  • MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    cm152335 said:

Items have to be in at least one category - try creating a Not Wanted on Journey category and add the unwanted items to that

some item have more than one category, by "region" "function" "body part" (see pic)
    i try to remove one, but he always come back 
    at last, what the use of "REMOVE FROM ALL CATEGORY" if it not work ! ??

In fact, this problem is present in the current release (4.9.3.166). It just was not fixed in the beta.

The workaround is edit the categories in Content DB editor and save the product's metadata overwriten the current one. After save you need delete the metadta and reimport to fix it. Very annoying.

• Where can I download Version 4.9.4.110!?

• cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421

MBusch said:

In fact, this problem is present in the current release (4.9.3.166). It just was not fixed in the beta.

The workaround is edit the categories in Content DB editor and save the product's metadata overwriten the current one. After save you need delete the metadta and reimport to fix it. Very annoying.

"Very annoying".,,, I agree, but it could be nice if is to be FIXED!

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845

Where can I download Version 4.9.4.110!?

You'll need to have Public Build checked on the Downloads tab (Settings) in DIM.

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143

May I ask where I can download this beta version?

Pet

• Pet said:

Pet

I'm not sure if you still have to buy https://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-beta but once that is done if you have Public Beta checked in the Download Filters dialogue in DIM it should be there

Pet said:

Pet

I'm not sure if you still have to buy https://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-beta but once that is done if you have Public Beta checked in the Download Filters dialogue in DIM it should be there

It says * Purchased * and when I go to my product librayr and download it it is still 4.9.3.166.

I have DIM but never use it.

So, in my Installed files DS is installed and in the other files it is not in their since it is alreayd installed. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Pet said:

Pet

Ooops, found it, I had not checked public build to show. .

Do I need to reinstall anything else like scne files and all that for the public beta?

Where would I find it?

Pet said:

Pet

Do I have to uninstall DS 4.9.3.166 or will it install over it?

A question before I proceed to install the new puplic beta version.

Will it override my installed Daz Studio or is it a seperate install?

I am a bit worried.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2017

You MUST use Install Manager to install any build other than the General Release (it is highly recommended for that as well), as they are not made available by any other means.

Using this method is how it avoids overwriting your existing installation

See this post   
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/941014/#Comment_941014

In the Daz Studio Pro BETA - FAQ thread.

Post edited by Chohole on
    Chohole said:

You MUST use Install Manager to install any build other than the General Release (it is highly recommended for that as well), as they are not made available by any other means.

Using this method is how it avoids overwriting your existing installation

See this post   
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/941014/#Comment_941014

In the Daz Studio Pro BETA - FAQ thread.

I thank you so much, you are a STAR.

I shall do that later tonight after dinner.

• Where can I download Version 4.9.4.110!?

You'll need to have Public Build checked on the Downloads tab (Settings) in DIM.

got it, thanks.:)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Just wanted to update on my issue.  I started tracking down my materials etc in the product tab.  Interestingly enough, some of them don't show as loaded at all even though they are clearly in the folders and I can use them if I go directly to the Daz  Studio Formats/People/Genesis/Clothing and not going in my custom categories.  Some show in the products but when I click on the icons and right click to see if they are in the custom categories, they are not.  Adding them from the product library to my custom categories seems to be working in the 4.9 beta and 4.8.  However, the ones that are not showing as downloaded in the Products do show greyed out and if download them via Smart Content, then they immediately show in the custom categories that they should be in.  However, this does NOT work for the 4.8 version because of course, it has no Smart Content.  And, most of these items are older content, which should not be Smart Content only.  They show as installed in DIM and re installing them via DIM does nothing, and re importing meta data for the ones that have it also does nothing.

I am fine with going through and adding them to 4.9, I'm not that concerned about the 4.8, the only reason I keep it is to find my newly downloaded content.  Those blue bars are priceless lol.

Anyway, I don't know if the above means anything but its a workaround for my issue anyway and if anyone else runs into this maybe it will help

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited June 2017

Power Poser is unusable on MacOS. It crashes to desktop everytime when I tried using it. I tested it in Windows and it works without crash.

Post edited by MBusch on
    MBusch said:

Power Poser is unusable on MacOS. It crashes to desktop everytime when I tried using it. I tested it in Windows and it works without crash.

Please report it, and attach the crash report.

• JQPJQP Posts: 504
    edited June 2017

And I really often see, when daz up-date ds,  texture shade in 3d view, clearly change  this time I could compare with this Public build and current product build.

as you can see, it is same default genesis3 and use same mat (not iray mat), then just use texture shading. why it is so diffrent?  I check preference etc, but I could not find 

any difference, between two version.

Is there any hidden setting, I can controll texture shaded brightness?   (though I beleive, when I render with iray, it should not cause any difference)  or it is caused by gamma setting some where? 

