Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

wow girl you have been busy, that conversion works out really well and i agree your SB3 render looks awesome.

I like the tones on the render with the bot from Serum. the pose is awkward but it looks like the bot is trying to pose like a human but fails ;)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Thanks!  I agree, the pose is a bit awkward. I like your take on it lol.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

The bot render looks great.  Love the blue tint.  Thanks to @angelreaper1972 I am now imagining her as a centaur, lol  What an interesting and original idea.

Sadly, I had to pass on the female Centaur at the moment.  However, I do have the male centaur and the male bot as well..... maybe I will cook something up with that lol.

edited May 2017

Was mucking about last night and did this.  I'm not happy with it though.  Its missing something. Too blah and I can't figure out what to do to fix it.  Maybe I should try a different angle or something. Its just a random kind of render inspired by the outfit I was converting.

COURTLY MANNERS.png
    988 x 790 - 1M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Sonja,  Might I suggest moving the chairs back a bit... almost against the wall... looks to me that they are competing for the attention too much. Perhaps even change shaders for either the dress or the chairs also.

OT:  I've finished modeling the logo I've been working on... take a peek in CarrarArtist Logo.  There are 2 versions of the logo included in the file.

I had a quick peek at your logos this morning before we left for the day, they look great!

I will move the chairs and maybe work on adding some plants or something... and do some retexturing as well.  Thanks for the suggestion!

edited May 2017

This is a V4 character on Gen2f wearing the Alruna Armour for v4 as well.

NO TRESPASSING.png
    1261 x 2040 - 4M
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,039
    edited May 2017

​Suggestion.

Change the camera angle and try to get the heads like this.

Click on image for full size. 

_test-003.jpg
    988 x 790 - 681K
    Post edited by Fishtales on
  • AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited May 2017

Hi Sonja, left arm is positioned as if he is hiding a knife, to commit a crime.  Both hands to hers or adding a knife is an option.  Opposed to suggesting my thoughts in writing, this image is what I had in mind.  Great job on Alruna armor. 

Elizabeth-784354.jpg
    555 x 500 - 290K
    Post edited by AJ2112 on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,039
    edited May 2017

It also illustrates quite nicely what I was suggesting :)

_test-004.jpg
    555 x 500 - 211K
    Post edited by Fishtales on

Thank you!   I like the idea of the knife and I agree, I need to change the angle so I will give that a try.  Busy weekend, heading out to the zoo today so won't have chance to do much until later. Or maybe tomorrow lol.  If I use a knife, I will have to move the gaurd as well as right now, he is looking right at the guy lol.

• cismiccismic Posts: 629

Was mucking about last night and did this.  I'm not happy with it though.  Its missing something. Too blah and I can't figure out what to do to fix it.  Maybe I should try a different angle or something. Its just a random kind of render inspired by the outfit I was converting.

I think the dude needs a Pucker on those lips

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Thank you everyone for taking the time to give me some suggestions on this I appreciate it!

edited May 2017

Does anyone have any idea why my Genesis 2 females are loading with black eyes?  They don't render black but it definitely has an impact on how the eyes look when rendered.  Happens with all of my Genesis 2 females.  I have looked at the maps loaded in each of the surfaces tabs and none of them are all black

eyes.png
    988 x 1600 - 2M
    eyes.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 340K
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

You've been a busy girl!  I like seeing all of the conversions.  I'm going to have to get busy on some of my older stuff and bringing it forward.  It's great seeing how good all of that older content looks with today's render engines.  I have never seen that black eye thing.  Weird!

Demons?  Lol sorry I'm no help but it had to be asked. I don't think I have used G2 yet. 

Sonja,  I just tried nearly all my G2Fs... including the G2F base.  I probably have all but 1 or 2... Which one are you having the problem with?  Everything loaded fine for me.  What version of DS are you using?  I just installed version 4.9.4.110 Public Build "Beta".  Have you checked DIM recently?  It may have become available in the last few days or so.

I have the latest "stable" release on my PC.  I have the latest  beta and 4.8 on the laptop.  This is only happening on my PC so its clearly something is loading that shouldn't.  Its all of the characters that have the base female mats.  I have gone in and did the return to default on the base genesis 2 female and saved it. I didn't get a chance to see if that worked but I am hoping that did the trick lol.  I have looked at all of the surface maps and setting and cannot find anything wrong with any of them. 

@WorldEdge - haha I briefly considered it lol!