That might be viewport per-pixel shading. I know there's a bug in 4.8 (my current version) where it sometimes gets turned off (by stuff having nothing to do with anything remotely related to the interface - I think it's a memory bug or something because heavy memory use seems to cause it). And IIRC, when you check the setting, it says it's on. So you have to turn it off, accept changes, then turn it back on, and accept changes again. Long story short, turning viewport per pixel shading on and off has a dramatic effect on viewport lighting of figures, similar to what's in your attached images.

Sorry if this is a red herring, but I had to see if I could help you for once. :)

Also, please guys, fix the G3 Grouping Bug!

If I try to group a G3 figure, DAZ still freezes up for too long.

This has sent me back to 4.8 three times now, over the last year or so. I'm not upgrading to 4.9 again until I hear it's been fixed.

Post edited by JQP on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

Thanks JQP,  I thought same thing about pixel shading ,(user preference) but it was same setting.

but after all, I re-open daz beta again, then change to texture shading,, it show same shading as product version.

I did not care this problem before, (because I believed, it seems problem about my setting difference between beta and product bulid)

this time I clear saw difference. and as you said I think it seems something about memory problem or my old monitor problem^^;  (I do not know)

Then I really apreciate if daz plan to offer documents which use for actuall case about  new SSS mode, Chromatic option? I tested already, but I hope to know, how those SSS option set correctly for each render image (eg you use it for skin, or for volume effect only)  and simple clear tutoriall (with setting about  transulcency, reflaction, options).

I really feel pity, when DAZ offer new tool or new option, DAZ do not take plenty of time to show usage with clear case and image, for your basic customer.

• PowerPose - Suggestion:

It seems to become a very handy feature, once the bendings are working in a proper way.

But please include the missing bones, such as Abdomen, Pelvis, Left and Right Pectorals, ...

Thx in advance, Peter

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,343
    edited June 2017

Added the ability to invoke a screen color picker from any color widget by pressing the AltModifier on the keyboard while initiating a left-click + hold from the area of the color-well between the numeric values; the cursor will change to a cross and the color will update as the cursor is moved; releasing the left-click + hold commits the color of the pixel currently under the center of the cross cursor; right-clicking while the left-click + hold is still active cancels the operation

Color picker produce a color lighter than the original. Center red square: image to pick, left red square: picked from image by a picker tool, right red square:picked from image by DS picker. 

pick.png
    890 x 384 - 212K
    Post edited by [email protected] on
  • RobotHeadArtRobotHeadArt Posts: 904

I see a new build showed up in DIM but the patch notes page give a Cloudflare error.

edited June 2017

@ GiGi_7it

I can not confirm, but I think it is about gamma correction.  becauses when I test with Render image, with set color for back ground, then check with DS color picker, and Gimp color picker show same RGB values.

we see color which is  "gamma correction" (reverse gamma)"  applied, to see color correctly adjusted for our monitor gamma (2.2) in DS  color property.  

then DS color picker show RGB .   but your color picker seems try to show RGB value  without gamma correction. (not apply gamma correction)

you can see  RGB value without Gamma correction,  as float, when you ctrl click the color  property.  I think those value will be same as  your app color picker.

there is option, how color will be shown with Gamma correction and  without Gamma correction in your monitor.

if I check box on, the color is same when I see the color in my monitor (already gamma correction applied), but if  I check it off, it show color  which remove gamma correction and it should be more dark. 

gamma correction.JPG
    794 x 390 - 71K
    gamma correction2.JPG
    1349 x 979 - 181K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • GlennFGlennF Posts: 141

GenX 2 Doesn't work in the new Beta.The Source button is grayed out.

GenX Buttons.jpg
    304 x 804 - 32K
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    GlennF said:

GenX 2 Doesn't work in the new Beta.The Source button is grayed out.

That's not good...

As far as I can remember (it has been awhile since I used it), GenX installs into the the General Release version. Files have to be copied over to the Beta directories.

• AndySAndyS Posts: 1,434

Sorry Folks,

Refraction Bug: Not Solved
    Limited Detailing: Not Solved

I have installed GenX2 manually to the beta directory .  you can check package and  files of GenX2 by DIM and where they have been installed,, then copy and paste for ds public build plug in directories.

I copy "C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\GenX2"  folda ,  and paste to  "C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4 Public Build

next   serch In  "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins"  ,   there should be "d3dGenX2.dll, initialize.dzime, initialize.dzims".   I copy those three files then paste to "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\plugins" 

those directory may different, where you install daz studio 4 aprication.  then you may better use DIM to find installed directory of each files.then copy and paste correctly to your beta directories.  it seems work for me. Though I can not offer any confirm, it is stable or not, untill plug in author or DAZ conrim it.

if something wrong about my step , correct please.  Actually I do not know, my way is right or not. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050

None of the Change Log links in the first post are working. Some give Error 521, others give error 502.