@knittingmommy - thanks!  I'm having a lot of fun with those conversions lol.  Once they are all done, I am moving on to retexturing some of them.  I have accumulated quite a few textures and patterns as well as brushes for that so that should be fun too lol.

Soooo.... Big news in our house.  My son just told us that he and his fiancee are getting married July 1st.  As in one month from today.....ACK!!!! That isn't enough time!!!

Fortunately, they are doing a very small, casual wedding at the park and she already has a dress, and they have the place rented - its beautiful and comes with a large building so if it rains, we are still good to go.  Am meeting her mom on Monday and we are going to try and hammer out all the details as we will be doing most of it ourselves.  Interestingly enough, about 2 months ago, I decided to learn cake and cupcake decorating, so I have everything I need to make the wedding cake, which again, fortunately, is very simple and rustic.  But, a month!!!! The original wedding date was August of next year lol.  She got accepted to grad school in S. Carolina though and is moving at the beginning of August.  He will join her once he finds a job down there. 

I'm excited but I'm also feeling a wee bit overwhelmed.  Things were supposed to slow down after Megan graduated not speed up lolol!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

Oh my goodness.  That is big news.  Very happy for you and your family.  I expect you will be very busy.  On the bright side, you won't go through 6-9 months of wedding planning negotiations - uh, oh, I mean discussions.  Truly, all the best.  smiley

Lol thank you!  Fortunately, both my son and his fiancee are on the same page and want something very simple and rustic.

Sonja, Forgot to mention that I'm running Windoze 7.

Great news about the wedding... Got your piping bag ready?

I do in fact have my piping bag ready.  Its kind of funny, I decided about 3 months ago to teach myself how to decorate cakes and cupcakes.  Something I have always wanted to do.  This was before I knew they had moved the date up lol.  So, I am actually ready to make the cake.

I am using Windows 7 as well.  On both the pc and the laptop lol.  I loathe windows 8 and up

edited June 2017

This dragon is very unsure about getting into the water and complaining loudly.

BATH TIME.png
    2000 x 1600 - 5M
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

That's adorable!  Love dragon renders.  

Congrats on the upcoming wedding.  I love cake decorating.  i find it kind of relaxing.  I'm not sure I'd want to decorate my kids' wedding cakes, though, as that wouldn't be relaxing.  I did most of their birthday cakes and I was kind of happy when I didn't have to do cakes under pressure anymore.  It's much more relaxing when you don't have a deadline.  I'm sure you'll do fine, though.  :)

That's adorable!  Love dragon renders.  

Congrats on the upcoming wedding.  I love cake decorating.  i find it kind of relaxing.  I'm not sure I'd want to decorate my kids' wedding cakes, though, as that wouldn't be relaxing.  I did most of their birthday cakes and I was kind of happy when I didn't have to do cakes under pressure anymore.  It's much more relaxing when you don't have a deadline.  I'm sure you'll do fine, though.  :)

lol ya its a wee bit of pressure but they picked a super simple design (really rustic and organic, going to be really hard to screw it up thank God!). They are just going to grab a couple of sheet cakes from Sam's club to feed eveyrone, I am only making a smallish wedding cake for them to cut for pictures and for them to keep.  So I don't have to make a 4 tier, 5 foot cake or anything.

And thank you, as you know, I love dragons too.  I need to incorporate them more into my renders. I have about twenty different kinds i need to render at least once lol.

Gosh I really love the dragon render.  So cute and you can tell the female character is encouraging/hoping the dragon goes for it, and the wee dragon is scared and unsure.  Great work.

And a big congrats on the upcomming wedding.  Home made and decorated wedding cakes seem to be becomming quite a "thing."  I have two friends who just did that for other family members getting married.  

Gosh I really love the dragon render.  So cute and you can tell the female character is encouraging/hoping the dragon goes for it, and the wee dragon is scared and unsure.  Great work.

And a big congrats on the upcomming wedding.  Home made and decorated wedding cakes seem to be becomming quite a "thing."  I have two friends who just did that for other family members getting married. 

Thanks, on both counts lol.

They are of the mind that the money for a huge wedding would be better spent on buying a home or putting away into savings and not getting into a huge amount of debt.  Niether my husband and I or her parents can afford to help out a huge amount, so we will be doing a lot of it handmade.  Fortunately, there are plenty of crafty people in both households lol. I mean really, if you think about, someone, somewhere, made the stuff you buy in the store so I think we can manage it.  Rustic is popular at the moment so decorations should be fairly easy to find and combine.

This discussion has been closed.